PDA

View Full Version : McShay projects Dareus to Denver

Denver Native (Carol)
04-05-2011, 06:36 PM
ESPN draft analyst Todd McShay will unveil his latest three-round mock draft Wednesday on ESPN.com.

Tuesday, on “SportsCenter,” McShay gave a sneak peak with his top five picks.

McShay called the Denver Broncos the “real winners” because he has the Carolina Panthers taking Auburn quarterback Cam Newton with the No. 1 pick. That would leave the entire defensive draft board to Denver at No. 2.

full article - http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/26050/mcshay-projects-dareus-to-denver

dogfish
04-05-2011, 06:44 PM
good ol' mcparrot. . . i'm sure that "opinion" has nothing to do with the fact that mayock's been saying dareus won't get past denver. . .

they actually had mcshay on NFL live the other day, and it was hilarious. . . you could tell he was terrified to talk to actual players instead of mel kiper. . . and it wasn't exactly heavy hitters, just some of the usual ESPiN tards like golic and merril hodge. . .

in any case, mcshay was mumbling and stumbling like a kid on his first date-- and once one of the guys made a point on any players' technique, he was left speechless and unable to even respond. . . it was painfully obvious just how far out of his depth and comfort zone he was-- i'm quite sure any number of posters from this board could have done better. . .

people really need to stop referring to the guy as any type of authority. . . i'd place immeasureably more value on the opinions of G or coach chaz, and that's not a bit of hyperbole. . .

no offense intended to carol, of course-- just responding to the article. . .

TXBRONC
04-05-2011, 09:43 PM
good ol' mcparrot. . . i'm sure that "opinion" has nothing to do with the fact that mayock's been saying dareus won't get past denver. . .

they actually had mcshay on NFL live the other day, and it was hilarious. . . you could tell he was terrified to talk to actual players instead of mel kiper. . . and it wasn't exactly heavy hitters, just some of the usual ESPiN tards like golic and merril hodge. . .

in any case, mcshay was mumbling and stumbling like a kid on his first date-- and once one of the guys made a point on any players' technique, he was left speechless and unable to even respond. . . it was painfully obvious just how far out of his depth and comfort zone he was-- i'm quite sure any number of posters from this board could have done better. . .

people really need to stop referring to the guy as any type of authority. . . i'd place immeasureably more value on the opinions of G or coach chaz, and that's not a bit of hyperbole. . .

McShay really went out on a limb with that prediction.

sneakers
04-05-2011, 11:41 PM
Mock drafts are worthless.

getlynched47
04-06-2011, 12:09 AM
Way to go out on a limb :rolleyes:

But seriously, if we don't go Dareus with the #2 overall pick, we're crazy. Fairley gives me a bad feeling.

Elevation inc
04-06-2011, 04:27 AM
Here is what I expect to happen....Carolina Selects Marcel Dareus. Denver is on the clock and starts gettin serious calls about trades so teams can go for newton or gabbert. Buffalo at 3 will take a Qb if one is available and Arizona is in love with gabbert, that means teams like SF/TEN/MIN will have to make a deal ahead of at least 5 if not 3 to grab a top QB....i pretty certain we will be trading with SF becasue harbaugh is not gonna be fine with what he has at QB, and no player trades are allowed so he is gonna have to take the risk......this is fine for us as guys like Cameron Jordan, Nick fairley, Robert quinn and Bowers will all still be available. I believe they will give us there 1st/2nd rd picks plus a 2011 2nd rd pick, and perhaps another late pick thrown in so they can grab gabbert at 2...just my thought.....

Juriga72
04-06-2011, 06:32 AM
We take another running back at 2.....lol

SOCALORADO.
04-06-2011, 07:41 AM

Why anyone would ever listen to McShay or Kiper is beyond me.
I swear there needs to be another 24 hour sports channel to compete with
E!SPN. Its long overdue.

TXBRONC
04-06-2011, 07:51 AM
Here is what I expect to happen....Carolina Selects Marcel Dareus. Denver is on the clock and starts gettin serious calls about trades so teams can go for newton or gabbert. Buffalo at 3 will take a Qb if one is available and Arizona is in love with gabbert, that means teams like SF/TEN/MIN will have to make a deal ahead of at least 5 if not 3 to grab a top QB....i pretty certain we will be trading with SF becasue harbaugh is not gonna be fine with what he has at QB, and no player trades are allowed so he is gonna have to take the risk......this is fine for us as guys like Cameron Jordan, Nick fairley, Robert quinn and Bowers will all still be available. I believe they will give us there 1st/2nd rd picks plus a 2011 2nd rd pick, and perhaps another late pick thrown in so they can grab gabbert at 2...just my thought.....

With the NFL just about anything is possible. Something could put a serious crimp in your prediction is if Carolina takes Cam Newton. There have been rumors floating around that they really like him. If they take him no need for Denver to move unless they can get a sweetheart of deal. The only way I see that possibly happening is if labor dispute is over.

TXBRONC
04-06-2011, 07:53 AM
Way to go out on a limb :rolleyes:

But seriously, if we don't go Dareus with the #2 overall pick, we're crazy. Fairley gives me a bad feeling.

I would still take Fairley if Dareus is gone but like you I have concerns about him that I don't with Dareus.

BroncoNut
04-06-2011, 09:35 AM
the only scenario I see.

BigSarge87
04-06-2011, 09:50 AM
We take another running back at 2.....lol

Wouldn't that be a peach? While were at it, lets trade our 1st next year to get Kaepernik (sp?) late in the 1st!

BroncoNut
04-06-2011, 09:51 AM
Wouldn't that be a peach? While were at it, lets trade our 1st next year to get Kaepernik (sp?) late in the 1st!

post reported for complete negativity :lol:

BigSarge87
04-06-2011, 09:53 AM
the only scenario I see.

Me too. Which is probably why it won't happen. I can't remember the last time I wasn't scratching my head after Denver's 1st round pick. Not saying I could have made better decisions, they just didn't make sense to me at the time.

BigSarge87
04-06-2011, 09:55 AM
post reported for complete negativity :lol:

As opposed to what?

BroncoNut
04-06-2011, 09:59 AM
As opposed to what?

well, like you, I think that would be foolish (using no. 2 on a rb). gotta build the barn before you can paint it type of thing. but, lets hope that doesn't happen.

rcsodak
04-06-2011, 10:00 AM
As opposed to what?complete positivity? ;)
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

BroncoNut
04-06-2011, 10:01 AM
Me too. Which is probably why it won't happen. I can't remember the last time I wasn't scratching my head after Denver's 1st round pick. Not saying I could have made better decisions, they just didn't make sense to me at the time.

the next case scenario (imo) would be trading that pick down. I don't like that though. not in this situation.

Ravage!!!
04-06-2011, 10:03 AM
Carolina is going to take Newton. Then hopefully we do take Dareus (we certainly arent going to get people trading up thinking we are going to take a QB).

While I agree that McShay is clueless (as dog pointed out)...at #2, he can't exactly step out on a limb .....unless he predicted we take a RB with the #2 pick. :lol:

Lonestar
04-06-2011, 10:08 AM

I Have went nuts the past decade and a half after hearing our pick and the commentators for the most part saying words to the effect that was a reach. And me saying who the hell is that where did that come from.

TXBRONC
04-06-2011, 10:34 AM

Do you think Clady and Cutler were head scatchers?

rcsodak
04-06-2011, 11:47 AM
Do you think Clady and Cutler were head scatchers?pretty sad if that's all shanny can hang his hat on. Clady was considered the best OT in that draft, iirc. And wasn't he in a zbs offense at BS?

TXBRONC
04-06-2011, 12:14 PM
pretty sad if that's all shanny can hang his hat on. Clady was considered the best OT in that draft, iirc. And wasn't he in a zbs offense at BS?

It's not but those are most recent. As far I know Shanahan never traded a number one pick to take player in the second round only to boot them to the curb a year later.

Ravage!!!
04-06-2011, 12:17 PM
Clady wasn't the highest ranking LT in the draft. But thats funny. Someone saying its a "no brainer" to take the highest ranked player at their position in the draft, while someone of the same ilk complaining elsewhere for 'reaches' on players.

Elevation inc
04-06-2011, 12:23 PM
With the NFL just about anything is possible. Something could put a serious crimp in your prediction is if Carolina takes Cam Newton. There have been rumors floating around that they really like him. If they take him no need for Denver to move unless they can get a sweetheart of deal. The only way I see that possibly happening is if labor dispute is over.

I hope to god they take Newton becasue I want Dareus at 2, however I have a gut instinct they pass on Newton and take Dareus.....

Elevation inc
04-06-2011, 12:27 PM
Carolina is going to take Newton. Then hopefully we do take Dareus (we certainly arent going to get people trading up thinking we are going to take a QB).

While I agree that McShay is clueless (as dog pointed out)...at #2, he can't exactly step out on a limb .....unless he predicted we take a RB with the #2 pick. :lol:

Im telling you right now if Gabbert and Newton are Available at 2 we will get calls from teams like SF and Ten at 7/8 that want to jump buffalo and Arizona.....i bet my life on that. Harbaugh is not gonna be the kind of coach to be happy with alex smith and troy smith after having Andrew luck as his Qb....i guarentee he wants a guy in this draft like gabbert or newton. there is no progress on a lockout which means FA and trades for Qb's could never come before season start, risks will be taken, there arent any other choices right now....

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-06-2011, 12:56 PM
I hope to god they take Newton becasue I want Dareus at 2, however I have a gut instinct they pass on Newton and take Dareus.....

I've been really concerned for about a month now the Panthers might take Dareus.

Ravage!!!
04-06-2011, 01:00 PM
Im telling you right now if Gabbert and Newton are Available at 2 we will get calls from teams like SF and Ten at 7/8 that want to jump buffalo and Arizona.....i bet my life on that. Harbaugh is not gonna be the kind of coach to be happy with alex smith and troy smith after having Andrew luck as his Qb....i guarentee he wants a guy in this draft like gabbert or newton. there is no progress on a lockout which means FA and trades for Qb's could never come before season start, risks will be taken, there arent any other choices right now....

I don't know. I don't think we risk jumping down that far when we could take Dareus (I'm feeling confident that Carolina takes Newton). Moving to 7-8, will most likely take us out of getting Dareus or Fairly and I just don't see that happening. I DO see Buffalo trading down, however.

Everyone knows we have a 1st round QB on the roster, and won't be taking a QB. I don't feel that Gabbert is the guy teams move up into the top 2 to pay for. Its EXTREMELY rare that any team will trade into the top 5, not to mention the top 2, and I don't think the QBs in this draft bring that kind of value.

rcsodak
04-06-2011, 01:18 PM
It's not but those are most recent. As far I know Shanahan never traded a number one pick to take player in the second round only to boot them to the curb a year later.

You're prolly right. Need I mention all the other wasted #1 picks by shanny, tho? Or should we just agree ALL coaches, be they 1st yr or 10yr, shit the bed when drafting.

rcsodak
04-06-2011, 01:32 PM
Clady wasn't the highest ranking LT in the draft. But thats funny. Someone saying its a "no brainer" to take the highest ranked player at their position in the draft, while someone of the same ilk complaining elsewhere for 'reaches' on players.

For the zbs? I'd say he's a better fit than jake long, a pure power guy from michigan or otah.
And not sure where you're going with the cryptic 'no brainer/reach' statement.

zbeg
04-06-2011, 03:31 PM
Why anyone would ever listen to McShay or Kiper is beyond me.
I swear there needs to be another 24 hour sports channel to compete with
E!SPN. Its long overdue.

We've had one for over a decade. Nobody watches it, however. Fox Sports Net has been trying to compete with ESPN since 1996. Unsuccessfully, as it turns out.

Lonestar
04-06-2011, 03:47 PM

Most of his day one picks never made it to a second contract with us. Pray tell the difference between the two.

Ziggy
04-06-2011, 04:02 PM
The owner of the Panthers is desperate to sell tickets, and too cheap to pay #1 draft pick money to any position other than a QB. It will either be Newton or Gabbert for Carolina. With the amount of teams behind us that want a QB, trading down is still a possibility, but I wouldn't look for Elway and company to be willing to go past the point that they could still get a Von Miller or Nick Fairley.

Lonestar
04-06-2011, 04:05 PM
You're prolly right. Need I mention all the other wasted #1 picks by shanny, tho? Or should we just agree ALL coaches, be they 1st yr or 10yr, shit the bed when drafting.

I Did not see your post When I did mine.

Iirc we had 5-7 day one picks over his tenure that got a second contract here. considering that up to last couple years day one was the first 3 rounds that is a Piss pot full of guys that were wasted picks. Only to get maybe a #3-7 compensatory pick for.

But then folks have real short memories

TXBRONC
04-06-2011, 04:08 PM
Most of his day one picks never made it to a second contract with us. Pray tell the difference between the two.

The difference is that Shanahan never gave up a number one pick just to move up in a lower round.

BigSarge87
04-06-2011, 04:55 PM

I was generalizing to make a point, TX.

TXBRONC
04-06-2011, 04:57 PM
I was generalizing to make a point, TX.

Seregeants should never generalize because grounds for a court martial . :D

BigSarge87
04-06-2011, 04:59 PM
The difference is that Shanahan never gave up a number one pick just to move up in a lower round.

I don't think anyone would classify those coaches (Shan or McD) as good drafters, but that has got to be one of the dumbest things anyone has ever done in a draft.

bcbronc
04-06-2011, 04:59 PM

Clady, no. We needed to address our OL in a big way.

Cutler on the other hand, considering that Plummer had just had his best season as a Bronco and led the team to the AFCCG, and Ngata was still on the board, yeah I scratched a bit at the time.

TXBRONC
04-06-2011, 05:01 PM
I don't think anyone would classify those coaches (Shan or McD) as good drafters, but that has got to be one of the dumbest things anyone has ever done in a draft.

Shanahan did make a lot bad choices but also kept the team competitive up until the last few years of his tenure.

BigSarge87
04-06-2011, 05:02 PM
Sargent's should never generalize because grounds for a court martial . :D

Courts martial, no, EO violation, probably. BTW, you spelled SERGEANTS wrong. Hah!

BigSarge87
04-06-2011, 05:05 PM
Shanahan did make a lot bad choices but also kept the team competitive up until the last few years of his tenure.

I loved Shanny, I loved the type of team he put on the field. I sure wish we could have seen what our team would have been with a true GM during those years.

How did this thread go down the slippery slope of Shanny vs McD again? Wow, that is so 2010. :laugh:

TXBRONC
04-06-2011, 05:06 PM
Courts martial, no, EO violation, probably. BTW, you spelled SERGEANTS wrong. Hah!

I misspelled it on purpose so there. :eviltongue:

Lonestar
04-06-2011, 06:27 PM
Clady, no. We needed to address our OL in a big way.

Cutler on the other hand, considering that Plummer had just had his best season as a Bronco and led the team to the AFCCG, and Ngata was still on the board, yeah I scratched a bit at the time.

I did more than that, I lost my mannered deportment until realized that it was nothing at all new and pulled that crapola al the time.

Lonestar
04-06-2011, 06:30 PM
I loved Shanny, I loved the type of team he put on the field. I sure wish we could have seen what our team would have been with a true GM during those years.

How did this thread go down the slippery slope of Shanny vs McD again? Wow, that is so 2010. :laugh:
Its easy to do because for some their either hate of Josh or love of mikey makes comparisons oh so easy.

dogfish
04-06-2011, 07:14 PM
Its easy to do because for some their either hate of Josh or love of mikey makes comparisons oh so easy.

in a thread about todd mcshay and marcel dareus. . .

same shit, different day-- some things never change. . .

:welcome:

Lonestar
04-07-2011, 01:17 AM
in a thread about todd mcshay and marcel dareus. . .

same shit, different day-- some things never change. . .

:welcome:

Just responding to his post.

If the true hurts do not read it.

Elevation inc
04-07-2011, 02:16 AM
The owner of the Panthers is desperate to sell tickets, and too cheap to pay #1 draft pick money to any position other than a QB. It will either be Newton or Gabbert for Carolina. With the amount of teams behind us that want a QB, trading down is still a possibility, but I wouldn't look for Elway and company to be willing to go past the point that they could still get a Von Miller or Nick Fairley.

i think 8 with Ten is the farthest trade down possible for us.....bot Ten and SF need Qb's very badly, and im telling you harbaugh will def want to grab one before buf and arizona

Elevation inc
04-07-2011, 02:24 AM
I don't know. I don't think we risk jumping down that far when we could take Dareus (I'm feeling confident that Carolina takes Newton). Moving to 7-8, will most likely take us out of getting Dareus or Fairly and I just don't see that happening. I DO see Buffalo trading down, however.

Everyone knows we have a 1st round QB on the roster, and won't be taking a QB. I don't feel that Gabbert is the guy teams move up into the top 2 to pay for. Its EXTREMELY rare that any team will trade into the top 5, not to mention the top 2, and I don't think the QBs in this draft bring that kind of value.

well i agree somewhat with you, i want dareus more than any other first rd player but if carolina nabs him, then i wanna trade back with SF or TEN and still get a guy like von miller, or Fairley

and if we move to seven with SF which i think we will, i belive our pick will then be Fairley, which is still great for us.....

1. CAR- Dareus
2. SF(from Denver)- Gabbert
3. Buf- Newton
4. CIN- AJ Green
5. ARZ- Von miller
6. CLEV- Patrick Peterson
7. DEN(from SF)- Nick Fairley

Im pretty sure the first seven picks will go like that, call it my bold prediction if you will, also word is Harabaugh likes Gabbert alot and did try and recruit him to stanford as well....and whether gabbert is worth that 2 pick is kinda obsolete, there will be no fans next year in SF if they roll with alex smith and troy smith again...lol

TXBRONC
04-07-2011, 07:37 AM
Just responding to his post.

If the true hurts do not read it.

Jr that was no response to Sarge it was a shot at people you don't agree with.