Come on you know who you are get your crow here....man up

I think I called 2 losses due to our kickers. :rolleyes:

Dortoh
10-05-2008, 11:24 PM
4 for 4 at 50+ are you kidding me

give the kid some love

Italianmobstr7
10-05-2008, 11:25 PM
I had faith all along. I mean, I thought he'd be okay, but not this good. Dude has a serious leg. Maybe Shanny knows what he's doing after all eh?

Northman
10-05-2008, 11:30 PM
I knew Prater would be good. Ive been teaching leg strength all off season. By the way, any one see my awesome punt late in the game? Yea, that was me only they keep getting my name wrong on my jersey. Keep calling me Kern for some odd reason. Makes me sound like an ear of corn or something.

Dortoh
10-05-2008, 11:35 PM
I knew Prater would be good. Ive been teaching leg strength all off season. By the way, any one see my awesome punt late in the game? Yea, that was me only they keep getting my name wrong on my jersey. Keep calling me Kern for some odd reason. Makes me sound like an ear of corn or something.

1st I knew you would win the job all the way back in June.

2nd more importantly who is that in your aviatar? :eek:

Benetto
10-05-2008, 11:38 PM
Too soon to trust Prater for me...Sure he's kicked some doozies, but its only 5 games in...Lets see how he does with pressure.

omac
10-05-2008, 11:40 PM
I had faith all along. I mean, I thought he'd be okay, but not this good. Dude has a serious leg. Maybe Shanny knows what he's doing after all eh?

After watching him during the preseason, I didn't have any doubts that he'd be good. I assumed he'd make some mistakes early on before hitting his stride, but nope, he's been clutch from the get-go. :beer:

Dortoh
10-05-2008, 11:43 PM
I'm not going to start a new thread but chucky.....errr john gruden just gave mad props to the Broncos

omac
10-05-2008, 11:43 PM
Too soon to trust Prater for me...Sure he's kicked some doozies, but its only 5 games in...Lets see how he does with pressure.

He has been kicking under pressure. With the low scoring on this latest game, he'd have to know that each FG counts.

Italianmobstr7
10-05-2008, 11:45 PM
I'm not going to start a new thread but chucky.....errr john gruden just gave mad props to the Broncos

what did he say?

Benetto
10-05-2008, 11:45 PM
He has been kicking under pressure. With the low scoring on this latest game, he'd have to know that each FG counts.

I'm talkin like Playoffs, game is on the line type pressure...

omac
10-05-2008, 11:46 PM

give the kid some love

Don't forget all those touchbacks from his kickoffs.

His length in FGs is an upgrade over Elam, and his distance in kickoffs is an upgrade over Sauerbrun. 2 for the price of 1, great value! :salute:

Dortoh
10-05-2008, 11:48 PM
what did he say?

something to the effect of "they played their butts off" "hard team to beat at home" "pressure on the qb" "solid ST's play" nothing crazy but pure respect for sure.

Benetto
10-05-2008, 11:49 PM

give the kid some love

were all 4 of those at home?

Dortoh
10-05-2008, 11:50 PM
were all 4 of those at home?

I dont think so....someone ??? I think atleast one was in KC

Northman
10-05-2008, 11:51 PM
1st I knew you would win the job all the way back in June.

2nd more importantly who is that in your aviatar? :eek:

The very lovely Monica Sweetheart. :D

Dortoh
10-05-2008, 11:52 PM
The very lovely Monica Sweetheart. :D

well thanks now I cant sleep :laugh:

I'm in lust yet again :coffee:

Northman
10-05-2008, 11:53 PM

I like Gruden. I hated the fact that he was coaching the Raiders and was totally relieved when he left and beat his former team/owner to get a National Championship. Biggest slap in the face to the crypt keeper if there ever was one. :lol:

BroncoWave
10-06-2008, 12:01 AM
I like Gruden. I hated the fact that he was coaching the Raiders and was totally relieved when he left and beat his former team/owner to get a National Championship. Biggest slap in the face to the crypt keeper if there ever was one. :lol:

Gruden coached college football? :confused:

:D

Timmy!
10-06-2008, 12:04 AM
Guy has been clutch. No crow for me though, I'm crow free so far this season. Then again, I still have indigestion after the Gold crow from last year.....

Dortoh
10-06-2008, 12:05 AM

:confused: I didnt even catch that

John will have that team back at the dance within a couple years mark it down :coffee:

Northman
10-06-2008, 12:07 AM

Smart ass. :tsk::lol:

honz
10-06-2008, 12:23 AM
Elam was great, but his best years are behind him. It looks like we may have another franchise kicker as long as he's got the cajones to knock 'em through when the game is on the line. I was loving his kickoffs today too!

Sassy
10-06-2008, 12:28 AM
STG needs to stop by this thread :D

Dortoh
10-06-2008, 12:32 AM
LMAO you can high five yourself Bwahahaha

Dortoh
10-06-2008, 12:33 AM
STG needs to stop by this thread :D

STG is my adopt a bronco..........she brings it :salute:

Sassy
10-06-2008, 12:41 AM
During the diego game...when matt made a 50 plus yarder...she was texting me about Prater! LOL!

Shazam!
10-06-2008, 12:44 AM
Prater turned out to be awesome. It's not like it would've been too far-fetched to say the Broncos would miss their kicker of almost 18 years. Don't kick yourself to hard!

I'm glad though too he turned out ok. Bad enough we all have to worried about D.

I've been teaching leg strength all off season...

What do you do, a personal trainer or something?

Dortoh
10-06-2008, 12:49 AM
I work down at the pizza pit
And I drive an old Hyundai
I still live with my mom and dad
I'm 5'3 and overweight

I'm a sci-fi fanatic
Mild astmatic
Never been to 2nd base
But there's a whole another me
That you need to see
Go check out Myspace

'cause online I'm down in hollywood
I'm 6'5 and I look damn good
I drive a Maserati
I'm a black belt in Karate
And love a good glass of wine

It turns girls on that I'm mysterious
I tell'em I dont want nothing serious
'cause even on a slow day I can have a three way
Chat with two woman at one time

I'm so much cooler online
So much cooler online

I get home, I kiss my mom
And she fixes me a snack
I head down to my basement bedroom
And fire up the Mac

In real life, the only time I
Ever been to LA
Was when I got the chance with the marching band
To play tuba in the Rose parade

Online I live in Malibu
I posed for Calvin Kline, I'be been in GQ
I'm single and I'm rich
And I got a set of six pack abs that'll blow your mind

It turns girls on that I'm mysterious
I tell'em I dont want nothing serious
'cause even on a slow day I can have a three way
Chat with two woman at one time

I'm so much cooler online
So much cooler online

When you got my kinda stacks, its hard to get a date
Let alone a real girlfriend
But I grow another foot
And I lose a bunch of weight every time I log in

Brad Paisly

Bwahahaha

Northman
10-06-2008, 12:50 AM
Prater turned out to be awesome. It's not like it would've been too far-fetched to say the Broncos would miss their kicker of almost 18 years. Don't kick yourself to hard!

I'm glad though too he turned out ok. Bad enough we all have to worried about D.

Yea man, i keep Matt from eating the jelly donuts in the morning workouts. :D

Davii
10-06-2008, 12:58 AM

He's our punter man, did a pretty good job today....

Dreadnought
10-06-2008, 08:07 AM
I thought Shanny was making a mistake letting Prater attempt that 55 yarder yesterday. I was sure we were going to be giving the Bucs the ball near the 45. Shows what I know. Shows that Shanahan has a ton of faith in the kid, too. This wasn't a :03 on the clock in the second quarter long range kick here, and there was a big downside to a miss.

BroncoJoe
10-06-2008, 08:44 AM
From the Rocky Mountain News:

"Usually every Wednesday when we're doing field goals, we always do a 65, 68, somewhere around there, and he makes them most of the time," said punter Brett Kern, Prater's holder.

With the Broncos trailing 3-0 Sunday, Mike Shanahan sent him out to try a 55-yarder on the first play of the second quarter.

"When he's got a 55-, 56-yarder, you know it has nothing to do with the distance," Shanahan said. "He's going to have the distance. You're just hoping that he has the accuracy. He's been very consistent in practice and that's why you give him the opportunity in the games."

On field-goal attempts from beyond 50 yards, the big question is usually whether the ball will reach the crossbar.

When Prater's kick soared between the top of the uprights, almost 30 feet above the crossbar, it caused double takes even among the jaded wretches in the press box. The kick would have been good from 70. At least.

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/oct/05/krieger-prater-making-name-himself/

BroncoJoe
10-06-2008, 08:55 AM
Interesting from the Post:

If not for some heads-up foresight by kicker Matt Prater, his 55-yard field goal never would have happened.

On the final play of the first quarter, the Broncos completed a third-down pass for 7 yards when they needed 14 for the first down. The ball was on the Bucs' 37-yard line. Too far to risk bad field position with a missed field goal.

Broncos coach Mike Shanahan and special teams coach Scott O'Brien talked it over. They were about to make the safe choice. That's when Prater had an idea.

"They were actually going to punt," Prater said. "I went out on the field and I said, 'Coach, let the clock run out and we'll have the wind. I'll just have to keep it straight and I'll just get it there.' "

The first-quarter clock elapsed. Shanahan took a look at the flags blowing. He let Prater kick with the wind. He made it easily. The field goal that almost never was attempted became the difference.
"Coach made the decision," said Prater, who was 3-for-3 in field goals and 4-of-5 in kickoff touchbacks. "To get that opportunity was awesome."

Prater impressed Bucs coach Jon Gruden.

"Have you ever seen a kicker kick a 55-yard field goal and make it by 25 yards? Why work on your kickoff return when you come here?" Gruden said. "That guy was unbelievable. I can't say enough about it."

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_10646516

Northman
10-06-2008, 09:09 AM
I thought Shanny was making a mistake letting Prater attempt that 55 yarder yesterday. I was sure we were going to be giving the Bucs the ball near the 45. Shows what I know. Shows that Shanahan has a ton of faith in the kid, too. This wasn't a :03 on the clock in the second quarter long range kick here, and there was a big downside to a miss.

I think Shanahan has shown a lot of faith in a lot of these young guys. That FG, the 2 point conversion against the Chargers, and that first down pass to Shef late in the game yesterday to eat the clock just shows me he has a lot of confidence in this team which i like.

MOtorboat
10-06-2008, 09:16 AM
I'll eat my crow. Can I get some hot sauce or something?

LRtagger
10-06-2008, 09:55 AM
I was high on Prater and didnt think losing Elam would hurt us. *SWISH*

But just wait until he misses ONE critical FG...even if it's his only miss the rest of the season and people will start calling for his head again and saying if we had Elam we would win the SB. :tsk:

MOtorboat
10-06-2008, 09:59 AM
I was high on Prater and didnt think losing Elam would hurt us. *SWISH*

But just wait until he misses ONE critical FG...even if it's his only miss the rest of the season and people will start calling for his head again and saying if we had Elam we would win the SB. :tsk:

He did miss a pretty important one against Kansas City...

Broncolingus
10-06-2008, 10:04 AM

Took the words right out of my mouth...although, he has looked good I'll admit.

As much as I've liked the FGs (and I am), I'm enjoying also the fact Denver is actually kicking the ball into the endzone on kickoffs...something that had seemed to wave bye-bye to us a long time ago.

...lets see how he does after a 16-game season with a few pressure kicks.

LRtagger
10-06-2008, 10:10 AM

Touche, although I was thinking critical like some of the kicks Elam made to begin the season last year.

Thnikkaman
10-06-2008, 10:16 AM
I have read somewhere that they are going to let Prater go for the distance record this year.

REB
10-06-2008, 10:49 AM
I was one of the "were going to be sorry about Elam" peeps

this kid is going to have a long career

Come on you know who you are get your crow here....man up

I think I called 2 losses due to our kickers. :rolleyes:

http://i.b5z.net/i/u/378672/i/1843fs.jpg

;)

OMorange&blue
10-06-2008, 11:15 AM
nom nom nom...mmmmm crow...nom nom nom

studbucket
10-06-2008, 11:21 AM
One thing that has really impressed me is the hang time on his kickoffs. He really gets underneath them, so even when it's not a touchback, our coverage team is at the 25 yard line when the returner catches the ball. I think that really helps out.

Also, did everyone see the look on Gruden's face after Prater made the 55 yarder? He was like 'WTF?'; absolutely stunned; that was the funniest moment of the NFL weekend for me.

BroncoJoe
10-06-2008, 11:27 AM
Also, did everyone see the look on Gruden's face after Prater made the 55 yarder? He was like 'WTF?'; absolutely stunned; that was the funniest moment of the NFL weekend for me.

It was the third funniest for me.

After the Chiefs and Chargers games!

BCJ
10-06-2008, 05:29 PM

I saw no problem in the attempt as he made 2 50 yarders in KC. 55 in Denver is a breeze compared to that. He has yet to prove himself with a game winner but that is my only concern. Right now he is making all but one and that gives us the opportunity not to have that worry at the end of the game. The other teams are trying to catch us, not the other way around.

studbucket
10-07-2008, 07:33 AM
I have read somewhere that they are going to let Prater go for the distance record this year.

I found that here: http://www.kffl.com/player/14659/nfl

Bill Williamson, of ESPN.com, reports Denver Broncos PK Matt Prater said he is expected to attempt a 64-yard field goal this season, which would be a league record. "We are going to try it this year," Prater said. "My coaches told me we are going to do it when we get the chance. I think I can do it."

Interesting and cool IMO.

NightTrainLayne
10-07-2008, 08:59 AM
I found that here: http://www.kffl.com/player/14659/nfl

Interesting and cool IMO.

That's great, but it's one of those things where everything has to fall into place perfectly. It's got to be the end of the half, or the end of the game, with the wind cooperating (at least not against him), etc. etc.

If there's still time on the clock they're not going to stop moving the ball just to let him have a go at it.

He'll be lucky to get the opportunity even if the coaches are comfortable with it.

I hope he does, it would be cool to have it broken again, but some luck will be involved just to get the opportunity.

BroncoJoe
10-08-2008, 09:49 AM
From the Rocky Mountain News:

Broncos kicker Matt Prater will be chosen the AFC's Special Teams Player of the Week for his performance Sunday against the Buccaneers. In the Broncos' 16-13 win, Prater went 3-for-3 on field-goal attempts, including a 55-yarder that was his fourth field goal of at least 50 yards this season, one short of the team's single-season record. Prater also had four touchbacks on kickoffs, giving him 11 for the season. . . .

claymore
10-08-2008, 10:03 AM
I like Prater, I told you guys from the begining that he was going to be a star. :coffee:

BroncoJoe
10-08-2008, 10:23 AM
I like Prater, I told you guys from the begining that he was going to be a star. :coffee:

:coffee: !

LRtagger
10-08-2008, 10:32 AM

I bet your favorite singer is Sheryl Crow

claymore
10-08-2008, 11:46 AM
I bet your favorite singer is Sheryl Crow

I dont even know who that is. Im a man, I build fence and drink whiskey.

LRtagger
10-08-2008, 11:52 AM

Favorite movie The Crow?

Kaylore
10-08-2008, 02:25 PM

You're a man? Are you forty? (http://soundboard.com/sb/Oklahoma_coach_rant_State.aspx)

frauschieze
10-08-2008, 06:55 PM

Liar. You don't drink whiskey.

BigDaddyBronco
10-08-2008, 06:59 PM
Clay's a damn ginny. Don't give us this whisky BS. :coffee: