View Full Version : Broncos receive seventh-round draft pic

Lonestar
03-25-2011, 10:58 PM
Broncos receive seventh-round draft pick
By Lindsay H. Jones
The Denver Post
POSTED: 03/25/2011 05:32:35 PM MDT
UPDATED: 03/25/2011 05:34:42 PM MDT

The Broncos were awarded a seventh-round draft pick in next month's draft today, bringing the team's total picks to seven.

The NFL awarded 21 compensatory picks to make up for free-agent losses in 2010. The league added 11 other picks, bringing the number to 32, matching the number of NFL franchises. The Broncos received one of those picks.

The Broncos new pick is No. 246 overall. The Broncos also will pick at No. 2 in the first round, No. 36, No. 46 (from Miami in Brandon Marshall trade), No. 67, No. 186, and No. 189.

Read more: Broncos receive seventh-round draft pick - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_17702121#ixzz1Hft5bwhL
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

sneakers
03-25-2011, 11:29 PM
Hellz yeah! :balloons:

LTC Pain
03-26-2011, 09:49 AM
HUA! Maybe the Broncos can take Marc Schiechkl (DE) out of Colorado School of Mines with this pick!

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=86282&draftyear=2011&genpos=DE

MileHighCrew
03-26-2011, 09:51 AM
Broncos got a nice CB in the 7th last year.

rcsodak
03-26-2011, 11:13 AM
Broncos got a nice CB in the 7th last year.

Or maybe a FB who thinks he's a RB?

WARHORSE
03-26-2011, 11:55 AM
I think we should trade that pick for Carolinas first next year.:coffee:

jhildebrand
03-26-2011, 12:04 PM
Or maybe a FB who thinks he's a RB?

I think we should trade you to the Rams message board!

Ravage!!!
03-26-2011, 12:24 PM
a FB that has PROVED to be a stud tailback.

shank
03-26-2011, 01:51 PM
I did not know this previously.

slim
03-26-2011, 02:00 PM
Shannon Sharpe.

Dzone
03-26-2011, 02:01 PM
let it not be a rapist or juvenile delinquent

BORDERLINE
03-27-2011, 03:31 PM
better then nothing

TXBRONC
03-28-2011, 08:20 AM
Hellz yeah! :balloons:

In one respect I'm glad that they got an extra pick but it's still just 7th rounder.

TXBRONC
03-28-2011, 08:26 AM
HUA! Maybe the Broncos can take Marc Schiechkl (DE) out of Colorado School of Mines with this pick!

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=86282&draftyear=2011&genpos=DE

Defense should be the theme of this year's draft but at the same time we do have two or three offensive positions that need to be addressed depending on whether or not they bring Harris back into the fold. The other two positions are fullback and tight end.

rcsodak
03-28-2011, 11:49 AM
Defense should be the theme of this year's draft but at the same time we do have two or three offensive positions that need to be addressed depending on whether or not they bring Harris back into the fold. The other two positions are fullback and tight end.

What's wrong with Larsen? And Gronk?
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

hotcarl
03-28-2011, 12:21 PM
hire pouncey

arapaho2
03-28-2011, 12:44 PM

maybe because neither has the talent to start on any other team

rcsodak
03-28-2011, 01:18 PM
maybe because neither has the talent to start on any other teamso you're a talent appraiser now, rap? Or have you read/heard this?

arapaho2
03-28-2011, 02:13 PM
so you're a talent appraiser now, rap? Or have you read/heard this?

simple really...larson as a fb is nowhere near the talent any other team would covet...your view surpriseing since your hate is always directed at the guy who drafted him

gronkowski?...the guy drafted in the 7th round and traded from the lions...his brothers may show themselfs as solid tes...but he hasnt

but perhaps other than the broncos would you enlighten me as to which team these two would start for

rcsodak
03-28-2011, 03:42 PM
simple really...larson as a fb is nowhere near the talent any other team would covet...your view surpriseing since your hate is always directed at the guy who drafted him

gronkowski?...the guy drafted in the 7th round and traded from the lions...his brothers may show themselfs as solid tes...but he hasnt

but perhaps other than the broncos would you enlighten me as to which team these two would start for
1. I don't hate the guy who drafted him. Never have. Try not to project your hate onto others.
2. As for Gronk, I like him. He's a better blocker than TS and has shown he can catch and run. Never proclaimed he's an All Pro, which by the way you grade players, is either all or nothing .
3. Since when does a players worth become compared to what other team they'd fit? Who knows if TD would have even been a starter on another team. Not very many of his followers did.
But go ahead, rap, and continue disparaging every Bronco not named Cutler. I'm sure he appreciates you. :rolleyes:

arapaho2
03-28-2011, 04:15 PM
1. I don't hate the guy who drafted him. Never have. Try not to project your hate onto others.
2. As for Gronk, I like him. He's a better blocker than TS and has shown he can catch and run. Never proclaimed he's an All Pro, which by the way you grade players, is either all or nothing .
3. Since when does a players worth become compared to what other team they'd fit? Who knows if TD would have even been a starter on another team. Not very many of his followers did.
But go ahead, rap, and continue disparaging every Bronco not named Cutler. I'm sure he appreciates you. :rolleyes:

wow great deflection:lol::lol:

again tell us the what team rigfht now either would start for

because that was the point was it not...

answer it or unwadd your panties an move on

rcsodak
03-28-2011, 05:08 PM
wow great deflection:lol::lol:

again tell us the what team rigfht now either would start for

because that was the point was it not...

answer it or unwadd your panties an move on

I can't wait until you grow up.

Seriously.

arapaho2
03-28-2011, 05:46 PM
I can't wait until you grow up.

Seriously.

simple question ... so save the drama for your mama

i stated larson and gronk were not talented enough to start on any team

you disagreed...i asked a simple question...what team could they start for other than the broncos

can you answer it....

i think we already know you cant:coffee:

rcsodak
03-28-2011, 06:36 PM
simple question ... so save the drama for your mama

i stated larson and gronk were not talented enough to start on any team

you disagreed...i asked a simple question...what team could they start for other than the broncos

can you answer it....

i think we already know you cant:coffee:You're cracking me up. :lol:
Everytime you ask that (even tho it was addressed)silly assed question, all I can ask is Are you stomping your feet as you type? :laugh:
edited:G said I got personnel

Ravage!!!
03-28-2011, 06:54 PM
I don't think we have a FB on the roster that is worth much.

rcsodak
03-28-2011, 07:07 PM
I don't think we have a FB on the roster that is worth much.So, iyo, is larsen a better fb or lb? Or neither?

sneakers
03-28-2011, 09:15 PM
better then nothing

What? Drafting a rapist or juvenile delinquent?

jhildebrand
03-28-2011, 09:27 PM
So, iyo, is larsen a better fb or lb? Or neither?

Based on is NFL time played at either position, which admittedly is a small sample size, LB. He is a better LB. IN the ATL game he was a BEAST.

I am curious as to why you refused to answer arapaho's question. Seemed logical to me. So.... why not answer it?

GEM
03-28-2011, 10:00 PM
Based on is NFL time played at either position, which admittedly is a small sample size, LB. He is a better LB. IN the ATL game he was a BEAST.

I am curious as to why you refused to answer arapaho's question. Seemed logical to me. So.... why not answer it?

And continually made it personal in the deflection.

arapaho2
03-29-2011, 10:37 AM

maybe because jr star hasnt rode in to his rescue yet

shank
03-29-2011, 12:01 PM
i'm still pissed that larsen didn't get more of an opportunity at LB. to **** up his LB potential in order to put hillis's potential on the bench was criminal.

GEM
03-29-2011, 12:04 PM
i'm still pissed that larsen didn't get more of an opportunity at LB. to **** up his LB potential in order to put hillis's potential on the bench was criminal.

McD got sick of doing it piece by piece....sometimes he would throw in a kill 2 birds with 1 stone kind of thing. Shits n giggles.

Shanny was enamored with doing things that would say....Look at me. Wile E. Coyote....Suuuuuuuper Genius.

Both pretty much screwed the pooch when it came to both players.

shank
03-29-2011, 12:17 PM
McD got sick of doing it piece by piece....sometimes he would throw in a kill 2 birds with 1 stone kind of thing. Shits n giggles.

Shanny was enamored with doing things that would say....Look at me. Wile E. Coyote....Suuuuuuuper Genius.

Both pretty much screwed the pooch when it came to both players.

yeah, i feel like shanny really hurt foxworth's development when he tried to turn him into a 170 lb safety. :confused:

TXBRONC
03-29-2011, 02:25 PM

I didn't say there was anything wrong with Larsen. What do we know about Gronkowski? Practically nothing. Besides that my post had more to do with what I think about Richard Quinn than Gronkowski.

Lonestar
03-29-2011, 04:06 PM

Just for the record under which HC and RBC did this happen.

Under which RBC did hills not play even after a pretty super short stint before being injured., the following year.

Just for the record so we all got it straight in everyones minds.

GEM
03-29-2011, 04:08 PM

Under which RBC did hills not play even after a pretty super short stint before being injured., the following year.

And who traded Hillis?

Point moot.

We just said both made mistakes with Hillis. Do you read or do you just read what you want to read?

underrated29
03-29-2011, 04:10 PM

mCDANIELS AND OUR RBC COACH WHO LEFT FOR THE TEXANS (FORGOT HIS NAME)

AND THEN

mCDANIELS AND ERIC STUDESVILLE

HORSEPOWER 56
03-29-2011, 04:42 PM

AND THEN

*Redskins. Bobby Turner went back to work for Shanahan in Washington (probably why Torain had a breakout year).

JR loves to blame all of our RB woes and bad decisions on Bobby Turner during the McDaniels era as if he had any real decision making power about who played RB for us under McDaniels. I'm absolutely positive that Turner decided (because JR somehow thinks it was his decision to make) that Lamont Jordan was better than Hillis and he should play over him... :rolleyes: NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Turner had prior experience and success with Hillis. There's absolutely NO WAY anyone will convince me that it was Turner's idea for Hillis not to play.

Sorry, but that was McDaniels. You'd have to have complete blinders on not to see that. There's a reason all of the old Shanahan staff still here for that year left after 2009-2010...

McDaniels was a one man show. Nobody had any say or influence under him (or over him, it's been confirmed that Xanders was a puppet and Ellis was just the guy who said yes to anything McDaniels wanted). Nolan, Dennison, and Turner all left for a reason after 2009-2010. They could all see exactly where McDaniels was taking this team in 2010-2011. They secured their futures elsewhere before McDaniels ruined them and got them all fired with him.

turftoad
03-29-2011, 04:43 PM

The same RBC that turned guys like Olandis Gary and Mike Anderson into 1000 yrd rushers. :shocked:

GEM
03-29-2011, 05:30 PM
*Redskins. Bobby Turner went back to work for Shanahan in Washington (probably why Torain had a breakout year).

JR loves to blame all of our RB woes and bad decisions on Bobby Turner during the McDaniels era as if he had any real decision making power about who played RB for us under McDaniels. I'm absolutely positive that Turner decided (because JR somehow thinks it was his decision to make) that Lamont Jordan was better than Hillis and he should play over him... :rolleyes: NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Turner had prior experience and success with Hillis. There's absolutely NO WAY anyone will convince me that it was Turner's idea for Hillis not to play.

Sorry, but that was McDaniels. You'd have to have complete blinders on not to see that. There's a reason all of the old Shanahan staff still here for that year left after 2009-2010...

McDaniels was a one man show. Nobody had any say or influence under him (or over him, it's been confirmed that Xanders was a puppet and Ellis was just the guy who said yes to anything McDaniels wanted). Nolan, Dennison, and Turner all left for a reason after 2009-2010. They could all see exactly where McDaniels was taking this team in 2010-2011. They secured their futures elsewhere before McDaniels ruined them and got them all fired with him.

Yea.....Lamont Jordon was definitely a Turner prolific type runner. :lol:

The only reason he or Maroney were here weren't because of no RB coach. Their only saving grace was that Napoleon loved him some washed up NE players.

underrated29
03-29-2011, 05:32 PM

The same RBC that turned guys like Olandis Gary and Mike Anderson into 1000 yrd rushers. :shocked:

Common denominator in both of these is--
McDANIELS!!!!

Other Common Denominators:

1.Before- Hillis was a beast and so was broncos run game.
2. Broncos run game with Mcd last
3. hillis with mcd- last
4. hillis with browns- stud
5. broncos without josh----TBA (probably stellar)

GEM
03-29-2011, 05:34 PM
Common denominator in both of these is--
McDANIELS!!!!

Other Common Denominators:

1.Before- Hillis was a beast and so was broncos run game.
2. Broncos run game with Mcd last
3. hillis with mcd- last
4. hillis with browns- stud
5. broncos without josh----TBA (probably stellar)

ZBS vs. Power OLine that no one had a clue how to run, nor the size to run it.

Lonestar
03-29-2011, 05:57 PM

AND THEN

Actually it was mikey and BT that decide he was a better full back than hillis was.

Then the next year it was Josh and BT that kept hillis off the field.
The common denominator here is BT. the guy that told the head coach who knew the weekly playbook and who did not. Who gets the reps in practie who does not.

So let's be sure who gets he bad mouth/blame and who doesn't

Lonestar
03-29-2011, 06:01 PM
And who traded Hillis?

Point moot.

We just said both made mistakes with Hillis. Do you read or do you just read what you want to read?

Not sure if I was quoting you or him.
Wait
Wait
Wait you were not in the quote.

Was trying to get clarification on what he said.

Or do YOU just read want uou want to read.

GEM
03-29-2011, 06:11 PM
Not sure if I was quoting you or him.
Wait
Wait
Wait you were not in the quote.

Was trying to get clarification on what he said.

Or do YOU just read want uou want to read.

Bullshit. You didn't ask it as a question. You made the statement about Shanahan. Backpedaling might not be good for your heart, JR. Wouldn't want another April Fools thread. :rolleyes:

Lonestar
03-29-2011, 06:13 PM
JR loves to blame all of our RB woes and bad decisions on Bobby Turner during the McDaniels era as if he had any real decision making power about who played RB for us under McDaniels. I'm absolutely positive that Turner decided (because JR somehow thinks it was his decision to make) that Lamont Jordan was better than Hillis and he should play over him... :rolleyes: NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Turner had prior experience and success with Hillis. There's absolutely NO WAY anyone will convince me that it was Turner's idea for Hillis not to play. You'd have to have complete blinders on not to see that. There's a reason all of the old Shanahan staff still here for that year left after 2009-2010...
Josh was a one man show. Nobody had any say or influence under him (or over him, it's been confirmed that Xanders was a puppet and Ellis was just the guy who said yes to anything McDaniels wanted). Nolan, Dennison, and Turner all left for a reason after 2009-2010. They could all see exactly where McDaniels was taking this team in 2010-2011. They secured their futures elsewhere before McDaniels ruined them and got them all fired with him.

Sorry had to shorten it a. Bit so I could see it on my iPhone.

There is little doubt in my mind that a condition if employment was to keep most of the O coaches. Afterall they had the #2 running game in 08. (between the 20's that is ) and p
Pat had confidence in BT and RD.

So Josh went along with it and sincebt had been calling the RB practice schedule had no reason to change it as he had enough other things on his plate.

When it became obvious that RD knew nothing about actually coaching an oline other than ZBS he had to go and I also suspect that Josh lost confidence in BT after the lack of a running game even with a touted Moreno failing to become the stud he should have been. I also suspect that more o was chosen because he got BTs endorsement. He is a clone of what BT has had in his stable since mikey came to town.

But if you do not want to follow a logical track he'll that is up to you.

Lonestar
03-29-2011, 06:17 PM
Bullshit. You didn't ask it as a question. You made the statement about Shanahan. Backpedaling might not be good for your heart, JR. Wouldn't want another April Fools thread. :rolleyes:

RIF. Just because I did not place a ? Mark after each sentence doth not make them statements.
Try again. .

GEM
03-29-2011, 06:19 PM
RIF. Just because I did not place a ? Mark after each sentence doth not make them statements.
Try again. .

Yea...I know. YOu left yourself a nice little out for when you got called on it.

GEM
03-29-2011, 06:21 PM
Sorry had to shorten it a. Bit so I could see it on my iPhone.

There is little doubt in my mind that a condition if employment was to keep most of the O coaches. Afterall they had the #2 running game in 08. (between the 20's that is ) and p
Pat had confidence in BT and RD.

So Josh went along with it and sincebt had been calling the RB practice schedule had no reason to change it as he had enough other things on his plate.

When it became obvious that RD knew nothing about actually coaching an oline other than ZBS he had to go and I also suspect that Josh lost confidence in BT after the lack of a running game even with a touted Moreno failing to become the stud he should have been. I also suspect that more o was chosen because he got BTs endorsement. He is a clone of what BT has had in his stable since mikey came to town.

But if you do not want to follow a logical track he'll that is up to you.

The logical track is that if something is working....don't **** with it. If you don't have the players to pull off the moves you want to make, wait to make the changes until you have the players you need. If you have the #2 running game, trashing the system and starting over is futile.

HORSEPOWER 56
03-29-2011, 06:45 PM
The logical track is that if something is working....don't **** with it. If you don't have the players to pull off the moves you want to make, wait to make the changes until you have the players you need. If you have the #2 running game, trashing the system and starting over is futile.

What she said. Buckhalter, Jordan, Arrington (same mistake TWICE!), and Maroney. Bobby Turner didn't make these decisions. McDaniels did. Bobby Turner didn't set the depth chart. McDaniels did. Bobby Turner didn't trade away Hillis. McDaniels did.

Stating all of that, the LOGICAL progression to me would imply that Bobby Turner didn't decide Hillis shouldn't play. MCDANIELS DID!

Lonestar
03-29-2011, 09:17 PM
Yea...I know. YOu left yourself a nice little out for when you got called on it.

I'll try this again. Hit the logout button trying to send it twice.

I do not need wiggle room. I stand behind what I say and own up to it if proven wrong. Unlike a few.

As for why he changed the scheme. He saw like anyone that cared to look that the ZBS sucked in the red zone for almost a decade. It was not effective to pick up a cricital 3rd and short.
We have lacked the brute force almost since Zim and company retired.

Why did he change and not replace players? Coming in he had the "great" OL and coach. Whom I'm sure during his interview Told Josh when asked could they convert to the PBS that they could. Probably told him that Hamilton was the wink link and we got hochstein as as insurance.
I suspect Josh knew there would be issuses but kept them all in good faith.
p
Now I hope that puts your mind to rest.

Lonestar
03-29-2011, 09:20 PM
What she said. Buckhalter, Jordan, Arrington (same mistake TWICE!), and Maroney. Bobby Turner didn't make these decisions. McDaniels did. Bobby Turner didn't set the depth chart. McDaniels did. Bobby Turner didn't trade away Hillis. McDaniels did.

Stating all of that, the LOGICAL progression to me would imply that Bobby Turner didn't decide Hillis shouldn't play. MCDANIELS DID!

Believe what you want and I will also. Time to agree to disagree.

Btw BT was not here when maroney was brought in think he was already in WAS by then.

TXBRONC
03-29-2011, 09:24 PM
Yea.....Lamont Jordon was definitely a Turner prolific type runner. :lol:

The only reason he or Maroney were here weren't because of no RB coach. Their only saving grace was that Napoleon loved him some washed up NE players.

Lamont Jordan gave us the best chance to win. :shocked:

GEM
03-29-2011, 09:53 PM

I do not need wiggle room. I stand behind what I say and own up to it if proven wrong. Unlike a few.

As for why he changed the scheme. He saw like anyone that cared to look that the ZBS sucked in the red zone for almost a decade. It was not effective to pick up a cricital 3rd and short.
We have lacked the brute force almost since Zim and company retired.

Why did he change and not replace players? Coming in he had the "great" OL and coach. Whom I'm sure during his interview Told Josh when asked could they convert to the PBS that they could. Probably told him that Hamilton was the wink link and we got hochstein as as insurance.
I suspect Josh knew there would be issuses but kept them all in good faith.
p
Now I hope that puts your mind to rest.

And the power blocking sucked all over the field, not just in the red zone.amd lets not bring up third downs cause that only helps prove my point.

GEM
03-29-2011, 09:56 PM
Believe what you want and I will also. Time to agree to disagree.

Btw BT was not here when maroney was brought in think he was already in WAS by then.

further proving that all the rb debacles weren't bobby turner. He got the hell out of dodge.

underrated29
03-29-2011, 10:13 PM
Actually it was mikey and BT that decide he was a better full back than hillis was.

Then the next year it was Josh and BT that kept hillis off the field.
The common denominator here is BT. the guy that told the head coach who knew the weekly playbook and who did not. Who gets the reps in practie who does not.

So let's be sure who gets he bad mouth/blame and who doesn't

You are right. So was shanny and BT. Larsen is a better FB then hillis. Hillis is a RB.

Lonestar
03-30-2011, 02:55 AM
You are right. So was shanny and BT. Larsen is a better FB then hillis. Hillis is a RB.

Yet neither of therm used him as such until he was the last man standing. And in BT s case did not use him the next year either.
Go figure.

Lonestar
03-30-2011, 02:56 AM
further proving that all the rb debacles weren't bobby turner. He got the hell out of dodge.

Now your just letting the hate talk. Night night.

rcsodak
03-30-2011, 03:28 PM

What was wrong with the Arrington move? He was a free agent pickup, was hurt and was released. The next year, he was healthy and traded to Phil for a starting LB. Sounds like a win to me.

GEM
03-30-2011, 03:31 PM
Now your just letting the hate talk. Night night.

So, it's hate to say that Bobby Turner all the sudden stuck his head up his ass on RB talent after a decade of turning nobodies into somebodies. :rolleyes: I think your head is so entrenched in McDaniels butt that you wouldn't admit any of his faults if they were staring at you in the face....which they are.

rcsodak
03-30-2011, 03:33 PM

I'll attest to the Logout Button's placement totally sucking in mobile. Can't tell you how many times I've hit it instead of reply.