PDA

View Full Version : LJ heading to the Broncos???

DenBronx
10-10-2008, 11:18 AM
I guess i'll be the brave one here and bring this up. Worth discussing....

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-tradebait100808&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Though in-season NFL trades are a rarity, four team executives talked to Yahoo! Sports about players they believe should be dealt prior to the deadline next Tuesday.

The executives agreed that the only teams that should really be cleaning house at this point are the Cincinnati Bengals, Detroit Lions and St. Louis Rams. Even though the Houston Texans are 0-4, many observes believe they will rebound and play well. Furthermore, the Texans don’t have many players who should just be dumped, aside from running back Ahman Green.

“And I would only take Green if I was truly desperate,” one of the executive said. “Thank God I’m not in that situation.”

Here’s a list of the top 10 players who should be dealt.

Johnson was limited to 2 yards on 7 carries against the Panthers in Week 5.
(AP Photo/Rick Havner)

1. RB Larry Johnson, Kansas City Chiefs

Comment: “By the time the Chiefs are good again, he’s going to be done. … I don’t understand why they gave him all the money and then they wouldn’t sign Jared Allen. If you’re rebuilding, you don’t do it with a running back who’s going to be burned.” Another executive said Johnson has a reputation around the league as being a “spoiled brat” and “not much of a leader.”

Best potential fits: He’s not a perfect fit in Philadelphia because of the style of the offense, but all of the executives said the Eagles could use him now that Brian Westbrook has broken ribs. Other teams that could use him would be the Denver Broncos, New England Patriots and New Orleans Saints.

2. DE Dewayne White Detroit

Comment: “He isn’t a great player, but he’s a good one and he can help any rotation. Plus, you can move him inside from time to time. He probably won’t get more than five or six sacks, but that’s worth it if you’re the right team.” Said another exec: “Try finding a pass rusher at this point of the year.”

Best potential fits: Just about any team except the New York Giants, Indianapolis Colts, Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Jacksonville Jaguars.

3. WR T.J. Houshmandzadeh, Bengals

Comment: “He’s going to be a free agent. He’s going to get paid. The Bengals won’t pay him, which is a joke because he’s one of the few guys on that team you could even begin to call a leader.” Said another executive: “He’d be perfect in Indianapolis, but it won’t happen.”

Best potential fits: Bucs, Jags, Dallas Cowboys, Tennessee Titans and Buffalo Bills.

4. CB Patrick Surtain, Chiefs

Comment: “He’s hurt (shoulder injury) and he has declined, but it’s the same thing as pass rushers; you need cover guys. You can’t get enough of them.”

Best potential fits: Saints, Arizona Cardinals, Green Bay Packers and Baltimore Ravens.

5. CB Brian Kelly, Lions

Comment: “Same as with Surtain, although Kelly has declined more and he has problems in straight man coverage … not a great player anymore, but they’ll get more for him than he’s really worth.”

Best potential fits: Cardinals, Packers, Saints and Ravens.

6. WR Roy Williams, Lions

Comment: “I think he’ll play harder for some other team.”

Best potential fits: Jags, Bucs, Cowboys and Minnesota Vikings.

7. DT Cory Redding, Lions

Comment: “If I’m the Lions, I clean house starting now. I don’t even wait for a new GM. This guy played hard for a contract and hasn’t done anything since. Again, I think it’s more about Detroit than the player, so I’d take a chance … if he’s motivated, he can rush the passer from the inside.”

Best potential fits: Colts, Eagles, Redskins and Broncos.

Will the Bengals part ways with Johnson, right, or Houshmandzadeh?
(AP Photo/Bill Kostroun)

8. TE Tony Gonzalez, Chiefs

Comment: “He’s a good guy in the locker room and he takes care of himself. Between the leadership and the fact that he might still be really good in two to three years, it would take a lot for me to deal him and I don’t think anybody is going to offer that much.”

Best potential fits: Jags, Bucs, Vikings and Titans.

9. WR Chad Johnson, Bengals

Comment: “I’m amazed how quiet he has been. Maybe that injury is worse than we thought. You know he wants out and he’s the most gifted receiver in the league. But the injury is an issue.”

Best potential fits: Pats, Cowboys, Vikings, Titans and Jags.

10. DE Antwan Odom, Texans

Comment: “They just signed him as a free agent (in the offseason), so I don’t think he’ll be available. But I think they realize he’s overrated. He’s purely a complementary player.”

Best potential fits: Pats, Jags and Colts.

DenBronx
10-10-2008, 11:20 AM
Maybe Moss and Young or Hall plus a 4th for LJ??? I dont really like the guy as a person but maybe all he needs is another team. I'm sad that we havnt been able to see what Torain brings to the table but our offense would be deadly with this guy.

There's less than 48 hours now before the deadline. So I expect to see some big names moved. I wonder what will happen in Cincy?

turftoad
10-10-2008, 11:22 AM
There is NO WAY KC trades LJ to us.

DenBronx
10-10-2008, 11:24 AM

well, they did trade neil smith to us. :laugh:

EDIT: no they didnt, we picked him up via free agent.
thanks Jrwiz.

claymore
10-10-2008, 11:24 AM
If the Rams clean house, I would rather have Stephen Jackson.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-10-2008, 11:25 AM

My same thought - if he is traded, I can not see it being a team within the same division.

tubby
10-10-2008, 11:26 AM

Not really.

And no way on LJ!

underrated29
10-10-2008, 11:28 AM
No one is going anywhere. I would Love LJ here, but we have torain who will be good enough. I dont expect to see anyone go anywhere. Maybe roy williams but thats it and i doubt it.... Although i wouldnt mind seeing the texans going after a big name wr....( i have schaub as a backup qb in FF)

Lonestar
10-10-2008, 11:30 AM

IIRC he was a FA..

DenBronx
10-10-2008, 11:34 AM
No one really knows if Torain is going to be any better than Young or Hall though. Both Young and Hall are not the answer at RB.

DenBronx
10-10-2008, 11:37 AM
If the Rams clean house, I would rather have Stephen Jackson.

I'm suprised he's actually not on the list. Jackson seems to have better character traits than LJ. But I wouldnt mind either guy. LJ runs like he wants to kill someone on every play.

atwater27
10-10-2008, 11:38 AM
I wouldn't want LJ even if the Chiefs would be willing to trade. The guy has broken the odometer for running backs, and is bound to have his tires shred on the freeway any day now.

slim
10-10-2008, 11:38 AM
No one really knows if Torain is going to be any better than Young or Hall though. Both Young and Hall are not the answer at RB.

:hi:

Buff
10-10-2008, 11:39 AM
I hate these wildly speculative stories... Some jackass says "Hey, I think this guy ought to be traded." Then people run with it like it's an actual possibility.

Who in their right mind thinks the Chiefs would send their franchise RB to a division rival who's made a habit of running the ball down their throats over the years? It's asinine.

Dreadnought
10-10-2008, 11:44 AM
Please Gawd No. LJ is a POS, lazy, and a bad character guy. It took us too long to flush out the idiots we used to have, and we sure don't need new problems. Corey Redding is more interesting to speculate about.

DallasChief
10-10-2008, 11:45 AM
Besides, LJ is going to be traded to Cleveland for Brady Quinn.

Close thread.

slim
10-10-2008, 11:45 AM
Did he ever take his diapers off?

turftoad
10-10-2008, 11:47 AM
I wouldn't want LJ even if the Chiefs would be willing to trade. The guy has broken the odometer for running backs, and is bound to have his tires shred on the freeway any day now.

Tell that to the Broncos defense.

DenBronx
10-10-2008, 11:47 AM
I hate these wildly speculative stories... Some jackass says "Hey, I think this guy ought to be traded." Then people run with it like it's an actual possibility.

Who in their right mind thinks the Chiefs would send their franchise RB to a division rival who's made a habit of running the ball down their throats over the years? It's asinine.

Hey Buff most trades usually have a rumor about it before it happens. Now the guy that wrote this article thinks Denver could be a possibility. I on the other hand highly doubt they would do that but like I said....it's worth discussing.

Don't shoot the messanger folks.

Benetto
10-10-2008, 11:49 AM
I heard somewhere LT was going to the Raiders.

DenBronx
10-10-2008, 11:49 AM

Close thread.

Cleveland would be stupid to trade Quinn. Deri-lickt my Anderson needs to be traded while they still can.

omac
10-10-2008, 11:54 AM
I guess i'll be the brave one here and bring this up. Worth discussing....

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-tradebait100808&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Though in-season NFL trades are a rarity, four team executives talked to Yahoo! Sports about players they believe should be dealt prior to the deadline next Tuesday.

The executives agreed that the only teams that should really be cleaning house at this point are the Cincinnati Bengals, Detroit Lions and St. Louis Rams. Even though the Houston Texans are 0-4, many observes believe they will rebound and play well. Furthermore, the Texans don’t have many players who should just be dumped, aside from running back Ahman Green.

“And I would only take Green if I was truly desperate,” one of the executive said. “Thank God I’m not in that situation.”

Here’s a list of the top 10 players who should be dealt.

Johnson was limited to 2 yards on 7 carries against the Panthers in Week 5.
(AP Photo/Rick Havner)

1. RB Larry Johnson, Kansas City Chiefs

Comment: “By the time the Chiefs are good again, he’s going to be done. … I don’t understand why they gave him all the money and then they wouldn’t sign Jared Allen. If you’re rebuilding, you don’t do it with a running back who’s going to be burned.” Another executive said Johnson has a reputation around the league as being a “spoiled brat” and “not much of a leader.”

Best potential fits: He’s not a perfect fit in Philadelphia because of the style of the offense, but all of the executives said the Eagles could use him now that Brian Westbrook has broken ribs. Other teams that could use him would be the Denver Broncos, New England Patriots and New Orleans Saints.

Comment: “He isn’t a great player, but he’s a good one and he can help any rotation. Plus, you can move him inside from time to time. He probably won’t get more than five or six sacks, but that’s worth it if you’re the right team.” Said another exec: “Try finding a pass rusher at this point of the year.”

Best potential fits: Just about any team except the New York Giants, Indianapolis Colts, Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Jacksonville Jaguars.

3. WR T.J. Houshmandzadeh, Bengals

Comment: “He’s going to be a free agent. He’s going to get paid. The Bengals won’t pay him, which is a joke because he’s one of the few guys on that team you could even begin to call a leader.” Said another executive: “He’d be perfect in Indianapolis, but it won’t happen.”

Best potential fits: Bucs, Jags, Dallas Cowboys, Tennessee Titans and Buffalo Bills.

4. CB Patrick Surtain, Chiefs

Comment: “He’s hurt (shoulder injury) and he has declined, but it’s the same thing as pass rushers; you need cover guys. You can’t get enough of them.”

Best potential fits: Saints, Arizona Cardinals, Green Bay Packers and Baltimore Ravens.

5. CB Brian Kelly, Lions

Comment: “Same as with Surtain, although Kelly has declined more and he has problems in straight man coverage … not a great player anymore, but they’ll get more for him than he’s really worth.”

Best potential fits: Cardinals, Packers, Saints and Ravens.

6. WR Roy Williams, Lions

Comment: “I think he’ll play harder for some other team.”

Best potential fits: Jags, Bucs, Cowboys and Minnesota Vikings.

Comment: “If I’m the Lions, I clean house starting now. I don’t even wait for a new GM. This guy played hard for a contract and hasn’t done anything since. Again, I think it’s more about Detroit than the player, so I’d take a chance … if he’s motivated, he can rush the passer from the inside.”

Will the Bengals part ways with Johnson, right, or Houshmandzadeh?
(AP Photo/Bill Kostroun)

8. TE Tony Gonzalez, Chiefs

Comment: “He’s a good guy in the locker room and he takes care of himself. Between the leadership and the fact that he might still be really good in two to three years, it would take a lot for me to deal him and I don’t think anybody is going to offer that much.”

Best potential fits: Jags, Bucs, Vikings and Titans.

9. WR Chad Johnson, Bengals

Comment: “I’m amazed how quiet he has been. Maybe that injury is worse than we thought. You know he wants out and he’s the most gifted receiver in the league. But the injury is an issue.”

Best potential fits: Pats, Cowboys, Vikings, Titans and Jags.

10. DE Antwan Odom, Texans

Comment: “They just signed him as a free agent (in the offseason), so I don’t think he’ll be available. But I think they realize he’s overrated. He’s purely a complementary player.”

Best potential fits: Pats, Jags and Colts.

Cool article, DenBronx! :salute:

DE Dewayne White, Detroit, sounds good. Can't hurt to give him a look.

No on LJ, though, more because of his attitude; he complains a lot when he doesn't get the ball, and that wouldn't fit with this Denver team.

Probably no on DT Cory Redding, Lions, too. I don't like players who intentionaly underperform, no matter what the situation. That's why I'd never want Randy Moss here.

atwater27
10-10-2008, 11:54 AM
Tell that to the Broncos defense.

Like it is some sort of accomplishment to run all over our D.
MJD will have no problem this Sunday.

KCL
10-10-2008, 11:55 AM

Yea too bad too.He IMO isn't worth the money they signed him to.And I thought this way long before now.Take him,I would like to see J Charles in his place.

DenBronx
10-10-2008, 11:57 AM
Like it is some sort of accomplishment to run all over our D.
MJD will have no problem this Sunday.

wow...you just had to bring that up. now i need to go find my stash of rolaids to sooth the knot thats in my stomach.

KCL
10-10-2008, 11:58 AM
I'm suprised he's actually not on the list. Jackson seems to have better character traits than LJ. But I wouldnt mind either guy. LJ runs like he wants to kill someone on every play.

:confused:

He does?

Buff
10-10-2008, 11:59 AM
Hey Buff most trades usually have a rumor about it before it happens. Now the guy that wrote this article thinks Denver could be a possibility. I on the other hand highly doubt they would do that but like I said....it's worth discussing.

Don't shoot the messanger folks.

I didn't intend that toward you so much as the original author...

These national writers try so hard to create stories where there are none... To me, it borders on irresponsible journalism to even suggest something so clearly ludicrous. I mean, I can make up trade rumors all day if we're not going to base them on anything.

What's next? The Broncos are thinking of trading Jay Cutler to the Raiders?

DenBronx
10-10-2008, 11:59 AM
[/FONT]

:confused:

He does?

well maybe only when he plays the broncos. :defense::elefant::defense:

topscribe
10-10-2008, 12:01 PM

I appreciate your opinion, and some speculations are wild, true. But such
speculations can be fun on a message board, and they obviously draw a lot
of comments.

I'm not sure that referring to them as "jackasses" is appropriate, though . . .

-----

Buff
10-10-2008, 12:04 PM
I appreciate your opinion, and some speculations are wild, true. But such
speculations can be fun on a message board, and they obviously draw a lot
of comments.

I'm not sure that referring to them as "jackasses" is appropriate, though . . .

-----

If you see my above post, I didn't intend that toward Bronx or any posters here, but the national yahoo writers who came up with the story.

I'm sorry, but anyone who suggests that Denver is a possible landing spot for L.J. is a jackass in my book.

omac
10-10-2008, 12:12 PM
wow...you just had to bring that up. now i need to go find my stash of rolaids to sooth the knot thats in my stomach.

Here, this should make you feel better ....

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80b7f906

They show how Denver was able to make their 3-4 effective against Tampa Bay, and they say it should have similar results against Jacksonville, who struggled against PIttsburgh's 3-4 defense. Also, aren't some of the Jags' OL starters still injured?

I'm less concerned about the rush defense than I am about the pass defense.

broncofaninfla
10-10-2008, 12:34 PM

With the amount of players who are rumored to be on the block with Detroit, maybe we could get one of these two cheap. I'm game for either as either would be a upgrade over what we have now especially with White's ability to play inside or Reddings power to plug the hole.

DenBronx
10-10-2008, 12:55 PM
Here, this should make you feel better ....

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80b7f906

They show how Denver was able to make their 3-4 effective against Tampa Bay, and they say it should have similar results against Jacksonville, who struggled against PIttsburgh's 3-4 defense. Also, aren't some of the Jags' OL starters still injured?

I'm less concerned about the rush defense than I am about the pass defense.

actually that did help. i love that we can transition back and forth between the 3-4 and 4-3 when needed. i think moving moss to olb will be interesting...i hope it pans out and he finds his niche.

who's going to play nt???

TXBRONC
10-10-2008, 01:55 PM
As it's has already been mentioned several time that Larry Johnson would be a good fit in Denver not that there is any discussions of moving him to Denver.

While he is an excellent running back I really wouldn't want a guy who has logged as many carries as Larry has. There are other reason I wouldn't want him but this my main reason.

broncofaninfla
10-10-2008, 02:08 PM
Johnson has laid eggs since he signed the big money contract. I wouldn't want him. Let's see what Torain "The Pain Train" brings to the table after the bye.

TXBRONC
10-10-2008, 02:16 PM
Johnson has laid eggs since he signed the big money contract. I wouldn't want him. Let's see what Torain "The Pain Train" brings to the table after the bye.

For at least the first couple of weeks he more than likely wont be bringing much.

broncobryce
10-10-2008, 02:37 PM
I'd rather trade Scheffler and a 4th for Tony Gonzalez. I love Scheff, but he gets hurt too much!

TXBRONC
10-10-2008, 02:41 PM
I'd rather trade Scheffler and a 4th for Tony Gonzalez. I love Scheff, but he gets hurt too much!

As good as Tony is I still wouldn't do it.

BroncoWave
10-10-2008, 03:29 PM

Are you crazy? Trade a very talented young TE and a mid-round pick for a player who probably only has a couple of good years left in him?

deacon
10-10-2008, 03:32 PM
As Dreadnought said, this is not the guy for the Broncos. I think Shanny has FINALLY learned his lesson and doesn't want any more malcontents.

Just read a good article about Al Davis and the Raiders. One of the important points was that Davis has always believed in measureables. (Size, Speed, etc.) And the article states this is one of the biggest problems with the Raiders today. They have a bunch of athletes with these qualities but poor character.

When things get tough, it's the character that will come to the top. That's why you see T.O. destruct when the Cowboys lose. 85 at Cincy is another example. Denver has had thier share in the past few years finally ending with Sauerbraun and Henry. The plus is overshadowed by the minus and having guys like this hurts the team.

TXBRONC
10-10-2008, 04:52 PM
As Dreadnought said, this is not the guy for the Broncos. I think Shanny has FINALLY learned his lesson and doesn't want any more malcontents.

Just read a good article about Al Davis and the Raiders. One of the important points was that Davis has always believed in measureables. (Size, Speed, etc.) And the article states this is one of the biggest problems with the Raiders today. They have a bunch of athletes with these qualities but poor character.

When things get tough, it's the character that will come to the top. That's why you see T.O. destruct when the Cowboys lose. 85 at Cincy is another example. Denver has had thier share in the past few years finally ending with Sauerbraun and Henry. The plus is overshadowed by the minus and having guys like this hurts the team.

I don't know if Shanahan will completely get away from bringing in players with a checkered past. He might be more selective but I don't think he'll just arbitrarily pass up talented player just because they had trouble in the past.

topscribe
10-10-2008, 06:05 PM
If you see my above post, I didn't intend that toward Bronx or any posters here, but the national yahoo writers who came up with the story.

I'm sorry, but anyone who suggests that Denver is a possible landing spot for L.J. is a jackass in my book.

Well, they probably view the Broncos' RBs as a "weakness," although I don't
see how a 5.7 YPC by our starting RB would constitute "weakness."

At any rate, I share your opinion of LJ, but I was going with how your post
came across. Now that you have clarified it, all is good.

-----

WARHORSE
10-10-2008, 09:43 PM

Unless they think he will hurt us.

lol.............:confused:

WARHORSE
10-10-2008, 09:44 PM

Camp fodder.

Scrub bait.

You bit. lol...........

WARHORSE
10-10-2008, 09:46 PM

Close thread.

I sure hope so.

Brady fits the Chef.......(:elefant:).........'look'?

lol.........

Northman
10-10-2008, 09:49 PM
Just like the Tim Brown and Favre to Minny senario its just not going to happen. We are division rivals and to have LJ come here and get a ring would just sink the Chiefs franchise for another 30 years.

Crush05
10-10-2008, 10:21 PM

If they did we could say "Who's your daddy now" atta baby atta baby:salute:

omac
10-10-2008, 10:23 PM
If they did we could say "Who's your daddy now" atta baby atta baby:salute:

Hehehe. Speaking of that, it would't surprise me one bit if SD tries to trade LT next season for draft picks. Wouldn't surprise me at all. Probably not to the AFC West though.

DenBronx
10-10-2008, 11:46 PM
I hate his stupid diamond shape he makes with his hands after each touchdown though. just like i hate dante halls X and lt's hand to the ear and then does the turd dump with the ball.

DenBronx
10-14-2008, 01:29 PM
forget it, don't want him. :coffee:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3642364

Chiefs RB Johnson charged with pushing woman on side of head in February

Kansas City Chiefs running back Larry Johnson has been charged with simple assault for allegedly pushing a woman at a Kansas City nightclub in February, the third time he has faced assault charges against a woman.

Johnson

Citing police and court documents, the Kansas City Star reported that a 26-year-old woman accused Johnson, 28, of pushing her on the side of the head at a nightclub on Feb. 24, 2008.

Johnson is due to appear in Kansas City Municipal Court on Dec. 3, and faces a maximum jail term of six months and a $500 fine.

Johnson's lawyer, Kevin E.J. Regan, told the newspaper that his client will be vindicated at trial. He claimed that the woman did not inform management, security officers or police at the club of the incident but waited 11 hours to report the alleged assault.

The Chiefs had no comment and Johnson was not available Tuesday, an off-day for the players.

Capt. Rich Lockhart, a Kansas City Police Department spokesman, said charges did not come for six months because the police force was working on more pressing cases. The delay made it difficult to find a witness, who was finally interviewed in July or August.

That witness then picked Johnson out of a lineup.

"One has to question the fairness of a lineup shown six months later, involving someone whose photograph is published often in the media," Regan said, according to the Star.

Johnson was charged with felony aggravated assault and misdemeanor domestic battery in 2003 for allegedly waving a gun during an argument with a former girlfriend at his home. The charges were later dropped when he agreed to a domestic violence diversion program.

Charges against Johnson in 2005 were dropped after a woman who had accused him of pushing her to the ground at a Kansas City bar decided not to press charges and failed to appear in three court hearings.

Nomad
10-14-2008, 01:38 PM
Can he play defense?:D

KCL
10-14-2008, 01:41 PM

No and he can't block worth shit!

TXBRONC
10-14-2008, 01:43 PM

Even if he played defense Nomad I don't think it would be wise to bring him to Denver.

TXBRONC
10-14-2008, 01:45 PM
No and he can't block worth shit!

I've heard sometime ago that he's not in on third downs because he can't block. Then again I wonder if it's he can't block or unwillingness to block.

Nomad
10-14-2008, 01:47 PM
Even if he played defense Nomad I don't think it would be wise to bring him to Denver.

Just kidding around!!!!;) We need defense not offense!

KCL
10-14-2008, 01:48 PM
I've heard sometime ago that he's not in on third downs because he can't block. Then again I wonder if it's he can't block or unwillingness to block.

I really wish they would of tried to trade him and try to work out a good deal with Jared Allen and made Jamal Charles our starter.

TXBRONC
10-14-2008, 01:50 PM
Just kidding around!!!!;) We need defense not offense!

I knew you were kidding. I'm saying that even if LJ played defense instead of offense and were a star player, I still don't think I would want him.

Traveler
10-14-2008, 01:53 PM
I hate his stupid diamond shape he makes with his hands after each touchdown though. just like i hate dante halls X and lt's hand to the ear and then does the turd dump with the ball.

I might be wrong, but I think he's flashing a fraternity symbol when he does that. Lot's of AA players do it.

KCL
10-14-2008, 01:55 PM
I might be wrong, but I think he's flashing a fraternity symbol when he does that. Lot's of AA players do it.

I heard it had to do something with Jayz...:noidea:

DenBronx
10-14-2008, 02:00 PM

hey kclady what's the latest. are they trying to deal this guy or what?

KCL
10-14-2008, 02:15 PM
hey kclady what's the latest. are they trying to deal this guy or what?

LJ? Not to my knowledge....Tony G is the one,not LJ.

DenBronx
10-14-2008, 02:16 PM
LJ? Not to my knowledge....Tony G is the one,not LJ.

dont you think they should deal both?

Benetto
10-14-2008, 02:17 PM
He is doing a symbol that reads L J with his fingers.

Lebron James does the same thing.

KCL
10-14-2008, 02:22 PM
dont you think they should deal both?

Well it wouldn't bother me at all to see LJ go..like I stated earlier I would love to see Jamal Charles in his place.When he is able to break through the line.he is very fast.

As far as Tony I absolutely HATE to see him go but I understand why he wants to...he deserves to go to a good team and have a chance to do more.

BroncoJoe
10-14-2008, 02:23 PM

I thought he has a deal with a diamond company...

Seriously.

TXBRONC
10-14-2008, 02:38 PM
I thought he has a deal with a diamond company...

Seriously.

I thought he might be a fan of pro wrestling. A guy by the name of Diamond Dallas Page would use that sign just before he would put his "finishing" move on an opponent.

KCL
10-14-2008, 03:30 PM
DenBronx...looks like you were right about KC trying to trade LJ...perfect timing when he is facing assault charges...:rolleyes:

No trade for Tony I guess.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/story/839839.html

Chiefs players feel for Gonzalez
By ADAM TEICHER
The Kansas City Star

JOHN SLEEZER
Tony Gonzalez has shown no signs of slowing down this season at age 32.
LJ faces simple-assault charge
Brian Waters: Team would take a Tony Gonzalez trade in stride VIDEO
The Chiefs pretended it was a normal day. After their weekend off, they gathered for meetings and a brief walkthrough practice and tried to put their focus on preparing for Sunday’s opponent, the Tennessee Titans.

They found that dealing with the business at hand wasn’t so simple, knowing that Monday could have been their last day with tight end Tony Gonzalez.

The NFL trade deadline is today, making it the last day for the Chiefs to honor Gonzalez’s request for a deal. The Chiefs also have tried to trade running back Larry Johnson, but had failed to attract any interest.

Not so with Gonzalez. Several teams, including the Giants, Packers and Bills, expressed an interest, and the Chiefs have until 3 p.m. to work out a trade.

Gonzalez departed the locker room Monday before he could answer any questions about his desire to leave Kansas City after 11-plus seasons, the last nine of which ended with Gonzalez playing in the Pro Bowl.

That task was left to his teammates, who as a whole seemed to understand Gonzalez’s wish to end his career playing for a Super Bowl contender rather than a rebuilding team such as the Chiefs.

“He wants to win,” said cornerback Patrick Surtain, who was sent to the Chiefs in 2005 after asking Miami for a trade. His request, though, had more to do with wanting a lucrative new contract than playing for a more successful team.

“We’re a very young team, and we knew we were going through some ups and downs this year. He doesn’t feel he has many more years to play, and he wants an opportunity to win. Who can blame him? He has every record you could want individually, but he wants the chance to play for the Super Bowl.

“He feels he has a better chance somewhere else.”

Even with Gonzalez, the Chiefs have been challenged the last season and a half to merely make a first down, much less score points and win games. Their offense would be further weakened if he’s traded.

Through five games, Gonzalez is second to Dwayne Bowe on the Chiefs with 21 receptions. He also has two touchdowns.

“It doesn’t affect us as a whole,” guard Brian Waters said. “It’s an individual deal between Tony and the organization. This is one guy’s deal. It’s not a team thing.

“People want to think that all of a sudden there’s this big commotion and controversy within the locker room. Guys look at it and say, ‘That’s his deal.’ It doesn’t have anything to do with Brian Waters. Whatever happens, we’re still going to play football on Sunday. We still have to get our minds ready to do that.

“Some guys will be upset because he’s a great teammate. Some guys will know it’s a business and will be happy for him wherever he goes. That’s just the way it is in this business. We don’t get all tied up emotionally with other players’ situations. We just don’t.”

If he’s not traded, the issue does have the potential to create some hard feelings in the locker room between Gonzalez and teammates who might feel he abandoned them.

“These players in this locker room have so much respect for Tony and what he’s done that there’s no way there will be any animosity,” Waters said. “None of these guys have been around long enough to have any animosity. There’s only a handful of guys who have actually played with him long enough to say, ‘This is a bad deal,’ or ‘This is a good deal.’

WARHORSE
10-14-2008, 03:40 PM
DenBronx...looks like you were right about KC trying to trade LJ...perfect timing when he is facing assault charges...:rolleyes:

No trade for Tony I guess.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/story/839839.html

Chiefs players feel for Gonzalez
By ADAM TEICHER
The Kansas City Star

JOHN SLEEZER
Tony Gonzalez has shown no signs of slowing down this season at age 32.
LJ faces simple-assault charge
Brian Waters: Team would take a Tony Gonzalez trade in stride VIDEO
The Chiefs pretended it was a normal day. After their weekend off, they gathered for meetings and a brief walkthrough practice and tried to put their focus on preparing for Sunday’s opponent, the Tennessee Titans.

They found that dealing with the business at hand wasn’t so simple, knowing that Monday could have been their last day with tight end Tony Gonzalez.

The NFL trade deadline is today, making it the last day for the Chiefs to honor Gonzalez’s request for a deal. The Chiefs also have tried to trade running back Larry Johnson, but had failed to attract any interest.

Not so with Gonzalez. Several teams, including the Giants, Packers and Bills, expressed an interest, and the Chiefs have until 3 p.m. to work out a trade.

Gonzalez departed the locker room Monday before he could answer any questions about his desire to leave Kansas City after 11-plus seasons, the last nine of which ended with Gonzalez playing in the Pro Bowl.

That task was left to his teammates, who as a whole seemed to understand Gonzalez’s wish to end his career playing for a Super Bowl contender rather than a rebuilding team such as the Chiefs.

“He wants to win,” said cornerback Patrick Surtain, who was sent to the Chiefs in 2005 after asking Miami for a trade. His request, though, had more to do with wanting a lucrative new contract than playing for a more successful team.

“We’re a very young team, and we knew we were going through some ups and downs this year. He doesn’t feel he has many more years to play, and he wants an opportunity to win. Who can blame him? He has every record you could want individually, but he wants the chance to play for the Super Bowl.

“He feels he has a better chance somewhere else.”

Even with Gonzalez, the Chiefs have been challenged the last season and a half to merely make a first down, much less score points and win games. Their offense would be further weakened if he’s traded.

Through five games, Gonzalez is second to Dwayne Bowe on the Chiefs with 21 receptions. He also has two touchdowns.

“It doesn’t affect us as a whole,” guard Brian Waters said. “It’s an individual deal between Tony and the organization. This is one guy’s deal. It’s not a team thing.

“People want to think that all of a sudden there’s this big commotion and controversy within the locker room. Guys look at it and say, ‘That’s his deal.’ It doesn’t have anything to do with Brian Waters. Whatever happens, we’re still going to play football on Sunday. We still have to get our minds ready to do that.

“Some guys will be upset because he’s a great teammate. Some guys will know it’s a business and will be happy for him wherever he goes. That’s just the way it is in this business. We don’t get all tied up emotionally with other players’ situations. We just don’t.”

If he’s not traded, the issue does have the potential to create some hard feelings in the locker room between Gonzalez and teammates who might feel he abandoned them.

“These players in this locker room have so much respect for Tony and what he’s done that there’s no way there will be any animosity,” Waters said. “None of these guys have been around long enough to have any animosity. There’s only a handful of guys who have actually played with him long enough to say, ‘This is a bad deal,’ or ‘This is a good deal.’

Why wouldnt LJ attract any interest?

lol.................

I'll give you a 8th rounder and the rest of my Reeses peanut butter cup for him.

Deal?

Beddah jumb uwn eet.:D

He would dominate here............:coffee:

But his crying would be here too.

No thanks.

KCL
10-14-2008, 03:45 PM

lol.................

I'll give you a 8th rounder and the rest of my Reeses peanut butter cup for him.

Deal?

Beddah jumb uwn eet.:D

He would dominate here............:coffee:

But his crying would be here too.

No thanks.

sorry babe...he isn't mine to give away but if he did go...you wouldn't see me crying...Tony though..:sad:

Hey but I do love Reeses cups ...:D

Broncos Mtnman
10-14-2008, 03:48 PM

Wrong.....

His diamond sign represents "the Diamond Cutter" and it's a reference to the Rapper Jay Z and his Roc-A-Fella Records diamond symbol.

KCL
10-14-2008, 03:51 PM

Wrong.....

His diamond sign represents "the Diamond Cutter" and it's a reference to the Rapper Jay Z and his Roc-A-Fella Records diamond symbol.

I knew it had something to do with JayZ...Just couldn't remember what!

DallasChief
10-14-2008, 04:18 PM

Because he doesn't get to play against the Broncos defense every week?

topscribe
10-14-2008, 05:09 PM
Because he doesn't get to play against the Broncos defense every week?

Regrettably, that's a touché. :sad:

-----

Benetto
10-15-2008, 02:37 PM
Wrong.....

Just read on Wiki that we are both right...

Touchdown celebration
Johnson is known for flashing "The Roc" symbol (also known as the "Diamond Cutter") whenever he scores a rushing touchdown. This symbol is made with both palms facing out and touching both thumbs together and both index fingers together. Interestingly, the symbol also resembles his initials L.J.