PDA

View Full Version : Eddie Royal

Doom crew72
10-08-2008, 08:35 PM
Not that its a bad thing, but did anyone notice Royal in the last game kinda running after the catch like Marshall?

Thought it was cool.

BroncoWave
10-08-2008, 08:37 PM
Yeah, I've noticed that in several games this season. Looks like Marshall has been teaching him well!

Doom crew72
10-08-2008, 08:38 PM
On his first two catches he was a mini Marshall.

Dortoh
10-08-2008, 09:55 PM
On his first two catches he was a mini Marshall.

Hey Doom whats up man :welcome:

I'm not sure we want him even trying to be a Marshall. He will get killed he needs to be quick and take what he can get that way then protect himself. He wont last long in this league taking on hits like Marshall. He needs to play to his skill set and just be Royal

Doom crew72
10-09-2008, 12:31 AM
Hey Doom whats up man :welcome:

I'm not sure we want him even trying to be a Marshall. He will get killed he needs to be quick and take what he can get that way then protect himself. He wont last long in this league taking on hits like Marshall. He needs to play to his skill set and just be Royal

Yeah Marshall has the size to pull that off.

Just have to know when to end the play when there's nothing there.

But watching him scramble a bit is fun to watch.

Requiem / The Dagda
10-09-2008, 01:38 AM
He's pretty much Greg Jennings Lite right now. We have a nice duo.

Davii
10-09-2008, 01:40 AM
We have a nice duo.

Understatement of the year

Requiem / The Dagda
10-09-2008, 01:43 AM
Understatement of the year

Lamest Statement of the Year.

Northman
11-07-2008, 10:29 AM
Something from Rotoworld. Thought is was cool.

Royal tied Brandon Marshall for most catches in the game and he has cemented himself as the best rookie wide receiver option this season.

Ziggy
11-07-2008, 10:35 AM
Royal has been a nice surprise. Looks like Shanny wasn't just blowing smoke up our butts when he said he was the best receiver coming out of the draft.

CoachChaz
11-07-2008, 10:37 AM
Aside from Chris Johnson, he could be the Offensive ROY

BeefStew25
11-07-2008, 10:39 AM
Aside from Chris Johnson, he could be the Offensive ROY

CLady would be in the mix. Not sexy, but still.

I drool over Royal. Awesome talent, extremely modest and humble.

And he is a rookie!

Day1BroncoFan
11-07-2008, 10:48 AM
thoe browns just had a royal whippin'.

CoachChaz
11-07-2008, 10:51 AM
CLady would be in the mix. Not sexy, but still.

I drool over Royal. Awesome talent, extremely modest and humble.

And he is a rookie!

Both are locks as the top rookie at their position at least.

BigDaddyBronco
11-07-2008, 11:01 AM
I love how Eddie runs routes. He constantly trips CB's up with his footwork. He would have had a TD on that first drive if Jay didn't underthrow the ball.

Fun as hell to watch.

Requiem / The Dagda
11-07-2008, 12:57 PM
Just a baller. He missed a game too and he's still top ten in the NFL in yards and top five in catches. He's the truth.

BroncoManiac
11-07-2008, 01:20 PM
Eddie Royal for Rookie of the Year....

SmilinAssasSin27
11-07-2008, 01:23 PM
If Forte wasn't killin it, Eddie would have a shot.

Requiem / The Dagda
11-07-2008, 01:27 PM
Forte's YPC is embarrassing, but he is doing well overall. I think if Eddie were to get in the 80-90 catch mark as he is on pace for and over 1,000 yards -- he'd have to be considered big time.

SmilinAssasSin27
11-07-2008, 01:32 PM
I don't disagree, but Forte halps give Chicago legitimacy...something they lacked last year. Plus he gets the bal every game. Royal is a stud, but his numbers have been made in spurts. But at least they've been on National TV.

BeefStew25
11-07-2008, 01:33 PM
I don't disagree, but Forte halps give Chicago legitimacy...something they lacked last year. Plus he gets the bal every game. Royal is a stud, but his numbers have been made in spurts. But at least they've been on National TV.

I think it just depends on which city has colder weather for the remaining regular season.

SmilinAssasSin27
11-07-2008, 01:35 PM
agreed :eatshit:

hmmm...no smiley for that.

underrated29
11-07-2008, 01:37 PM
BUT WITH GROSSMAn in the lineup, teams will stack the box on forte. He might not do as well, now.

I think chris johnson is the guy in the way. I think chris could get 1 rush for 1 yard the rest of the year and still win it. Not that i think he would deserve it, but it seems the whole nation is up on him.

DenBronx
11-07-2008, 02:27 PM
i think eddie is a natural YAC guy because he is a natural returner. his goal is to always make the first guy miss. alot of times if you do that you will find another 10 yards of running room. also, he is doing a fantastic job as a punt and kick returner. so to solidify yourself game changing wr and also have the ability to make an impact on special teams alone imo makes me think he was an absolute STEAL in the 2nd. great job of evaluating talent and much props to shanahan for having the balls to pick this guy in the 2nd!

eddie seems to be a high character guy too. we need all the leaders we can get. its fine that marshall is mentoring him as a player but i would think that royal and stokely would be the one mentoring marshall on how to act off the field as a person. i dont want egotistical play makers that want huge checks and the spot light. i want to see our play makers put the team first and eddie seems like that kind of guy, team first.

now saying that, no one has mentioned matt ryan. he took a really crappy team and has turned it around. i think even forte, stewart and johnson are going to have a hard time beating him out. but clady and royal are the best at their positions for roy.