PDA

View Full Version : Call of Duty 5: World At War

Buff
10-09-2008, 12:10 PM
It supposedly ships November 11th... I hadn't heard antying about this until I googled COD to see when the next one comes out... It seems like there should be more hype about the game.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Call_of_Duty_5

I guess this is set in WWII and features co-op play online where you can earn XP in addition to the regular multiplayer... Should be good.

jhns
10-10-2008, 12:09 PM
I have been surprised by the lack of publicity for this as well. It looks to just be COD4 set in WWII though. It is comming out so close to the other one that it makes me wonder how much work really went into it. I would expect that it has the exact same graphics but with the WWII theme.

I will be getting it when it comes out. I have all of the COD games and wouldn't miss this one.

Benetto
10-10-2008, 12:15 PM
COD4 was badass...I liked it mainly because of the available weapons and the modern story-line. Not the same ones you see in all WWII games..

I'll have to rent it from gamefly first, before I buy.

claymore
10-10-2008, 12:21 PM
I think the lack of hype is because people are kinda disapointed with the era its in. The most hype Ive seen is because you can use a flame thrower. I would rather have more COD4 maps than this game personally.

Benetto
10-10-2008, 12:58 PM
I think the lack of hype is because people are kinda disapointed with the era its in. The most hype Ive seen is because you can use a flame thrower. I would rather have more COD4 maps than this game personally.

Dude, I'm still waiting for you to jump into Warhawk..I play it maybe 4-5 times a week, and wish I had some homies with me to calculate organized attacks.

claymore
10-10-2008, 01:00 PM
Dude, I'm still waiting for you to jump into Warhawk..I play it maybe 4-5 times a week, and wish I had some homies with me to calculate organized attacks.

Im almost prestiged all the way... Hopefully in the next couple weeks you can laugh at how bad I suck!

Is network play better than COD4?

underrated29
10-10-2008, 01:26 PM
A friend of mine who is a hard core gamer. He said that cod5 is ok, but the new James Bond is supposed to blow it away. He said something like the new bond is built on the same engine-(whatever the F that means) as COD4 so gameplay, graphics and all this other stuff are off the charts...... Maybe you guys know what he is saying..... I sure as hell dont..... But thats why it isnt getting as much play--- according to him.

Buff
10-10-2008, 04:29 PM
A friend of mine who is a hard core gamer. He said that cod5 is ok, but the new James Bond is supposed to blow it away. He said something like the new bond is built on the same engine-(whatever the F that means) as COD4 so gameplay, graphics and all this other stuff are off the charts...... Maybe you guys know what he is saying..... I sure as hell dont..... But thats why it isnt getting as much play--- according to him.

I loved 007 for PS2... I'll have to check it out.

Buff
10-10-2008, 04:30 PM

Dude, my warhawk is still in the plastic, I just bought it for the mic :D

I hear it's a cool game, but COD4 still hasn't gotten old, even 18 months after it came out.

Benetto
10-10-2008, 06:24 PM
Dude, my warhawk is still in the plastic, I just bought it for the mic :D

I hear it's a cool game, but COD4 still hasn't gotten old, even 18 months after it came out.

Problem with Warhawk is, you have to get used to it...There is a huge learning curve, but a GREAT and addicting game when you get the hang of it.

I'd be down to set up a practice session so you can get used to the controls and game play. Just let me know what up brotha.

Benetto
10-10-2008, 06:26 PM
Im almost prestiged all the way... Hopefully in the next couple weeks you can laugh at how bad I suck!

Is network play better than COD4?

To be honest with you, I have COD4 for the 360...Not the PS3..

So I am not familiar with the PSN COD4 gameplay...IMO there is no better multiplayer PS3 game than Warhawk, though...My opinion.

Slick
10-10-2008, 07:32 PM
I'm kind of over the WWII genre. I'll wait to hear some of everyone's reviews before I buy. Games are 80 bucks here.

If I get the itch, I throw in COD2. I still think that's a good game.

Reidman
10-10-2008, 08:07 PM
Way ahead of ya Buff...;)

http://broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16811&highlight=COD5

Buff
10-10-2008, 09:54 PM
Way ahead of ya Buff...;)

http://broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16811&highlight=COD5

Whoops... Probably shoulda searched first... Maybe one of the mods would be gracious enough to merge... (If any of them ever come in the video game forum)

I'm excited for the game, but like Clay was saying, I don't know about going back in time weapon wise.

Benetto
10-10-2008, 09:58 PM
You down to play some warhawk a little later Buff? I'm having a loser Friday night so far...Some buddies came over to mooch some PS3 time...Drankin some new castles...

If you're down to play, we can get a game goin later.

Reidman
10-11-2008, 12:02 AM
Whoops... Probably shoulda searched first... Maybe one of the mods would be gracious enough to merge... (If any of them ever come in the video game forum)

I'm excited for the game, but like Clay was saying, I don't know about going back in time weapon wise.

I think it looks killer! I liked the original which followed the same era and genre of WWII. As long as gameplay is smooth like modern warfare I think it'll be a hit. I'm sure I'll be getting it when it comes out.

Yeah Buff, I started anticipating the next installment months ago so I googled and to my surprise, there it was!

sneakers
10-12-2008, 11:09 AM
I am pretty excited for this too.

claymore
10-22-2008, 10:32 AM
Gave my Beta pin for COD5 to my buddy who has the 360. He said it is FUGGIN AWESOME! 7 kills you call in dogs (Which i was hoping for) 5 kills airstrike... man Im stoked now.

elsid13
11-14-2008, 09:59 PM
So has anyone got this yet? how does it play?

Buff
11-14-2008, 10:20 PM
Pretty bad ass, loading times are a bit longer which I don't like, but other than that it's cool. I think I liked COD4's weapons more, but so far so good. It's the same format, same buttons... There are vehicles online, and you get an added vehicle perk. You get to add more classes as you prestige.

TUG
11-17-2008, 02:31 PM
Pretty fun game. Still some bugs to work out. Hard to get used to the WWII guns after COD 4

Reidman
11-17-2008, 02:36 PM
Damn, I want this game so bad. Just can't drop 50 bones on a video game right now. Is Keifer everything you ever dreamed of...?:lol:

TUG
11-17-2008, 03:26 PM
I keep on thinking I only have 24 hours to play this game.

elsid13
11-17-2008, 05:23 PM
Pretty fun game. Still some bugs to work out. Hard to get used to the WWII guns after COD 4

I played it this weekend, and I kept looking for optical sights for the long range shots. But the flame thrower is extremely cool!.

TUG
11-19-2008, 05:49 PM
I have played it alittle here and there this week so far I am only at level 25. I am pretty hooked on the mp-40 with the optical sight kind of like the red dot off of COD4. I like this game more and more as I play it.

Buff
11-19-2008, 06:26 PM
I have played it alittle here and there this week so far I am only at level 25. I am pretty hooked on the mp-40 with the optical sight kind of like the red dot off of COD4. I like this game more and more as I play it.

Same here... It has grown on me-- and I'm not having the connectivity issues I was the 1st week.

I was using mainly the Thompson with the apature, then I was using the mp-40, but now I'm hooked on the type-100 japanese sub-machine gun. I miss my laser site, but the apature isn't bad... The mp-40 is hard to go back to after using the type-100 because it shoots slow and jumps around. It is better for bigger maps though.

Bouncing betties are cool-- I think they might be more effective than claymores. I like artillery and the dogs better than an air strike and helicopter... And I also like that there are tanks... But beyond that, I don't see too many areas where this game is "better" than modern warfare. I still like it, but I think they released the games in the wrong order. Then again, I haven't unlocked the flame thrower yet either.

TUG
11-20-2008, 09:37 AM
I wouldn't say it is better than COD4, although I like the size of the maps and I agree with the betties, artillery, dogs, and tanks. It doesn't seem like there are enough maps online. I just started with the type 100 so it will take me a bit to get used to it.

The connectivity has improved greatly and it seems like I get put with groups with better connections than I did on the cod4 servers.

Shazam!
11-20-2008, 10:57 PM
I love CoD 2 and 3. Can't wait for this after I'm done with GoW2.

Scarface
11-21-2008, 09:41 AM
Damn, I want this game so bad. Just can't drop 50 bones on a video game right now. Is Keifer everything you ever dreamed of...?:lol:

You should check out Gamefly. I don't like dropping 50-60 bucks on a game only to beat it within a couple of weeks and then have it collect dust.

Scarface
11-21-2008, 09:42 AM
I love CoD 2 and 3. Can't wait for this after I'm done with GoW2.

I noticed you said 2 and 3. Make sure to play 4 when you get a chance. Excellent game.

Shazam!
11-21-2008, 12:01 PM
I noticed you said 2 and 3. Make sure to play 4 when you get a chance. Excellent game.

Thanks, my bad I should have been clearer. I even still have CoD4 from last year. I mentioned 2&3 only because they too are WWII Shooters.

I liked CoD4 but to me the campaign was way too short. I think I beat it in two days after like 6 hours? That's the only disappointment I had with it.

CoD 2&3 I thought to have much longer campaigns. And I liked the story mode of 3.

I know I'm in the minority but I really love WWII FPSs. I have played almost all of them for consoles, even the lesser ones like Fall of Liberty. From the original PS1 Medal of Honor to the first Omaha Beach landing in Frontlines I was hooked. CoD has perfected them.

With a new MoH and Castle Wolfenstein out soon, WWII shooters are still coming. I think it's a mildly popular sub-genre. I like 'em.

EastCoastBronco
11-24-2008, 10:00 PM
Thanks, my bad I should have been clearer. I even still have CoD4 from last year. I mentioned 2&3 only because they too are WWII Shooters.

I liked CoD4 but to me the campaign was way too short. I think I beat it in two days after like 6 hours? That's the only disappointment I had with it.

CoD 2&3 I thought to have much longer campaigns. And I liked the story mode of 3.

I know I'm in the minority but I really love WWII FPSs. I have played almost all of them for consoles, even the lesser ones like Fall of Liberty. From the original PS1 Medal of Honor to the first Omaha Beach landing in Frontlines I was hooked. CoD has perfected them.

With a new MoH and Castle Wolfenstein out soon, WWII shooters are still coming. I think it's a mildly popular sub-genre. I like 'em.

Still one of my favorite games. I play it on the hardest difficulty every couple of years just for old times sake. There are some kick ass levels. Arnhem Knights is my all time fave...

Buff
12-05-2008, 11:03 PM
I've been playing alot of capture the flag lately... Now that I know the maps, it's pretty fun.

I can't really find any guns I like as much as the Type 100. I'm not quick enough to use any of the bolt action rifles.

BeefStew25
12-06-2008, 12:24 AM
I've been playing alot of capture the flag lately... Now that I know the maps, it's pretty fun.

I can't really find any guns I like as much as the Type 100. I'm not quick enough to use any of the bolt action rifles.

Wash off your nuts and go find a piece of ass, Buff.

Rex
12-06-2008, 12:24 AM
Buff....

Right now, hot eligible pieces of ass are not playing video games.

Buff
12-06-2008, 12:27 AM
Wash off your nuts and go find a piece of ass, Buff.

I'm going skiing tomorrow... No partying tonight... I'm still banging the ex on the regular, got the talking to last week about how i need to give her more etc.

Rex
12-06-2008, 12:27 AM
I'm going skiing tomorrow... No partying tonight... I'm still banging the ex on the regular, got the talking to last week about how i need to give her more etc.

Post pictures.

tia

BeefStew25
12-06-2008, 12:28 AM

Yeah, more as in not playing homo make believe Dungeons and Dragons, you homo.

Wait until you are marrried and she is pot committed.

You piss me off.

Buff
12-06-2008, 12:32 AM
Yeah, more as in not playing homo make believe Dungeons and Dragons, you homo.

Wait until you are marrried and she is pot committed.

You piss me off.

Jesus, I feel like my dad just grounded me... I'm sorry, I'll do better.

BeefStew25
12-06-2008, 12:33 AM
Jesus, I feel like my dad just grounded me... I'm sorry, I'll do better.

Your dad does not care about you getting stange. I do.

Go find it.

Bozo Jr.
12-28-2008, 04:32 PM
I got this game for Christmas, and now I'm totally hooked. Add me on 360....

bOzO x Jr