PDA

View Full Version : Scheffler doubtful for next week, Broncos to sign Mustard in his absence

honz
10-06-2008, 02:14 PM
Who will be this year's Chad Mustard? Well, apparently it will be Chad Mustard.

It looks like Scheff will be out for our game against Jacksonville with a groin injury and the Broncos are going to sign Mustard in Scheff's absence. I assume we will see Jackson take over Scheff's role and Mustard probably won't see the field except for in maybe short yardage or goal line situations.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcwest/0-3-387/With-Scheffler-hurt--Broncos-plan-to-add-Mustard.html

With Tony Scheffler being injured Sunday, the Broncos are expected to re-sign tight end Chad Mustard this week. Scheffler suffered a left groin injury in Denver's 16-13 win over Tampa Bay on Sunday.

Mustard has been with Denver on and off for the past season. He is more of a blocking tight end. With Mustard coming in, the Broncos will have to release a player from the 53-man roster.

It is not known at this point how long Scheffler will be out. Scheffler told reporters in Denver's locker room today he doesn't believe the injury is overly serious. But he did say he doesn't think he will play against visiting Jacksonville on Sunday.

honz
10-06-2008, 02:22 PM
Also, I wonder who the Broncos will release in order to make room for the Mustard? A LB methinks...maybe Louis Green?

frauschieze
10-06-2008, 02:40 PM
Have they put in a revolving door in especially for Mustard yet?

OB
10-06-2008, 02:45 PM
I thought we decided mayo was the way to go :confused:

:D

frauschieze
10-06-2008, 02:47 PM
I thought we decided mayo was the way to go :confused:

:D

Next year. :D

I would LMAO if we had Mustard and Mayo on the same team. Especially if we resigned The Circus Kircus again.

LordTrychon
10-06-2008, 03:10 PM
How long till we cut the Mustard again?

OB
10-06-2008, 03:13 PM

Should we start a pool

I have 10 minutes after scheff gets the ok from the docs

dogfish
10-06-2008, 03:27 PM

probably depends on who we cut to make room for him. . . with the injury history all three of our TEs have, they might decide that it just makes more sense to hang onto mustard. . .

Denver Native (Carol)
10-06-2008, 03:41 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/ci_10652224?source=rss

Broncos re-add Mustard to ranks

The Broncos on Monday re-signed tight end Chad Mustard and released offensive lineman Dylan Gandy.

Mustard played for the Broncos in 2006 and 2007 and was among the team's final cuts after the preseason.

Dortoh
10-06-2008, 03:43 PM
I'm a big fan of players like Mustard myself. Sure he is not heading to the pro bowl but he can play more then one position and actually has pretty good hands.

NameUsedBefore
10-06-2008, 04:23 PM
I give Mustard 3 days.

ApaOps5
10-06-2008, 04:46 PM
Dylan Gandy has become the anti-mustard. As in he goes when mustard comes and vice versa.

Dortoh
10-06-2008, 04:56 PM
Dylan Gandy has become the anti-mustard. As in he goes when mustard comes and vice versa.

With the injurys around the league Gandy will have a new home by wednesday. My $ is on Indy

BCJ
10-06-2008, 05:26 PM
Why does Mustard even pack his crap to leave the locker room. Just plastic wrap it up when he gets cut so it is all ready for him when he resigns. How many times is this, 12?

weazel
10-06-2008, 05:51 PM
the good thing is the gameplan hasn't changed much, so it wont take long for Mustard to ketchup.

ZING!
:tsk:

ApaOps5
10-06-2008, 07:02 PM
With the injurys around the league Gandy will have a new home by wednesday. My $ is on Indy

Well the last 2 times he was cut Gandy sat on the shelf. I expect him to continue to sit until Mustard becomes expendable again.

Dortoh
10-06-2008, 07:27 PM
Well the last 2 times he was cut Gandy sat on the shelf. I expect him to continue to sit until Mustard becomes expendable again.

hater:tsk:

Cutler6MVP
10-07-2008, 06:39 PM
Scheffler does not have a sports hernia. How long he is out is unknown though. Somewhat good news.

Broncogator
10-07-2008, 06:57 PM
I need a Chad Mustard jersey, at least it won't go bad like some of my other jerseys..:tsk:

topscribe
10-08-2008, 01:00 PM
Shanahan in his presser today, said Fast Eddie should practice tomorrow and be ready to go for the game!! http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/throckon.gif

Just said that a couple minutes ago!!

-----

NightTrainLayne
10-08-2008, 01:01 PM
Shanahan in his presser today, said Fast Eddie should practice tomorrow and be ready to go for the game!! http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/throckon.gif

Just said that a couple minutes ago!!

-----

:woot:

Rex
10-08-2008, 01:04 PM
:woot:

Not really your style NTL.;)

topscribe
10-08-2008, 01:08 PM
To fill you in on the rest of the news from Shanny's presser, Scheffler and
Young are out for this game, but he said they both should be back for the
Monday night game.

Of course, they both have groin pulls, but Royal's injury turned out to be only
a bone bruise, as I understood it. This is really good news.

-----

dogfish
10-08-2008, 01:22 PM
To fill you in on the rest of the news from Shanny's presser, Scheffler and
Young are out for this game, but he said they both should be back for the
Monday night game.

Of course, they both have groin pulls, but Royal's injury turned out to be only
a bone bruise, as I understood it. This is really good news.

-----

hunh, i didn't realize young was hurt. . . . :huh:

oh well, i feel pretty confident that there won't be any dropoff with hall and pittman. . . .