PDA

View Full Version : game plan the jags

Dortoh
10-06-2008, 02:06 AM
Play coach

On O I let Jay loose big time. The jags wont be planning on letting our run game get going. The wr's should be huge in this game (hope Royal is a go) either way pass pass pass

on D I would be surprised if they dont try and knock our ass off the ball and pound the rock. Run blitz early and often. then again after our aggresive D play calling today they would be very smart to have some screen plays worked up.

what is your call

Italianmobstr7
10-06-2008, 02:18 AM
On O we play the Jags like we did the Chargers. Spread them out, and let Jay wing it.

On D. Spy Garrard on every play, and play contain. Load up to stop the run cuz they have no WR's that scare us. We don't want a repeat of last year where they just run down our throat at will and eat up all the clock. Our offense can't score if our D can't get off the field. Defense will be huge in this game. They will really have to tighten up and not let Garrard run. Last year he killed us with qb draws, and running on broken plays. We need a guy watching him at all times. We need good play calling like we had today. Run blitz, and blitz the passer, but make sure someone is containing. I hate that we run so much zone. I really hope that we start to man up more often, because whoever Champ is on is taken care of, which means we can put safeties over the top of the other WR's or the TE. But sunday our main game plan needs to be stop the run, stop the run, stop the run, whether it be Garrard, Taylor or Jones-Drew.

WhatEver!!!
10-06-2008, 07:19 AM
I do not believe anyone is scared of our run offense. I consider both our running backs as #2 backs. They are both good change-of-pace backs but not a #1 back. Pittman is more a #1 than Young and Hall. So I see them daring us to put the ball in the air. Dropping 7-8 back on most downs.

On Defense I hope they take-it-to-uhm like we did against TB. Woohoo. I loved it. Blitzing finally. I could careless if they make a big play or two; which TB did, if we hit the QB constantly. We need to take away to two headed monster of Jones and Taylor with run blitzes. Keep an eye on Gerrard, like Mobstr7 stated as-well-as play man to man some more. If I have my information correct TB threw the ball Champ's way less that 1 time; thats 0... That means we can double cover the second WR or TE. Then just go after the Jags Oline with multiple blitzes. Gerrard does not scare me when he throws the ball at all

BroncoJoe
10-06-2008, 09:41 AM
I loved our win yesterday, but after watching the Jags last night, this game has me pretty nervous. Thank God it's here...

LRtagger
10-06-2008, 10:19 AM
On O we play the Jags like we did the Chargers. Spread them out, and let Jay wing it.

On D. Spy Garrard on every play, and play contain. Load up to stop the run cuz they have no WR's that scare us. We don't want a repeat of last year where they just run down our throat at will and eat up all the clock. Our offense can't score if our D can't get off the field. Defense will be huge in this game. They will really have to tighten up and not let Garrard run. Last year he killed us with qb draws, and running on broken plays. We need a guy watching him at all times. We need good play calling like we had today. Run blitz, and blitz the passer, but make sure someone is containing. I hate that we run so much zone. I really hope that we start to man up more often, because whoever Champ is on is taken care of, which means we can put safeties over the top of the other WR's or the TE. But sunday our main game plan needs to be stop the run, stop the run, stop the run, whether it be Garrard, Taylor or Jones-Drew.

I couldn't agree more. We need a spy on Garrard and IMO we also need a man on the RB at all times. Overall we need to be aggresive, but disciplined in that we dont overpursue. I think the scariest thing about this game is our DE's getting too far upfield and our LBs either blitzing or dropping back in coverage leaving the field wide open for Garrard to run wild on us which I think is his biggest strength. We did a good job on Garcia considering we probably gameplanned for Greise, but he still did manage to make a couple plays with his feet on that last drive.

We definitely need someone mirroring Garrard at all times. I guess it would be Webster?

I think if we mix up our looks on D, contain Garrard and don't turn he ball over, we will win this game. Our O is a lot better than Pitt's, so I think we should be able to put up points on their D.

Broncolingus
10-06-2008, 10:27 AM
Punch them in the FRIGGIN MOUTH for 60-mins…no finesse in this one.

Unless the offense and defense plays as much (or more) physical, we lose this game…

Sounds stupid, but if Denver’s defense let’s the Jags get into an Offensive rhythm of ANY kind (ala KC) – Denver is done. No way we’ll be able to match…

Jag’s are injured right now, although that didn’t help us against the other ‘injured’ teams we played this year…

Bottom line, if Denver wants to win this game – they’ll have to win the physical battles in the trenches…

broncofanatic1987
10-06-2008, 11:42 AM
Offensively I think the Broncos are going to throw the ball down field more than they did against the Bucs. I don't think the Jaguars play the cover 2, so there should be more opportunities to make the big throws. They will have to run the ball. Hillis should be back for this game so that will help.

The defense will have to step up big in defending the run. They gave up more than 6 yards per carry to the Bucs' running backs. That's not going to fly against the Jags. This is a game where maybe the Broncos' best defense will be their offense. The offense will need to establish ball control to keep the defense off the field as much as possible and to limit the Jaguars' opportunities with the ball. When the defense is on the field, they need to commit all out to stopping the run and getting pressure on Garrard with blitzes. They will risk giving up the big plays but they have an offense that's capable of winning a shootout.

D1g1tal j1m
10-06-2008, 01:16 PM
I don't know how much we can play the spread offense without Royal and Sheff in the game. I think we will be pounding the rock more with Pittman.

Doom looked good against TB and may be rounding the corner after getting his thumb (and hands) healthy. And a little more blitzing from the LB's to get in Gerrard's face.

It may be another low scoring slug-fest.

underrated29
10-06-2008, 04:38 PM
We still should be able to spread if we wanted too. Djax hopefully will return, if not glenny boy can get the job done as #3, as i suspect stokely will move to #2 if Djax cant go.... Then there is still nate jackson who is relatively similiar to scheff.

if we want to spread it out i think we should be good to go. I want to see us run some deep crossing patterns. i was right about the screens last week, this week i see some "trick type" plays coming in.

but some 15-25 yards crossing patterns. Too deep for the LBs to pick off jay, and you know brandon will draw the saftey over with him, should leave 1 on 1 available for our other wr. Jay can beat a 1 on 1 easily......Get some deep middle of the field working, throw in a wr screen or two to marshall once they start to play off 7-10 yards. Bam the run game is now open and in business.... I would also like to see us take atleast 1 shot per qtr on a streaker for the glory (only in 1 on 1 coverage though).

Thats how i would beat the jags. Spread em out. have the wr go deep crossing patterns, the te do a short drag and the RB open in the flats. We can beat them long, or chip away at them in shorter chunks. Either way, get them backpeddling and get them tired. Keep their offense off the field, whilst ours gets into back into a high gear. Once we start we cant be stopped.

i wouldt be surprised from our back of tricks to see maybe, the jay cutler option again, a pa double boot, a reverse marshall throwing option, or a flea flicker... Once again i could be wrong, but it seems to me like this might be one of the times to once again mix up our playbook, and also throw in some tricks to really keep teams guessing.

ApaOps5
10-06-2008, 04:45 PM
Game Plan

Score more points than the Jags.

That is all......

Its either a genius game plan or pathetic. In rare cases it comes out as a wash as both score the same points.

I have forwarded this game plan to Shanny several times.

Nomad
10-07-2008, 06:47 AM
Game Plan

Score more points than the Jags.

That is all......

Its either a genius game plan or pathetic. In rare cases it comes out as a wash as both score the same points.

I have forwarded this game plan to Shanny several times.

Good plan!

Another tough game for the BRONCOS! This game is a hard pick. Jags always show up to play the BRONCOS and this game could go either way. Another nailbiter, 9798!!! Wouldn't be surprised with a BRONCOS loss!!

BRONCOS 20
Jags 17

anton...
10-07-2008, 08:03 AM
Gameplan:

Win