PDA

View Full Version : Colorado (NIT progress)

Northman
03-19-2011, 12:47 PM
Since the Buffs got wrongly left out of the main tourney ive felt it necessary to watch and see how the rest of their season goes in the NIT. Thus far they have not disappointed with their #1 seeding and have pretty much owned their first 2 round opponents. As i look at the other #1 seeds i really dont see anyone who can beat them. Maybe VaTech but even that is a stretch so really the only way i see CU losing is if they dont come to play. If they keep playing like they have i think they route the NIT pretty easily.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-19-2011, 01:14 PM
Not sure who the announcers were who did the game last night, but one of them said they expect Colorado to win the NIT. I hope he is right.

Also heard, when someone was talking about CU being left out of the NCAA, that when the field was expanded, part of that was they had to include more non BCS schools.

BeefStew25
03-20-2011, 12:15 AM
325th non con. Pathetic.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-22-2011, 10:01 PM
CU going to the Big Apple :elefant: :elefant: :elefant:

Nomad
03-28-2011, 04:09 PM
CU going to the Big Apple :elefant: :elefant: :elefant:

Though I don't follow their basketball (mainly football and some baseball)......I noticed WAZZU is playing Wichita State tomorrow night in the NIT Final 4! I'll have to tune in to the games tomorrow!!

Northman
03-28-2011, 04:14 PM
Though I don't follow their basketball (mainly football and some baseball)......I noticed WAZZU is playing Wichita State tomorrow night in the NIT Final 4! I'll have to tune in to the games tomorrow!!

Not sure about that Nom, at least according to here.

#1 Colorado vs #1 Alabama - 7 or 9 pm ET
#4 Wichita State vs #2 Washington State - 7 or 9 pm ET

http://www.collegesports-fans.com/ncaa-tournament/nit-basketball-tournament.html

Northman
03-28-2011, 04:15 PM
Nevermind, i thought you were talking about Mizzou. lmao

rcsodak
03-28-2011, 05:10 PM
Nevermind, i thought you were talking about Mizzou. lmaowazzou≠Mizzou
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Nomad
03-29-2011, 07:49 PM
WOW!:shocked: WAZZU getting smoked!

It'll be Bama/Buffs vs Wichita St!!

Buff
03-29-2011, 07:57 PM
Go Buffs!

Denver Native (Carol)
03-29-2011, 08:08 PM
NEW YORK — Don't look for former Colorado star Chauncey Billups anywhere close to CU's bench tonight for the NIT semifinals with Alabama.

The former Denver Nugget reluctantly turned N.Y. Knick will be at the game but doesn't want to be a distraction when his alma mater takes the floor at Madison Square Garden. Billups wants to stay anonymous as a spectator in his new home.

He'll add to the number of CU supporters with his parents, wife and kids in town. Billups won't be giving CU players a pregame speech, though he's a big fan of the direction coach Tad Boyle has taken the Buffs.

"It's been awesome. I think Tad, in his first year, has been as good as you possibly can be as a coach, taking over other players," Billups said. "He's lucky to have guys like Alec (Burks) and Cory (Higgins.) Those are guys who just want to win and play hard. I'm proud of the whole team."

full article - http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_17724938

Buff
03-29-2011, 10:28 PM
Just had way too many dumb turnovers and empty possessions. Burks could have gotten a better shot at the end. Didn't deserve to win.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-29-2011, 10:29 PM
Just had way too many dumb turnovers and empty possessions. Burks could have gotten a better shot at the end. Didn't deserve to win.

He should have drove to the basket - DARNIT

Northman
03-30-2011, 04:46 AM
Without looking at the scoreboard i take it CU went down to Bama? Unfortuante but a good run none the less. I still think they deserved to be in the main tourney this year but thats how the cookie crumbles i guess.

BroncoJoe
03-30-2011, 08:45 AM

Once Green fouled out, I thought we really had a shot. That foul at the end was simply STUPID. I don't get the coaches call on that one, considering it reset their shot clock.