PDA

View Full Version : Elizabeth Taylor Dead at 79

kcvet
03-23-2011, 08:34 AM
she was a doll. RIP Lady

Oscar winning actress Elizabeth Taylor died today at Los Angeles, Calif.'s Cedars-Sinai Hospital at the age of 79.
"She was surrounded by her children- Michael Wilding, Christopher Wilding, Liza Todd, and Maria Burton," Taylor's publicist, Sally Morrison, said in a statement.

In addition to her children, Taylor is survived by 10 grand children and four great grandchildren.

Taylor had been hospitalized six weeks ago with congestive heart failure. Though she had recently suffered a number of complications, her condition had stabilized and it was hoped that she would be able to return home.

source (http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/hollywood-icon-elizabeth-taylor-dies-79/story?id=12894882)

SR
03-23-2011, 08:53 AM
Sad.

BroncoNut
03-23-2011, 09:22 AM
pretty sad, didn't really know much about her,

OrangeHoof
03-23-2011, 10:08 AM
I always felt she was overrated as both an actress and a celebrity but was famous for her piercing blue eyes and her above average bust line, back from the days when it was harder to fake either one.

What was it, 10 marriages?

Liz and Richard Burton were *the* hot celebrity couple back in the '60s. Not even sure who you'd compare them to today.

BroncoNut
03-23-2011, 10:24 AM
I didn't know her as an actress or celebrity at all. Didn't she have a jewelry line or something? I guess I associate her for her numerous divorces the most.

topscribe
03-23-2011, 11:10 AM
One of the most beautiful women ever to grace the screen. Fabulous actress.
Her roles in the likes of National Velvet, Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, Taming of
the Shrew, Cleopatra, Butterfield 8, and Who's Afraid of Virginia Wolf? are
legendary. She starred in as many classics as anyone.

Taylor's love story with Richard Burton is epic. They loved each other dearly,
even beyond their divorce, and she went through a period of mourning when he
died.

She may have faded into history among the younger public, but she was almost
a deity in Hollywood. Long live her memory.

-----

BroncoNut
03-23-2011, 11:14 AM
One of the most beautiful women ever to grace the screen. Fabulous actress.
Her roles in the likes of National Velvet, Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, Taming of
the Shrew, Cleopatra, Butterfield 8, and Who's Afraid of Virginia Wolf? are
legendary. She starred in as many classics as anyone.

Taylor's love story with Richard Burton is epic. They loved each other dearly,
even beyond their divorce, and she went through a period of mourning when he
died.

She may have faded into history among the younger public, but she was almost
a deity in Hollywood. Long live her memory.

-----

I guess I was never that smitten with her, but she was before my time. But I think Eva Gardner was the most beautiful to ever grace the screen. I do appreciate your post

OrangeHoof
03-23-2011, 01:47 PM
Grace Kelly is the most beautiful actress to grace the screen. But that's for another thread.

atwater27
03-23-2011, 06:55 PM
I guess I was never that smitten with her, but she was before my time. But I think Eva Gardner was the most beautiful to ever grace the screen. I do appreciate your post

I'll second that. She was otherworldy. And could sing otherwordly too.

BeefStew25
03-23-2011, 11:53 PM
Liz had a itchy beaver, that much is certain.

Kapaibro
03-24-2011, 12:52 AM
She was fabulous, and devoted so much of her later life to raising awareness and research money for AIDS.

She was a great actress, and her eyes were more violet than blue.

Cat On A Hot Tin Roof is my fav of hers.

kcvet
03-24-2011, 07:42 AM
http://collider.com/wp-content/uploads/elizabeth-taylor-01-464x600.jpg

I think she was married 7 or 8 times. collecting husbands like jewelry.

TCM will run a tribute to her soon. a day or two of many of her movies

http://cache2.allpostersimages.com/p/LRG/27/2785/CJRTD00Z/posters/elizabeth-taylor.jpg

atwater27
03-24-2011, 08:20 AM
I guess if the chicks in that era didn't paint their frikking eyebrows on, they would be more appealing.

Dzone
03-24-2011, 08:23 AM
I only saw her in Giant. One of the best movies I have ever seen. They showed it at UNC at the student center on the big screen.
Giant was the last of James Dean's three films as a leading actor, and earned him his second and last Academy Award nomination – he was killed in a car accident before the film was released.

topscribe
03-24-2011, 09:46 AM
I only saw her in Giant. One of the best movies I have ever seen. They showed it at UNC at the student center on the big screen.
Giant was the last of James Dean's three films as a leading actor, and earned him his second and last Academy Award nomination – he was killed in a car accident before the film was released.

Giant is a very long movie - nearly 3½ hours - but it is one that is more
than worth seeing. It is available on Netflix, both DVD and streaming . . .

-----

BroncoNut
03-24-2011, 10:21 AM

pretty inappropriate for this thread beef.

topscribe
03-24-2011, 10:23 AM
pretty inappropriate for this thread beef.

You'll have to admit, though: It was honest and to the point.

As long as we all remember that we all have our skeletons, right?

-----

BroncoNut
03-24-2011, 12:00 PM
You'll have to admit, though: It was honest and to the point.

As long as we all remember that we all have our skeletons, right?

-----

good point top, but I just thought the post was in poor taste considering the circumstances.

Buff
03-24-2011, 01:10 PM
good point top, but I just thought the post was in poor taste considering the circumstances.

Have you ever thought about a career as a moderator?

BroncoNut
03-24-2011, 01:31 PM
Have you ever thought about a career as a moderator?

yes, i have buff. I think it would be rewarding. Remember the Assistant moderator program from the old freak? One could shadow a moderator for a period of time to see if it might be something the candidate would be interested in pursuing. I was about to apply about the time the Freak closed down. I would have loved to have worked with HD, but it was hard to get such an appointment, or so I heard

Buff
03-24-2011, 01:53 PM
yes, i have buff. I think it would be rewarding. Remember the Assistant moderator program from the old freak? One could shadow a moderator for a period of time to see if it might be something the candidate would be interested in pursuing. I was about to apply about the time the Freak closed down. I would have loved to have worked with HD, but it was hard to get such an appointment, or so I heard

Yeah, that was a good Ass Mod program. I think NTL's poor track record as a mod can be traced back to his lack of training.

BroncoNut
03-24-2011, 01:59 PM
Yeah, that was a good Ass Mod program. I think NTL's poor track record as a mod can be traced back to his lack of training.
it's like in the armed forces. Officers that were at one time enlisted tend to be better officers than those who start their military careers as commissioned officers.

I agree on NTL. He just doesn't have that edge about him like Dread, Gem, and others.

Nomad
03-24-2011, 04:17 PM

Yep! It was definitely used by multiple men!!

Liz Taylor did good for helping people with AIDS but IMO lost all credibility helping that child pedophile, Michael Jackson!!

I think Nut would make a fine Mod!! Tned said he was going to chose 2 more like 6 months ago!!

topscribe
03-24-2011, 05:06 PM
it's like in the armed forces. Officers that were at one time enlisted tend to be better officers than those who start their military careers as commissioned officers.

I agree on NTL. He just doesn't have that edge about him like Dread, Gem, and others.

GEM does get edgy once in a while. That's why I like to give her a hard time.

Also why I love her . . . :D

-----

topscribe
03-24-2011, 05:07 PM
Yep! It was definitely used by multiple men!!

Liz Taylor did good for helping people with AIDS but IMO lost all credibility helping that child pedophile, Michael Jackson!!

I think Nut would make a fine Mod!! Tned said he was going to chose 2 more like 6 months ago!!

NUT FOR MOD! NUT FOR MOD! :cheer2: