PDA

View Full Version : Halls time to kick some bootay!

underrated29
10-08-2008, 01:10 PM
selvin young is out, leaving us with hall/pittman. For us hall supporters this should be great. He will get a chance to really shine hopefully getting atleast 15 carries. IF he does well, especially against a tough jags team, he might dethrone selvin for starting job......until ryan comes back that is.

BRING IT ANDRE!!!!

claymore
10-08-2008, 01:19 PM
I like Andre allot. Hopefully Hall and pittman can stay healthy till Torrian gets back.

LRtagger
10-08-2008, 01:19 PM
Why is Selvin out? I hadn't heard.

I think Hall will be hard pressed to even get 10 carries unless he is just busting out. I haven't seen anything from him since the preseason to make me think he will do anything special...especially against the Jags. Young is still averaging over 1ypc more than Hall.

I look for us to have 35+ throws again this Sunday and 20 carries between Pittman and Hall. Maybe even Hillis getting afew carries at FB, hopefully.

dogfish
10-08-2008, 01:26 PM
go andre!

:woot:

tough team to get the nod against, though. . . . i won't be surprised if pittman gets at least as many touches. . . .

claymore
10-08-2008, 01:27 PM
Why is Selvin out? I hadn't heard.

I think Hall will be hard pressed to even get 10 carries unless he is just busting out. I haven't seen anything from him since the preseason to make me think he will do anything special...especially against the Jags. Young is still averaging over 1ypc more than Hall.

I look for us to have 35+ throws again this Sunday and 20 carries between Pittman and Hall. Maybe even Hillis getting afew carries at FB, hopefully.

Groin strain I think.

Italianmobstr7
10-08-2008, 01:29 PM
I think I'd rather go with Hall as the Starter in this one anyways. He runs tougher than Young, and the Jags are a tough team to run against. Should be a good test for our offense this week.

Nick
10-08-2008, 01:29 PM
As much as I like Hall, I think Pittman deserves the start.

underrated29
10-08-2008, 01:32 PM
Groin strain I think.

yes, and there is a little clan of us who think hall is better than young. I dont know how many carries each has had or their ypc, but i think if hall is given the ball 10-15 times he will really shine. So far in everygame that i can recall when he has had the ball that many he has gone 100+.....Hopefully that holds true.

Pittman will see most of it i am sure, as long as he stays out of the endzone though, and lets us pass for the tds. ( i have jay and brandon in FF and am going against pittman.)

MOtorboat
10-08-2008, 01:34 PM
Pittman should be the starter :coffee:

Give him the rock.

NightTrainLayne
10-08-2008, 01:39 PM
Pittman has been a beast so far. I can live if he's not the starter, but he needs some 1st down carries.

honz
10-08-2008, 02:19 PM
Hillis at RB anyone? I think Hillis needs to get more touches...he showed that he can be a weapon in the preseason and had a couple of good carries against Oakland, but he hasn't really gotten the ball since.

Also, SY > AH.

broncofaninfla
10-08-2008, 02:32 PM
I'd like to see Pittman carry the load as well with Hall being used as a change of pace back with his speed. With Pittman and Larsen at FB could be some smash mouth football!

broncofaninfla
10-08-2008, 02:33 PM
Hillis at RB anyone? I think Hillis needs to get more touches...he showed that he can be a weapon in the preseason and had a couple of good carries against Oakland, but he hasn't really gotten the ball since.

Also, SY > AH.

I'd like to see him in the mix as well. Larsen doesn't have his receiving abilities. With Sheff and Royal out, seems like this would be a good time to put Hillis into the mix to catch some balls as well.:beer:

BCJ
10-08-2008, 02:47 PM
Groin strain I think.

actaully, it is 2 g roiiiin in jaaa reeee. G G G roin injaaa ry. (Cheers fans know what this means)

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/539569/sam_malone_i_on_sports/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxaQ9cKYQXo

My adoptee is Hall so if he doesnt look good, I dont look good.

LRtagger
10-08-2008, 02:49 PM
yes, and there is a little clan of us who think hall is better than young. I dont know how many carries each has had or their ypc, but i think if hall is given the ball 10-15 times he will really shine. So far in everygame that i can recall when he has had the ball that many he has gone 100+.....Hopefully that holds true.

Pittman will see most of it i am sure, as long as he stays out of the endzone though, and lets us pass for the tds. ( i have jay and brandon in FF and am going against pittman.)

FYI

Selvin Young........47 for 266 (5.7ypc)
Andre Hall............32 for 144 (4.5ypc)
Michael Pittman.....29 for 119 (4.1ypc)

I will admit I thought Pittman was going to be cut for the 53-man trim, but he has really impressed. His numbers are spectacular when you consider the # of carries he has inside the 5 yard line which kills his average. If you take those carries out he is probably averaging right around what Selvin is averaging.

I like all 3 guys, but Hall hasn't shown anything to warrant a move to start over Selvin. I dont think he will get that opportunity this weekend, either. Even if we go 60/40 pass/rush this weekend I think Pittman gets more carries than Hall.

Kaylore
10-08-2008, 03:21 PM
Like what we've shown all year, splitting carries between Hall and Pittman will be the way to go. The more the load is spread out the more fresh our guys will be come November and December. Until Torain or Young comes back, we'll need to keep things split at RB.

underrated29
10-08-2008, 03:25 PM
FYI

Selvin Young........47 for 266 (5.7ypc)
Andre Hall............32 for 144 (4.5ypc)
Michael Pittman.....29 for 119 (4.1ypc)

I will admit I thought Pittman was going to be cut for the 53-man trim, but he has really impressed. His numbers are spectacular when you consider the # of carries he has inside the 5 yard line which kills his average. If you take those carries out he is probably averaging right around what Selvin is averaging.

I like all 3 guys, but Hall hasn't shown anything to warrant a move to start over Selvin. I dont think he will get that opportunity this weekend, either. Even if we go 60/40 pass/rush this weekend I think Pittman gets more carries than Hall.

I am right there with you about pittman. i didnt even want him to make the team. But i am really liking the way he is running. He is running like he is pissed off, and he wants to level a few LB. Thats how a RB to me is supposed to play...

We'll see about Hall. Jags always play is tough, and their run D is always good. Our run O is not so good. I dont care who gets the start as long as Hall gets to rock the rock atleast 10-15 times. Good things will happen. GO ANDRE!!!!

(no go pittman, for FF reasons only. Not at the expense of a broncos win.)

TXBRONC
10-08-2008, 03:51 PM
Like what we've shown all year, splitting carries between Hall and Pittman will be the way to go. The more the load is spread out the more fresh our guys will be come November and December. Until Torain or Young comes back, we'll need to keep things split at RB.

I wonder if one of them will get about 15 carries.

Kaylore
10-08-2008, 03:55 PM
I wonder if one of them will get about 15 carries.

Probably considering there are more carries to go around now that Young is dinged up.

TXBRONC
10-08-2008, 04:21 PM
I am right there with you about pittman. i didnt even want him to make the team. But i am really liking the way he is running. He is running like he is pissed off, and he wants to level a few LB. Thats how a RB to me is supposed to play...

We'll see about Hall. Jags always play is tough, and their run D is always good. Our run O is not so good. I dont care who gets the start as long as Hall gets to rock the rock atleast 10-15 times. Good things will happen. GO ANDRE!!!!

(no go pittman, for FF reasons only. Not at the expense of a broncos win.)

I think the reason our running attack is suffering because we don't have one guy who can handle the ball more than 10-15 times a game.

underrated29
10-08-2008, 04:30 PM
I think the reason our running attack is suffering because we don't have one guy who can handle the ball more than 10-15 times a game.

I 100% agree!

a lot of torain, and some sprinkles -10-15 carries-of hall.

TXBRONC
10-08-2008, 04:37 PM
I 100% agree!

a lot of torain, and some sprinkles -10-15 carries-of hall.

When Ryan actually makes onto the field I don't think he'll get a lot carries right off the bat. I could be wrong but missing this much of season it just doesn't seem likely.

Drill-N-Fill
10-08-2008, 04:38 PM
Picked him up in FF to have him sit on the bench this week...just in case he does great.