PDA

View Full Version : Lawrence Wilson will meet with Broncos

Denver Native (Carol)
03-23-2011, 05:03 PM
Connecticut linebacker Lawrence Wilson ran a high 4.5 to low 4.6 in the 40-yard dash at today's campus Pro Day workout where he met individually with the New York Jets, Seattle Seahawks and the Chicago Bears, according to a league source with knowledge of the situation.

Wilson has a private workout with the Jacksonville Jaguars on Thursday.

Wilson is scheduled to visit the Jaguars, Denver Broncos and the Philadelphia Eagles.

The All-Big East Conference linebacker has worked out privately for the Eagles and Jaguars previously.

Wilson led the Big East last season with 123 tackles, also recording 3 1/2 sacks with 10 1/2 tackles for losses. For his career, he recorded 449 tackles and five interceptions as he returned three for touchdowns.

He registered six tackles in the Senior Bowl.

Wilson is regarded as a classic 4-3 weakside linebacker.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=nfp-20110323_lawrence_wilson_met_with_jets_others

bcbronc
03-23-2011, 06:46 PM
I definitely see WILL as a hole in this roster. If we can address it in the third round or latern I'm on board.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

dogfish
03-23-2011, 07:31 PM
I definitely see WILL as a hole in this roster.

are you being serious?

:confused:

DJ williams, wes woodyard?

WILL's the only linebacker spot where we don't need help. . .

LTC Pain
03-23-2011, 09:35 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=nfp-20110323_lawrence_wilson_met_with_jets_others

Carol you know what round Wilson is projected to be drafted?

Denver Native (Carol)
03-23-2011, 09:46 PM
Carol you know what round Wilson is projected to be drafted?

Projected to be drafted in 2011 NFL Draft: 3rd Round, 94th Overall Pick by New York

http://www.draftsite.com/nfl/player/lawrence-wilson/3817

That's all I found

bcbronc
03-23-2011, 10:21 PM
are you being serious?

:confused:

DJ williams, wes woodyard?

WILL's the only linebacker spot where we don't need help. . .

Ya, not sold on either. DJ lacks the inner playmaker I like to see at WILL and WW yet to show heks anything more than a special teamer/situational player.

I'd rather keep DJ at MLB and see what he can do with a better DL keeping him clean. WW I'm fine with giving a shot in camp, but still feel we need another option in the mix.

I know a lot of peeps like to go back to DJ's rookie season and say thatks where heks best, but I wasn't overly impressed. *shrugs*

Lonestar
03-23-2011, 10:37 PM
DJ is not a MLB he is not the big nasty thAt you need there he is and was at his best as a will.

How anyone does not see that after being runner up as DROY is well beyond my thought process.

Elevation inc
03-25-2011, 11:01 PM
ggod prospect rd 3-4 but i think woodyard should be our WLB, he is a leader and fierce LB. and he was downright dominant there in 2008 when Dj was out and his size and skill set is perfect for WLB, i really would be fine trading DJ and getting a legit MLB, i think if Dj plays anything other than SLB or a ilb in the 3-4 for us its a waste of his skills or woodyard.....just my 2 cents....i would rather see joe mays in the middle than DJ.......and woodyard at WLB...wont be popular opinion but i dont care

Superchop 7
03-25-2011, 11:13 PM
Smokescreen.....Sturdivant is the stud.

Shananahan
03-26-2011, 02:44 AM
Ya, not sold on either. DJ lacks the inner playmaker I like to see at WILL and WW yet to show heks anything more than a special teamer/situational player.

I'd rather keep DJ at MLB and see what he can do with a better DL keeping him clean. WW I'm fine with giving a shot in camp, but still feel we need another option in the mix.

I know a lot of peeps like to go back to DJ's rookie season and say thatks where heks best, but I wasn't overly impressed. *shrugs*
You think he lacks playmaking ability for the will but you want him in the middle? All he is really good at is pursuit and the occasional blitz, and that's all he needs to do on the weakside. Putting him in the middle goes against almost all of his strengths.