PDA

View Full Version : Trading DOWN

WARHORSE
04-03-2011, 03:13 AM
FFFFFirst of all, we wont be taking a QB.

Second of all, I believe our choice is to trade down with someone who will.

As of right now, this draft is playing into our hands.

If Carolina takes a QB with their pick, that will leave one really good prospect out there for a bunch of teams to fight it out over.

Top of the pile:

Carolina
Tennessee
Washington
Minnesota
Arizona
Cincy
Buffalo
49ers

Mid round:

Miami
Jacksonville
Seattle

The first list above has those at the top 12 picks.

So what QB in the draft is worth a top 12 pick? Id say only two: Newton and Gabbert.

Anyone else would be reaching. So lets say the rumours out there right now are true.....high chance they are.......and Carolina takes Newton with the first pick. That leaves Gabbert, and 7 teams needing a QB.

If Buffalo takes Gabbert at 3, that leaves 6 teams thinking about taking Locker, Mallet, Kaepernick, Dalton or Ponder.

Thing is, will Locker, Mallet, Kaepernick and Ponder make it past Miami and Seattle?

Lets say one doesnt.....Locker.

Lets say Seattle takes Locker.

That leaves Cincy, Tennessee, Washington, 49ers, Minnesota and Miami all still needing QBs, with Jacksonville and Oakland in the possible mix as well.

Will someone give up a high one for Kolb? Cant be a sure thing.
Will someone be looking to get Orton? Cant be a sure thing.

It makes for some really desperate measures, especially if these teams dont really like certain prospects left on the board.

Which makes me believe we will have a trade partner come April 28.........which of course is my birthday.

Im hoping for a trade down with San Fran to be honest, or a lesser trade down with another after that.

At San Frans pick, we will get some really great extra picks, along with a great player at 7.:coffee:

sneakers
04-03-2011, 06:12 AM
Trading down is the devil!

WARHORSE
04-03-2011, 07:09 AM
Trading down is the devil!

My mama said.........

:D

TXBRONC
04-03-2011, 08:29 AM
My mama said.........

:D

Mama also says foosball is of the devil.

HORSEPOWER 56
04-03-2011, 08:32 AM
As far as I'm concerned, the only reason that I'd be in favor of trading down is if Carolina takes Dareus #1 overall. If that happens and then someone is dying to take Newton or Gabbert, then sure, trade back a couple of spots (no farther than 5 or 6), grab an extra pick or two and then take Fairley.

That's the only way I'd really be interested in trading down. If Carolina takes a QB and Buffalo wants to trade spots to take a QB, sure. Why would they be that dumb, though? By then they'll know if we're taking a QB and if our mind is set on one, we'll take him regardless of what they offer. I think passing on a potentially elite DT early will be our undoing. If we trade back, say out of the top 10, then we'll have likely missed our chance to really take an impact player that will help fix our D-line.

I know it's a deep draft and there are a lot of good D-line prospects out there, but don't you think all of those other teams are thinking the same thing? Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised to see as many as 16 D-linemen go in the 1st round this year.

Right now there are really 2-4 QBs that are 1st round worthy depending on what teams think of them, 2-3 OTs, 2-3 CBs, 2 LBs, 1 interior OL, 2 WRs, 0 Safeties, 1 RB, 0 TEs. That's only around 12-16 guys who aren't DL that really have a first round grade unless teams reach for the second tier QBs and defensive players. That means the majority of the DL that would be on our board will also be on everyone else's.

If we don't get in on DL early and often, we're going to be picking over the scraps. DL is the pick. IMO, it should be the first 3 picks. If we draft an offensive player before the 6th round, I'll be pissed off.

TXBRONC
04-03-2011, 08:39 AM
As far as I'm concerned, the only reason that I'd be in favor of trading down is if Carolina takes Dareus #1 overall. If that happens and then someone is dying to take Newton or Gabbert, then sure, trade back a couple of spots (no farther than 5 or 6), grab an extra pick or two and then take Fairley.

That's the only way I'd really be interested in trading down. If Carolina takes a QB and Buffalo wants to trade spots to take a QB, sure. Why would they be that dumb, though? By then they'll know if we're taking a QB and if our mind is set on one, we'll take him regardless of what they offer. I think passing on a potentially elite DT early will be our undoing. If we trade back, say out of the top 10, then we'll have likely missed our chance to really take an impact player that will help fix our D-line.

I know it's a deep draft and there are a lot of good D-line prospects out there, but don't you think all of those other teams are thinking the same thing? Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised to see as many as 16 D-linemen go in the 1st round this year.

Right now there are really 2-4 QBs that are 1st round worthy depending on what teams think of them, 2-3 OTs, 2-3 CBs, 2 LBs, 1 interior OL, 0 Safeties, 1 RB, 0 TEs. That's only around 12-14 guys who aren't DL that really have a first round grade unless teams reach for the second tier QBs and defensive players.

If we don't get in on DL early and often, we're going to be picking over the scraps. DL is the pick. IMO, it should be the first 3 picks. If we draft an offensive player before the 6th round, I'll be pissed off.

Excellent. This is exactly the way I see it. I just mentioned in another thread that if Darues is taken with the first pick then trading back is more of a option. If that were happpen then still take the second best freakin defensive tackle on the board. Lets not screw around with this any longer. From what I have read Fairley is a little riskers but I still think he be worth taking the chance.

atwater27
04-03-2011, 10:31 AM
Yeah, if we play it right we can trade down a few notches. But without players being allowed to be part of the deal, that will probably squash most draft trading.

claymore
04-03-2011, 10:35 AM
There is a better chance of us taking a QB, than their is trading down.

WARHORSE
04-04-2011, 01:05 AM
There is a better chance of us taking a QB, than their is trading down.

At 2?

:coffee:

No.

WARHORSE
04-04-2011, 01:07 AM

Foosball is ub da DEBOLL!!!;)

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-04-2011, 02:38 AM
Foosball is ub da DEBOLL!!!;)

That's silly talk. It's obvious that Jesus is a Broncos fan.