PDA

View Full Version : Funny Shanahan Quotes

Nick
10-08-2008, 06:12 PM
Denver defensive players should think twice before they attempt to return an interception or a fumble after listening to coach Mike Shanahan's reaction to the fumble by tackle Marcus Thomas.

"It was inexcusable," Shanahan said. "You cannot turn the football over, especially as a defensive lineman. Hit the ground."

Thomas had dropped into zone pass coverage and intercepted a pass by Tampa Bay quarterback Jeff Garcia in the fourth quarter Sunday. He rumbled for 11 yards, holding the ball in only his right arm, before a Tampa player knocked it loose. Tampa recovered and got a new set of downs.

"Sometimes those defensive linemen try to pick up the ball instead of falling on it, and that's a mistake. You can't do it," Shanahan said. "You're not going anywhere with it. You're slow. You're not a running back, and you're not a running back for a reason." :lol:

OB
10-08-2008, 06:32 PM
Denver defensive players should think twice before they attempt to return an interception or a fumble after listening to coach Mike Shanahan's reaction to the fumble by tackle Marcus Thomas.

"It was inexcusable," Shanahan said. "You cannot turn the football over, especially as a defensive lineman. Hit the ground."

Thomas had dropped into zone pass coverage and intercepted a pass by Tampa Bay quarterback Jeff Garcia in the fourth quarter Sunday. He rumbled for 11 yards, holding the ball in only his right arm, before a Tampa player knocked it loose. Tampa recovered and got a new set of downs.

"Sometimes those defensive linemen try to pick up the ball instead of falling on it, and that's a mistake. You can't do it," Shanahan said. "You're not going anywhere with it. You're slow. You're not a running back, and you're not a running back for a reason." :lol:

Funny but true :lol:

Nick
10-09-2008, 11:35 AM
"I was a little disappointed, to be honest with you. When you take a look at it, I was there 582 days. Lane Kiffin was there 616 days. So, what it really means is that Al Davis liked Lane more than he liked me," Shanahan joked during his weekly news conference Wednesday.

"I really don't think it's fair. I won three more games, yet he got 34 more days of work. That just doesn't seem right."

"I knew how many days I was there. I just wasn't sure how long Lane was there," Shanahan said. "And then I found out after that press conference that Al really liked Lane more than me because he lasted 34 more days. That's 34 more days of pay, you think about that? And I had three more wins than him. That doesn't seem right, does it?"

Asked if he was sure Kiffin got paid for those 34 extra days, Shanahan laughed.

"No, I can't guarantee that," he said, chuckling.