PDA

View Full Version : "he's a joke"

rcsodak
04-06-2011, 01:38 PM
Straight from the mouth of Ravens Wr Derrick Mason, referring to NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell.

He said this in a radio interview, about Goodells talking about testing for HGH.

Hmmmmm....maybe he should be the FIRST testee?
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

underrated29
04-06-2011, 01:38 PM
oh, now i get it.

thanks.

KCL
04-06-2011, 01:42 PM
They're all a bunch of clowns.

HORSEPOWER 56
04-06-2011, 01:46 PM
Sorry rc. I LOLed at the first thread before you fixed it. It looked like you were talking about yourself...:lol:

Nomad
04-06-2011, 02:14 PM

I've never understood the big deal with drug testing.....unless a person's not clean then they deserve the consequences if tested positive!

Dzone
04-06-2011, 02:15 PM
The whole PED testing idea is a joke. If someone can make several million $$$$ over a few years, you bet your ass they are going to use PEDs. More players are using PEDs than anyone realizes.

I Eat Staples
04-06-2011, 03:04 PM
Gooddell is a joke of a commissioner, regardless of the testing rules. He makes the game worse every year with this player safety bullshit.

BigSarge87
04-06-2011, 05:26 PM

Clowns are scary. I watched Stephen Kings "IT" when I was too little and I'm still a bit uneasy around them.

turftoad
04-06-2011, 05:33 PM
Not all players agree with Mason at all. Not only that but, if you have nothing to hide why worry.

Read here: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/04/06/antonio-cromartie-supports-hgh-testing-questions-players-who-dont/

NFL asks: If figure skaters will submit blood tests, why won’t players?

Read here: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/04/06/nfl-asks-if-figure-skaters-will-submit-blood-tests-why-wont-players/

KCL
04-06-2011, 06:15 PM
Clowns are scary. I watched Stephen Kings "IT" when I was too little and I'm still a bit uneasy around them.

The ending of that movie was so stupid...I expected better out of King.

bcbronc
04-06-2011, 06:37 PM
The ending of that movie was so stupid...I expected better out of King.

great book though. didn't translate well to the screen imo.

Denver Native (Carol)
04-06-2011, 06:49 PM
Not all players agree with Mason at all. Not only that but, if you have nothing to hide why worry.

Read here: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/04/06/antonio-cromartie-supports-hgh-testing-questions-players-who-dont/

NFL asks: If figure skaters will submit blood tests, why won’t players?

Read here: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/04/06/nfl-asks-if-figure-skaters-will-submit-blood-tests-why-wont-players/

Totally agree - if you have nothing to hide why worry!!!!!!

Denver Native (Carol)
04-06-2011, 06:53 PM
NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell quickly received both criticism and support from current players after his Monday comments that testing for human growth hormone must be included in any drug program in a new collective bargaining agreement.

Ravens wide receiver Derrick Mason responded by calling the commissioner a "joke" during a Tuesday interview on a Baltimore radio station.

"He needs to stop crying about blood tests and HGH," Mason said on WJZ-FM, according to USA Today. "He needs to try to get a (labor) deal done, that's what he needs to do. He's been on this crusade about HGH, but he needs to be on a crusade about getting these owners together and trying to work out a deal. To me, he's a joke, because every time I look, he's talking about performance enhancements instead of talking about trying to figure out a way to make sure football is played in August."

New York Jets cornerback Antonio Cromartie begged to differ, writing Wednesday on his Twitter account: "Jus was reading an article about HGH testing in the NFL. I'm for it I'm not against it. If u against that mean you hiding something."

Cromartie went on to add: "i mean u shouldn't have 2 cheat 2 get an edge just go out an play ball. God created us all differently so us the talents he blessed us with."

full article - http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81f1e1fa/article/goodells-call-for-hgh-testing-irks-mason-cromartie-ok-with-it?module=HP_headlines

I Eat Staples
04-06-2011, 09:15 PM
I understand the "if you have nothing to hide why worry?" argument, but I know if a cop pulls me over for a spot check I'm pretty ticked off, even though I'm not hiding anything.

I wouldn't want to take blood tests regardless.

Nomad
04-06-2011, 09:37 PM
Giving blood doesn't bother me! I would like to watch those athletes give blood and see how many faint. My wife works in Med Lab and says it's funny to see guys whine like little girls because they are going to be stuck with a needle.

I always agree with law enforcement DUI checkpoints and suspious pullovers!!

Ravage!!!
04-07-2011, 10:49 AM
I understand the "if you have nothing to hide why worry?" argument, but I know if a cop pulls me over for a spot check I'm pretty ticked off, even though I'm not hiding anything.

I was thinking nearly the same thing, although I had the airport scan example in my head.

I don't have anything to hide, but treating me like a criminal, and simply using the "if yo dont have anything to hide" excuse shouldn't be ok in this country.

weazel
04-07-2011, 12:43 PM
The whole PED testing idea is a joke. If someone can make several million $$$$ over a few years, you bet your ass they are going to use PEDs. More players are using PEDs than anyone realizes.

I say 100% have used at one time... about 90% are currently

Nomad
04-07-2011, 12:53 PM
I was thinking nearly the same thing, although I had the airport scan example in my head.

I don't have anything to hide, but treating me like a criminal, and simply using the "if yo dont have anything to hide" excuse shouldn't be ok in this country.

How is drug testing for an employer treating you like a criminal? i guess pre-employment physicals are criminal as well because you believe you are healthy and why should they poke and probe you.

At first, I was atimate about the TSA thing being bad, then we flew here to Anchorage and it wasn't as bad as the media made it out to be. I'm sure there are isolated instances but overall standing in line watching and going through the screening...it went smooth.

Again, I don't see anything wrong with DUI checkpoints or if a law enforcement officer pulls me over for something suspicious.

rcsodak
04-07-2011, 01:02 PM
As for the other side of the coin, at a recent speech at Univ of Virginia's Darden School of Business, DSmith brought up the "3.2 avg yrs" for an nfl player's career; "the fundamental principle of our business model....necessarily includes every nfl player play an avg of 3.2yrs".
But I just listened to one of the guys on Sirius NFL, Howard David, lay out some FACTS.
When a player spends at least 3gms on the active roster/inactive roster or injured reserve,
his avg career in the league is 5.3yrs.
The avg career length, for 1st rd players, believe-it-or-not, is 9.3yrs!!
His point, is a lawyer will say whatever it takes, and as long as he SOUNDS smart, it'll prolly be believed.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Nomad
04-07-2011, 01:10 PM
I say 100% have used at one time... about 90% are currently

I know HGH helps these guys recover faster that's why I'm on the fence about the use, but if the NFL deems it an illegal substance then the players have to comply or not play!

Juriga72
04-07-2011, 07:46 PM

Would you take a pre-screen for a job? Because this would be IMHO the very same thing.