PDA

View Full Version : Colin Kaepernick to visit, workout for Broncos

RebelRocker
03-21-2011, 10:23 PM
Add one more QB to the mix

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Nevada-QB-Colin-Kaepernick-to-visit-work-out-for-Broncos.html

underrated29
03-21-2011, 10:35 PM
Urge to kill...rising

Denver Native (Carol)
03-21-2011, 10:40 PM
"Where we are with that second pick, we have to look at everything," Elway said. "Because by no means do we plan on going back there. So we are literally looking at every position inside the draft."

It should also be noted that Elway, Xanders and Fox have watched the pro day workouts of defensive tackles Marcell Dareus and Nick Fairley, linebacker Von Miller and met privately in Pompano Beach, Fla. with cornerback Patrick Peterson.

And it remains likely the Broncos, who ranked 32nd in total defense and scoring defense, will use their No. 2 pick on a defensive player.

"Our goal with that second pick is to find a player who is going to start for the next 10 years with us," Xanders said.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_17665644

RebelRocker
03-21-2011, 10:42 PM
Urge to kill...rising

Chill, man. Have a brew:beer:

Dude, do you really think we'd draft a QB this year if EXF didn't have full confidence in him to be our franchise QB? I can tell you this much, we're not going to waste a pick on a QB project or back-up. We're either drafting one of them to be the face of the franchise, or not bother at all.

That's what I think.

RebelRocker
03-21-2011, 10:46 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_17665644

I think our FO's ideal situation would be to draft an impact defensive player at #2 and draft one of the QB prospects we like in the 2nd or 3rd round, if they fall that far.

underrated29
03-21-2011, 10:50 PM
Chill, man. Have a brew:beer:

Dude, do you really think we'd draft a QB this year if EXF didn't have full confidence in him to be our franchise QB? I can tell you this much, we're not going to waste a pick on a QB project or back-up. We're either drafting one of them to be the face of the franchise, or not bother at all.

That's what I think.

I know, I am worried that they think one of these guys would be the face of the franchise and ditch our other potential face of franchise all teh while ignoring our defense.

You know, if we drafted Aj green, Mark Ingram, Pouncey, Julio Jones- I would be ok. I would be pissed to high hell if we went offense, but I can kinda see it. QB though imo is the one position that we do not need to even look at until at least the 3rd. KO, TT, quinn- is fine when you also have the 7th worst defense ever.

BORDERLINE
03-21-2011, 10:56 PM
I know, I am worried that they think one of these guys would be the face of the franchise and ditch our other potential face of franchise all teh while ignoring our defense.

You know, if we drafted Aj green, Mark Ingram, Pouncey, Julio Jones- I would be ok. I would be pissed to high hell if we went offense, but I can kinda see it

hell no!!!:mad:

defense defense defense anything else is crap i don't even care the upside of the offensive player. This defense has been overlooked for too long I would understand picking one if we would have gotten a big free agent d-linemen like Peppers. They are really wasting there time with this crap:tsk:

ikillz0mbies
03-22-2011, 12:40 AM
It's just the Broncos doing their due diligence for the draft. IMO, the earliest they'll draft an offensive player would be in the 3rd round with the first 2 rounds dedicated to defense (hopefully Dareus in the first, and my personal favorite Paea in the 2nd, don't know who they should get with that second 2nd rounder).

rcsodak
03-22-2011, 09:01 AM

You know, if we drafted Aj green, Mark Ingram, Pouncey, Julio Jones- I would be ok. I would be pissed to high hell if we went offense, but I can kinda see it. QB though imo is the one position that we do not need to even look at until at least the 3rd. KO, TT, quinn- is fine when you also have the 7th worst defense ever.

Where, in that statement by elway, say they were going to take a qb@ #2? ESPECIALLY this guy! Lol. He's the talk of the town, as there always is when some qb from BFE looks good.
He might be a good pick, 3-5. He'd be a cheap alternative to what is there now. In fact, down the road in 4yrs when he's a FA, these visits are highly beneficial.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Dzone
03-22-2011, 12:56 PM
doesnt seem like this FO cares for Tebow at all.. that sucks

rcsodak
03-22-2011, 01:01 PM
doesnt seem like this FO cares for Tebow at all.. that sucks

Lmao
Where'd they say that?

Colin isn't a top 10 player. :rolleyes:

gobroncsnv
03-22-2011, 07:34 PM
Where, in that statement by elway, say they were going to take a qb@ #2? ESPECIALLY this guy! Lol. He's the talk of the town, as there always is when some qb from BFE looks good.
He might be a good pick, 3-5. He'd be a cheap alternative to what is there now. In fact, down the road in 4yrs when he's a FA, these visits are highly beneficial.

didn't realize I was from Egypt...
Kap really improved his throwing the past couple of years, earlier in his tenure, I thought his passing game was just not at all good, but his last 2 years, really got better. Having watched him up close, and he's a great kid, who really worked on his game to expand his career possilbilities. But, just my take, he and Tebow have a similar style, seems like picking Kap would be kind of redundant, to me.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-22-2011, 07:42 PM
Just because they're talking to quarterbacks doesn't mean they're gonna draft a quarterback. They're playing the game. It's a complex game

http://twitter.com/VicLombardi/statuses/50342939410448384

rcsodak
03-22-2011, 10:39 PM
didn't realize I was from Egypt...
Kap really improved his throwing the past couple of years, earlier in his tenure, I thought his passing game was just not at all good, but his last 2 years, really got better. Having watched him up close, and he's a great kid, who really worked on his game to expand his career possilbilities. But, just my take, he and Tebow have a similar style, seems like picking Kap would be kind of redundant, to me.

Touche'. ;)

Wasn't slamming on Nevada, just the fact he's not from a Big time conference (no slight to the WAC), though he did have impressive stats and is almost a TT clone.

RebelRocker
03-23-2011, 12:58 AM
http://twitter.com/VicLombardi/statuses/50342939410448384

Ok, we get it! You don't want us to draft a QB! You don't have to troll EVERY thread about this subject. If you don't like the subject of the thread, don't read it!:D

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
03-23-2011, 01:36 AM
Touche'. ;)

Wasn't slamming on Nevada, just the fact he's not from a Big time conference (no slight to the WAC), though he did have impressive stats and is almost a TT clone.

I'm glad Colin is leaving Nevada. He's been a thorn in the side of Boise State since his freshman year. :mad:

He's not as physical as Tebow, but he is faster. He wouldn't be somebody you would be running between the tackles much at all at the next level.

He's an even less polished passer than Tebow too. I think he's definitely got a future in the NFL, but he's got a lot of work to do to get there. The offense he ran was more simple than Tebow's, IMO. He never took the snap from center when he ran the pistol.

There is absolutely no way I believe the Broncos would take him in the first two rounds.

rcsodak
03-23-2011, 07:07 AM
Ok, we get it! You don't want us to draft a QB! You don't have to troll EVERY thread about this subject. If you don't like the subject of the thread, don't read it!:D

:laugh:
Noobs are so funny

:rolleyes:

LTC Pain
03-23-2011, 08:21 AM

Same applies to you pal. If you don't like Carol's in-thread links, you don't have to read them either. :listen:

rcsodak
03-23-2011, 08:51 AM
Same applies to you pal. If you don't like Carol's in-thread links, you don't have to read them either. :listen:
XACTLY! Carol saves us from having to search all over the place for info..she's our very own link Master. Carol is invaluable.

RebelRocker
03-23-2011, 10:22 AM

I don't read her links. lol

rcsodak
03-23-2011, 10:46 AM
I don't read her links. lol
Isn't that like complaining about the price of gas, and you don't own a car?

bcbronc
03-23-2011, 11:44 AM
Isn't that like complaining about the price of gas, and you don't own a car?

Or arguing when you don't have a point.

I Eat Staples
03-23-2011, 08:22 PM
We're going to need a real franchise QB sooner or later, but by god Kaepernick is even worse of a prospect than Tebow. I wouldn't draft him in the 7th round.

RebelRocker
03-23-2011, 09:07 PM
We're going to need a real franchise QB sooner or later, but by god Kaepernick is even worse of a prospect than Tebow. I wouldn't draft him in the 7th round.

I agree. It really doesn't make any sense to draft a guy like Kaepernick or Newton since they're in the same mold as Tebow. If we're getting a QB, he's going to be more polished and not a "dual threat" kind of QB.

gobroncsnv
03-23-2011, 11:23 PM
Touche'. ;)

understood, but I do sometimes get bothered by the "conference thing" when there are many cases of teams not accepting games from the Boise States of the world, instead of accepting from like a team that they "KNOW" they can beat... Kind of takes away from the "invincibilty" factor because they can't stand the idea of a blemish on their records.
Oddly enough, I was "sort of" bummed that UNR did beat Boise, because I'd have LOVED to have seen the BCS have to deal with an unbeaten (Boise) with them at #3 at the time. I think the BCS needs to remove the C from their initials. They have just shown that they exist to protect certain conferences. Now I'm not saying that some are better competition than others, but when a school from a "lesser" conference beats a BCS school (remember OK losing to Boise in abowl a couple years back?), UNR beat an ACC team (Boston College) this year in a bowl...
In my eyes, the BCS (and those who say the "loftier" schools deserve exclusivitiy to a shot at the championship games, they their only way to legitimize this is to NEVER lose to a non-BCS team, no matter what no matter where. The NFL kind of has it right... even if you win the SB as a wild card, you get the rings. The game is played on the field, not paper.
And I know that there have been some absolutely stellar players in the league from the lessser conferences, and almost all of the worst busts ever were drafted out of a BCS league.
Kinda torn, and I do see where you're coming from, as you can get SOME idea as to how the guy,whoever it may be, piled up his stats. But, when you support a non-BCS \t,eam and some guy from anywhere in the WAC absolutely tears it up in the NFL (Clady when healthy anyone?), it does present a level of "gotcha! But I do see a similarity in Kap's game to someone else (who could that BE???) Based on that, I think we'd throw a choice away if we took him, and we just don't have extras to burn this year.

And I guess I have never considered Carol to be much of a troll, at all, and she did present a valid point from which to view an event.

Sinthor
03-24-2011, 01:22 AM
This is just all due diligence. There's no way I can see them drafting another spread offense QB, when they already have the best one (in college) of all time on the team. That is, unless they go in later rounds because they feel they need a backup prospect. In that even't I'd imagine that at least Kyle and maybe Quinn are gone by then. The biggest thing I see is that Kyle has proven he cannot and will not be a mentor and a "team guy" if he's not starting. So if that's the case, they might well think they need an additional backup. If they could get a backup that would help push the incumbent, then so much the better.

It's also just part of the game. If teams don't think the Broncos are serious and WANTING to use that #2 pick, the Broncos would have little to no leverage if they decide to try and trade down. Frankly, I just think that the whole QB draft rating game is hilarious. You have years like this one with no clearly superior or "can't miss" (whatever THAT phrase is worth) QB candidate and they still manage to generate tons of buzz for guys that probably wouldn't have been considered top 10 last year with Bradford and co. in the mix. I think it's especially silly when they do this for QB's who've had ONE good year in college and then come out (or any player for that matter). One reason I'm glad Luck didn't come out this year. Look what happened to Jake Locker. One GREAT year and then this past year he shows he's human and everyone's written him off as far as being a TOP QB prospect.

rcsodak
03-24-2011, 07:35 AM
understood, but I do sometimes get bothered by the "conference thing" when there are many cases of teams not accepting games from the Boise States of the world, instead of accepting from like a team that they "KNOW" they can beat... Kind of takes away from the "invincibilty" factor because they can't stand the idea of a blemish on their records.
Oddly enough, I was "sort of" bummed that UNR did beat Boise, because I'd have LOVED to have seen the BCS have to deal with an unbeaten (Boise) with them at #3 at the time. I think the BCS needs to remove the C from their initials. They have just shown that they exist to protect certain conferences. Now I'm not saying that some are better competition than others, but when a school from a "lesser" conference beats a BCS school (remember OK losing to Boise in abowl a couple years back?), UNR beat an ACC team (Boston College) this year in a bowl...
In my eyes, the BCS (and those who say the "loftier" schools deserve exclusivitiy to a shot at the championship games, they their only way to legitimize this is to NEVER lose to a non-BCS team, no matter what no matter where. The NFL kind of has it right... even if you win the SB as a wild card, you get the rings. The game is played on the field, not paper.
And I know that there have been some absolutely stellar players in the league from the lessser conferences, and almost all of the worst busts ever were drafted out of a BCS league.
Kinda torn, and I do see where you're coming from, as you can get SOME idea as to how the guy,whoever it may be, piled up his stats. But, when you support a non-BCS \t,eam and some guy from anywhere in the WAC absolutely tears it up in the NFL (Clady when healthy anyone?), it does present a level of "gotcha! But I do see a similarity in Kap's game to someone else (who could that BE???) Based on that, I think we'd throw a choice away if we took him, and we just don't have extras to burn this year.

And I guess I have never considered Carol to be much of a troll, at all, and she did present a valid point from which to view an event.
Don't worry....being a Sooner fan for close to 40yrs, that game scared the hell out of me. Straight up, OU wins 8/10, but BSU had NOTHING to lose and everything to gain. And they pulled so many plays from their ass, no way Stoops could have his team prepared for them. I have a buddy that lives in Nampa(?) And hasn't quit giving me shit to this day. Lol
As for CK, he'll go in the late 2nd/3rd, imo, to the likes of jax/sea/oak. He had some impressive games.