PDA

View Full Version : Elway calls Cutler “the kind of player you don’t give up on”

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

broncofaninfla
03-26-2011, 11:36 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/03/26/elway-calls-cutler-the-kind-of-player-you-dont-give-up-on/ (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/03/26/elway-calls-cutler-the-kind-of-player-you-dont-give-up-on/)

jhildebrand
03-26-2011, 11:42 AM
Cue the "Mikey" bashing "Joshy" gushing in

I wonder if this puts Elway square in the crosshairs of the "Mikey" crowd.

SR
03-26-2011, 11:54 AM
What happened, happened.

nevcraw
03-26-2011, 11:57 AM
not really shocking someone who's sees the big picture would feel that way.

the entire McD reign was defined by the same cognitive processing as a high school girl on her period.

Northman
03-26-2011, 11:59 AM
Totally agree with John but to be fair, Jay was part to blame for that fiasco as well but i can say the Bears got a good QB.

SR
03-26-2011, 11:59 AM

the entire McD reign was defined by the same cognitive processing as a high school girl on her period.

Stupid, stupid high school girls.

jhildebrand
03-26-2011, 12:01 PM

Stood up at prom? :confused:

GEM
03-26-2011, 12:02 PM
Who cares. Hes gone and he isnt coming back.

SR
03-26-2011, 12:04 PM

Pretty much where I stand on the issue as well.

nevcraw
03-26-2011, 12:06 PM
Stood up at prom? :confused:

LOL.. but no.

atwater27
03-26-2011, 12:08 PM
Right on Mr. Elway. If only Elway was a part of the organization when Bowlen lost his mind and hired McD.

atwater27
03-26-2011, 12:09 PM

I care. So I'll talk about it. :welcome:

GEM
03-26-2011, 12:24 PM
Did I say you couldnt. Troll someone else.

SR
03-26-2011, 12:27 PM

He and RC can hang together. :laugh:

atwater27
03-26-2011, 12:37 PM

I was just answering your question of who cares. Troll that. and back to topic since GEM derailed it.

BroncoWave
03-26-2011, 01:14 PM

Agreed. Some people really need to move on with their lives. Continuing to be pissy about it and troll a message board isn't going to bring him back.

SR
03-26-2011, 01:20 PM
Agreed. Some people really need to move on with their lives. Continuing to be pissy about it and troll a message board isn't going to bring him back.

Maybe...just maybe...;)

jhildebrand
03-26-2011, 01:23 PM
Mark my words: If there is a 2011 season, Jay Cutler will be back in Denver!

:celebrate:

BroncoWave
03-26-2011, 01:24 PM
Mark my words: If there is a 2011 season, Jay Cutler will be back in Denver!

Yep, the Bears do play in Denver this season! :lol:

OrangeHoof
03-26-2011, 01:46 PM
I don't see the thread as trolling. Elway is a key part of the team's current braintrust and what he said is a pretty direct slap at McDaniels. It's well known that Elway is a Shanahan fan and that Cutler was his endorsed new "franchise QB" so it isn't surprising but it does indicate what Elway thinks of the team's recent events, even as he now is part of the group trying to fix the problem.

What would be really interesting would be to find out what John thinks about Tebow when he's not having to be diplomatic. I think his thoughts will have a great deal of pull as to whether Tebow gets a real chance in Denver or if he's viewed as one more of Josh's epic failures.

robert ethan
03-26-2011, 02:22 PM
Making Elway one of about 12 people in the country who think that Fatty Neck Rolls is worth the effort it takes to kick him down the stairs from behind.

nevcraw
03-26-2011, 02:34 PM
Making Elway one of about 12 people in the country who think that Fatty Neck Rolls is worth the effort it takes to kick him down the stairs from behind.

It's nice that you reconize elway for being in that uber exclusive group of 12 but really it should be mentioned that he's just not nearly as emotional when it comes to the business as the rest "in the country".

Agent of Orange
03-26-2011, 03:14 PM
Im a little worried that Elway is too fixated on finding himself. I really hope Elway realizes that there is no version of him that exists today.

atwater27
03-26-2011, 03:27 PM

Wow! Did you ever think it would? My life is moving along just fine. How's yours? The only trolling being done here is being done by folks like yourself.

atwater27
03-26-2011, 03:29 PM

You've been kicked down the stairs from behind?:shocked:

Ravage!!!
03-26-2011, 03:30 PM
Im a little worried that Elway is too fixated on finding himself. I really hope Elway realizes that there is no version of him that exists today.

I think he was asked a question, and answered. At the same time, I believe he recognizes that the QB is the most important player on the field. I hope our entire organization never stops in trying to find that elite QB, because of that. Its why drafting Cutler was the right move to make despite already having Plummer on the team and why trading Cutler away was one of the dumbest.

I think John is smart in letting people know, honestly, that this organization recognizes the mistakes that were made in that transaction, and in doing so lets us know that they will be doing everything they can to rectify that mistake, and hopefully learn from it.

I hope this franchise is never satisfied with the likes of the Plummers and the Ortons and continues to search out the QB that can be the franchise pillar this team needs.

MileHighCrew
03-26-2011, 03:31 PM
shouldn't we be shifting our focus to missing Tebow as our QB? At least we can see this trade coming.

Ravage!!!
03-26-2011, 03:34 PM
shouldn't we be shifting our focus to missing Tebow as our QB? At least we can see this trade coming.

Nah.. not until after the 2011 season. :salute:

gobroncsnv
03-26-2011, 03:57 PM
I wonder if the Bears fans are bummed for losing in their last game, or more bummed about how Jay played when in the game.

Ok, ok, agree with many on here... what's done is done, he ain't coming back, unclear as to why this even needs to be hashed through again.
Moving on here...

Ravage!!!
03-26-2011, 04:10 PM
I wonder if the Bears fans are bummed for losing in their last game, or more bummed about how Jay played when in the game.

Ok, ok, agree with many on here... what's done is done, he ain't coming back, unclear as to why this even needs to be hashed through again.
Moving on here...

because the article was written in response to Elway's question about Cutler and the Cutler trade. I found Elway's comments interesting

Northman
03-26-2011, 04:41 PM

Well, you are free not to post in this thread mate. The topic was about Elway commenting on Cutler and a few people wanted to add their own comments. If you've moved on, move on. But being pissy because other people want to speak on it isnt serving any purpose here except trolling yourself.

bcbronc
03-26-2011, 08:06 PM
Asked in a radio interview if Cutler would still be in Denver if Elway had been in charge of the Broncos in 2009, Elway answered, “There’s a good possibility, yeah. I would say that.”

Makes me very, very happy that Elway postponed getting re-involved with the Broncos until 2011.

atwater27
03-26-2011, 09:09 PM
Makes me very, very happy that Elway postponed getting re-involved with the Broncos until 2011.

You're happy about the McDaniels era?! Good stuff.:laugh:

Dzone
03-26-2011, 09:30 PM
Whats the damn point in praising Cutler? Elway wont be happy until Tebow is gone.

bcbronc
03-26-2011, 09:38 PM
You're happy about the McDaniels era?! Good stuff.:laugh:

No one is ever happy about having to get their prostate checked, but sometimes you've just got to bite the pillow and realize it's doing you good in the long term. :salute:

atwater27
03-26-2011, 10:35 PM
No one is ever happy about having to get their prostate checked, but sometimes you've just got to bite the pillow and realize it's doing you good in the long term. :salute:

http://images.t-nation.com/forum_images/3/c/3c9b3-DrEvilRightMSPix.jpg

Sinthor
03-26-2011, 10:43 PM

Dude...

If they're having you bite the pillow it's......ummm......

It's.......NOT...........a prostate.......exam! :)

Just messing with you though, I know what you mean. WOULD Elway have gotten involved if things hadn't gone the way they did? Who knows?

As for Cutler, he would have had his raw points fixed or mostly fixed or he'd have been gone by now anyway.

nevcraw
03-26-2011, 10:51 PM
Whats the damn point in praising Cutler? Elway wont be happy until Tebow is gone.

i hardly think that was his intent. keep in mind that the quote was Jan. and he was asked a question about the decision..
if the rumors are true Elway was none to plussed about cutlers attitude during thier one and only lunch..

I Eat Staples
03-27-2011, 12:06 AM

If only. He would have been playing for us a month after I started posting at Broncos Country. :cool:

The McDaniels era did us good in the long term? What the hell, there are still people here who are spewing this nonsense? We're picking 2nd overall and McClown was fired before 2 full years. Sounds like the making of a good team in the long run to me...:coffee:

As for the article, completely agree with Elway. Its obvious Cutler had a major attitude problem but in the NFL you deal with it and satisfy your star QB. And not try to trade him for inferior players in the first place.

sneakers
03-27-2011, 12:31 AM
I wish people would stop trying to dissect every single sentence a given person says....really annoying

bcbronc
03-27-2011, 01:11 AM
The McDaniels era did us good in the long term? What the hell, there are still people here who are spewing this nonsense? We're picking 2nd overall and McClown was fired before 2 full years. Sounds like the making of a good team in the long run to me...:coffee:

I know, the eternal 8-8 was such a better place to be.

the place needed a purging, and if nothing else, McDaniels did that.

BroncoBJ
03-27-2011, 01:43 AM
Well Elway needs to get over it imo. :salute:

rcsodak
03-27-2011, 02:16 AM
He and RC can hang together. :laugh:

**** you

Watchthemiddle
03-27-2011, 02:41 AM

ANd now we can move on with a tough hard nosed QB that won't pull himself from a playoff game because of a boo boo.

Dean
03-27-2011, 06:40 AM
I wish people would stop trying to dissect every single sentence a given person says....really annoying

How is leaving half truths and outright BS unchallenged better?

Maybe it is just me but I prefer tjat people mean what they post and post what they mean rather than taking creative licence and posting revisionist history.

broncofaninfla
03-27-2011, 08:49 AM

Shouldn't you be posting on the St Louis fan forums now?

Lonestar
03-27-2011, 09:16 AM
Still fail to believe the love for jay that exists here.

Or maybe it is the hate for Josh.

Whatever floats your boat.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

nevcraw
03-27-2011, 10:09 AM
Still fail to believe the love for jay that exists here.

Or maybe it is the hate for Josh.

Whatever floats your boat.

miss the point much?

atwater27
03-27-2011, 11:32 AM

How right you are! It was an amazing strategy. Purge all our talented players, then get extra draft picks. Then, um... select er.. talented? players with those picks.... then.... suck so bad we get the second overall pick. Amazing strategy!

gobroncsnv
03-27-2011, 12:15 PM
Jay played poorly in a pretty big game... Can't bring myself to miss him. Lot of talent, but not the leadership that is REQUIRED at that position. Quite frankly, it's more obvious that Tebow will do more of what it takes to win AND HELP a team that Cutler has ever displayed.

rcsodak
03-27-2011, 12:37 PM
Jay played poorly in a pretty big game... Can't bring myself to miss him. Lot of talent, but not the leadership that is REQUIRED at that position. Quite frankly, it's more obvious that Tebow will do more of what it takes to win AND HELP a team that Cutler has ever displayed.
You know that from his 1-2 record?

atwater27
03-27-2011, 12:47 PM

Jay did more with what he had on offense this season than anyone, and I mean ANYONE thought he would do. Virtually everyone was predicting them to not even have a winning season. He improved his rating by 10 points from the year before while throwing 10 fewer picks; all while getting virtually ZERO protection from his O-line. Dude was sacked 52 times, by far the most in his entire career. His receiving corps is HORRIBLE as well.
Jay Cutler led his team to victories all season and into the playoffs. Not one of his naysayers can refute these facts, no matter how much they try.
Sad thing is..... the same guys capping on Jay for losing by 7 to the eventual Super Bowl champion Green Bay Packers are perfectly fine with the Broncos being 4-12, and herald Tim Tebow's 1-2 record as phenomenal.
Entertaining stuff.

gobroncsnv
03-27-2011, 01:52 PM
Well, make more out of his INDIVIDUAL performance in that game than he actually did, but the missed throws were NOT related to his team-mates' poor play... If having that kind of game that he did makes him a sure fire HOF-er n your eyes, knock yourself out. Sorry, I guess his absence makes your heart grow fonder, but seriously, I don't miss him a bit, and am pretty darned glad that he's no longer here. Far too much of a head case, diva type, how dare you even thing of trading ME??? The help line can be reached at 1-800-GETOVERYOURSELF...

gobroncsnv
03-27-2011, 02:02 PM
You know that from his 1-2 record?
well, I am pretty sure he's been in more than 3 football games in his life, and his will to win, team first, didn't go away just because he graduated from college. The man has a pretty solid history of that over the course of what he's shown us in college, and if fou're wanting to ignore all of that, and say that life begins in the NFL, so be it.
I have enjoyed watching him as a Bronco so far, yet no question, that his game will require some polish, coaching, he is not a finished product. But there is a lot to work with, and being coachable, teachable, goes a long way to realizing potential. If someone is easily offended, good luck with life in general, let alone in the NFL.

Northman
03-27-2011, 02:26 PM
Jay played poorly in a pretty big game...

Wait? A Qb played poorly in a big game? Bhwahahahahahahaahah oh shit, priceless. Yea, i remember John looking pretty bad in some big games myself. Bwhahahahahaahaha oh man, that is awesome.

gobroncsnv
03-27-2011, 02:29 PM
and yet so many were happy to be rid of Plummer for the same crimes against humanity, many of whom are Jay supporters... so yes, a very ironic twist, No? You're right, it IS priceless. I guess I'm looking for consistency in a place where it's just not to be found.

Northman
03-27-2011, 02:33 PM
and yet so many were happy to be rid of Plummer for the same crimes against humanity, many of whom are Jay supporters... so yes, a very ironic twist, No? You're right, it IS priceless.

Thats because Plummer had hit his ceiling after 8 years. So thats why you hate Jay so much? Because of Plummer quitting? WOW.

Take your own advice G, GET THE **** OVER IT. :lol:

gobroncsnv
03-27-2011, 02:42 PM
Looks like your spell check is broken...
No Jay's prima-donna "don't even think of trading me" was one of the biggest examples of immaturity (among many) that he's ever shown. And I guess you're thinking his body of work to date is just stellar. OK, cool. Rock on...
Again, I'm over his being gone. Pine on, bud.

Northman
03-27-2011, 02:44 PM
Looks like your spell check is broken...
No Jay's prima-donna "don't even think of trading me" was one of the biggest examples of immaturity (among many) that he's ever shown. And I guess you're thinking his body of work to date is just stellar. OK, cool. Rock on...
Again, I'm over his being gone. Pine on, bud.

Awesome, your finally leaving the thread. Glad you are now moved on. Seeya G. Have a great day. \m/

atwater27
03-27-2011, 02:46 PM
Well, make more out of his INDIVIDUAL performance in that game than he actually did, but the missed throws were NOT related to his team-mates' poor play... If having that kind of game that he did makes him a sure fire HOF-er n your eyes, knock yourself out. Sorry, I guess his absence makes your heart grow fonder, but seriously, I don't miss him a bit, and am pretty darned glad that he's no longer here. Far too much of a head case, diva type, how dare you even thing of trading ME??? The help line can be reached at 1-800-GETOVERYOURSELF...

Name one person on this site that thinks Jay Cutler is a hall of famer. (Sorry to set fire to your strawman)
And, like North just pointed out, if you want to judge Jay by losing the NFC championship in a lackluster performance against a stellar defense, then I suppose you think John Elway is a pice of shit too. (Since he has had some GOD AWFUL games in the Super bowl. And diva, remember, he refused to play for the Colts, who drafted him. And he had everything to do with the mutiny that led to Dan Reeves' departure. So in your reasoning, Cutler's behavior was just like John Elway's behavior. So that would make John elway a whiny primadonna who choked in the biggest games.

Do I look at Elway in that prism? Absolutely not, he is a legend among legends. I am just pointing out the hypocrisy of your statements about Cutler.

Northman
03-27-2011, 02:47 PM
Name one person on this site that thinks Jay Cutler is a hall of famer. (Sorry to set fire to your strawman)
And, like North just pointed out, if you want to judge Jay by losing the NFC championship in a lackluster performance against a stellar defense, then I suppose you think John Elway is a pice of shit too. (Since he has had some GOD AWFUL games in the Super bowl. And diva, remember, he refused to play for the Colts, who drafted him. And he had everything to do with the mutiny that led to Dan Reeves' departure. So in your reasoning, Cutler's behavior was just like John Elway's behavior. So that would make John elway a whiny primadonna who choked in the biggest games.

Do I look at Elway in that prism? Absolutely not, he is a legend among legends. I am just pointing out the hypocrisy of your statements about Cutler.

Didnt you know? Just because you think the kid has talent and possibilities it means he is a HOF. lmao

atwater27
03-27-2011, 02:57 PM
Didnt you know? Just because you think the kid has talent and possibilities it means he is a HOF. lmao

I just don't understand it. The only reason I can possibly think of that Broncos fans would STILL be denigrating Cutler or not thinking losing him was a bad thing is because they simply don't want to admit they were wrong. Which isn't that hard to do. It's an anonymous message board. It's not like you are telling your wife you cheated on her. Just admit that Bowlen screwed up royally by hiring McDaniels, McDaniels screwed up royally by trying to get his boy Cassell in here right off the bat, and Bowlen and McDaniels screwed up royally by dumping the franchise QB.

Northman
03-27-2011, 03:10 PM
I just don't understand it. The only reason I can possibly think of that Broncos fans would STILL be denigrating Cutler or not thinking losing him was a bad thing is because they simply don't want to admit they were wrong. Which isn't that hard to do. It's an anonymous message board. It's not like you are telling your wife you cheated on her. Just admit that Bowlen screwed up royally by hiring McDaniels, McDaniels screwed up royally by trying to get his boy Cassell in here right off the bat, and Bowlen and McDaniels screwed up royally by dumping the franchise QB.

Well, i dont know if Jay is a franchise Qb. Chicago certainly thought so and they paid a hefty price for him. All of which McD still managed to screwup anyway but thats neither here or there. I think considering the possibiliities we had on offense that Jay and the team was headed in the right direction and just needed some work on the defensive end. But yea, there are a few who just dont want to admit it was a mistake with McD and some of them i rarely see on this board anymore which tells me all i need to know in that respect. I think many will agree that Jay's attitude is still not where it should be but the article in question here talks about not giving up on the guy just yet. And thats what many of us believe and have believed since the trade happened. Im not clamoring for him to be back but we definitely got the shorter end of the deal considering where we are at as a franchise right now.

robert ethan
03-27-2011, 03:10 PM
Cutler is so 5 years ago. Come out of your caves. QB is supposed to be the "face of the franchise" and you have to really search to find a more unpleasant face and disposition than Neckblubber's. Even if he wasn't a mediocre NFL Qb who has never reached 90 passer rating in his career and just had his first winning season since high school. Totally screwed that up as well.

Northman
03-27-2011, 03:13 PM
Cutler is so 5 years ago. Come out of your caves. QB is supposed to be the "face of the franchise" and you have to really search to find a more unpleasant face and disposition than Neckblubber's. Even if he wasn't a mediocre NFL Qb who has never reached 90 passer rating in his career and just had his first winning season since high school. Totally screwed that up as well.

Honestly G, i really dont care what a Pats fan thinks but thanks for taking part in this thread. Im glad you have found closure by hanging in the cave with us. ;)

atwater27
03-27-2011, 03:18 PM

John Elway didn't reach a QB rating of 90 until his 11th season. Then it only happened once more in his 16th. So he sucks too, right?

robert ethan
03-27-2011, 03:43 PM
John Elway didn't reach a QB rating of 90 until his 11th season. Then it only happened once more in his 16th. So he sucks too, right?

You have to add at least 10 points to the numbers from that era. There were only three +100 QB ratings in all of the 1970s. Now there are half a dozen each year.

atwater27
03-27-2011, 04:05 PM
You have to add at least 10 points to the numbers from that era.

:tsk:

Ravage!!!
03-27-2011, 04:22 PM
QB rating is the absolute DUMBEST thing to rate a QB by. Its a number. It was created for the purpose to give lesser knowledgeable tv fans to use as a reference. It's a shame that so many still use that made-up formula/number as though its a representative of the actual play on the field.

horsepig
03-27-2011, 04:47 PM
Agreed Rav, what a useless stat.

KCL
03-27-2011, 05:58 PM
I care. So I'll talk about it. :welcome:

Never say never...he could come back...:D

KCL
03-27-2011, 06:02 PM
because the article was written in response to Elway's question about Cutler and the Cutler trade. I found Elway's comments interesting

Yep and I've read numerous times...if you don't like/agree with the thread...you don't have to post in it.

KCL
03-27-2011, 07:53 PM
**** you

:lol:

oh come on now rc..you know"ingRed" likes you.

tomjonesrocks
03-27-2011, 08:07 PM
I know it's pretty lame in the eyes of some, but I find it very difficult to get over Cutler until we have a QB that is at least in the conversation skills-wise. I hate watching Bears games because watching Cutler equals watching what could have been. His skills are off-the-charts.

And we have...a guy that's easy to root for but sometimes can't hit the side of a barn with his softball throws and Kyle "we're done" Orton. If Tebow can become the skills equivalent of Ben Roethlisberger (possible, but would be more likely if the NFL were a Hollywood movie) I'll go along with the "glad he's gone" contingent regarding the trade. If not I won't get over it until some new draft pick comes in here and matches Cutler's skills and production in some capacity. Which could be decades actually.

But this is probably an extension of my personality. I never really got over an ex-girlfriend that dumped me until I had a new one. Or at least had sex with someone as good looking. :S

jhildebrand
03-27-2011, 08:13 PM

I was always ok with the Cutler trade. I always lamented the way the actual trade went down.

I can easily admit that it was the wrong move. It just didn't help this team. The argument cannot be made that it didn't hurt them either. It definitely set this franchise back at least 3 seasons-minimum.

jhildebrand
03-27-2011, 08:19 PM
And I guess you're thinking his body of work to date is just stellar. .

Ok. Again I was ok with Cutler being traded. However, in all fairness, did you actually watch any of the Bears games? :confused:

Their WR corps are a joke. Don't get me wrong Knox is nice but he is a one trick pony that teams shut down. Hester? PLEASE!

Now look at that O Line. Look at the 9 sack first half the G men had.

Cutler taking that team to the NFCCG is very reminiscent of the teams Elway willed to SB's!

Poet
03-28-2011, 12:06 AM

Well at times Elway was a whiny primmadonna.

This thread makes me laugh hard for a lot of reasons.

1. I don't think Elway has it out for Tebow.
2. The Shanahan and McDaniels mini-tirades, awesome.
3. RC being a fanboy of Orton and bashing Tebow, again, awesome.
4. You and GEM in any thread fantastic.

Cutler is a player that you don't give up on. Anyone who thinks that he mailed it in at the NFCCG is either a blind hater or silly. He's got a ton of talent and did a lot on the Bears offense. Of course a lot of the Cutler supporters will gringe at the thought of admitting that Martz and Cutler took it to another level in the latter half of the season, but still.

Again, Cutler is kind of a tool. The fact that I defended him after the NFCCG makes ME cringe, but it is what it is.

Also, John Elway sucks and has a stupid face.

BAM! /thread improved.

Poet
03-28-2011, 12:12 AM
Ok. Again I was ok with Cutler being traded. However, in all fairness, did you actually watch any of the Bears games? :confused:

Their WR corps are a joke. Don't get me wrong Knox is nice but he is a one trick pony that teams shut down. Hester? PLEASE!

Now look at that O Line. Look at the 9 sack first half the G men had.

Cutler taking that team to the NFCCG is very reminiscent of the teams Elway willed to SB's!

And if you go to week 11 on out the Bears offensive line actually held up at a decent level.

Cutler taking his team to the NFCCG had a lot to do with him...and the Bears defense...and the fact that they got to play the friggen Seahawks in the second round.

Don't get me wrong, Cutler did a lot, a lot. His name belonged in the MVP voting, although it was definitely Brady's award. That being said, they had a lot of things go their way.

Northman
03-28-2011, 03:35 AM
And if you go to week 11 on out the Bears offensive line actually held up at a decent level.

Cutler taking his team to the NFCCG had a lot to do with him...and the Bears defense...and the fact that they got to play the friggen Seahawks in the second round.

Don't get me wrong, Cutler did a lot, a lot. His name belonged in the MVP voting, although it was definitely Brady's award. That being said, they had a lot of things go their way.

Dont know if his name belonged in the MVP voting but i do have to laugh at those who try and diminish what he did in the playoffs by using the Seahawks as the example considering that same team went out and beat the then current NFL champions the week before. Fact is, GB is a great team and they proved it not only that day but in the SB as well. Jay still has work to do but he was coming into that season with his third system and third OC and did a great job considering some of the circumstances surrounding him.

TXBRONC
03-28-2011, 06:33 AM

I don't think being combative with staff and players does anyone any good in the short, medium, or long term.

Juriga72
03-28-2011, 06:35 AM

I just love when the Orton crowd points out "HOW Kyle took apart the Seahawks when he was healthy".....

YET...."IN the playoffs..... Cutler got lucky cause he played the Seahawks...."

CoachChaz
03-28-2011, 06:47 AM
Hmmm...I thought the reason the Bears played in the NFCCG was more because the refs blew a call on a Calvin Johnson TD in week one and because the Giants blew it by punting to DeSean Jackson late in a game. Those 2 things dont happen and the Bears never make it to the playoffs to begin with.

Just my cynical way of loking at it

Juriga72
03-28-2011, 07:31 AM
Hmmm...I thought the reason the Bears played in the NFCCG was more because the refs blew a call on a Calvin Johnson TD in week one and because the Giants blew it by punting to DeSean Jackson late in a game. Those 2 things dont happen and the Bears never make it to the playoffs to begin with.

A couple of things....
First off... sadly the RULE states that the Johnson td pass wasn't a td pass.
Granted its a crappy rule.......... BUT since it was applied correctly, and every official including the FOX guy said said the very same thing I dont see how they got "It wrong".

Second...... The Bears WON its division. i know its hard to figure these things out thru the hate....... See.... Green Bay went on the road THREE times in the playoffs. This means that the Bears WON its division..... the Giants losing meant NOTHING to the Bear making the playoffs. Now IF the Giants had BEAT Green Bay, Green Bay would not have made the playoffs.

Other than being completely wrong on both points.......

Superchop 7
03-28-2011, 07:34 AM
First public swipe at Joe Ellis.....good job John.....put him in his place.

TXBRONC
03-28-2011, 08:13 AM
I wouldn't call what Elway said a swipe at Ellis. Bowlen and Ellis gave McDaniels the authority to make personnel decisions. In once sense they do bare responsibility for shipping Cutler off but ultimately the greater responsibility was McDaniels'. He wanted authority and he got it. I think that if Bowlen and Ellis had known that McDaniels was to immature to handle that much responsibility they wouldn't have given him that kind stroke.

BroncoJoe
03-28-2011, 09:30 AM
I think the trade was a mistake - you don't trade potential talent like that. I'd be hard pressed to say "I miss Cutler" though, for whatever reason.

The thing that really pisses me off is what McDaniels did with the draft picks we received for him.

Lonestar
03-28-2011, 09:36 AM

Great post, but they will never get it as it is Man love at it's best.

The guy has all the anyone could ask in a QB except above the shoulders. Just another Jeff George.

Lonestar
03-28-2011, 09:40 AM
Wait? A Qb played poorly in a big game? Bhwahahahahahahaahah oh shit, priceless. Yea, i remember John looking pretty bad in some big games myself. Bwhahahahahaahaha oh man, that is awesome.

Might have been because he was carrying the team to the playoffs.

Not so with jay the defense carried that team all year.

He'll he is not even as good as Trent dilfer who was a game manager. Did nothing to lose games let his defense set them up.

Lonestar
03-28-2011, 09:50 AM

Conversely some of y'all think everything jay is great and everything Pat and Josh is horrible.

Some y'all thought mikey let the franchise loaded with talent. The rest of us saw it differently.

Mikey is doing the same thing in WAS he did here. Destroyed a franchise with his ego.

Not sure what his defensive ranking was this year how far they Fell from being a top 5 maybe 3 D the year before.

But then all is good now in DEN for many of you because Josh is gone. The guy from the hated NE team. Had he been from almost any other team most of y'all would have beenfine with him.

arapaho2
03-28-2011, 09:51 AM
You have to add at least 10 points to the numbers from that era. There were only three +100 QB ratings in all of the 1970s. Now there are half a dozen each year.

i recall a bolts troll named R.O.D...who claimed you had to discredit some of rivers bad games in his stats as ..."freak game adjustment"

your not by chance related to him?

gobroncsnv
03-28-2011, 09:59 AM
Jay Carrying the Bears to the playoffs this year makes as much sense as giving Dilfer credit for the Crows winning their SB... Sorry, but that is not the way it happened. If anybody cares, you can look over my posting history (bet you'll all jump at the chance to do this!), saying Elway was NOT the reason for losingthe SB's, rather, poor performance on the part of teammates, and especially the front office for not building a complete team around him. Which is why I went to great pains to point out Jay's INDIVIDUAL performance in that game just sucked... missed throws while not under pressure, not a lot (any?) of drops by wr's (the Packers had at least as many)... I point to that game and say this was not a "franchise QB" performance... If you don't agree, live your life, keep the bitterness over the trade for all the good it will do you,
Anyway, I was advised to "get over it" (with a rousing embellishment)... I hereby declare myself over it.
Mods, don't keep this thread open on my account. I won't be back in it. Have a nice life, all.

arapaho2
03-28-2011, 10:05 AM
Conversely some of y'all think everything jay is great and everything Pat and Josh is horrible.

Some y'all thought mikey let the franchise loaded with talent. The rest of us saw it differently.

Mikey is doing the same thing in WAS he did here. Destroyed a franchise with his ego.

Not sure what his defensive ranking was this year how far they Fell from being a top 5 maybe 3 D the year before.

But then all is good now in DEN for many of you because Josh is gone. The guy from the hated NE team. Had he been from almost any other team most of y'all would have beenfine with him.

wrong..we think cutler had all the potential in the world to become an top qb, we think we had a super young and talented offense that would grow together and become a force

as far as mike destroying the skins...who cares:coffee:...lets comment on the little tyrant destroying a 7th ranked defense in one season to dead freaking last...talk about that much?

and no all is NOT good because the dooshbag mcd is gone...cause he left this team in bad shape...no franchise qb...a horrible run game...and the absalute worst defense in the league...he totaly destroyed this team, wasted valuable picks needed to fix the defense and made terrible personal moves.

he took a young talent heavy offense with good wrs, solid oline, good TEs and a solid run game and a defense needing some coaching and talent...and turned then into

a young offense worse than the one he took over except we have no qb, a worse run game and no TEs

and the defense still got worse

is gonna take some work to undo the shit mcd did

Slick
03-28-2011, 10:44 AM
I think the trade was a mistake - you don't trade potential talent like that. I'd be hard pressed to say "I miss Cutler" though, for whatever reason.

The thing that really pisses me off is what McDaniels did with the draft picks we received for him.

i feel the same way. I was excited to have 2 extra first round picks over 2 years, but I became less and less excited about the players we got, and the Alphonso Smith debacle just added to the misery.

claymore
03-28-2011, 10:50 AM
I will go to games just to heckle McDaniels. I dont hate him, but its pretty close.

rcsodak
03-28-2011, 11:28 AM
Well at times Elway was a whiny primmadonna.

This thread makes me laugh hard for a lot of reasons.

1. I don't think Elway has it out for Tebow.
2. The Shanahan and McDaniels mini-tirades, awesome.
3. RC being a fanboy of Orton and bashing Tebow, again, awesome.
4. You and GEM in any thread fantastic.

Cutler is a player that you don't give up on. Anyone who thinks that he mailed it in at the NFCCG is either a blind hater or silly. He's got a ton of talent and did a lot on the Bears offense. Of course a lot of the Cutler supporters will gringe at the thought of admitting that Martz and Cutler took it to another level in the latter half of the season, but still.

Again, Cutler is kind of a tool. The fact that I defended him after the NFCCG makes ME cringe, but it is what it is.

Also, John Elway sucks and has a stupid face.

BAM! /thread improved.

1. I have YET to "bash" TT.
2. Learn to debate a post without making your post about the poster.

/thread corrected

:coffee:

rcsodak
03-28-2011, 11:36 AM
I will go to games just to heckle McDaniels. I dont hate him, but its pretty close. you live in SL?

TXBRONC
03-28-2011, 12:25 PM
i feel the same way. I was excited to have 2 extra first round picks over 2 years, but I became less and less excited about the players we got, and the Alphonso Smith debacle just added to the misery.

Definitely McDaniels compounded the mistake of trading Cutler away with making several piss poor choices. It's not only Smith that was a debacle so was Richard Quinn. There is a rather large litany instances that we could go through where McDaniels stomped on his manhood but the move that killed him was trading Cutler.

Lonestar
03-28-2011, 12:29 PM
QB rating is the absolute DUMBEST thing to rate a QB by. Its a number. It was created for the purpose to give lesser knowledgeable tv fans to use as a reference. It's a shame that so many still use that made-up formula/number as though its a representative of the actual play on the field.

Yet everyone but you uses it somewhere between guideline to holy Grail for rating QBs.

Have you ever thought that perhaps your wrong in these diatribes every time someone uses it as a comparison.

We all know that your vast knowledge is superior to everyone elses, but that is how the real world rates QBs.

Lonestar
03-28-2011, 12:41 PM
I just guess that everyone corgets that superstar jay beAt the bolts once in his den career and that was with the help of a really bad call by a ref.
After that rivers was so far inside his head he may never beat him and his bolts again.

Hard to win the Division if you go 0 for 2 every year.

I will day it again if Tebow had jays skill set he would be all pro every year of his career.
But jay does not have Tebows heart or head.

arapaho2
03-28-2011, 12:46 PM
I just guess that everyone corgets that superstar jay beAt the bolts once in his den career and that was with the help of a really bad call by a ref.
After that rivers was so far inside his head he may never beat him and his bolts again.

I will day it again if Tebow had jays skill set he would be all pro every year of his career.

what about when you go 2-4 and 0-6 you know MCds record in his time here

TXBRONC
03-28-2011, 12:49 PM
Last time I checked Orton has only one once in two seasons.

arapaho2
03-28-2011, 12:59 PM
Last time I checked Orton has only one once in two seasons.

oh but thats differant...you see orton didnt have a defense as good as cutlers 29th ranked one

jhns
03-28-2011, 01:03 PM
At least Elway is smarter than McDaniels and all the McDaniels supporters.

Poet
03-28-2011, 01:14 PM
1. I have YET to "bash" TT.
2. Learn to debate a post without making your post about the poster.

/thread corrected

bwahahhahahahahahahahahahaha

Old man all I do is run the score up on you. Better chug that prune juice, baby. :elefant:

rcsodak
03-28-2011, 01:15 PM
what about when you go 2-4 and 0-6 you know MCds record in his time hereNobody has said KO was the FQB/next elway, rap. Your point?

rcsodak
03-28-2011, 01:17 PM
At least Elway is smarter than McDaniels and all the McDaniels supporters.oooooh. Nice slam! But I have a feeling he's smarter than EVERYBODY on this board....including you. :salute:

jhns
03-28-2011, 01:19 PM
....including you. :salute:

Let's not get carried away.

arapaho2
03-28-2011, 02:09 PM
Nobody has said KO was the FQB/next elway, rap. Your point?

my point was extremely simple...sorry it was to advanced for you

:lol::lol:

Northman
03-28-2011, 02:28 PM

Yea, im sure the Giants wanted to watch the Bears in the playoffs and Lovie paid the refs good money. I agree with you, those things NEVER happen in the NFL yearly. :lol:

Northman
03-28-2011, 02:30 PM
Might have been because he was carrying the team to the playoffs.

Not so with jay the defense carried that team all year.

He'll he is not even as good as Trent dilfer who was a game manager. Did nothing to lose games let his defense set them up.

Indeed, Peyton Manning sure stepped up in his playoff game this year. Such a crappy QB. ;)

Northman
03-28-2011, 02:33 PM
Jay Carrying the Bears to the playoffs this year makes as much sense as giving Dilfer credit for the Crows winning their SB... Sorry, but that is not the way it happened. If anybody cares, you can look over my posting history (bet you'll all jump at the chance to do this!), saying Elway was NOT the reason for losingthe SB's, rather, poor performance on the part of teammates, and especially the front office for not building a complete team around him. Which is why I went to great pains to point out Jay's INDIVIDUAL performance in that game just sucked... missed throws while not under pressure, not a lot (any?) of drops by wr's (the Packers had at least as many)... I point to that game and say this was not a "franchise QB" performance... If you don't agree, live your life, keep the bitterness over the trade for all the good it will do you,
Anyway, I was advised to "get over it" (with a rousing embellishment)... I hereby declare myself over it.
Mods, don't keep this thread open on my account. I won't be back in it. Have a nice life, all.

Hence why i said EVERY QB has bad games no matter if they are HOF or not. Guess you need to learn to read a little better as you seemed to have missed it the first time. But yes, im glad you found closure via this thread so enjoy browsing the rest of the forum while the rest of us talk about why Chicago shouldnt give up on Cutler. Peace.

Northman
03-28-2011, 02:35 PM

Thank you Capt. Obvious.

KCL
03-28-2011, 02:35 PM
Hence why i said EVERY QB has bad games no matter if they are HOF or not. Guess you need to learn to read a little better as you seemed to have missed it the first time. But yes, im glad you found closure via this thread so enjoy browsing the rest of the forum while the rest of us talk about why Chicago shouldnt give up on Cutler. Peace.

I liked his line to the mods...:D

Northman
03-28-2011, 02:37 PM
I liked his line to the mods...:D

Yea, nothing better than someone clamoring to have a thread closed because they have no self control to stay out of thread about someone they supposedly are over about yet continue to whine about. GOT TO LOVE IT. :D

rcsodak
03-28-2011, 03:12 PM
my point was extremely simple...sorry it was to advanced for you

:lol::lol:

Typical rap slam when confronted with having to explain himself.
Thx for never changing. :coffee:

rcsodak
03-28-2011, 03:14 PM
Indeed, Peyton Manning sure stepped up in his playoff game this year. Such a crappy QB. ;)jc≠pm no matter how hard you wish, northy.

KCL
03-28-2011, 03:18 PM

Brothers aren't suppose to argue...:lol:

KCL
03-28-2011, 03:19 PM
jc≠pm no matter how hard you wish, northy.

Was that his point? :confused:
hell Cassel went to the playoffs also and he isn't a PM by a long shot..:lol:

rcsodak
03-28-2011, 03:19 PM
Thank you Capt. Obvious.
I love how the cutler groupies get all chippy.

Of course, they can attack orton all they want and then chastise anybody that backs him. But once it gets turned around, chippiness, belittling and caddiness ensues.

:laugh:

Northman
03-28-2011, 03:21 PM
I love how the cutler groupies get all chippy.

Of course, they can attack orton all they want and then chastise anybody that backs him. But once it gets turned around, chippiness, belittling and caddiness ensues.

:laugh:

Chippy? i would just like him to actually follow the thread. But, i know he is your boyfriend and all so i dont want to upset you too much. :lol:

Poet
03-28-2011, 03:21 PM
Can anyone smell that? It smells like....oh, somebody left the irony on!

rcsodak
03-28-2011, 03:22 PM
Brothers aren't suppose to argue...:lol:he ain't my brother. He was offended when I said he was like the lil sis I never had, so **** him. :coffee:

KCL
03-28-2011, 03:23 PM
Chippy? i would just like him to actually follow the thread. But, i know he is your boyfriend and all so i dont want to upset you too much. :lol:

oh my...:eek: :D

Hell didn't you know...JR/LS is privy to all of Cutler's medical issues/info with
his doctors...:lol:

KCL
03-28-2011, 03:23 PM
he ain't my brother. He was offended when I said he was like the lil sis I never had, so **** him. :coffee:

yes he is...you two go back a long ways like 2 brothers that grew up
together.

rcsodak
03-28-2011, 03:25 PM
Was that his point? :confused:
hell Cassel went to the playoffs also and he isn't a PM by a long shot..:lol:
Didn't you know it doesn't matter if that was his point or not? Its called twisting/spinning posts. And making them mean whatever YOU choose of them.
Its the new rave.....

arapaho2

ok then...following message board context...101...just for you

1. lets start with the context of a post i responded to which was condemming cutler ...by a pro MCD poster

Hard to win the Division if you go 0 for 2 every year

2. followed by a simple post of

simple right?....an implication cutler sucked because of his afc west record...by a guy defending mcd...when orton and mcd had a terrible afc record also...which is ignored

sorry it was to advanced for you...try to dumb it up next time just for you ...k

Northman
oh my...:eek: :D

Hell didn't you know...JR/LS is privy to all of Cutler's medical issues/info with
his doctors...:lol:

Ive been in enough debates/banter with Jr to know he can handle himself. But it is precious everytime RC comes flying in with his whining about picking on Jr. Its cute. :lol:

KCL
03-28-2011, 03:26 PM
Didn't you know it doesn't matter if that was his point or not? Its called twisting/spinning posts. And making them mean whatever YOU choose of them.
Its the new rave.....

Must be..I see just about everybody that post here do that...

except me :girl:

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
03-28-2011, 03:27 PM
Must be..I see just about everybody that post here do that...

except me :girl:

So, is this the KCL of KC Lady infamy?

arapaho2
03-28-2011, 03:28 PM
he ain't my brother. He was offended when I said he was like the lil sis I never had, so **** him. :coffee:

ohhh no ...rc got butt hurt again:lol:

KCL
03-28-2011, 03:28 PM
So, is this the KCL of KC Lady infamy?

who? wait? KC who? Is she a Chiefs fan?

rcsodak
03-28-2011, 03:29 PM

Thx for proving my point.

Nomad
together.

Give the spoon, Lady!! :potstirer: :D

KCL
ohhh no ...rc got butt hurt again:lol:

stop it rap..you two are like brothers to me...well not to me.

arapaho2
Ive been in enough debates/banter with Jr to know he can handle himself. But it is precious everytime RC comes flying in with his whining about picking on Jr. Its cute. :lol:

:listen:watch it...rc might get mean an call you little sister

Northman
03-28-2011, 03:30 PM
:listen:watch it...rc might get mean an call you little sister

Yea, but thats big boy talk that he does. Like i said, its precious.

arapaho2
03-28-2011, 03:31 PM
stop it rap..you two are like brothers to me...well not to me.

rc may be like a brother to you....:lol:

KCL
03-28-2011, 03:31 PM
Give the spoon, Lady!! :potstirer: :D

Just trying to make the peace here Nomad between these two...:nixon:

arapaho2
03-28-2011, 03:34 PM

there can be no peace...until he bows down before me recognizing me as his supreme commander

think you can negotiate that?:confused:

KCL
03-28-2011, 03:35 PM
rc may be like a brother to you....:lol:

Kind of like Joe Dirt...

"you're my sister"

"you're my sister"

Nomad
03-28-2011, 03:37 PM

You are a peaceful person!!

Any big plans for the summer? Watching my boys play baseball and they both have football camps in June.....season starts early around here and my little girl is playing tball this year....her first year! Also lots of fishing:)!!

arapaho2
03-28-2011, 03:39 PM
Kind of like Joe Dirt...

"you're my sister"

"you're my sister"

:lol:...funniest part of the whole movie

once my son had long hair and wanted it cut...so i had the clippers and gave him a mullet...he thought it was all cut...we laughed and laughed...joe dirt joe dirt...:lol:

KCL
03-28-2011, 03:39 PM
You are a peaceful person!!

Any big plans for the summer? Watching my boys play baseball and they both have football camps in June.....season starts early around here and my little girl is playing tball this year....her first year! Also lots of fishing:)!!

No plans...both my kids are graduating in May.

KCL
03-28-2011, 03:42 PM
:lol:...funniest part of the whole movie

once my son had long hair and wanted it cut...so i had the clippers and gave him a mullet...he thought it was all cut...we laughed and laughed...joe dirt joe dirt...:lol:

that's all I could think of....:lol:

I love rc..he knows I do....:D

Nomad
03-28-2011, 03:42 PM
No plans...both my kids are graduating in May.

That's cool......2 college graduates??

KCL
03-28-2011, 03:43 PM
That's cool......2 college graduates??

Yes but more school for both of them in the fall..but yes grads for
the spring.

Northman
03-28-2011, 03:48 PM
So anyway, did i say that i agree with John that Cutler deserves more time? :)

rcsodak
03-28-2011, 03:50 PM
together.back on topic, kc.:coffee:

rcsodak
03-28-2011, 03:51 PM
Can anyone smell that? It smells like....oh, somebody left the irony on!I just got a whiff of something else, tho.

rcsodak
03-28-2011, 03:52 PM
ok then...following message board context...101...just for you

1. lets start with the context of a post i responded to which was condemming cutler ...by a pro MCD poster

Hard to win the Division if you go 0 for 2 every year

2. followed by a simple post of

simple right?....an implication cutler sucked because of his afc west record...by a guy defending mcd...when orton and mcd had a terrible afc record also...which is ignored

sorry it was to advanced for you...try to dumb it up next time just for you ...k

robert ethan
03-28-2011, 03:54 PM

The pick they traded for the chance to draft him was their own. Though perhaps if they hadn't had the extra 2010 pick they might not have done the deal. But Smith had a first round grade by most scouts prior to the draft. It wasn't like they flew out on a limb. Also he played decently in Detroit last season. The picks from the Cutler deal, I believe brought Robert Ayers, DeMaryius Thomas, part of Tim Tebow, and Eric Decker, once all the trading stopped. Way too early to say that they were "wasted", and absolutely no reason to think that they won't pan out. Aside from Thomas' injuries, I think all those players performed to expectation last season.

rcsodak
03-28-2011, 03:56 PM

Wow.....can you be any more of a drama queen? At the least, quit making shit up for your groupie hi5's.
I venture to say the 'holding our own' is pretty well safe in most discussions here.

Northman
03-28-2011, 04:01 PM
Wow.....can you be any more of a drama queen? At the least, quit making shit up for your groupie hi5's.
I venture to say the 'holding our own' is pretty well safe in most discussions here.

Bhwhahahahaha oh shit. You are the last person who should pullling that "drama queen" card. hahahaa! oh my.

rcsodak
03-28-2011, 04:08 PM
Bhwhahahahaha oh shit. You are the last person who should pullling that "drama queen" card. hahahaa! oh my.
Which makes it even more poignant.
And I am NOT a drama queen!! OK?!?!

(Feel better?) ; )

arapaho2
03-28-2011, 04:13 PM
Which makes it even more poignant.

(Feel better?) ; )

gee rc...why all the drama?

Lonestar
03-28-2011, 05:04 PM
At least Elway is smarter than McDaniels and all the McDaniels supporters.

That remains to be seen.

jhildebrand
03-28-2011, 05:22 PM

Lonestar
03-28-2011, 05:34 PM
The pick they traded for the chance to draft him was their own. Though perhaps if they hadn't had the extra 2010 pick they might not have done the deal. But Smith had a first round grade by most scouts prior to the draft. It wasn't like they flew out on a limb. Also he played decently in Detroit last season. The picks from the Cutler deal, I believe brought Robert Ayers, DeMaryius Thomas, part of Tim Tebow, and Eric Decker, once all the trading stopped. Way too early to say that they were "wasted", and absolutely no reason to think that they won't pan out. Aside from Thomas' injuries, I think all those players performed to expectation last season.

A voice of reason. Be careful. The cippies Having been in the business for 20 plus years perhaps it just got to be a piece of iron I was driving. for you.

Funny that everyone that au mikey and his failures from 2000-2005 are so quick the jump on Josh after his rookies were not pro bowlers year one.

Rarely do rookies make a huge impact from day one. But because they did not they all were failures.

They need to look back at all of mikeys day one picks. That will bring them back to reality I'd they are remotely logical.

Poet
03-28-2011, 05:38 PM
Lonestar, Mikey got fired because at the end of his tenure in Denver he was washed up. He did nothing but reinforce that opinion last year in Washington.

So who cares what a washed up coach did with his draft picks?

I was a McDaniels guy at the start of his tenure and I believe that one day he can be an elite coach in the NFL. But he made a lot of mistakes in Denver.

One thing the two guys have in common as head coaches - they were removed when it became apparent they couldn't do the job anymore.

arapaho2
03-28-2011, 05:44 PM
Lonestar, Mikey got fired because at the end of his tenure in Denver he was washed up. He did nothing but reinforce that opinion last year in Washington.

So who cares what a washed up coach did with his draft picks?

I was a McDaniels guy at the start of his tenure and I believe that one day he can be an elite coach in the NFL. But he made a lot of mistakes in Denver.

One thing the two guys have in common as head coaches - they were removed when it became apparent they couldn't do the job anymore.

shannahan was released because he refused to fire bob slowick ...not because he couldnt do the job anymore

Poet
03-28-2011, 05:47 PM
shannahan was released because he refused to fire bob slowick ...not because he couldnt do the job anymore

Two things.

1. It's really hard to convince me or anyone else who isn't a 'Shanahan' guy that going 8-8 and imploding at the end of each year counts as 'doing' their job.

2. If as a coach you cannot fire one of the worst defensive coordinators in the history of the game, you should be fired because you can't do your job. A big part of a head coach's job is to get good coaches around him.

atwater27
03-28-2011, 06:07 PM

Oh please.... He hasn't even had time to "destroy the franchise". He's got a few things to learn from McD before he can wreck something THAT quickly.

If you think getting tough with an overpaid primadonna DT and a QB that didn't train or try as hard as he needed to is wrecking the team, good for you.

zbeg
03-28-2011, 06:19 PM
Oh please.... He hasn't even had time to "destroy the franchise". He's got a few things to learn from McD before he can wreck something THAT quickly.

McD hardly "destroyed the franchise." He left the offense in reasonable shape - I guess he didn't improve an already putrid defense, but the Broncos aren't a shambles of a team with no chance of rebuilding for a couple of years. We're not Buffalo or Carolina.

rcsodak
03-28-2011, 06:29 PM
shannahan was released because he refused to fire bob slowick ...not because he couldnt do the job anymorehahahahahahahaahahahaahahahahahahahaahahaha hahahahahahahahaahahaahahahahaahahaahahahahaahahaa hahahahahaahaahahaha
(breath)
hahaahahahaahahahahaahahahaahahaahahahaahanahahaah ahaahahahaahahahahaahah

Ravage!!!
03-28-2011, 06:59 PM
Shanahan did a fine job in Washington last year, even to the point of proving he was RIGHT in the benching of his starting QB despite his name. Anyone that actually WATCHED the games could clearly see that Grossman played better than McNabb.

To say, or even suggest, that Shanahan is "washed up" is completely absurd.

rcsodak
03-28-2011, 07:05 PM
Two things.

1. It's really hard to convince me or anyone else who isn't a 'Shanahan' guy that going 8-8 and imploding at the end of each year counts as 'doing' their job.

2. If as a coach you cannot fire one of the worst defensive coordinators in the history of the game, you should be fired because you can't do your job. A big part of a head coach's job is to get good coaches around him.
:clap:

jhildebrand
03-28-2011, 07:24 PM
Here's the double standard of the day:

Joshy guys calling Mikey washed up when for months now Joshy guys have incessantly pointed to Joshy being right and the evidence being the guys he cut no longer being in the league.

Well...certainly the same must hold true for coaches: One is still an NFL HC and the other is a glorified position coach er OC.

rcsodak
03-28-2011, 07:31 PM

Joshy guys calling Mikey washed up when for months now Joshy guys have incessantly pointed to Joshy being right and the evidence being the guys he cut no longer being in the league.

Well...certainly the same must hold true for coaches: One is still an NFL HC and the other is a glorified position coach er OC.

FAIL.

Just makes the fact even worse, when a now "glorified position coach" could see them for what they were.

Good point...I never thought of it like that. :lol:

Poet
03-28-2011, 07:37 PM
Shanahan did a fine job in Washington last year, even to the point of proving he was RIGHT in the benching of his starting QB despite his name. Anyone that actually WATCHED the games could clearly see that Grossman played better than McNabb.

To say, or even suggest, that Shanahan is "washed up" is completely absurd.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight..........

He comes in, switches up a defense that didn't need much tinkering, his team won six games and the first time he benches McNabb Grossman comes out on the field and implodes with a fumble and an INT. Shanahan looks like a fool and the rest of the football world spends a week laughing at him.

Gross goes on to have a game where he throws a pick and an INT and completes 48 percent of his passes. I'm going to be kind and chalk that up as an average game.

He has a game where he throws four TD's and two INT's, normally that's a good game but he losses a fumble. Four TD's and three turnovers does not a good game make. Again, average.

Grossman has one last game where he throws two TD's and one pick, but he has TWO fumbles lost. That's a bad game.

In short, Grossman has 7 TD's and eight, count them EIGHT, turnovers. That's pretty ******* bad. Grossman completes about 56% of his passes and pretty much shows that he still sucks ass.

So no, Shanahan benching McNabb for Grossman was and is one of the worst coaching moves I have ever seen.

And no, I don't think McNabb is an elite QB or even above average anymore. He spent many years carrying awful offenses while his ignorant fan base was too stupid to realize how great he really was. I hope that man bounces back, but I doubt it, he played through too many injuries because he was a ******* warrior on the field. Though he was a pass first guy, his legs were a huge asset to him and now that they're fading it's tough times for McNabb.

That being said, no one, and I mean no one, other than a washed up coach and his fans could possibly think that Grossman gives the Skins a better chance to win games.

He's Rex Grossman. Give him two more games and he probably has more turnovers than McNabb ALL year! We know this, because he's Rex Grossman, we've seen him do it for YEARS!

Slick
03-28-2011, 07:37 PM

Spin i however you like. I think Ayers is destined for mediocrity, Thomas is destined for IR, Tebow is raw as hell, and Decker could have been had without all the wheeling and dealing McDaniels did.

Also, we didn't need a corner as bad as we needed help in the defensive front 7 so the Smith pick was extremely unnecessary in my eyes.

Northman
03-28-2011, 07:38 PM

To my knowledge that is only a rumor. Ive never seen anything in print that says that is the actual reason for him being fired. Sure, there is speculation but nothing concrete in that regard. When you listen to Bowlen's speech when Shanny exits he talks about not making the playoffs in a while or even the SB. When Shanny was fired it was after 3 years of missing the playoffs and choking away a division the last year he was here.

Poet
03-28-2011, 07:39 PM

One was signed by an owner who always inks washed up players and decided that he needed a washed up coach to balance it out.

Shanahan should just retire and go into the Hall of Fame. He makes Brett Favre look graceful in terms of retirement. :lol:

Sinthor
03-28-2011, 07:49 PM
McD hardly "destroyed the franchise." He left the offense in reasonable shape - I guess he didn't improve an already putrid defense, but the Broncos aren't a shambles of a team with no chance of rebuilding for a couple of years. We're not Buffalo or Carolina.

We're certainly not Buffalo or Carolina. Don't know if you noticed, but Buffalo was BETTER than us and the ONLY team worse was Carolina, though from the games I saw of them, they actually played better overall than the Broncos. The team this year was S...A....D. I was so disgusted and then amazed that McD didn't start making changes just to "get a spark" like almost any other team would have and usually does. It's no wonder he got fired...just kept plodding along, maybe the only way he knew how. Bottom line, he wasn't ready and going from 8-8 to 4-12 qualifies for me as pretty much "destroying the franchise" especially when you leave a team with huge holes and few draft picks to fill them.

jhildebrand
03-28-2011, 07:57 PM
FAIL.

Just makes the fact even worse, when a now "glorified position coach" could see them for what they were.

Good point...I never thought of it like that. :lol:

Because he operates in a vacuum right? :confused:

Of course those moves have absolutely nothing to do with him now being a position coach right? :confused:

Tell me, which of the two fired HC's had his choice of openings and remains an NFL HC? I think that says enough.

McDaniels personnel reasons are a big reason he is gone----> See Marshall, Cutler, Hillis, Alphonso Smith, Moreno, Ayers, etc... The Hillis one very well could define his entire career if he isn't careful!

Oh and then there is the little case of CHEATING!

jhildebrand
03-28-2011, 08:02 PM
That being said, no one, and I mean no one, other than a washed up coach and his fans could possibly think that Grossman gives the Skins a better chance to win games.

In all fairness King, nobody from Washington insisted that Rex gave them the better chance to win. I think it had as much to do behind the scenes and with the lockerroom than anything else. We all know Shanny, its his way or the highway. Some players he has handled similar to McNabb allowing them to go elsewhere without Shanny blasting them out of the league and others he destroyed a la Daryl Gardener and Michael Dean Parry.

I think that move was more about Shanahan sending a "message" to the team than it was about winning.

jhildebrand
03-28-2011, 08:04 PM
One was signed by an owner who always inks washed up players and decided that he needed a washed up coach to balance it out.

Shanahan should just retire and go into the Hall of Fame. He makes Brett Favre look graceful in terms of retirement. :lol:

Why? How many times has Shanahan retired and come back? How many times has shanahan emailed pictures of his rooster to team interns?

Now you are just letting your hate for the guy shine through.

Look, I can buy into one arguing that the 'old vet' coaches wont work in today's league. I get that. I can debate that all day long. But I don't care to see senseless hatred for a guy who really doesn't deserve it.

Poet
03-28-2011, 08:05 PM

Of course those moves have absolutely nothing to do with him now being a position coach right? :confused:

Tell me, which of the two fired HC's had his choice of openings and remains an NFL HC? I think that says enough.

McDaniels personnel reasons are a big reason he is gone----> See Marshall, Cutler, Hillis, Alphonso Smith, Moreno, Ayers, etc... The Hillis one very well could define his entire career if he isn't careful!

Ok, I'm going to indulge for a second.

Marshall - Look what he's doing in Miami...McD is winning no that one.

Cutler - Cutler played his hand in this, but McD lost.

Alphonso Smith - Smith was a disappointment, and then McD traded him. McD breaks even on it.

Moreno - Moreno has played well in spurts. Jury is still out, although I think McD is going to lose on this.

Ayers - I thought the guy was bust city, and so far he is. Big L.

Hillis - Worst trade I've seen in a looooooooong time. Biggest L ever.

Bad track record, not as bad as his detractors say.

In short, Cutler is a tool but his haters are silly. McDaniels is still going to end up doing well in the NFL and he has, his haters are silly. Shanahan is a Hall of Fame coach who got canned for being a disapointment, those who still think he's an elite coach are silly and those who disregard his NFL legacy are silly.

In short, hating's hard work, and sometime we hate too hard.

Oh, Elway still sucks ass and Terrell Davis was never any good.

rcsodak
03-28-2011, 08:20 PM

1 HC has upwards of 18yrs experience, 2 SB's.
1 HC has upwards of 2yrs.
Hmmmmm.....I wonder........ :rolleyes:

BTW, what was shanny's record at Oak? Not saying McD=Shanny, but just mentioning so you know not all 1st time coaches succeed.
And I highly doubt trading a 7th rd rb away wil define anything, other than the hatred of y'all.
I like hillis, prolly before you even knew how to spell his name, but a future HOF rb he is not.

Poet
03-28-2011, 08:25 PM
RC, the Hillis trade is one of the worst trades ever. The fact that he's a seventh rounder makes it that much worse - McD had a very good RB that Denver basically got for free, a boon, the kind of boon that can help shape a team for years, and traded it away for one of the worst players in the NFL.

Get your mind right, you're embarrassing yourself. I told you to drink that prune juice for a reason!

robert ethan
03-28-2011, 08:26 PM
Spin i however you like. I think Ayers is destined for mediocrity, Thomas is destined for IR, Tebow is raw as hell, and Decker could have been had without all the wheeling and dealing McDaniels did.

Also, we didn't need a corner as bad as we needed help in the defensive front 7 so the Smith pick was extremely unnecessary in my eyes.

Whatever they get from the picks is gravy anyway, since Neckbeard has been a better QB than Neckblubber since the trade. But they will get a lot from those picks. As for the team "needing linemen more than defensive backs", they signed four fairly highly regarded linemen through free agency. Williams, Bannen, Green, and Vickerson. They also had their own draft picks like Moss and Thomas on hand. As it was, Perrish Cox, Syd Thompson, and Cassius Vaughn played a lot last season, and with Cox uncertain and Bailey and Hill another year older they may need to refortify the position again this year.

jhildebrand
03-28-2011, 08:29 PM
1 HC has upwards of 18yrs experience, 2 SB's.
1 HC has upwards of 2yrs.
Hmmmmm.....I wonder........ :rolleyes:

Joshy's actions have nothing to do with his "upwards of two years" right? :confused:

Or does he?

BTW, what was shanny's record at Oak? Not saying McD=Shanny, but just mentioning so you know not all 1st time coaches succeed.

I have been one to say several times that Joshy will be make that is a good coach. He needs the right situation and power structure to protect him from himself. I wouldn't be surprised to see McD roaming a sideline in 2-3 seasons.

Also, I see some comparison in McD in Denver and Shanahan in Oakland but not a whole lot because there is no enigma and puzzle in the league that rivals Al Davis.

Perhaps a better scenario would be Belicheat in Cleveland and McD here. There are far more similarities there.

And I highly doubt trading a 7th rd rb away wil define anything, other than the hatred of y'all.
I like hillis, prolly before you even knew how to spell his name, but a future HOF rb he is not.

1. I called for Hillis to start going into the MNF game against Oakl so I doubt you "liked him before I knew how to spell his name."

2. If Hillis finds a way into HOF discussion, then McD will very well be defined in a large way by the Hillis trade. Many coaches are. Holmgren is the guy who traded for Favre. Al Davis traded Gruden, how'd that work out.

rcsodak
03-28-2011, 08:31 PM
RC, the Hillis trade is one of the worst trades ever. The fact that he's a seventh rounder makes it that much worse - McD had a very good RB that Denver basically got for free, a boon, the kind of boon that can help shape a team for years, and traded it away for one of the worst players in the NFL.

Get your mind right, you're embarrassing yourself. I told you to drink that prune juice for a reason!
Lol
Well, thanks for the advice, but I'm standing by what I said. McD needed a backup qb. He got a 1st rd'r for a stogie and a 6pack. He thought he could make something of BQ OR fix him and get something for him, ala BB. FAIL.
But unless peyton changes his running style, he'll be out of the league quicker than TD, with nothing to show for it.

Just my honest opinion.

jhildebrand
03-28-2011, 08:58 PM

Alphonso Smith - Smith was a disappointment, and then McD traded him. McD breaks even on it.

Moreno - Moreno has played well in spurts. Jury is still out, although I think McD is going to lose on this.

In short, Cutler is a tool but his haters are silly. McDaniels is still going to end up doing well in the NFL and he has, his haters are silly. Shanahan is a Hall of Fame coach who got canned for being a disapointment, those who still think he's an elite coach are silly and those who disregard his NFL legacy are silly.

We'll have to let the chips fall a bit more with Marshall. However, I would be remiss even now as to classify that as a wash or win for McD when we know just how much stats WR's in his system can rack up in garbage time.

Most of his other personnnel moves were not sound or wins. I didn't like cutler. I was ok seeing him go but not the way it went down. Even now that is a loss despite cutlers winning personality.

Shanahan may be too old school for a new school and ever increasing young league. Time will tell.

So where does this leave us, King? :confused:

I will tell you:

McD-a very smart x's and o's guy who is a terrible gm. Will probably make a great HC some day as long as he isn't GM as well.

Shanahan-2 SB winning and HOF HC

Elway and Davis were no good? Well then keep dreaming of your awesome glory days of Icky Woods and Boomer :elefant: How'd that work for you?

Northman
03-28-2011, 09:00 PM
Whatever they get from the picks is gravy anyway, since Neckbeard has been a better QB than Neckblubber since the trade.

Yes, Orton's 12-17 record as a starter is fabulous compared to Jay's 18-14 record since the trade.

Slick
03-28-2011, 09:09 PM
Whatever they get from the picks is gravy anyway, since Neckbeard has been a better QB than Neckblubber since the trade. But they will get a lot from those picks. As for the team "needing linemen more than defensive backs", they signed four fairly highly regarded linemen through free agency. Williams, Bannen, Green, and Vickerson. They also had their own draft picks like Moss and Thomas on hand. As it was, Perrish Cox, Syd Thompson, and Cassius Vaughn played a lot last season, and with Cox uncertain and Bailey and Hill another year older they may need to refortify the position again this year.

Your logic and mine are nowhere in line.

Highly regarded by someone who smokes more hippie lettuce than I do.

Also, don't lump the rest of the draft in. I was talking about us, as a team, being better off with 4 first round picks in two years than we are currently. Pretty simple really.

tomjonesrocks
03-28-2011, 09:56 PM
Originally Posted by robert ethan

ovQuOasX9GQ

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
03-28-2011, 10:33 PM
who? wait? KC who? Is she a Chiefs fan?

Yes, and she runs around toting this rediculous picture of Tony G in his panties!

Buff
03-28-2011, 10:37 PM
I hate that Elway brought this up and that this thread is still going. What more is left to say on this topic? McD is gone. Cutler is gone. Let the healing begin.

Poet
03-28-2011, 10:38 PM
Shut the **** up, Buff.

Buff
03-28-2011, 10:40 PM
Shut the **** up, Buff.

Watch yo mouf.

Slick
03-28-2011, 10:45 PM
I hate that Elway brought this up and that this thread is still going. What more is left to say on this topic? McD is gone. Cutler is gone. Let the healing begin.

I've been over it man. Bronco Joe's post a few pages ago reminded me that I thought we could have done better with our Cutler payout. Moving along.

KCL
03-28-2011, 10:49 PM

Is that why Haley refused to shake his hand? :lol:

KCL
03-28-2011, 10:53 PM
Yes, and she runs around toting this rediculous picture of Tony G in his panties!

Sounds good..I may have to see this picture!!!

rcsodak
03-29-2011, 05:03 AM
1. I called for Hillis to start going into the MNF game against Oakl so I doubt you "liked him before I knew how to spell his name."

2. If Hillis finds a way into HOF discussion, then McD will very well be defined in a large way by the Hillis trade. Many coaches are. Holmgren is the guy who traded for Favre. Al Davis traded Gruden, how'd that work out.

1. I was calling for shanny to grab him before the draft. Even made a thread.
Can't disagree with anything else.

rcsodak
03-29-2011, 05:04 AM
Yes, Orton's 12-17 record as a starter is fabulous compared to Jay's 18-14 record since the trade.records smecords.

Timmy!
03-29-2011, 05:35 AM
Cutler was a talented QB, who was a bit a of a whiny bitch. We traded him, got decent compensation, and proceeded to use said compensation by drafting like a drunken midget picking lottery #'s out of a hat. It's the past, moving on..............................

Juriga72
03-29-2011, 06:08 AM
records smecords.

Kyle Orton 3rd down CAREER qb rating- 60

TXBRONC
03-29-2011, 06:50 AM
records smecords.

That's not what you were saying three years ago. Cutler's record was one of things you criticized him for while praising Orton for his record at Chicago.

GEM
03-29-2011, 07:18 AM
That's not you were saying three years ago. Cutler's record was one of things you criticized him for while praising Orton for his record at Chicago.

Thats not what rc said just a day ago when he said that everyone ignored facts. A record is a fact. But just ignore those pesky things when they work against you. Good for goose is good for the gander, isn't that how the old saying goes?

Juriga72
03-29-2011, 07:21 AM
That's not you were saying three years ago. Cutler's record was one of things you criticized him for while praising Orton for his record at Chicago.

C'mon man..... lets go thru the whole Orton excuse thing-

"Kyle JUST wins"
"Its not pretty but Kyle JUST wins"
"Kyle is a Bulldog...he JUST wins"
"Kyle plays at a Pro Bowl level til he gets hurt"
"Kyle wins despite a terrible defense"
"Kyle has one of the worst O-lines"
"Kyle has no running game"

the whole time its always
"Jay will NEVER lead a team to the playoffs"
"Jay will never win a layoff game"
"Jay is carried by his defense"
"Jay has a running game"
"Jay gets lucky playing Seattle"

Face it.... Kyle IS a HOF who just happens to get hurt this year, last year, the year before that, benched, not playing ONE snap, benched......

Oh and now the record does not count...cause well...... Kyle was hurt

GEM
03-29-2011, 07:28 AM
As charlie sheen says, "WINNING!!!"

TXBRONC
03-29-2011, 08:40 AM
Thats not what rc said just a day ago when he said that everyone ignored facts. A record is a fact. But just ignore those pesky things when they work against you. Good for goose is good for the gander, isn't that how the old saying goes?

I believe so.

Lonestar
03-29-2011, 08:41 AM
Yes, Orton's 12-17 record as a starter is fabulous compared to Jay's 18-14 record since the trade.

And jays record would have been much better if the defense was better his first year there.

Face it it is the defense drive the bus in Chicago, in this case jay was Long for the ride.

Has Been for decades.

TXBRONC
03-29-2011, 08:57 AM
And jays record would have been much better if the defense was better his first year there.

Face it it is the defense drive the bus in Chicago, in this case jay was Long for the ride.

Has Been for decades.

That's not what was said about Orton when he came here. It was said he had a terrible defense in Chicago.

It is also a fact Cutler is credited with something like three or four come from behind wins. One more fact five times this past season Orton had a chance to take tie or take the lead with two minutes or less and Denver won NONE of them. To use the excuse the defense was terrible is weak especially since Cutler was NEVER given the same latitude by his detractors.

The point that Elway makes without saying it is that was a stupid move by McDaniels.

Oh and just for laughs and giggles it was reported after McDaniels was gone that he wanted desperately to get rid of Orton after the '09 season but his staff talked him out of it. It was one of those rare times McDaniels actually listened to someone other than his own inflated ego.

Juriga72
03-29-2011, 09:35 AM
That's not what was said about Orton when he came here. It was said he had a terrible defense in Chicago.

It is also a fact Cutler is credited with something like three or four come from behind wins. One more fact five times this past season Orton had a chance to take tie or take the lead with two minutes or less and Denver won NONE of them. To use the excuse the defense was terrible is weak especially since Cutler was NEVER given the same latitude by his detractors.

The point that Elway makes without saying it is that was a stupid move by McDaniels.

Oh and just laughs and giggles it was reported after McDaniels was gone that he wanted desperately to get rid of Orton after the '09 season but his staff talked him out of it. It was one of those rare times McDaniels actually listened to someone other than his own inflated ego.

Lets talk about the the games last year where the Bears LOST a 4th quarter lead/tie.....
Week 1- Up 15-14 with 1 min left...
Week 6- tied 14-14 3 min left......
week 8 up 20-17 5 minutes left
week 14 tied 14-14 52 seconds left

How about lets give Jay the "Orton-excuse" for being down:
3-13 at halftime week 7
7-31 at halftime week 9
7-24 at halftime week 12

Yeah.... just like "Really smarts old peoples" will tell you..... "You can't blame Kyle... oh I mean Jay.... for these losses"...

well... of course you can blame Jay for those losses if you know nothing about football

Juriga72
03-29-2011, 09:37 AM
And jays record would have been much better if the defense was better his first year there. Face it it is the defense drive the bus in Chicago, in this case jay was Long for the ride.

Has Been for decades.

Orton's #1 excuse right here......

TXBRONC
03-29-2011, 09:51 AM
Lets talk about the the games last year where the Bears LOST a 4th quarter lead/tie.....
Week 1- Up 15-14 with 1 min left...
Week 6- tied 14-14 3 min left......
week 8 up 20-17 5 minutes left
week 14 tied 14-14 52 seconds left

How about lets give Jay the "Orton-excuse" for being down:
3-13 at halftime week 7
7-31 at halftime week 9
7-24 at halftime week 12

Yeah.... just like "Really smarts old peoples" will tell you..... "You can't blame Kyle... oh I mean Jay.... for these losses"...

well... of course you can blame Jay for those losses if you know nothing about football

Imho these things are bi-products of what Elway was really getting at. Plain and simple what Elway said is a criticism of McDaniels handling of the Cutler situation.

arapaho2
03-29-2011, 10:19 AM

you not only went out on a limb but fell off

1. marshall 87 rec ...1014 yrds..on a team lacking a qb

2. yes cutler and the bears won

3. how does mcd break even...since your a bengal fan speaking about things you dont know i'll let it slide....no i wont...so Lucy your agonna hav to splain to me...how tradeing the 14th overall pick in the 2010 draft straight up for the 37th pick in the 2009 draft, a net loss of 570 points or equivelent to the 33rd or 34th pick....then tradeing that player selected with the 37th pick straight up for a player drafted 255th ...can even be remotely considered breaking even

Buff
03-29-2011, 10:20 AM
Cutler was a talented QB, who was a bit a of a whiny bitch. We traded him, got decent compensation, and proceeded to use said compensation by drafting like a drunken midget picking lottery #'s out of a hat. It's the past, moving on..............................

Even a drunken midget would have had better sense than to trade up for Phonz and Dick Quinn.

Dzone
03-29-2011, 10:27 AM
drafting like a drunken midget picking lottery #'s out of a hat. ........
I resemble that remark

Juriga72
03-29-2011, 12:08 PM
Even a drunken midget would have had better sense than to trade up for Phonz and Dick Quinn.

THATS my biggest peeve....

In one incredible draft we have 2 first round picks and shoot blanks with them....

Thats good for prom night... but not the NFL.

rcsodak
03-29-2011, 12:27 PM
That's not what you were saying three years ago. Cutler's record was one of things you criticized him for while praising Orton for his record at Chicago.
I believe I pointed to KO's record at home at the time of the trade. And how jayjay hasn't had a winning record since PW.
In this instance, comparing the record of a team(qb) under a 1st time HC and everything that it entails, to that of a team(qb) with an established hierarchy, and above avg defense.
Futility.

rcsodak
03-29-2011, 12:30 PM
Note my explanation. ^^

Aesop also said everything is not always as it seems.

Poet
03-29-2011, 12:30 PM
you not only went out on a limb but fell off

1. marshall 87 rec ...1014 yrds..on a team lacking a qb

2. yes cutler and the bears won

3. how does mcd break even...since your a bengal fan speaking about things you dont know i'll let it slide....no i wont...so Lucy your agonna hav to splain to me...how tradeing the 14th overall pick in the 2010 draft straight up for the 37th pick in the 2009 draft, a net loss of 570 points or equivelent to the 33rd or 34th pick....then tradeing that player selected with the 37th pick straight up for a player drafted 255th ...can even be remotely considered breaking even

1. 1014 yards...........If that is your golden standard of yardage then sure. I had to break this out for you, but look at his YPC, meh, his TD total, meh, he was high again this year on drops, meh. Marshall was incredibly overrated on this site and nation wide. All he got you were catches, not big yards or TD's to go with them. Is he an asset? Oh yeah, but he was never and probably never will be the top five elite WR that everyone was clamoring over.

2. We can agree here.

3. How did he break even? He broke even because he saw a big ****up and fixed it. That's actually pretty rare for a lot of coaches. He thought he had a stud at corner and then found out he had a dud and swindled Detroit. What would you have him do, stay with the player when he knows he ****** up?

Again, a lot of his detractors threw rhyme and reason out and just piled on for ignorant shit.

Oh, Brandon Marshall also has sex with sheep. Who wants a sheep****** on your team?

rcsodak
03-29-2011, 12:37 PM

Oh and just for laughs and giggles it was reported after McDaniels was gone that he wanted desperately to get rid of Orton after the '09 season but his staff talked him out of it. It was one of those rare times McDaniels actually listened to someone other than his own inflated ego.
And never mind the fact that McD was pleasantly SURPRISED at how good KO started out in '10.

rcsodak
03-29-2011, 12:43 PM
1. 1014 yards...........If that is your golden standard of yardage then sure. I had to break this out for you, but look at his YPC, meh, his TD total, meh, he was high again this year on drops, meh. Marshall was incredibly overrated on this site and nation wide. All he got you were catches, not big yards or TD's to go with them. Is he an asset? Oh yeah, but he was never and probably never will be the top five elite WR that everyone was clamoring over.

2. We can agree here.

3. How did he break even? He broke even because he saw a big ****up and fixed it. That's actually pretty rare for a lot of coaches. He thought he had a stud at corner and then found out he had a dud and swindled Detroit. What would you have him do, stay with the player when he knows he ****** up?

Again, a lot of his detractors threw rhyme and reason out and just piled on for ignorant shit.

Oh, Brandon Marshall also has sex with sheep. Who wants a sheep****** on your team?

I think alphie might have shown what happens when a defense actually has a good dline. It makes the cb's job alot easier and makes them look good. Just think how champ would be looking right about now had shanny had the aptitude to draft. Wow.

TXBRONC
03-29-2011, 01:14 PM
I believe I pointed to KO's record at home at the time of the trade. And how jayjay hasn't had a winning record since PW.
In this instance, comparing the record of a team(qb) under a 1st time HC and everything that it entails, to that of a team(qb) with an established hierarchy, and above avg defense.
Futility.

You said record doesn't matter. You can't have it both ways.

Juriga72
03-29-2011, 01:17 PM
You said record doesn't matter. You can't have it both ways.

Or how "Jay with a terrible defense and barely had a running game went 8-8"

Its ALWAYS something that changes it.... not facts tho. LOL

Or that this year Jay's AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! running game had the very same 3.9 ypc as Kyle's "NFL WORST ever!!!!!!"

TXBRONC
03-29-2011, 01:24 PM
And never mind the fact that McD was pleasantly SURPRISED at how good KO started out in '10.

I think you're missing the point. Orton wouldn't have even gotten the chance if McDaniels' staff hadn't talked him out trading Orton. I don't find having a lot yards all that impressive, especially when he was so poor in the red zone, and on third down and most importantly wins.

claymore
03-29-2011, 01:34 PM
So in the end we were better off with Cutler than an unproven HC. /Thread

Poet
03-29-2011, 01:42 PM
So in the end we were better off with Cutler than an unproven HC. /Thread

You would have been better off with the Bears defense. Trololololololololololololololololol

I have missed you! Rub my moobs?

claymore
03-29-2011, 02:09 PM
You would have been better off with the Bears defense. Trololololololololololololololololol

I have missed you! Rub my moobs?

I wish brother. Ive only got time for snyde remarks and I told you so's now adays@! :elefant:

TXBRONC
03-29-2011, 02:09 PM
How did he break even? He broke even because he saw a big ****up and fixed it. That's actually pretty rare for a lot of coaches. He thought he had a stud at corner and then found out he had a dud and swindled Detroit. What would you have him do, stay with the player when he knows he ****** up?

He gave up a 1st round pick for Smith in '09 only get a 7th rounder for him in '10 and think he swindled the Lions? If you sell anything for considerably less than what you originally paid for it's not called breaking even. It's called losing your shirt. Worse yet he did it to himself. What would I have him do? You pay that high of a price for guy you better damn well give it chance. The likelihood that Smith is ever going to amount anything is slim but you still give it a chance. To do what McDaniels did with Smith only strengthens the criticism that he was complete idiot when came to player personnel.

GEM
03-29-2011, 02:39 PM
Note my explanation. ^^

Aesop also said everything is not always as it seems.

So when you have these reasons that you say caused the effect, they are cause and effect.....whenever anyone else uses them, they are excuses.

Mmmmmmkay, I'm starting to get your logic. Unfortunately it's making my head hurt. I'm just trying to keep it all straight. What rules pertain to you and what don't. What rules pertain to everyone else. When the before mentioned rules can be used and under what circumstances use of before mention rules are to be used.

oooooey vai....again, my head hurts. :der:

Poet
03-29-2011, 02:40 PM
He gave up a 1st round pick for Smith in '09 only get a 7th rounder for him in '10 and think he swindled the Lions? If you sell anything for considerably less than what you originally paid for it's not called breaking even. It's called losing your shirt. Worse yet he did it to himself. What would I have him do? You pay that high of a price for guy you better damn well give it chance. The likelihood that Smith is ever going to amount anything is slim but you still give it a chance. To do what McDaniels did with Smith only strengthens the criticism that he was complete idiot when came to player personnel.

The problem with that is his detractors criticized the pick and said he should get rid of Phons and get something back, anything back because Phons was just no good and a waste of a roster spot.

Then, he does that, and he gets blown up. Phons has two games where he gets some lucky INTs and everyone, including the people who said to get rid of him pulls the 'you should have given him more time' card.

Then, Phons, who suddenly is the best corner this side of Rod Woodson, gets blown up by the Patriots on Turkey Day, and goes on to suck ass for the rest of the year. So then all the fans basically swap places on their stances, AGAIN.

Meanwhile, it's pretty apparent to anyone who isn't emotionally vested in the team that Phons blows and McDaniels salvaged something out of the waste.

Yeah, it was pretty bleak, but it's better than having Phons sit on roster and do nothing.

Lonestar
03-29-2011, 02:47 PM
Good post King but you will never convince the haters.

The big difference in mikey and Josh was if Josh saw a mistake he Made the draft he fixed it via trades or cutting them. Opposed to mikey keeping them ok the roster till the third year and then cutting them. In the quiet if the night. Wasting millions of dollars in hopes they would work out.

Josh did not get that option. But then contray to what every one thinks his draft choices have only been around a short time.

GEM
03-29-2011, 03:09 PM
Good post King but you will never convince the haters.

The big difference in mikey and Josh was if Josh saw a mistake he Made the draft he fixed it via trades or cutting them. Opposed to mikey keeping them ok the roster till the third year and then cutting them. In the quiet if the night. Wasting millions of dollars in hopes they would work out.

Josh did not get that option. But then contray to what every one thinks his draft choices have only been around a short time.

* WR Demaryius Thomas (1st Round, 22nd overall)
* QB Tim Tebow (1st Round, 25th overall)
* OL Zane Beadles – (2nd Round, 45th overall)
* C J.D. Walton – (3rd Round, 80th overall)
* WR Eric Decker – (3rd Round, 87th overall) (from Philadelphia)
* CB Perrish Cox – (5th Round, 137th overall) (from Philadelphia via Cleveland)
* C Eric Olsen – (6th Round, 183rd overall)
* CB Syd’quan Thompson - (7th, 225th overall)
* DE/OLB Jammie Kirlew – (7th, 232rd overall)

RB Knowshon Moreno ( 1st Round, 12th overall)
DE Robert Ayers (1st Round, 18th overall)
CB Alphonso Smith (2nd Round, 37th overall)
DE Darcel McBath (2nd Round, 48th overall)
TE Richard Quinn (2nd Round, 64th overall)
S David Bruton (4th Round, 114th overall
G Seth Olsen (4th Round, 132nd overall)
WR Kenny McKinley (5th Round, 141st overall)
QB Tom Brandstater (6th Round, 174th overall)
C Blake Schlueter (7th Round, 225th overall)

Out of 2 years, we had 19 picks. Of the 19, 5 are no longer with the team, 1 (Rest his soul) is deceased, 1 is looking at serious jail time, 1 has a torn achilles, 2 are ST aces who haven't seen starting time at their drafted position.

Please feel free to go down that list and tell us who replaced them and just how successful they are.

Juriga72
03-29-2011, 03:11 PM
^ true dat Gem

When Josh's picks suck as bad as they do........ you can tell in one year he was in over his inflated head.

Lets see.... 2008 BAD defense sign 3 running backs and guess what?.... pick a bad running back who took 1.5 years to rush for 100 yards in a single game

2008 BAD defense- reach past reaching and take a projected 2nd/3rd round "tweener" in front of 3 pro bowl rookie LB'ers.....

only a fool would think you need to see more of this

GEM
03-29-2011, 03:13 PM
Cutting a newly drafted player is not a fix. Evaluate talent and you wouldn't have to waste a pick by cutting them. Sorry.

GEM
03-29-2011, 03:16 PM
19 ******* draft picks and THIS is what our team looks like? UGH....makes me want to cry when put in plain English like that. :brickwall:

Ravage!!!
03-29-2011, 03:16 PM
* WR Demaryius Thomas (1st Round, 22nd overall)
* QB Tim Tebow (1st Round, 25th overall)
* OL Zane Beadles – (2nd Round, 45th overall)
* C J.D. Walton – (3rd Round, 80th overall)
* WR Eric Decker – (3rd Round, 87th overall) (from Philadelphia)
* CB Perrish Cox – (5th Round, 137th overall) (from Philadelphia via Cleveland)
* C Eric Olsen – (6th Round, 183rd overall)
* CB Syd’quan Thompson - (7th, 225th overall)
* DE/OLB Jammie Kirlew – (7th, 232rd overall)

RB Knowshon Moreno ( 1st Round, 12th overall)
DE Robert Ayers (1st Round, 18th overall)
CB Alphonso Smith (2nd Round, 37th overall)
DE Darcel McBath (2nd Round, 48th overall)
TE Richard Quinn (2nd Round, 64th overall)
S David Bruton (4th Round, 114th overall
G Seth Olsen (4th Round, 132nd overall)
WR Kenny McKinley (5th Round, 141st overall)
QB Tom Brandstater (6th Round, 174th overall)
C Blake Schlueter (7th Round, 225th overall)

Out of 2 years, we had 19 picks. Of the 19, 5 are no longer with the team, 1 (Rest his soul) is deceased, 1 is looking at serious jail time, 1 has a torn achilles, 2 are ST aces who haven't seen starting time at their drafted position.

Please feel free to go down that list and tell us who replaced them and just how successful they are.

Good post, Gem, but you'll never convince the haters.

Ravage!!!
03-29-2011, 03:17 PM
Cutting a newly drafted player is not a fix. Evaluate talent and you wouldn't have to waste a pick by cutting them. Sorry.

Thats not a fix. Cutting a player you just used a first round draft pick on, is throwing in the towel.

GEM
03-29-2011, 03:18 PM
Forgot to mention Walton and Beadles are starters out of sheer necessity, not because they are starting material. Yay depth.

Ravage!!!
03-29-2011, 03:31 PM

who's had more catches, yards, and TDs over the last three years, Brandon or Ocho?

Lonestar
03-29-2011, 03:32 PM

Shirley you jest.

I have heard for yeRa on this and other forums that the draft is a crap shoot.

Now because Josh has cut a few of his picks outright of the 19 if you counted correctly only five were cut.

A shade over 74% are still on the team and will contribute if new guy does nit cut them ecause he either does nit like them or they do not fit YET another new scheme.

Sorry but go back to the dafts of Mickey and tell
Me how many day one picks got a second contract in Denver their rookie contract was over can count them on 1.5 hands.

Those are the players you build your franchise on. No wonder everyone called it a crap shoot.

Poet
03-29-2011, 03:45 PM
who's had more catches, yards, and TDs over the last three years, Brandon or Ocho?

I am so happy that Brandon can beat out Ocho in his later years.

He gets a lot of catches, he does not get a lot of yards and TDs. Yards and TDs > catches.

As far as Alphonso Smith goes, he corrected a mistake. Yes, it's better to not make the mistake in the first place, but it's better to fix something than to just let it get worse and worse.

Lonestar
03-29-2011, 03:54 PM

Shirley you jest.

Now because Josh has cut a few of his picks outright of the 19 if you counted correctly only five were cut.

A shade over 74% are still on the team and will contribute if new guy does nit cut them ecause he either does nit like them or they do not fit YET another new scheme.

Me how many day one picks got a second contract in Denver their rookie contract was over can count them on 1.5 hands.

Those are the players you build your franchise on. No wonder everyone called it a crap shoot.

Ravage!!!
03-29-2011, 03:58 PM
I am so happy that Brandon can beat out Ocho in his later years.

He gets a lot of catches, he does not get a lot of yards and TDs. Yards and TDs > catches.

As far as Alphonso Smith goes, he corrected a mistake. Yes, it's better to not make the mistake in the first place, but it's better to fix something than to just let it get worse and worse.

He didn't "correct" the mistake. He gave up on the mistake. Instead of getting SOME value for the choice, he traded it away for nearly nothing. I don't see how you consider that to be a "cure" or "fix" to anything.

I know, you keep saying that Brandon only has one season with 10 TDs... just as many as Ocho does in his 10 year career.

I get it. You think ypc is the get-all of stats. But not everyone feels that way. Marshall is out-producing your 10 yr "HoF" WR with lesser talent throwing him the ball.

Lonestar
03-29-2011, 03:59 PM
Forgot to mention Walton and Beadles are starters out of sheer necessity, not because they are starting material. Yay depth.

Let's see in two years if they are or not.

Then you can crow. Or eat one.

GEM
03-29-2011, 04:03 PM
Shirley you jest.

Can you ever have a conversation about McDaniels without bringing up Shanahan? McDaniels was brought in to correct the things that Shanahan did wrong. He was supposed to be an improvement. They are 2 separate issues. Stop bringing up Shanahan to deflect the discussion. Sheesh.

McDaniels did all the things Shanahan did wrong, but 10X worse.

Northman
03-29-2011, 04:04 PM

Has Been for decades.

Sure, the defense is real good in Chi-town. Even when Orton was there. However, in 08' when Jay was basically having to sling it to keep us in games all year long our defense certainly wasnt our crutch that year but it didnt stop you from trying to place blame on Jay for the downfall there. At least if your going to try and debate, at least debate with some consistency.

GEM
03-29-2011, 04:07 PM
Let's see in two years if they are or not.

Then you can crow. Or eat one.

I hope for the Broncos sake to eat one. I told you so's do my team no good, so I don't ride on them like some around here.

Northman
03-29-2011, 04:09 PM

Bwhahaha, oh SNAP!

GEM
03-29-2011, 04:10 PM
Bwhahaha, oh SNAP!

I'm bringing a fury of logic today....not enough sleep makes me grumpy. :lol:

Northman
03-29-2011, 04:14 PM
Can you ever have a conversation about McDaniels without bringing up Shanahan?

I can answer that for you. That would be a NO. :lol:

arapaho2
03-29-2011, 04:27 PM
Futility.

wrong

what you did was point how better ortons was as a bear..with a great defense
and how terrible cutler was as a bronco...with no mention of the suck defense

based on records

and now cutlers only winning because of the bears defense
and ortons only losing because of the broncos defense

that about sums it up:coffee:

Poet
03-29-2011, 04:28 PM
He didn't "correct" the mistake. He gave up on the mistake. Instead of getting SOME value for the choice, he traded it away for nearly nothing. I don't see how you consider that to be a "cure" or "fix" to anything.

I know, you keep saying that Brandon only has one season with 10 TDs... just as many as Ocho does in his 10 year career.

I get it. You think ypc is the get-all of stats. But not everyone feels that way. Marshall is out-producing your 10 yr "HoF" WR with lesser talent throwing him the ball.

So you think catches are better than TD's and yards and YPC? Give it up, that argument has zero validity. He is great in one stat (catches) and above average at the others. That should tell you that he's not this elite monster of a WR that you think he is.

I would hope that he outproduces a 33 year WR. Also, if you're going to quote me, at least quote me correctly. I said that he was on a Hall of Fame pace.

And, he was. He no longer is, and that is unfortunate. However, since you want to make it Ocho versus Marshall, pull up their stats.

Comparing Marshall to Ocho is an insult to Ocho. In their first five years Ocho has 600 more yards, 6 more TD's and about four more yards per catch. Marshall has 413 catches and Ocho has 379. So across the board, Ocho is better.

If Marshall's start to his career means that Marshall is this elite and I'll quote you, correctly (you should try it), "best WR in the game," then at one point Ocho was not only the best WR in the game, he was basically Jesus Christ. :lol:

Ocho didn't get Palmer until 2004, and Palmer's first good stat year was 2005. So that means he had Jon Kitna, who was replaced for a reason for his first three years and then a guy who had his first year starting.

Marshall had a young Jay Cutler who was pretty good and then Kyle Orton, so spare me the "with less talent" argument. I mean I could bring up that Palmer, unfortunately, hasn't been great since 2006.

Ravage, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I remember you hating the Phons pick. So, if Phons continues to be a disappointment and busts, will you admit then that McD did the best thing that he could? Or are you just going to be unmoving and refuse to budge on it, regardless of your position being pretty much illogical?

robert ethan
03-29-2011, 04:31 PM
First of all, those picks are not bad as a group. Go around the league and you see the same failure rate. There isn't room for 10 rookies on a roster in any case, so the fact that the sixth and seventh rounders get cut is no great surprise. There are usually a couple of UDFAs who sneak into the mix as well. Secondly, who really thinks that McDaniels was personally responsible for the late round picks? He worked hard, but I don't think he found time to check out some DIII guy on the other side of the country. The G.M. and all of those scouts get paid to do that.

arapaho2
03-29-2011, 04:50 PM

2. We can agree here.

marshal is better than any wr we have on the broncos...1000+ yards is good for any wr ...if you fail to see that... cant help you

lets compare him to some great wrs ..1st 5 years in the league

player............................yards........... ................tds
reggie wayne.................4164........................ ......28
roddie white...................4689...................... ........27
andre johnson.................4804...................... ........25
brandon marshall..............5063........................ ......28

ok let me get this straight....so tradeing a 14th overall 1st rnd pick for the 37th 2nd rnd pick straight across...then one year later tradeing that player picked with the 37th pick...straight across for a player picked 255th in the same draft.....is comeing out ahead

so let me put this in simpleton....joshy takes a full basket of apples to the market....he then trades that full barrel for a half barrel of apples straight up....he then trades that half basket of apples for a single apple

and somehow you think he came out ahead?:lol::lol:

arapaho2
03-29-2011, 05:00 PM
, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I remember you hating the Phons pick. So, if Phons continues to be a disappointment and busts, will you admit then that McD did the best thing that he could? Or are you just going to be unmoving and refuse to budge on it, regardless of your position being pretty much illogical?

for me i didnt hate phons...i hated that we traded a 1st round pick when we needed to rebuild the defense...for a cb that for all intents should have still been there at our own pick...for a 37th straight up

then trade him for a TE drafted 255th....you call it correcting a mistake...i call it a cluster ****