PDA

View Full Version : Broncos kicker Matt Prater will be named AFC Special Teams Player of the Week

Denver Native (Carol)
10-07-2008, 06:36 PM
email received from Mania:

Broncos kicker Matt Prater will be named AFC Special Teams Player of the Week for games played during the fifth week of the 2008 season, the National Football League informed the Broncos on Tuesday.

Prater’s selection as AFC Special Teams Player of the Week marks the first such award of his two-year NFL career.

During the Broncos’ 16-13 win against Tampa Bay on Sunday, Prater made all three field goal attempts (55, 40, 27 yds.) and his lone extra point try for 10 points while recording touchbacks on four-of-five kickoffs

frauschieze
10-07-2008, 06:59 PM
Sweet! Congrats Matt. Keep up the good work!

underrated29
10-07-2008, 09:52 PM
I heard a cool story about matt on the radio today. Most of you probably saw it, for those of us whos TV was out....

We evidently were faced with a 4th down around the tampa 45 yard line. Mike sent the punting unit on the field. Matt said hey hey wait a minute, let the clock run down to the quarter, switch sides so i have the wind at my back and i will make the field goal.

So mike said, you sure you can make it huh, ok go ahead, get us the points. So mike ran the quarter out, switched sides and prater nailed the 55 yarder or whatever it was. He evidently BOOMED it as they said it would have been good from about 75 yards....

You all probably saw it, but cool story for those of us who missed it.

gnomeflinger
10-07-2008, 10:00 PM
That's my new baby! (I just adopted him). Woohoo! Go Matt!

honz
10-07-2008, 10:20 PM
That's my new baby! (I just adopted him). Woohoo! Go Matt!
Congrats! When is the shower?

AlWilsonizKING
10-07-2008, 11:04 PM
"Chucky" aka John Gruden was giving M.P. tons of props during his post game news conference!!!! I forget the exact words so I cannot say what he said but he was giving him kudos galore!

PEACE!!!

Italianmobstr7
10-08-2008, 01:55 AM
"Chucky" aka John Gruden was giving M.P. tons of props during his post game news conference!!!! I forget the exact words so I cannot say what he said but he was giving him kudos galore!

PEACE!!!

Here's his exact quote, well one of them anyways.

"Have you ever seen a kicker kick a 55-yard field goal and make it by 25 yards?" Bucs coach Jon Gruden asked afterward in astonishment. "Honestly, why work on your kickoff return when you come here? That guy was unbelievable."

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/oct/05/krieger-prater-making-name-himself/