HighPlainsBronc
10-07-2008, 07:13 PM
Team --------W L T
Denver ------ 4 1 0
San Diego --- 2 3 0
Oakland ----- 1 3 0
Kansas City - 1 4 0

Damn but it looks good.

I know, I know, there is a lot of season left to go but it is so satisfying just to look at the above while I can. :lol:

MasterShake
10-07-2008, 07:19 PM
Team --------W L T
Denver ------ 4 1 0
San Diego --- 2 3 0
Oakland ----- 1 3 0
Kansas City - 1 4 0

Damn but it looks good.

I know, I know, there is a lot of season left to go but it is so satisfying just to look at the above while I can. :lol:

I agree. Hopefully now we can stop hearing about how San Diego is "the best team not in *insert playoffs or superbowl here*". The clock is winding down on them, and our clock is just starting to tick. After a long drought with some good and some bad, I can honesty say it feels really good to be a Bronco fan right now.

shank
10-07-2008, 07:25 PM
I agree. Hopefully now we can stop hearing about how San Diego is "the best team not in *insert playoffs or superbowl here*". The clock is winding down on them, and our clock is just starting to tick. After a long drought with some good and some bad, I can honesty say it feels really good to be a Bronco fan right now.

that will never happen, because there is always a conspiracy against them.

they will always be the best team not in the superbowl/playoffs/above .500... the smartest short-bus kid, the tallest midget, the prettiest pig...

MasterShake
10-07-2008, 07:33 PM
that will never happen, because there is always a conspiracy against them.

they will always be the best team not in the superbowl/playoffs/above .500... the smartest short-bus kid, the tallest midget, the prettiest pig...

The NFL always has been and always will be a "show me" league. Unless your the Chargers, then its the "IOU League". Even the bandwagonners are having a hard time waiting around now. Back to topic. Yes, I will take a 2 game lead in the AFC West after 5 weeks. I predicted a good season, but things are looking peachy right now. All I ever hope for is a shot in the playoffs, and if the D starts to gel we could get a win or two in the postseason.

Dreadnought
10-07-2008, 07:38 PM

Shake, it is always good to be a Broncos fan. Think about it; Our version of "rebuilding" is a 9-7 season, followed by a 7-9. We have now completely retooled on the fly. For Lions/Cardinals/Bengals fans 9-7 and 7-9 means you have preordered the hilight yearbook DVD's from NFL films. We whine and claim the sky is falling.

MasterShake
10-07-2008, 07:41 PM
Shake, it is always good to be a Broncos fan. Think about it; Our version of "rebuilding" is a 9-7 season, followed by a 7-9. We have now completely retooled on the fly. For Lions/Cardinals/Bengals fans 9-7 and 7-9 means you have preordered the hilight yearbook DVD's from NFL films. We whine and claim the sky is falling.

I know it always feels good. But usually being a Bronco fan is good in that, "I'm eating chocolate" way. This season is getting close to adding "off a naked woman" to that equation. Can I post that here??

Broncos Mtnman
10-07-2008, 08:31 PM

Norv Turner's dismantling of another successful franchise is right on schedule.

Gotta love it!!

:2thumbs:

TXBRONC
10-07-2008, 09:08 PM
Team --------W L T
Denver ------ 4 1 0
San Diego --- 2 3 0
Oakland ----- 1 3 0
Kansas City - 1 4 0

Damn but it looks good.

Yes it looks very good. :beer:

MasterShake
10-07-2008, 10:27 PM
:tsk:

Oh, I'm sorry. I forgot that this was the Chiefsforums.com. No, it can't be. I have a huge grin on my face when I think about MY team....Now I'm just confused.... :D

Just kidding KC, your all right in my book!

KCL
10-07-2008, 10:28 PM
:tsk:

:banghead:

:rant:

:Cry:

KCL
10-07-2008, 10:29 PM
Oh, I'm sorry. I forgot that this was the Chiefsforums.com. No, it can't be. I have a huge grin on my face when I think about MY team....Now I'm just confused.... :D

Just kidding KC, your all right in my book!

requote me...I added some...:lol:

MasterShake
10-07-2008, 10:29 PM
requote me...I added some...:lol:

No..You've been through enough. Rest easy my dear, for it will be sunday soon. :laugh:

KCL
10-07-2008, 10:30 PM
No..You've been through enough. Rest easy my dear, for it will be sunday soon. :laugh:

And like I said earlier....no way we lose this Sunday....:D

Calif. Bronco
10-07-2008, 10:45 PM
Norv Turner's dismantling of another successful franchise is right on schedule.

Gotta love it!!

:2thumbs:

Totally agree - one of the few coaches in the NFL who could actually lose with that talent (another currrently resides in Dallas) :coffee:

scott.475
10-07-2008, 11:14 PM
True, the season is young, but for some added perspective, after 5 weeks, we have accomplished 57% of the wins we got in a full 16 games last year. That makes me smile a lot.

I know it always feels good. But usually being a Bronco fan is good in that, "I'm eating chocolate" way. This season is getting close to adding "off a kinda hot naked woman" to that equation. Can I post that here??

Fixed it...wouldn't want it to be just any naked woman, but I'm not ready to say "really hot" just yet...

WARHORSE
10-08-2008, 01:43 AM

Right now?

It ALWAYS feels good to be a BRONCO FAN.:beer:

WARHORSE
10-08-2008, 01:47 AM
And like I said earlier....no way we lose this Sunday....:D

KCLADY...............

First of all, is your avatar stating that KC is a pumpkin of a team? I like it. I like it ALOT.:coffee:

Kinda like the clock struck midnight, and your Cheevies became a pumpkin. Nice.

Second........you sure thats Tony G in your sig? Looks kinda like Michael Myers to me......... Halloween thing? :confused:

;)

topscribe
10-08-2008, 03:27 AM

I'm not sure today's Broncos fans know how good we have it. I remember
(painfully) the first few years of the franchise . . . I went through them all.
During the 1960s, the Broncos finished 3-11 twice and 2-11-1 twice more.
From the time of their first game, it would be 14 years before we could
celebrate their first winning season.

Fourteen years. Can you imagine how long of a drought that is? When the
Broncos played their very first game in Boston against the Patriots, I was a
15-year-old, snot-nosed kid with a paper route. The first time the Broncos
experienced a winning season, I was a 29-year- old father of four, insurance
agent, with a college education. My parents had gone from three kids at
home (I was the oldest) to grandparents five times over.

During all that time, only once did the Broncos even attain a .500 record,
7-7 in 1962. (We did sweep the Raiders that year, though. :D )

Yep, them was the bad old days. Is there anybody here who would like to
go through another spell like that?

-----

claymore
10-08-2008, 07:17 AM
6 Sun Oct.12 VS. JACKSONVILLE INVESCO Field at Mile High 2:05 PM MDT CBS
Mon Oct.20 at New England Gillette Stadium 8:30 PM EDT ESPN
8 BYE WEEK
9 Sun Nov. 2 VS. MIAMI INVESCO Field at Mile High 2:05 PM MST CBS
10 Thu Nov. 6 at Cleveland Cleveland Browns Stadium 8:15 PM EST NFLN
11 Sun Nov.16 at Atlanta Georgia Dome 1:00 PM EST CBS
12 Sun Nov.23 VS. OAKLAND INVESCO Field at Mile High 2:05 PM MST CBS
13 Sun Nov.30 at New York Jets Giants Stadium 1:00 PM EST CBS
14 Sun Dec. 7 VS. KANSAS CITY INVESCO Field at Mile High 2:05 PM MST CBS 15 Sun Dec.14 at Carolina Bank of America Stadium 1:00 PM EST CBS
16 Sun Dec.21 VS. BUFFALO INVESCO Field at Mile High 2:05 PM MST CBS
17 Sun Dec.28 at San Diego Qualcomm Stadium 1:15 PM PST CBS
If we win the rest of our home games we are 10-6. If we can manage a couple away wins, we are in very very good shape for the playoffs. Hopefully our Defense continues to improve.

HighPlainsBronc
10-08-2008, 10:17 AM
I'm not sure today's Broncos fans know how good we have it. < SNIP>

During all that time, (14 years) only once did the Broncos even attain a .500 record,
7-7 in 1962. (We did sweep the Raiders that year, though. :D )

Yep, them was the bad old days. Is there anybody here who would like to
go through another spell like that?

-----

Ahhh... But they were fun years. The Broncos were the doormat of the league. We knew that but never gave up on our team. We never expected much and were never disappointed.

Then towards the end of that time we got excitement with Floyd Little but everyone knew our play book. It was simple. Little right! Little left! Little up the middle! Punt! <--tongue in cheek remark.

Those were the the days. And then...... Tah-dah... The "Orange Crush" and the past was behind us. :defense:

It has been good since but sometimes I think we expect too much from our team. Perfection doesn't exist but we now demand it. I guess that is why I like looking at the standings right now. I remember the past. :salute: