PDA

View Full Version : Who Wins? Broncos or Colts?

RunYouOver
09-25-2007, 06:21 PM
Nobody correctly picked the Jaguars to beat the Broncos by 9 last week.

Who wins this week? Colts, or Broncos?

Week 3 Correct Picks: None

Week 2 Correct Picks: Broncosinindy

Week 1 Correct Picks: broncosinindy, dogfish, Nomad B, Slick7

anton...
09-25-2007, 06:24 PM
it may come as a suprise, but once again anton picks the donks to win by 14+ points...

:defense:
________
Club Royal Condominium Wong Amat (http://pattayaluxurycondos.com)

topscribe
09-25-2007, 06:57 PM
Upon seeing my vote, many here might wonder if my wife didn't drive a nail
into my head as I slept. However, I am going by a few factors here:

1. The Broncos historically have beaten the Colts during the regular season.
(It is in the postseason they get hammered.)

2. We match up with the Colts far better than we do the "smash-mouth"
teams. This is the week (I hope) that Simeon Rice comes on. With him, Doom,
McKinley, and Thomas, we have at least potentially some pretty good rushers.
Manning might seem as a god at times, but a strong rush will help to humanize
him.

3. The Colts defense is tailor made for a back such as Henry. At least, the
Jags' gorillas won't be in there.

4. With our three top receivers, the Colts have nothing on us for weaponry.
They have Manning, yes, but Cutler has shown some jaw-dropping ability
of his own.

5. Finally, the Broncos players are tired of their own performance against
the rush. This week with bring much improved tackling and staying at home
and taking care of individual responsibilities. And driving Addai backward
won't be a thing like having to drive Taylor and that other little bowling ball
backward. We won't have to worry about a running QB, either.

However, I reserve the right to change my prediction. I am banking on
Lynch and Foxy being back in there. If both are out . . . or either one,
possibly . . . all bets are off. In fact, if both of them are out, I predict a
long ride home for our heroes this week.

Oh yes, and we have got to get some production out of the TEs.

Prediction: Broncos 37, Colts 31.

-----

NameUsedBefore
09-25-2007, 07:02 PM
I belieeeeeeeve we'll smash the Colts. Oh yes, I'm seeing a lot of this :elefant: , but oh well. I think we match up better with the Colts than we do with some of the more grunty teams like the Jaguars and Steelers (dammit, they're on our schedule). At the same time, I want a blowout. Do I think we'll get this blowout? Probably not. But I always get what I want so I vote for what I want. :mad:

Tned
09-25-2007, 07:19 PM

-----

I also chose Broncos, but 1-4. I am going with 31-28.

I think Henry and the running game will get back on track and control TOP much the way the Jags did against us, and we did against Indy in '03 or so.

Rice and Dumerville will get some pressure on Manning, which he doesn't respond well to, and the offense will stay on the field. Harrison and Wayne won't have quite the field day as in past years, with the Broncos finally having a big time CB opposite Champ.

TXBRONC
09-25-2007, 07:22 PM
I going hold off a day or two with my pick.

topscribe
09-25-2007, 07:23 PM
I also chose Broncos, but 1-4. I am going with 31-28.

I think Henry and the running game will get back on track and control TOP much the way the Jags did against us, and we did against Indy in '03 or so.

Rice and Dumerville will get some pressure on Manning, which he doesn't respond well to, and the offense will stay on the field. Harrison and Wayne won't have quite the field day as in past years, with the Broncos finally having a big time CB opposite Champ.

Problem is, their slot receiver has given us far more grief than their starting
ones. They may not have Stokley now, but they have a very fine one again.
I still think a lot depends on whether Foxy and Lynch are going to be in there.

-----

anton...
09-25-2007, 07:23 PM
I going hold off a day or two with my pick.

stop being a pansy...
________
E-cigarette store (http://www.ecigarettes123.com/)

Tned
09-25-2007, 07:41 PM

-----

Stokely and Wayne (especially Wayne) have had field days with us, but one difference is that Champe and Bly have a better chance of manning up on the 1 and 2, which should allow more pressure to be brought against manning, or allow a safety or Dime db to help against the slot/TE, not to mention helping contain Addai.

TXBRONC
09-25-2007, 08:03 PM
stop being a pansy...

Well all I got to say to that is :eviltongue:.

Slick
09-25-2007, 08:09 PM
I voted Colts by 14+. I hated to do it. It is my feeling at the moment.

If Foxy misses the game along with Lynch, I think we're in big trouble this week.

I think Champ and Dre will do well against Wayne and Harrison.

The Colts new slot guy, Gonzales could cause problems for us, along with Dallas Clark.

I really hope I'm wrong.

We need a good running attack, and some solid :defense: to pull this one out.

broncosfanscott
09-25-2007, 08:49 PM
I am going with the Colts by 10-13 pts. Broncos, please prove me wrong and win this one.

Last year our offense was struggling and had a coming out party vs. the Colts and I hope it happens again with some help from our :defense:

TXBRONC
09-25-2007, 08:59 PM
I am going with the Colts by 10-13 pts. Broncos, please prove me wrong and win this one.

Last year our offense was struggling and had a coming out party vs. the Colts and I hope it happens again with some help from our :defense:

Last year the game against the Colts and the I the Steelers the following week were the high point production games we had all of last season.

Tned
09-25-2007, 09:20 PM

-----

Just watched the NFL Sunday Ticket Shortcuts for the Colts (every play in game without commercials, replays, huddle time, etc. edited down to 30 minutes).

Their slot guy Gonzalez got wide open a few times in the first half, with two catches and a drop. he wasn't a factor in the second half. Dallas Clark was the go to guy in the second half.

Wayne had one big play (60 yards or so), but otherwise just had a few short catches. Harrison had the most catches, but they were all short. A few were for first downs, but most were in the 5-10 yard range.

Based on what we have seen from Bly, Wayne will blow by him a couple times in this game, and unlike some other QBs, most likely Manning will make us pay with 6 points when Bly blows the coverage. However, he should hold up well other than those couple breakdowns. We know what Champ can do. He will mostly shut down Harrison. Gonzalez looks like you would expect from a young guy, he will make some plays, but is not going to be like we have been burned in the past by Stokely or Wayne. If Foxworth is playing, he should hold up well, possibly even Shoate or Paymah whoever will play in his absense.

Not sure who is going to take Clark out. I don't know if that is going to fall to our LBs, or Ferguson. Clark on Ferguson is likely a mismatch.

Texans were able to bring a fair amount of pressure on Manning, but he also showed pretty good mobility dealing with so-so pass protection, but often that mobility turned a sack into an incompletion or throw away, so that is a key as always with Manning. Give him time and he will kill you, put pressure on him and he will just slice you up a bit, but you will still be alive and have a chance in the game.

The Dark Knight
09-25-2007, 09:26 PM
The Colts will beat us handedly without throwing any passes.

If they do decide to pass, they have the best tools in the league in which to do so.

Broncos lose big time.

41-17

TXBRONC
09-25-2007, 09:34 PM
Just watched the NFL Sunday Ticket Shortcuts for the Colts (every play in game without commercials, replays, huddle time, etc. edited down to 30 minutes).

Their slot guy Gonzalez got wide open a few times in the first half, with two catches and a drop. he wasn't a factor in the second half. Dallas Clark was the go to guy in the second half.

Wayne had one big play (60 yards or so), but otherwise just had a few short catches. Harrison had the most catches, but they were all short. A few were for first downs, but most were in the 5-10 yard range.

Based on what we have seen from Bly, Wayne will blow by him a couple times in this game, and unlike some other QBs, most likely Manning will make us pay with 6 points when Bly blows the coverage. However, he should hold up well other than those couple breakdowns. We know what Champ can do. He will mostly shut down Harrison. Gonzalez looks like you would expect from a young guy, he will make some plays, but is not going to be like we have been burned in the past by Stokely or Wayne. If Foxworth is playing, he should hold up well, possibly even Shoate or Paymah whoever will play in his absense.

Not sure who is going to take Clark out. I don't know if that is going to fall to our LBs, or Ferguson. Clark on Ferguson is likely a mismatch.

Texans were able to bring a fair amount of pressure on Manning, but he also showed pretty good mobility dealing with so-so pass protection, but often that mobility turned a sack into an incompletion or throw away, so that is a key as always with Manning. Give him time and he will kill you, put pressure on him and he will just slice you up a bit, but you will still be alive and have a chance in the game.

Pressure is important but I think the defense is going have knock him to the ground. I don't illegal hits, even Manning if he gets rough up bit can start getting nervous getting knock to the ground.

Lonestar
09-25-2007, 09:50 PM
I have seen nothing to indicate we can stop the run, period until we do we are gonna get a big dose on addai and then Dallas Clark catching the ball.

Playing in IND with there crowd and boom boxes on full while we have the ball way to much home field advantage here.

Indy by 10-13.

Simple Jaded
09-25-2007, 10:58 PM
David Garrard looked like a probowler against this D in Denver!!! What do you think Peyton Manning will do to it in Indy?

Honestly, this defense doesn't belong on the same field as the Colts offense. Tom Moore is twice the playcaller/coordinator Shanahan is and their offensive talent is much better than Denvers, so forget about out scoring them.

The only chance they have is if all the conspiracy theories are true and the Broncos were playing possum on Offense, Defense and Special Teams.

Please! If Denver really is that good, they wouldn't have to play possum.

This one gets ugly, early and often.....

Requiem / The Dagda
09-25-2007, 11:11 PM
Denver starts their slide to 2-14 against Indianapolis. 49-27.

lex
09-25-2007, 11:19 PM

If they do decide to pass, they have the best tools in the league in which to do so.

Broncos lose big time.

41-17

Sad but probably true. I voted for Denver losing big as well. I feel like Im really voting on Amon Gordons ability to come through...because until he does or is replaced, he will continue to be exploited. Its disgusting.

BANJOPICKER1
09-26-2007, 12:08 AM
Ya know at this point,I can see us shutting down the pass,but their RB is going to have a big day!!:tsk:
GOOOOOO BRONCOS!!

sneakers
09-26-2007, 12:13 AM
Broncos by 21 points!!

DenBronx
09-26-2007, 12:21 AM
Denver starts their slide to 2-14 against Indianapolis. 49-27.

ouch! i still think we will win 9 games this year.

omac
09-26-2007, 01:05 AM
My original pick before the start of the season was for Indy, but I now choose Denver just to prove a point. Even when I first picked Indy, I wouldn't have been surprised if Denver beat them, so I'm going with that instead. :beer:

frenchfan
09-26-2007, 06:20 AM
I don't see our beloved Broncos winning this game...

Colts : 28-17

Mike
09-26-2007, 08:07 AM

Broncos lose big time.

41-17

On the plus side...if they decide to just pound the ball, then the score should stay relatively low as it chews up more time. That is why I think it will only be a 10-13 point difference. I will call it 35-24.

If, however, Indy decides to air it out...14+ point difference easily.

Retired_Member_001
09-26-2007, 11:00 AM
It REALLY pains me to say this but I predict Colts 41-21 Broncos.

SmithOverTO
09-26-2007, 11:07 AM
It REALLY pains me to say this but I predict Colts 41-21 Broncos.

Good pick, but I think the Broncos have a great shot to play really well, especially considering they're not even the main sports story in Colorado (The Broncos under the radar in Denver is like...well...y'know :D )

My pick: 35-27 Colts.

Lonestar
09-26-2007, 11:07 AM
my my how the confidence ballon has burst.

Before the season started so many folks over @BM were calling for a super blow win (pardon the pun).

Now over 50% think this is a slam dunk loss.

How fast the winds turn when your run defense sucks!

omac
09-26-2007, 11:33 AM

Before the season started so many folks over @BM were calling for a super blow win (pardon the pun).

Not my confidence. And if you looked through one of the threads in the old forums, you'll see when you and I were discussing this that though I chose only the Colts, Chargers, and Chiefs to beat us, I also noted which teams would have a solid chance of beating us, and one of them was the Jaguars.

You were sure that the Broncos would lose to the Bills; I was somewhat certain that the Raiders would prevent the Broncos from passing the ball well. We were both wrong about them.

And I feel pretty confident with what I said; that the Broncos (particularly Cutler) will make mistakes but will also make big plays, and so far, that's how the season's been going. :salute:

Lonestar
09-26-2007, 11:40 AM
Not my confidence. And if you looked through one of the threads in the old forums, you'll see when you and I were discussing this that though I chose only the Colts, Chargers, and Chiefs to beat us, I also noted which teams would have a solid chance of beating us, and one of them was the Jaguars.

You were sure that the Broncos would lose to the Bills; I was somewhat certain that the Raiders would prevent the Broncos from passing the ball well. We were both wrong about them.

And I feel pretty confident with what I said; that the Broncos (particularly Cutler) will make mistakes but will also make big plays, and so far, that's how the season's been going. :salute:

I was not all that wrong on the bills was I?

I thought OAK would lose in DEN but by the time we played them in OAK that would be a loss.

I thought we would lose to JAX because of their defense, I changed that the week prior to the game because I got carried away with the koolade that was being passed around.

I remember that you were one of the few that thought we would lose in IND. :salute:

My main point was now that the defense LINE mostly the DT have been exposed there are at least this week more than 50% that have jumped ship.

BroncoManiac_69
09-26-2007, 11:49 AM
I see I'm not the only one believing we will get blown out. I have a bad feeling that history will repeat itself and we will be embarrassed again by Indy.

42-10 Colts. :eek:

omac
09-26-2007, 12:33 PM
I was not all that wrong on the bills was I?

I thought OAK would lose in DEN but by the time we played them in OAK that would be a loss.

I thought we would lose to JAX because of their defense, I changed that the week prior to the game because I got carried away with the koolade that was being passed around.

I remember that you were one of the few that thought we would lose in IND. :salute:

My main point was now that the defense LINE mostly the DT have been exposed there are at least this week more than 50% that have jumped ship.

You were actually pretty high on Lossman this offseason, and he either underperformed, or his offensive coordinator handcuffed him with conservative plays. On the being wrong part, yes you were, hehehe. :D Denver did win, and their defense was good enough, while their offense made a ton of yardage that should've (but didn't) score a lot of points. So Denver actually played relatively well in the opening game, and they earned the win.

I thought Denver would beat Oakland, but I didn't expect them to pass so succesfully against what was last season a great pass defense. I thought it would be all rushing.

Like I said, my real pick is that Indy beats Denver, but I'm changing it now to prove a point; that this team and it's defense isn't as bad as some think it is.

On the subject of the defense, I started a thread with a different view about it, after rewatching the game. See if you will agree with some of it. :cheers:

Nomad
09-26-2007, 02:14 PM

If the BRONCOS keep blocking and tackling like they have been then we may have a decent draft pick next year.

Broncos Mtnman
09-26-2007, 02:22 PM
I think it's going to come down to whether we can stop the Manning to Clark connection, along with stuffing Addai in the run.

I don't think we'll play alot of man coverage, since Manning dismantles teams that do. So we'll play alot of deep zone in an effort to keep the game in front of us.

This leaves the hard work to our LBs, since they will be faced with more running, along with short passes to the TE. In zone, the TE is going to be covered either by a nickel back or the LB, both having a disadvantage due to Clark's size (bigger than a CB) and speed (faster than most LBs).

Based on the performance so far of the LBs, I see Clark having a big day, and Addai being able to do mop up duty once the LBs are worn out.

We could end up with a "shoot-out" of sorts. Henry is capable of running all over the Colts, and that could open things up for Cutler to hit our receivers.

My vote doesn't reflect this, but it could happen.

TXBRONC
09-26-2007, 07:59 PM
24-20 Denver.

Lonestar
09-26-2007, 08:06 PM
You were actually pretty high on Lossman this offseason, and he either underperformed, or his offensive coordinator handcuffed him with conservative plays. On the being wrong part, yes you were, hehehe. :D Denver did win, and their defense was good enough, while their offense made a ton of yardage that should've (but didn't) score a lot of points. So Denver actually played relatively well in the opening game, and they earned the win.

I thought Denver would beat Oakland, but I didn't expect them to pass so succesfully against what was last season a great pass defense. I thought it would be all rushing.

Like I said, my real pick is that Indy beats Denver, but I'm changing it now to prove a point; that this team and it's defense isn't as bad as some think it is.

On the subject of the defense, I started a thread with a different view about it, after rewatching the game. See if you will agree with some of it. :cheers:

I was high on losman and thought that the WR would have e good day the kid from UTEP who's name escapes me at the moment.Did not think the two of them would run wild on us, But thought the would have a better day than they did.

AS I said I was pretty close to winning the bet so to speak with out that ultra last second FG it would have been a loss.

I'd love to be able to talk intelligently about this last game but it was not shown in my area and so far NFL NET has not shown it on replay nor does it look like they will.

SO I;m as we speak blind to what happened.

RunYouOver
09-27-2007, 04:07 PM
Bump:first:

Medford Bronco
09-27-2007, 04:34 PM
As much as it pains me

I see the Colts smoking us 31-17 :(

omac
09-27-2007, 09:41 PM
I was high on losman and thought that the WR would have e good day the kid from UTEP who's name escapes me at the moment.Did not think the two of them would run wild on us, But thought the would have a better day than they did.

AS I said I was pretty close to winning the bet so to speak with out that ultra last second FG it would have been a loss.

I'd love to be able to talk intelligently about this last game but it was not shown in my area and so far NFL NET has not shown it on replay nor does it look like they will.

SO I;m as we speak blind to what happened.

Speaking of Losman, I saw parts of their game with the Pats (had to leave, and way too many commercials in between the action; not live), and when he had to leave because of injury, Trent Edwards did a pretty good job of quarterbacking the team, and leading them to a touchdown. Pretty good composure for a rookie. Why they got Edwards is a mystery, though, as they seemed pretty high on Losman last season.

BroncoBJ
09-28-2007, 02:39 AM
I predict an 11 point win :elefant:

Manning will have a Redzone INT which will change the tempo of the game and Cutler and co take 7 minutes off the clock and score a TD. The Colts wont be the same and we will win the game 31-20.

:elefant:

fcspikeit
09-29-2007, 01:01 PM
Upon seeing my vote, many here might wonder if my wife didn't drive a nail
into my head as I slept. However, I am going by a few factors here:

1. The Broncos historically have beaten the Colts during the regular season.
(It is in the postseason they get hammered.)

2. We match up with the Colts far better than we do the "smash-mouth"
teams. This is the week (I hope) that Simeon Rice comes on. With him, Doom,
McKinley, and Thomas, we have at least potentially some pretty good rushers.
Manning might seem as a god at times, but a strong rush will help to humanize
him.

3. The Colts defense is tailor made for a back such as Henry. At least, the
Jags' gorillas won't be in there.

4. With our three top receivers, the Colts have nothing on us for weaponry.
They have Manning, yes, but Cutler has shown some jaw-dropping ability
of his own.

5. Finally, the Broncos players are tired of their own performance against
the rush. This week with bring much improved tackling and staying at home
and taking care of individual responsibilities. And driving Addai backward
won't be a thing like having to drive Taylor and that other little bowling ball
backward. We won't have to worry about a running QB, either.

However, I reserve the right to change my prediction. I am banking on
Lynch and Foxy being back in there. If both are out . . . or either one,
possibly . . . all bets are off. In fact, if both of them are out, I predict a
long ride home for our heroes this week.

Oh yes, and we have got to get some production out of the TEs.

-----

I agree with your points and I feel they will not get many 20+ yard plays on our defense. When they get in the red zone we will hold them to 1 field goal.

I predict they will get in our red zone 3 times. 1 TD 1 FG we will get 1 turnover on downs or INT and they will score on one long play of something like 31 yards. I am guessing they get 17 points.

You might think I am crazy but hear me out. They will come to run we will contain the run because our DL has something to prove. Not just that but we are small at LB and because of that we struggle against Bruisers. The small quick backs we do all right against because of our speed at LB. They won't be able to beat us to the corner.

Bly will be playing to keep everything in front of him. He will give up a lot underneath but I believe if Manning throws at him enough he will get an INT.

Champ wont get much action unless Bly is doing even better then expected. If Manning throws at Champ 10 + times he will get an INT! I believe Manning will try and work the short middle and the swing outside to JA. Our LB are fast enough to contain their behind the line swing to JA. Clark over the middle is going to be the key. DJ has to be able to back up in zone and take that away. Like Urlacer did in the SB.

Our offense will look something like the offense of old. I see a couple boots and we will run screens to catch the strait up the field pass rush from the outside. If the boot comes back it will open up our cutback running. We will run all over them if someone can get a body on Bob Sanders. I see our TE coming from the outside and cutting him before he can get to the ball carrier.

He is great but if we can take him out of the play we will be able to run on them!

The single most important thing might be playing without penalties on offense. it has killed us the past couple weeks. With our style of offense we can't afford to have long 3rd downs. Our line should be wearing mittens so they can't hold :) if we are consistently going from 3rd and 3 to 3rd and 13 we are in trouble.

My last production will come as a shock :eek:

We will win on special teams! There special teams has been terrible. We will average better field position then them and I wouldn't be surprised if we even took one to the house :elefant:

There is a reason Henrey didn't get the ball much last week. I think he has been nicked up and Shanny was saving him for this game. That will pay dividends this week.

Everyone on our team knows this is the game of the year for us. Almost no one is giving them a chance in this game. They will come to make a statement! We will see defenders flying to the ball and Manning having to throw early all day.

This will not be the same game as last year! When this game is over there will be a lot of people saying where did that come from? I won't be one of them :cool:

I think the game will be close until the end we being up 24 - 17 and Champ or Bly jumps a rout from a forced throw by Manning and takes it to the house.

Broncos win 31 - 17. :salute: