PDA

View Full Version : i pray this is true

arapaho2
03-16-2011, 12:24 PM
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2011/03/15/2143820/all-signs-point-to-newton-as-panthers.html

why is this broncos?...because if the panthers do as he thinks...denver has its choice without going to the scenarios of what if

if carolina takes________ who is our big man on the board, we then resort to second man on the board___________

choose wisely

MNPatsFan
03-16-2011, 12:32 PM
The Panthers would be idiots to pick Cam Newton with the 1st overall pick in this year's draft, but having the Panthers do that would be an AWESOME thing from the Broncos perspective.:beer:

Buff
03-16-2011, 12:36 PM
The Panthers would be idiots to pick Cam Newton with the 1st overall pick in this year's draft, but having the Panthers do that would be an AWESOME thing from the Broncos perspective.:beer:

If I'm the Panthers, I'm not hesitating to take Cam Newton. I think the pick is a no-brainer for them considering the scrubs they have at QB.

SR
03-16-2011, 12:37 PM
Why would this be so awesome for the Broncos?

Buff
03-16-2011, 12:38 PM

Because we want Carolina to take an offensive player so we can pick the best defensive player on our board.

SR
03-16-2011, 12:42 PM
Oh ok.

Nomad
03-16-2011, 12:43 PM
Because we want Carolina to take an offensive player so we can pick the best defensive player on our board.

If the BRONCOS stay consistent with their past drafts it'll be a "WTF moment"!!

rcsodak
03-16-2011, 12:45 PM
Who does the broncos braintrust consider to be the best defensive player, buff?
And what makes you think Car feels the same?
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

SOCALORADO.
03-16-2011, 12:46 PM
If the BRONCOS stay consistent with their past drafts it'll be a "WTF moment"!!

Fortunately John Elway was not involved in those drafts.
But yeah, i hear what your sayin..

rcsodak
03-16-2011, 12:47 PM
If the BRONCOS stay consistent with their past drafts it'll be a "WTF moment"!!prolly closer to the truth. :lol:

underrated29
03-16-2011, 12:48 PM
Buffalo is shitting their pants!! I mean full loads in the pants. They pray this is not true.

rcsodak
03-16-2011, 12:50 PM
Buffalo is shitting their pants!! I mean full loads in the pants. They pray this is not true.Could be what Car is hoping for. No 2nd rd pick? Problem solved.

MNPatsFan
03-16-2011, 12:51 PM
If I'm the Panthers, I'm not hesitating to take Cam Newton. I think the pick is a no-brainer for them considering the scrubs they have at QB.Cam Newton = JaMarcus Russell Version 2 but with his character issues already evident. I could also insert Ryan Leaf, or any number of other bust QBs taken 1st overall. Ryan Leaf's/JaMarcus Russell's character issues didn't show until after he was drafted.

If I am Carolina, I try trading down to get more picks and then take either the best QB available (if picking between 7-20) or the offensive/defensive lineman available. If Carolina picks a lineman with its 1st round pick then should pick the best QB available with one of next two or three picks. Carolina will get a lot more bang for buck with a top tier offensive/defensive lineman and Gabbert/Locker/etc than with Newton only.

SR
03-16-2011, 12:53 PM
I want Denver to draft Newton.

rcsodak
03-16-2011, 12:56 PM
Cam Newton = JaMarcus Russell Version 2 but with his character issues already evident. JaMarcus Russell's character issues didn't show until after he was drafted.

If I am Carolina, I try trading down to get more picks and then take either the best QB available (if picking between 7-20) or the offensive/defensive lineman available. If Carolina picks a lineman with its 1st round pick then should pick the best QB available with one of next two or three picks. Carolina will get a lot more bang for buck with a top tier offensive/defensive lineman and Gabbert/Locker/etc than with Newton only.
I think shanny wants gabbbert (car has him this wkend). He has jakes intangibles plus a stronger arm. I think he misses those W's.

rcsodak
03-16-2011, 12:57 PM
I think you found your missing gap.

MNPatsFan
03-16-2011, 12:58 PM
I think shanny wants gabbbert (car has him this wkend). He has jakes intangibles plus a stronger arm. I think he misses those W's.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forumsAlthough Newton seems to have the greater upside, he also has the greater risk of being a bust. Gabbert is the safer pick and will be the better NFL QB IMHO.

SR
03-16-2011, 01:07 PM
Although Newton seems to have the greater upside, he also has the greater risk of being a bust. Gabbert is the safer pick and will be the better NFL QB IMHO.

I agree with this completely. I think Gabbert is gonna be a damn good QB.

BroncoWave
03-16-2011, 01:11 PM

Unless you want the Broncos to draft Cam Newton the answer to that question should be pretty obvious.

Buff
03-16-2011, 01:14 PM
Cam Newton = JaMarcus Russell Version 2 but with his character issues already evident. I could also insert Ryan Leaf, or any number of other bust QBs taken 1st overall. Ryan Leaf's/JaMarcus Russell's character issues didn't show until after he was drafted.

Meh, the guy is so physically gifted I'd roll the dice on the character issues. But that's just me.

topscribe
03-16-2011, 01:15 PM
Although Newton seems to have the greater upside, he also has the greater risk of being a bust. Gabbert is the safer pick and will be the better NFL QB IMHO.

I was thinking along the same lines. Carolina doesn't need a QB so raw it's going
to take three years to get him on the field. They need help, like now . . .

-----

topscribe
03-16-2011, 01:16 PM

I hope you've got your tongue in your cheek, SR . . . :shocked:

-----

BroncoWave
03-16-2011, 01:16 PM
Meh, the guy is so physically gifted I'd roll the dice on the character issues. But that's just me.

Agreed. If we didn't have Tebow I would be all over the Cam Newton bandwagon. I don't think the comparisons to Russell could be more off base. Newton isn't fat and I've never heard reports of him being lazy. I think the only reason anyone compares him to Russell is because he is black and is a big QB.

SR
03-16-2011, 01:17 PM
I hope you've got your tongue in your cheek, SR . . . :shocked:

-----

I'm absolutely kidding.

SR
03-16-2011, 01:17 PM
Unless you want the Broncos to draft Cam Newton the answer to that question should be pretty obvious.

It wasn't obvious to me, hence the question. Thanks.

rcsodak
03-16-2011, 01:28 PM
He's 1 player in a field of zero surefire hits, btb. THAT, is all thats pretty obvious. Imo.

MNPatsFan
03-16-2011, 01:29 PM
Agreed. If we didn't have Tebow I would be all over the Cam Newton bandwagon. I don't think the comparisons to Russell could be more off base. Newton isn't fat and I've never heard reports of him being lazy. I think the only reason anyone compares him to Russell is because he is black and is a big QB.Ummmm no, I merely compared the two because Russell is the LATEST QB picked #1 overall to be a HUGE BUST. You will notice I also included Ryan Leaf, who wasn't fat, in my post.;)

BTB, not sure why you pulled out the race card?:confused: His race has nothing to do with my opinion!:tsk:

Why is it that if I or anyone isn't impressed with a black QB or thinks it would be a mistake to draft that black QB first overall they claim it is because of race.:tsk:

I am not saying Cam Newton shouldn't be drafted, I am saying he shouldn't be drafted #1 overall. I don't think he should be drafted until until at least picks 10-20, but know he will go before that just because he is a big, very athletic QB.

topscribe
03-16-2011, 01:35 PM
Ummmm no, I merely compared the two because Russell is the LATEST QB picked #1 overall to be a HUGE BUST. You will notice I also included Ryan Leaf, who wasn't fat, in my post.;)

BTB, not sure why you pulled out the race card?:confused: His race has nothing to do with my opinion!:tsk:

Why is it that if I or anyone isn't impressed with a black QB or thinks it would be a mistake to draft that black QB first overall they claim it is because of race.:tsk:

I am not saying Cam Newton shouldn't be drafted, I am saying he shouldn't be drafted #1 overall. I don't think he should be drafted until until at least picks 10-20, but know he will go before that just because he is a big, very athletic QB.

Thank you. If Cam is to be compared to Russell because he's big and black,
then how would we exclude McNabb and McNair, who were very good QBs?

Cutler has been compared by some (not me) to Jeff George. Is that because
Cutler is big and white and has a strong arm? I guess, then, we would have to
lump Elway in with them, wouldn't we?

-----

rcsodak
03-16-2011, 01:39 PM

-----
Since when were mcnair/mcnabb "very good qb's"?

silkamilkamonico
03-16-2011, 01:41 PM
I hope it's true too.

If the season locks out next year, Andrew Luck, c'mon down!

SOCALORADO.
03-16-2011, 01:42 PM

-----

Cutler is exactly like Jeff George.
Big, strong armed, white boy, with a "my sh!t dont stink attitiude".

Camarcus Newsell
Jey Georgler

Cmon, its a slow sports day, help me out here....

topscribe
03-16-2011, 01:50 PM

Must have been before your time, RC . . .

-----

SR
03-16-2011, 01:58 PM

McNabb is a hell of a QB, minus last season.

Buff
03-16-2011, 02:13 PM

If by "hell of a QB" you mean "mediocre QB who comes up small in big games" then I agree.

SR
03-16-2011, 02:21 PM
If by "hell of a QB" you mean "mediocre QB who comes up small in big games" then I agree.

To each their own I suppose. I've always liked McNabb and always enjoyed watching him. Is he Joe Montana? No. But he wins games most of the time and is entertaining to watch.

topscribe
03-16-2011, 02:34 PM
To each their own I suppose. I've always liked McNabb and always enjoyed watching him. Is he Joe Montana? No. But he wins games most of the time and is entertaining to watch.

Memories seem short among NFL fans, sometimes . . .

-----

rcsodak
03-16-2011, 02:44 PM
Must have been before your time, RC . . .

-----
Black jakes. Played hard...athletic...either liked or hated.

*Let everybody know that the aforementioned post is PURELY my uninformed opinion, and by NO MEANS is meant to portray I know more than the next guy.*

rcsodak
03-16-2011, 02:45 PM
I disagree.

rcsodak
03-16-2011, 02:47 PM
Memories seem short among NFL fans, sometimes . . .

-----

Slightly above avg....definitely not elite, imo.

Dzone
03-16-2011, 02:47 PM
If they pick cam newton, who do we pick?

topscribe
03-16-2011, 02:49 PM
Slightly above avg....definitely not elite, imo.

I didn't say they were "elite." I said very good QBs. There is a difference, at least in my mind.

And I believe they were very good.

-----

rcsodak
03-16-2011, 02:51 PM
You'll know on 4/28.

SR
I disagree.

I don't think you realize the insignificance of that opinion.

topscribe

Anybody we want. Whom would you like?

http://twitter.com/johnelway/status/48063677257089024

-----

rcsodak
03-16-2011, 02:53 PM
I don't think you realize the insignificance of that opinion.you're wrong. I do.

rcsodak
03-16-2011, 02:54 PM
I didn't say they were "elite." I said very good QBs. There is a difference, at least in my mind.

And I believe they were very good.

-----
Im bored, top. Name some others that are very good.

topscribe
03-16-2011, 02:55 PM
Im bored, top. Name some others that are very good.

Bradlee Van Pelt, Chris Simms, Brady Quinn . . .

-----

rcsodak
03-16-2011, 02:57 PM
Bradlee Van Pelt, Chris Simms, Brady Quinn . . .

-----

Lmao...:laugh:

:hi5:

FanInAZ
03-16-2011, 03:04 PM
I could also insert Ryan Leaf, or any number of other bust QBs taken 1st overall.

Actually, Leaf was the 2nd pick that year after Payton Manning.

FanInAZ
03-16-2011, 03:09 PM
Agreed. If we didn't have Tebow I would be all over the Cam Newton bandwagon. I don't think the comparisons to Russell could be more off base. Newton isn't fat and I've never heard reports of him being lazy. I think the only reason anyone compares him to Russell is because he is black and is a big QB.

I think its racist to play the race card for no other reason than the person that you’re playing it on is white.

SR
03-16-2011, 03:16 PM
I didn't read any racist stuff. If it's a spade, it's a spade.

topscribe
03-16-2011, 03:22 PM
I didn't read any racist stuff. If it's a spade, it's a spade.

That's one I'm not going to touch . . . :shocked:

-----

SR
03-16-2011, 03:23 PM
That's one I'm not going to touch . . . :shocked:

-----

I could have picked my words more carefully.

topscribe
03-16-2011, 03:27 PM

I know it was an innocent remark . . . but some people don't seem to care . . . :look:

-----

SR
03-16-2011, 03:28 PM
To them I said, "toughen up".

rcsodak
03-16-2011, 03:30 PM
.....but......

MNPatsFan
03-16-2011, 03:31 PM
Actually, Leaf was the 2nd pick that year after Payton Manning.:lol: You're right and I actually knew that.:doh:

I need to pay more attention to my posts so that I minimize making unclear statements and stupid mistakes.:tsk:

:laugh::laugh:

SR
03-16-2011, 03:34 PM
.....but......

I type faster than I think.

rcsodak
03-16-2011, 03:36 PM
:lol: You're right and I actually knew that.:doh:

I need to pay more attention to my posts so that I minimize making unclear statements and stupid mistakes.:tsk:

:laugh::laugh:
Wasn't that big of deal...your point was still true, regardless of any foux paux

arapaho2
03-16-2011, 03:46 PM
Anybody we want. Whom would you like?

http://twitter.com/johnelway/status/48063677257089024

-----

exactly top...hence the thread....if they pick cam...we got anybody on the board we have targeted

kinda like last year when bradford was hyped and questioned...and the lions were on their knees praying the rams took bradford 1st...leaving them with suh

arapaho2
03-16-2011, 03:50 PM

i would think a qb that was ...the 2003 AP league CO-MVP...could be considered very good:confused:

rcsodak
03-16-2011, 03:57 PM
exactly top...hence the thread....if they pick cam...we got anybody on the board we have targeted

kinda like last year when bradford was hyped and questioned...and the lions were on their knees praying the rams took bradford 1st...leaving them with suh
Except there is no bradford/suh in this draft. More like McCoy on back.

rcsodak
03-16-2011, 03:59 PM
i would think a qb that was ...the 2003 AP league CO-MVP...could be considered very good:confused:
1 very good year=very good overall?

Ok

topscribe
03-16-2011, 04:00 PM
Wasn't that big of deal...your point was still true, regardless of any foux paux

Ahem . . . talking about faux pas . . . :whistle:

:D

-----

SR
03-16-2011, 04:01 PM
1 very good year=very good overall?

Ok

How many times did McNabb make it to the NFCCG?

rcsodak
03-16-2011, 04:25 PM
Ahem . . . talking about faux pas . . . :whistle:

:D

-----

Lol

Nothing by you..... :wink:

rcsodak
03-16-2011, 04:29 PM
How many times did McNabb make it to the NFCCG?
His team? I give.

arapaho2
03-16-2011, 05:58 PM
Except there is no bradford/suh in this draft. More like McCoy on back.

says the draft expert who thinks plummer was the shizznit:lol:

topscribe
03-16-2011, 06:06 PM

There were a lot more people than just RC who thought Plummer was a very
good QB, including many experts.

But what part of the post to which you responded did you disagree with?

-----

rcsodak
03-16-2011, 06:06 PM
says the draft expert who thinks plummer was the shizznit:lol:ok, sissy....who do you think are bradford/suh this year?

arapaho2
03-16-2011, 06:08 PM

But what part of the post to which you responded did you disagree with?

-----

oh yeah good ole Jrwizz...:laugh:

topscribe
03-16-2011, 06:11 PM
oh yeah good ole Jrwizz...:laugh:

So I guess that means you have nothing to say about RC's post which was on topic . . .

As opposed to your response which was not . . .

-----

arapaho2
03-16-2011, 06:12 PM
ok, sissy....who do you think are bradford/suh this year?

maybe if you didnt get your panties in a knot so quickly you may have read properly

i never said someone like cam and someone like dareus is this years bradford and suh

I SAID ITS LIKE LAST YEAR WHEN THE LIONS WERE PRAYING THE RAMS TOOK BRADFORD, SO THEY COULD HAVE THIER CHOICE...GET IT?

meaning... this year in a draft when we need the absalute best dline man we can get....we pray the panthers take the qb, leaving us our choice of defensive players....savey?

arapaho2
03-16-2011, 06:14 PM
So I guess that means you have nothing to say about RC's post which was on topic . . .

As opposed to your response which was not . . .

-----

arent you on vacation from this board...or did you get over the tantrum?

topscribe
03-16-2011, 06:26 PM
arent you on vacation from this board...or did you get over the tantrum?

Tantrum? I did calmly say I was taking a little hiatus from the board because of
the hateful posts (which I see still have not completely abated). But several
friends here talked me into coming back.

Thanks for asking . . . :coffee:

-----

ikillz0mbies
03-16-2011, 06:31 PM
I'm just going to say it: Carolina drafts A.J. Green, which leads to the Broncos drafting Nick Fairley (although I prefer Marcel Dareus). I don't know why, but I see this happening. Plus it's Spring Break, so I'll make all the predictions I want!

topscribe
03-16-2011, 06:36 PM
I'm just going to say it: Carolina drafts A.J. Green, which leads to the Broncos drafting Nick Fairley (although I prefer Marcel Dareus). I don't know why, but I see this happening. Plus it's Spring Break, so I'll make all the predictions I want!

Who am I to argue? ;)

-----

sneakers
03-16-2011, 06:43 PM
LOL panthers.

zbeg
03-16-2011, 06:47 PM

Bill Walsh, most notably. But what did he know about QB scouting and development?

topscribe
03-16-2011, 07:22 PM
Bill Walsh, most notably. But what did he know about QB scouting and development?

No, most notably Jon Gruden, who flew into Washington then drove into Idaho
just to try to talk Plummer into playing for him, IIRC.

Oh, and Walsh only coached who some think was the greatest QB who ever
played.

Just a couple idiot head coaches who ought to learn more from us experts here
on this football message board . . . :coffee:

-----

rcsodak
03-16-2011, 07:29 PM
maybe if you didnt get your panties in a knot so quickly you may have read properly

i never said someone like cam and someone like dareus is this years bradford and suh

I SAID ITS LIKE LAST YEAR WHEN THE LIONS WERE PRAYING THE RAMS TOOK BRADFORD, SO THEY COULD HAVE THIER CHOICE...GET IT?

meaning... this year in a draft when we need the absalute best dline man we can get....we pray the panthers take the qb, leaving us our choice of defensive players....savey?

Wow. Need to vent, much? Please explain to me, and Top (who you're avoiding to answer) what part of my post that got YOUR panties in a bind.

Just so you know, I wasn't arguing your point. I simply quoted you, and then EXPANDED on it.

WOW. :lol:

rcsodak
03-16-2011, 07:32 PM
No, most notably Jon Gruden, who flew into Washington then drove into Idaho
just to try to talk Plummer into playing for him, IIRC.

Oh, and Walsh only coached who some think was the greatest QB who ever
played.

Just a couple idiot head coaches who ought to learn more from us experts here
on this football message board . . . :coffee:

-----
Did my lil sister(rap) ever answer your question?

dogfish
03-16-2011, 08:01 PM

Wow. Need to vent, much? Please explain to me, and Top (who you're avoiding to answer) what part of my post that got YOUR panties in a bind.

"Your panties are in a bunch!"

"No, YOUR panties are in a bunch!"

now that's what i call a blistering exchange!

i'm afraid that within a page this will escalate even further, and one of you will break out the ultimate internet nuke and play the whining card. . . i pray that common sense prevails before it comes to that. . .

so play nice, fellas-- no slapping or hair pulling. . .

Medford Bronco
03-16-2011, 08:41 PM

McNair was a very good QB whos life ended way too early.

McNabb was good but to me is on the downslide big time now.

rcsodak
03-17-2011, 07:33 AM
"Your panties are in a bunch!"

"No, YOUR panties are in a bunch!"

now that's what i call a blistering exchange!

i'm afraid that within a page this will escalate even further, and one of you will break out the ultimate internet nuke and play the whining card. . . i pray that common sense prevails before it comes to that. . .

so play nice, fellas-- no slapping or hair pulling. . .

Well, in all fairness, go back and you tell me if rap flew off for flying off sake. :confused:

arapaho2
03-17-2011, 10:22 AM
Well, in all fairness, go back and you tell me if rap flew off for flying off sake. :confused:

i flew off the handle?..ok:lol:

Originally Posted by arapaho2 http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1229023#post1229023)

a simple comment...about the likeness of this years and last years draft where lions and broncos sitting at #2 needing defense....are hopeing the rams and panthers pick a qb...leaving the choice of best defensive player we want

where your snippy reply was: Except there is no bradford/suh in this draft. More like McCoy on back

followed by my hillarious post of :

where you posted and i quote :ok, sissy....who do you think are bradford/suh this year?

so who got personal?...who flew off the handle? you perhaps?...so i said what? oh ya:

now if your gonna be a snotty bitch posting just to irritate and act stupid...so be it...the thread is about the panthers taking cam...i said like last year where the lions hoped the rams took a qb...figure it out:coffee:

as for the suh...my choice would be dareus...never said a equal talent...said similer circumstances...you can PM top and explain it to him

rcsodak
03-17-2011, 01:13 PM
i flew off the handle?..ok:lol:

a simple comment...about the likeness of this years and last years draft where lions and broncos sitting at #2 needing defense....are hopeing the rams and panthers pick a qb...leaving the choice of best defensive player we want

where your snippy reply was: Except there is no bradford/suh in this draft. More like McCoy on backhow is this snippy? I didn't agree or disagree with you. I quoted you. And stated my opinion in the most non-adversarial way possible. That no qb = Bradford and no DT=Suh. The snippy comment was yours, honey, when you snarkuly said I was some draft expert. When have I EVER said I was? Top even questioned why you jumped my comment.

followed by my hillarious post of :

where you posted and i quote :ok, sissy....who do you think are bradford/suh this year?in another thread, you told bg I wasn't a noob even though we weren't real close. I commented that we were more like bro/sis...and said I was the bro. You know....as in a ******* joke! Since then, when you get snarky with me, I've called you 'sis'/'sissy'. As in a ******* joke!
You need to grow a sense of humor. IMHO!

so who got personal?...who flew off the handle? you perhaps?...so i said what? oh ya:
now if your gonna be a snotty bitch posting just to irritate and act stupid...so be it...the thread is about the panthers taking cam...i said like last year where the lions hoped the rams took a qb...figure it out:coffee:

as for the suh...my choice would be dareus...never said a equal talent...said similer circumstances...you can PM top and explain it to him

As for calling me a" snotty bitch", I expect no less from you. Though a simple apology for flying off the handle would show some humility.
:rolleyes:
(Ya, right)

SR
03-17-2011, 01:19 PM
Jesus Jones RC...you're a child.

rcsodak
03-17-2011, 01:37 PM
Jesus Jones RC...you're a child.
I know you are, but what am I. :elefant:

SR
03-17-2011, 01:43 PM
Fml

rcsodak
03-17-2011, 02:04 PM
Fml

:eek:

atwater27
03-18-2011, 08:19 AM

Cam Newton sucks. It's no surprise you'd be on his bandwagon.

zbeg
03-18-2011, 08:56 AM

Russell was also not fat when he was drafted. Maybe Newton's not quite Jamarcus Russell; that's an impressive bar that Russell set. But there are red flags about his attitude - and he's also a project.

I mean, Tebow might not make in the NFL as a project QB (Elway seems less than enamored of him so far) and he's got insane work ethic. You think Newton is going to outwork Tebow? They both have quite a ways to go in order to become elite quarterbacks, and I don't like Mr. "I'm an entertainer and an icon" to get it done.

I wouldn't touch Cam Newton with a ten foot pole before the third round. Some team is going to be dumb enough to take him in the first, and they will be dumb and wrong and dumb.

If that team is the Broncos, I'm going to set myself on fire.

SR
03-18-2011, 09:20 AM
If that team is the Broncos, I'm going to set myself on fire.

Please don't do that.

rcsodak
03-18-2011, 09:37 AM
Please don't do that.
Screw that! Pics!!