PDA

View Full Version : Jay Cutler, #1 overall pick in 2006 redraft

vtroper
10-07-2008, 12:11 PM
Thought this was pretty cool:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/fp/flashPollResultsState?sportIndex=frontpage&pollId=61513

BroncoJoe
10-07-2008, 12:13 PM
How is Colorado not 100%?

Maybe because that means we wouldn't have got him with #11 (?)

BroncoFanatic
10-07-2008, 12:18 PM
I'm shocked that Vince Young got any votes :confused:

jrelway
10-07-2008, 01:04 PM
hell yea, the DC metro area knows what time it is.

TXBRONC
10-07-2008, 02:23 PM
I'm shocked that Vince Young got any votes :confused:

It doesn't really shock me. My guess would be that Vince got some votes because he was the quarterback of a team that went to the playoffs.

turftoad
10-07-2008, 02:26 PM
As to the thread title: No doubt about it.

MOtorboat
10-07-2008, 02:26 PM
It doesn't really shock me. My guess would be that Vince got some votes because he was the quarterback of a team that went to the playoffs.

And there's a lot of Texas fans out there...

I think Cutler's vote count would go up if they weren't doing this poll the day after Reggie Bush took two to the house, and probably should have had a third...

He's still pathetic when it comes to being an every down running back...

TXBRONC
10-07-2008, 02:33 PM
And there's a lot of Texas fans out there...

I think Cutler's vote count would go up if they weren't doing this poll the day after Reggie Bush took two to the house, and probably should have had a third...

He's still pathetic when it comes to being an every down running back...

True Bush will more than likely never be an every down running back but that was a given when he was drafted.

honz
10-07-2008, 03:16 PM
True Bush will more than likely never be an every down running back but that was a given when he was drafted.

I don't think it was a given. You don't spend the #2 pick on a punt returner and situational back. I think Bush's USC hype created too high of expectations for him...he wasn't even an every down back in college and Lenwhale White came into the game when they needed tough yards.

TXBRONC
10-07-2008, 03:43 PM
I don't think it was a given. You don't spend the #2 pick on a punt returner and situational back. I think Bush's USC hype created too high of expectations for him...he wasn't even an every down back in college and Lenwhale White came into the game when they needed tough yards.

Yes you don't draft a guy with number 2 overall pick just be a punt returner. However he was drafted for his versitility not because he could be an every down back.

silkamilkamonico
10-08-2008, 12:18 AM
The fact that Reggie Bush got more votes than Mario Williams proves that the majority of the people don't know w.t.f. they are talking about.

I'm a Bush fan,. but Mario WIlliams is a defensive line freak.

WARHORSE
10-08-2008, 01:36 AM
The thing is, if all 32 of the NFL teams had no one on their rosters, and they were about to draft............and each one were asked the question, "If we give you the number one pick, who would you take?"

Every team would select Cutler with the exception of Al Davis' Faderettes.

They would take Bush.

Northman
10-08-2008, 05:24 AM
The fact that Reggie Bush got more votes than Mario Williams proves that the majority of the people don't know w.t.f. they are talking about.

I'm a Bush fan,. but Mario WIlliams is a defensive line freak.

I was going to say that Houston really has nothing to be ashamed of. They drafted for a position of need and at that time Bush or a Qb was not in the cards. I think Jay would of been taken before Young or Leinart but i dont think it would have changed much from the team drafting #1 overall.

jrelway
10-08-2008, 08:25 PM
Houston did what they had to do. To compete with Indy, you need to beef up that D line. They made the right choice IMO. But Reggie Bush is a beast.

omac
10-09-2008, 12:27 AM
Reggie Bush is great at running to the outside and catching passes, but is seriously lacking in running between the tackles, so even if they had drafted him, they still wouldn't patch up their need at RB. Slaton seems to be doing pretty okay now, though. He isn't very big, but he's more decisive than Bush is at running up the middle.

That VY still got some votes to be the 1st player taken is ridiculous. Based on what he's shown this season, teams would be scared of picking him up in the 1st round; they'd probably risk a 3rd or 4th rounder on him, but definitely not the 1st pick in the draft. :confused:

dogfish
10-09-2008, 05:16 AM
mario williams and brandon marshall should both be ranked ahead of reggie bush. . . .

TXBRONC
10-09-2008, 08:35 AM
The reason Bush and Young went as high as they did is because they played in front of national audiences week in and week out. Their flaws as players were minimized because they played on great college teams. For that matter lets throw Matt Leinart into the mix.

At any rate, its good thing for us that Cutler played at a program that was overshadowed because otherwise he would be wearing uniform of some other team.