PDA

View Full Version : Pat Bowlens health a concern

turftoad
03-21-2011, 10:52 AM
An early eyebrow-raiser comes from Bart Hubbuch of the New York Post, who says that Broncos owner Pat Bowlen looks “frail and out of it.”

“His right-hand man just had to show him how to get in a car,” Hubbuch writes. “Sad.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/03/20/writer-paints-unpleasant-picture-of-pat-bowlens-health/

SR
03-21-2011, 11:06 AM
Link is dead.

turftoad
03-21-2011, 11:08 AM
It just worked for me. :confused:

SR
03-21-2011, 11:09 AM
Must be something on my end then.

LTC Pain
03-21-2011, 11:19 AM

Your end is dead :shocked::eek::confused:

Denver Native (Carol)
03-21-2011, 11:20 AM
I found the following interesting, within this link:

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos2009/ci_17661679?source=rss

Footnotes.

The Broncos' contingent here includes owner Pat Bowlen, executive board member John Bowlen, team president Joe Ellis, general counsel Richard Slivka, football operations boss John Elway, general manager Brian Xanders, Fox and media relations guru Patrick Smyth.

ALSO

Pat Bowlen was introduced as the majority owner of the Denver Broncos on March 23, 1984, and that announcement triggered a new era in franchise history. Mr. Bowlen and the Bowlen family acquired 100 percent ownership of the Broncos in July 1985, and currently his brother John Bowlen owns a minority interest in the Broncos.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/team/staff/Pat-Bowlen/166ad880-3ad2-41f7-bd00-7e27fb35a23e

I have never read where Pat's brother, has accompanied him on anything to do with NFL owners meetings before.

SR
03-21-2011, 11:32 AM
That is interesting.

Cugel
03-21-2011, 12:39 PM
The rumor mill started grinding in earnest last year, after Bowlen informed Denver Post columnist Woody Paige that his memory isn't what it used to be and that he was even having trouble recalling details of the Broncos' championship seasons in the late 1990s. Never the most accessible of NFL owners, Bowlen has granted few audiences to journalists since that exchange; his last interview was more than nine months ago.

In his last public statement around the time McDaniels was fired & Elway announced, Bowlen looked like he has Alzheimers or a serious case of senile-dementia. I know the look from my own parents and his condition seems to be rapidly deteriorating.

Of course, now that Elway is in charge of football operations instead of Joe Ellis hopefully that won't matter as much.

Bowlen should probably sell the team to some younger and more fit person, but as long as Elway does his job and Joe Ellis doesn't interfere too much the current organization could work out fine.

At least Bowlen isn't running the team the way Al Davis is. Davis has been senile for years, but his deal with Satan will keep his withered undead body going until the next Millennium. :coffee:

Denver Native (Carol)
03-21-2011, 12:41 PM
Comments in the past have been that the Broncos' ownership will stay in the Bowlen family. IMO, I believe Elway will also become part of the ownership at some point.

rcsodak
03-21-2011, 01:52 PM
Lint buildup
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Magnificent Seven
03-21-2011, 02:44 PM
I am not worrying about Broncos organization. Bowlen has great people behind him. Elway is his right-hand man. I am sure Bowlen will get healthy soon.

Superchop 7
03-24-2011, 08:12 PM
I am glad someone in the family is stepping up.

The family will probably sell after Edgar Kaiser dies.

(He has first right to purchase.....no way in hell would Pat let that happen)

Wishing Pat better days.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-24-2011, 08:26 PM
I had no idea all of these people were involved with the Broncos:

http://www.denverbroncos.com/team/staff-directory.html

And, Invesco is owned by Denver Metropolitan Football Stadium District
(Stadium Management Company), and the Broncos are the tenant

http://football.ballparks.com/NFL/DenverBroncos/newindex.htm

Lonestar
03-24-2011, 08:37 PM
Alzheimer patients do not get better, they just get worse till they die.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-24-2011, 08:40 PM
Alzheimer patients do not get better, they just get worse till they die.

Not sure if it has been confirmed that he has alzheimers.

Lonestar
03-24-2011, 08:44 PM
Not sure if it has been confirmed that he has alzheimers.

My reference to it was concerning this post.
Magnificent Seven I am not worrying about Broncos organization. Bowlen has great people behind him. Elway is his right-hand man. I am sure Bowlen will get healthy soon. .

If he does indeed have it, he is not gonna get healthy soon.

GEM
03-24-2011, 10:06 PM
If he is experiencing memory loss without having some sort of brain trauma, he is not going to get healthy. That kind of thing deteriorates. Sad to watch and read about. That is why ask the drunk comments piss me off.

Superchop 7
03-24-2011, 10:48 PM
The Pat Bowlen I have known would not have made the moves that were made the last couple of years.....what happened to the Broncos was a Joe Ellis creation.

Sooooo glad John is there.

I think it is time for the team to disclose Pats health issues, if they truly want a policy of open communication with fans, this is the test.

We are all vulnerable.

zbeg
03-25-2011, 02:11 AM
I think it is time for the team to disclose Pats health issues, if they truly want a policy of open communication with fans, this is the test.

We are all vulnerable.

We aren't entitled to the health information of Mr. Bowlen - we might feel invested as fans, but you're talking about someone's medical information, which is a pretty private thing.

Ellis and Elway are in place, so whether Bowlen's health is good or less good, I think the Broncos have taken enough steps to ensure that day-to-day operations will keep running. We don't need Bowlen's medical data.

Dzone
03-25-2011, 09:15 AM
I hope he doesnt have Alzheimers but there are some signs. He has a very flat affect to his face lately. Even when he was smiling with fox and elway, his facial expression looked incongruous to the old pat bowlen.
Gods speed to Pat Bowlen.
I think the latest stat had that 50% of all people will end up with Alzheimers if they live past something like 75. It could be one of the degenerative diseases that could bankrupt the country. Along with arthritis and Diabetes. I dont think they have identified a clear cause for alzheimers. At one time they were saying alzheimers brains had more aluminum.One of the latest theories I have heard postulated is that alzheimers is linked to high copper levels from municipal water supplies and the copper pipes. The only way to get the copper out is through reverse osmosis water filters on your sink. It has been advised that vitamin companies are starting to take copper out of multi vitimin pills. So there is a big concern for too much copper right now.

Superchop 7
03-25-2011, 09:59 PM
Stem cell is the way.......