PDA

View Full Version : Why in WORLD Would Denver Be Working Out QBs????

WARHORSE
03-15-2011, 04:39 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81ec534b/article/broncos-titans-vikings-among-teams-to-work-out-qb-locker?module=HP_headlines

Well, if nothing else, it makes for a great discussion.

Why indeed would Denver be checking out the QBs?

My thoughts on the possibilities:

One.....They have already had preliminary inquisitions on trading Kyle Orton, and would like to investigate the potential of some of these kids coming out. There are five QBs that are big, mobile, and big armed, and if you want some insurance in the pot concerning an Orton trade and a Tebow flameout, aready knowing Quinn is not the answer, then you may have a good chance of getting a potential star here. Keyword.....potential. Not surething.

Newton, Kaepernik, Gabbern, Mallet, and Locker all have upside. The Broncos need to be diligent in case one of these mutts falls, and they consider it risk/value to take one later.

Two....Has anyone ever thought of using two mobile/passing QBs in the same backfield?

With a tough guy/team guy/leader like Tebow, he will play where you put him without question, Tebow stands for Team.

So look at the problems the wildcat offense caused.

What happens when you stick two capable, mobile QBs in the backfield who can both pass or run?

Obviously you dont want to run an entire offense like this, but if we had say, Locker, Tebow and Quinn on the roster, it would be because we are getting rid of Orton.

So Orton is traded, and Tebow is the starter with Quinn as the backup, and Locker on the learn.

You now have two viable backups, with two really good prospects on the learn.

If Locker had to play as a rookie, or any QB, a mobile one will fare better than a nonmobile one. A rookie passer isnt going to walk in and take you to the superbowl as a pure passer imo. Never seen it.

But a QB with Rottenburger, Vick, VYoung, Tebow like abilities can go farther due to their playmaking abilities.

Now, during that time, much like Tebow came in last year, it may be beneficial to have packages where Tebow and Locker come on the field together, and cause problems for the opposing defenses. New offenses cause matchup problems for opposing defenses.........which leads to scoring on offense.

Perhaps Denver has already had a call from say........Minnesota........saying they want Orton for a second rounder.

Done deal.

bcbronc
03-15-2011, 05:00 PM
Maybe the FO is tired of the Tetrolls too?
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

SR
03-15-2011, 05:01 PM
La Canfora is a tard. The Vikings don't have the second overall pick. And the Broncos don't have the 12th pick.

HORSEPOWER 56
03-15-2011, 05:09 PM
They're just doing it to make Bullgator sweat...

:heh:

SR
03-15-2011, 05:13 PM
I hope he sweats A LOT.

dogfish
03-15-2011, 05:58 PM
because they're going to trade orton, quinn is useless, and you gotta have more than one quarterback on your roster. . .

we REALLY need to find a way to generate a couple extra picks if they want a QB, though. . . if we do take a flier, i want kaepernik. . .

WARHORSE
03-15-2011, 07:34 PM
One thing about the lockout......we'll all be alot better at Madden by the time its done.:lol:

SR
03-15-2011, 07:37 PM
Those of you that play games anyway...some of us don't.

FanInAZ
03-15-2011, 07:50 PM
because they're going to trade orton, quinn is useless, and you gotta have more than one quarterback on your roster. . .

we REALLY need to find a way to generate a couple extra picks if they want a QB, though. . . if we do take a flier, i want kaepernik. . .

I could see them spending a low round pick on a backup QB, but not a 1st rounder when they still have last year's 1st rounder on the roster. This could be an indication that they might be looking to trade down. By getting a good look at a QB that another team might want to trade up for, they could get a better idea of the trade value of the two spot.

This of course assumes that the collective bargaining issues get worked out so that such a trade is possible.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-15-2011, 08:00 PM
I read where Locker is projected to go in either the 2nd or 3rd round

Denver Native (Carol)
03-15-2011, 08:17 PM
Did not want to start another thread for this - hope you don't mind WAR

By Bill Williamson
In a draft diary, Portland State tight end Julius Thomas said he will have a private workout with the Denver Broncos.

Thomas is one of the more interesting mid-to-late round prospects. The former college basketball standout is opening eyes. And his stock is said to be rising. He is 6-5, 250 pounds and is very athletic.

Even though he played just one year of college football, Thomas has looked good in drills and he looks like he is a player with a ton of upside. He had a strong performance at the NFL combine.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/25390/another-college-hoops-player-turned-te-to-afc-west

TXBRONC
03-15-2011, 09:40 PM
I don't think it's big deal. It seems to me that teams work out draft candidates at positions that are not a big need all the time.

Bullgator
03-15-2011, 09:48 PM

Lawl... Nah Locker is like Tebow light... all the question marks with none of the upside. His intangables are not up to TTs level and he wasnt a consistant winner... well he wasnt consistant period, so im not worried about him taking TTs job.

Having said that with trading KO we do need another QB on the roster. he is a hell of an athlete and would be nice to have as a fill in for Tebow. I mean we can all agree that BQ sucks and wont take the team anywhere. If Tebow gets injured due to his play style we do need another QB on the roster.

So why not have a backup with a similar skillset? I think Fox is making Tebow an offense taylored to his skill set and needs someone that can run and throw as a backup incase Superman decides ro run over Ray Lewis. You dont want to scrap your whole offense if TT goes down, just throw in Locker... I think thats smart.

this dont make me sweat, it gets me excited that the staff has bought into TT fully and are making him an entire offense to take advantage of his rare skillset.

now draft Blane Gabert and THEN ill schwet just a lil

TXBRONC
03-15-2011, 09:58 PM
Well if we're in a position to draft Luck next year I will know I will not wont argue against taking him.

Bullgator
03-15-2011, 10:08 PM
Well if we're in a position to draft Luck next year I will know I will not wont argue against taking him.

It all depends on how Tebow plays, you may not trade 10 Lucks for 1 Tebow after he gets a year to show you he is the real deal. we shal seeeee

TXBRONC
03-15-2011, 10:18 PM
It all depends on how Tebow plays, you may not trade 10 Lucks for 1 Tebow after he gets a year to show you he is the real deal. we shal seeeee

If Tebow is the starter for most or all of the next season and we're in position to draft Luck that means Tebow sucked balls big time.

rationalfan
03-15-2011, 10:40 PM
what about this: they're thinking of trading tebow rather than orton?

BroncoWave
03-15-2011, 10:48 PM
Those of you that play games anyway...some of us don't.

That was totally a post that warranted a douchebag response. :rolleyes:

Krugan
03-15-2011, 10:50 PM
The answer to this is pretty straight forward.

Do we really, KNOW IF, we have a QB on this roster at this point?

Ill step on toes and say we dont. Orton has been very MEH, Tebow is a walking question mark, Quinn should just go get his picture taken.

I would hope they look at QBs.

BigSarge87
03-15-2011, 11:05 PM
It's a smokescreen. We win or lose with T-Nuts this year.

We have a chance to get 3 very good defensive players with our first three picks. I think they know that building the talent on defense is more important than getting a backup QB that would just cause a stir if our starter struggles.

RebelRocker
03-15-2011, 11:08 PM
It's a smokescreen. We win or lose with T-Nuts this year.

We have a chance to get 3 very good defensive players with our first three picks. I think they know that building the talent on defense is more important than getting a backup QB that would just cause a stir if our starter struggles.

How can it possibly be a smokescreen? NOBODY is going to trade for our #2 overall pick to draft Locker. He may not even be a 1st round pick, let a lone a top 10 pick!

It seems pretty black and white to me

The staff is looking for "their guy" and they'e just looking at a prospect that they like. I don't think they're going to make some drastic move and draft the guy in the first round. I just think that they have a genuine interest in Jake Locker and they want to see more.

As is the case with most prospects on teams' boards.

nevcraw
03-15-2011, 11:30 PM
By this time next year Luck will be Lucker.

WARHORSE
03-15-2011, 11:32 PM

Not even an inkling of a possibility.

None.

Zero.

Zilch.

:coffee:

Magnificent Seven
03-15-2011, 11:34 PM
Trade Orton and Gaffney to Minnesota for # 12 in 1st round draft pick. Is it worth? Broncos have Royal, LLoyd, Thomas, Decker, & Willis.

Warhawk
03-16-2011, 12:01 AM

I can't imagine Denver trying to shop Tebow around to the other teams after drafting him less than a year ago. That kind of thing would have to raise warning flags with prospective trade partners.

If we are talking about Denver being approached about a deal, I would hazard that Jacksonville would be the only likely suspect. They would need to have a more positive assessment of Tebow than Denver does to make a trade possible. In fact, Denver would have to feel that Tebow wasn't going to work out to want to make that trade... otherwise you are trading some uncertainty (Tebow) for an even greater degree of uncertainty (Locker or other unproven prospect).

SR
03-16-2011, 08:18 AM
That was totally a post that warranted a douchebag response. :rolleyes:

It wasn't a douchebag response.

SR
03-16-2011, 08:20 AM
Trade Orton and Gaffney to Minnesota for # 12 in 1st round draft pick. Is it worth? Broncos have Royal, LLoyd, Thomas, Decker, & Willis.

Huh? :confused:

BigSarge87
03-16-2011, 09:17 AM
How can it possibly be a smokescreen? NOBODY is going to trade for our #2 overall pick to draft Locker. He may not even be a 1st round pick, let a lone a top 10 pick!

I didn't say anything about them trying to bait someone into trading up. I just said it was a smokescreen. It's just to keep other teams guessing. Maybe even for round 2, IDK. I doubt Locker makes it to round 2 though, there are a lot of teams that need a QB this year and most mocks have him going in the second half of the 1st round at the lowest. If they trade up into the first to get him, it's becuase they want him to start ASAP and I would think that eliminates Tebow. That would be pretty dumb though. I hope they're smarter than that.

Honestly it makes no sense why they are working him out. Maybe he has a hot mom and Elway wants him a piece of that.

rcsodak
03-16-2011, 09:20 AM
what about this: they're thinking of trading tebow rather than orton?We do think alike

SR
03-16-2011, 09:23 AM
We do think alike

Not sure how good this might be.

rcsodak
03-16-2011, 09:24 AM
Huh? :confused:Evidently somebody thinks pretty highly of gaffney.

RebelRocker
03-16-2011, 10:24 AM
I didn't say anything about them trying to bait someone into trading up. I just said it was a smokescreen. It's just to keep other teams guessing. Maybe even for round 2, IDK. I doubt Locker makes it to round 2 though, there are a lot of teams that need a QB this year and most mocks have him going in the second half of the 1st round at the lowest. If they trade up into the first to get him, it's becuase they want him to start ASAP and I would think that eliminates Tebow. That would be pretty dumb though. I hope they're smarter than that.

Honestly it makes no sense why they are working him out. Maybe he has a hot mom and Elway wants him a piece of that.

What mock drafts are you reading? I've seen Locker fall as far as #41 to the Redskins in a LOT of mock drafts. I haven't seen one where's he's projected to go in the 1st in a while.

jhns
03-16-2011, 11:07 AM
Why? Because Orton is bad and Tebow is a question mark. The better question would be why shouldn't they work out QBs? That said, Locker is terrible. I really hope they don't really consider him.

rcsodak
03-16-2011, 11:09 AM
What mock drafts are you reading? I've seen Locker fall as far as #41 to the Redskins in a LOT of mock drafts. I haven't seen one where's he's projected to go in the 1st in a while.

But I thought Mayocks word was prophetic? He has him #2qb!

SR
03-16-2011, 11:23 AM
Mayock sucks.

SOCALORADO.
03-16-2011, 11:26 AM
Mayock sucks.

The whole "Top class" of QBs sucks.
I think in the end, the best QBs will be Kapernick and Devlin. Maybe, MAYBE! Ponder in a west coast system.

Luck and Barkley are already 10 times as talented and NFL ready. Next years class will draw some real moves by teams.

BigSarge87
03-16-2011, 11:36 AM
Why? Because Orton is bad and Tebow is a question mark. The better question would be why shouldn't they work out QBs? That said, Locker is terrible. I really hope they don't really consider him.

Yeah, let's add another rookie QB! Two question marks is better than one, right! In fact, lets use a top pick on one! Screw the defense!

You can't be serious.

Tebow might be a question mark, but he's a question mark with one year of NFL experience who has showed some potential. There's no reason to draft a QB this year.

rcsodak
03-16-2011, 11:38 AM
The whole "Top class" of QBs sucks.
I think in the end, the best QBs will be Kapernick and Devlin. Maybe, MAYBE! Ponder in a west coast system.

Luck and Barkley are already 10 times as talented and NFL ready. Next years class will draw some real moves by teams.

^^^
*Let everybody know that the aforementioned post is PURELY an uninformed opinion, and by NO MEANS is meant to portray said poster know more than the next guy.*

You'll thank me later. ; )

BigSarge87
03-16-2011, 11:41 AM

Then you haven't looked around much. Before I posted that, just to be sure, I googled mock draft and looked at a few of the ones that came up. 2 of them had him going in the 20's, one of them had him going like 14. I don't care enough to go find the links for you. Not sure why it's that big of a deal.

SOCALORADO.
03-16-2011, 11:52 AM
^^^
*Let everybody know that the aforementioned post is PURELY an uninformed opinion, and by NO MEANS is meant to portray said poster know more than the next guy.*

You'll thank me later. ; )

You forgot to high five your own post.
DISCLAIMER
The above comment is in no way meant to verbally do harm to said poster or is made in jest to previous ludicrious, loon, fringe comments made by the aformentioned poster.

rcsodak
03-16-2011, 11:58 AM
You forgot to high five your own post.
DISCLAIMER
The above comment is in no way meant to verbally do harm to said poster or is made in jest to previous ludicrious, loon, fringe comments made by the aformentioned poster.
Fine.....I'll just acquiesce to the all-knowing, then.

:rolleyes:

SR
03-16-2011, 12:01 PM
I wish I had a bigger gap between what I think and reality.

SOCALORADO.
03-16-2011, 12:09 PM
Fine.....I'll just acquiesce to the all-knowing, then.

Well, you are the "Mobile Poster Of The Year"

*Note the caps used correctly*

jhns
03-16-2011, 12:12 PM
Yeah, let's add another rookie QB! Two question marks is better than one, right! In fact, lets use a top pick on one! Screw the defense!

You can't be serious.

Tebow might be a question mark, but he's a question mark with one year of NFL experience who has showed some potential. There's no reason to draft a QB this year.

Right, you know better than them. What was I thinking?

By the way, if we draft a QB, he would be the only rookie QB on the team.

rcsodak
03-16-2011, 12:22 PM
Well, you are the "Mobile Poster Of The Year"

*Note the caps used correctly*

:confused:

Ok?

Though I think LoneStar prolly has that honor.

SR
03-16-2011, 12:23 PM
Prolly?

nevcraw
03-16-2011, 12:25 PM
I hope they find what they are looking for. just not sure the need to look at a project QB who doesnt work well from under the center which Elway hisself defined as a neccesity.. Besides - We already have the best pedigreed, intangibled, and highly atheltic QB project possible already under contract..

rcsodak
03-16-2011, 12:25 PM
I wish I had a bigger gap between what I think and reality.I think reality is overrated here.

BigSarge87
03-16-2011, 02:18 PM
Right, you know better than them. What was I thinking?

By the way, if we draft a QB, he would be the only rookie QB on the team.

Thanks genius.

jhns
03-16-2011, 03:28 PM
Thanks genius.

No problem.

elsid13
03-16-2011, 04:15 PM
The answer to the original post is very simple - someone or someones in the front office is interested in what Locker brings to the table. They are kicking the tires to see, if what they saw on film and at the combine is worth pursuing.

Bullgator
03-16-2011, 04:48 PM
Ill say it again...

I think Fox is making Tebow an offense taylored to his skill set and needs someone that can run and throw as a backup incase Superman decides ro run over Ray Lewis. You dont want to scrap your whole offense if TT goes down, just throw in Locker... I think thats smart.

you heard it here firsst.. the O is going to be taylored around TT

bcbronc
03-16-2011, 05:07 PM
Ill say it again...

I think Fox is making Tebow an offense taylored to his skill set and needs someone that can run and throw as a backup incase Superman decides ro run over Ray Lewis. You dont want to scrap your whole offense if TT goes down, just throw in Locker... I think thats smart.

So you think the FO might take a BACK UP QB inside the top 50 picks? With all the holes we've got every where else?

Zero chance of that happening. If they take a Qb in the first or second round it won't be as an insurance policy incase "Superman" gets hurt. Kind of a ridiculous proposal, which is why everyone ignoredd it the first time.

Bullgator
03-16-2011, 06:05 PM
So you think the FO might take a BACK UP QB inside the top 50 picks? With all the holes we've got every where else?

Zero chance of that happening. If they take a Qb in the first or second round it won't be as an insurance policy incase "Superman" gets hurt. Kind of a ridiculous proposal, which is why everyone ignoredd it the first time.

You say zero chance of that happening, while they are working out locker... hmm... locker will be the last QB picked, DB would have no problem picking him up in the 3rd round after they shore up some D.. and dont forget they will pick up another 2nd rounder for KO. Too bad I have to spell everything oot for you just so you know what im talking aboot.

my main point is that the O isgoing to be taylored around TT and his abilities.. that would be wickidahhhsome ey?

RebelRocker
03-16-2011, 07:07 PM
Ill say it again...

I doubt it.

bcbronc
03-16-2011, 07:11 PM
You say zero chance of that happening, while they are working out locker... hmm... locker will be the last QB picked, DB would have no problem picking him up in the 3rd round after they shore up some D.. and dont forget they will pick up another 2nd rounder for KO. Too bad I have to spell everything oot for you just so you know what im talking aboot.

my main point is that the O isgoing to be taylored around TT and his abilities.. that would be wickidahhhsome ey?

so you're saying, for the first time in the history of the NFL, an offense is going to be built around the quarterback?? I dunno, pretty radical concept, one I'm not sold on.

and Locker won't be around in the 3rd round. If we want him, we'd have to trade back from #2 or keep our fingers crossed that he's there at 36. And if we take him, it means Tebow be Tebye-bye.

I don't think it happens, at any rate. But one can infer from them kicking the tires that the FO is less sold on Tebow than you are. If Tebow does get traded, do you have a preference who your new favourite NFL team is?

sneakers
03-16-2011, 07:13 PM
Just to throw off the competition

I Eat Staples
03-16-2011, 09:23 PM
To answer the question: because we have a somewhat unhappy veteran whom the franchise doesn't view as a long term option, and a FB that throws the ball.

And pretty boy Quinn.

Bullgator
03-16-2011, 10:30 PM
so you're saying, for the first time in the history of the NFL, an offense is going to be built around the quarterback?? I dunno, pretty radical concept, one I'm not sold on.

and Locker won't be around in the 3rd round. If we want him, we'd have to trade back from #2 or keep our fingers crossed that he's there at 36. And if we take him, it means Tebow be Tebye-bye.

I don't think it happens, at any rate. But one can infer from them kicking the tires that the FO is less sold on Tebow than you are. If Tebow does get traded, do you have a preference who your new favourite NFL team is?

Only one so negative as yourself can infer that the FO is not sold on Tebow by looking at a prospect with a similar skillset as Tebow. I mean if your are not sold on Tebow why waste a pick on some one LIKE tebow but with even less experience?

Someone who is positive such as my self would infer what i already proposed.

For the first time in history there is, IMO, a player that can throw and run but with also the build and duribility to keep playing his style... like a randal cunningham or vick who is a hair slower but built like a linebacker. proprtional, compact, built for impact, not a fine tuned mechanism that can be easily be broken like vick.

The duel threat he posesses makes defenses play honest and Tebow then exploits the 1 on 1 matchup. be it with his feet or his arm. Im not the first to suggest an O be built around Tebow. here is a link of some like minded people. @ 57 seconds you can hear peirce talk about the NFL having to adapt to Tebow not the other way around.

http://search.espn.go.com/will-tebow-s-game-translate-to-the-nfl?/

You dont force Tebow to become a dropback QB, there are others better suited for that. You let him do what he does, thats put the defense in a pickle and exploit the weakness.

as for him getting traded to another team... IDK if that does happen i hope he goes to a fanbase that is more accepting to his fans. other than that i have no prefrence.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-16-2011, 10:38 PM
Most Bronco fans have more than accepted Tebow.

Bullgator
03-16-2011, 10:50 PM

Every fanbase would accept Tebow. I said more accepting of his fans. Hes going to have fans follow him for crying out loud. what do you expect? but to show up and be run over because they are "his" fans and not the teams yet IMO is uncalled for. I can be an ******* but if we all go back and read the first posts we would all see that i was attcked first for being a phony half breed.. from that point i never backed down and fired a more than few shots myself. im not proud, made alot of enemies by not shuting up and "earning my stripes" but what are you gonna do? here we are and it is what it is. I would like to play nice and actually make friends here but i really dont see that happening any time soon.

bcbronc
03-16-2011, 11:19 PM
Only one so negative as yourself can infer that the FO is not sold on Tebow by looking at a prospect with a similar skillset as Tebow. I mean if your are not sold on Tebow why waste a pick on some one LIKE tebow but with even less experience?

I'm too in love with the world to be negative.

you see looking at a guy with a similar skillset, I see a guy who plays the same position.

maybe Elway feels some sort of PAC10 connection with Locker. maybe Elway feels Tebow is too "last regime" for his liking, and wants to bring in his own guy. nothing unusual about that.

Someone who is positive such as my self would infer what i already proposed.

If you want a similar skill set as a back-up you use a 7th rounder, not a 2nd. Think of the kind of guys we'd be leaving on the board if we were to take Locker. makes me puke just thinking about it.

For the first time in history there is, IMO, a player that can throw and run but with also the build and duribility to keep playing his style... like a randal cunningham or vick who is a hair slower but built like a linebacker. proprtional, compact, built for impact, not a fine tuned mechanism that can be easily be broken like vick.

there's no such thing as built for impact when you're a QB. That's oxymoronic.

If he needs to be a power back to be an effective QB, he's not going to be an every down player. The games become so specialized, I'd be okay with Tebow as a short yardage/red zone QB and feel he's already proved he can be effective in that role.

maybe that's the plan, get Locker to be the #1 and then have Tebow for special plays and to have a similar skill set as a back-up. Knowing Tebow's unselfish team-first character, he'd relish that role imo.

The duel threat he posesses makes defenses play honest and Tebow then exploits the 1 on 1 matchup. be it with his feet or his arm. Im not the first to suggest an O be built around Tebow. here is a link of some like minded people. @ 57 seconds you can hear peirce talk about the NFL having to adapt to Tebow not the other way around.

I didn't think you were the first to suggest building your O around your QB. I actually kind of thought it was the general rule of thumb.

You dont force Tebow to become a dropback QB, there are others better suited for that. You let him do what he does, thats put the defense in a pickle and exploit the weakness.

I do agree there. Vick got to the NFCCG being a one-read and go QB. if you're going to go with him, play to Tebow's strengths, which we agree is not being in the pocket.

but he can't be a one trick pony either.

as for him getting traded to another team... IDK if that does happen i hope he goes to a fanbase that is more accepting to his fans. other than that i have no prefrence.

I hear ya. Josh McDaniels made some of the same mistakes you did when he was new. I'm sure both of you picked up some life lessons! :beer:

Bullgator
03-16-2011, 11:31 PM
we can go back and forth trying to convince each other, but I would rather wait and see.

BC how much of TT's play have you actually seen? just curious.

bcbronc
03-16-2011, 11:52 PM
we can go back and forth trying to convince each other, but I would rather wait and see.

as long as "wait and see" includes not starting a new thread for every Tebow article, agreed.

not as much as you, obviously. but Tebow wasn't exactly under the radar when it came to NCAA highlights and pundit discussion. :laugh: as for watched in real time, his Bronco stuff, which is the important thing, and 1-2 Florida games per season, plus bowls.

Bullgator
03-17-2011, 12:02 AM
well IF you get bored enough to check this out, it will catch you up on most every running play hes ever had. dont want to push anything on you or convince you of anything lol. but by duribilty this clip is what i mean... ironically the only time he was ever hurt was being sacked in the pocket(blind side).

duribility is just that no matter the position IMO... also hit mute music blows

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsS3nlGbqrE

RebelRocker
03-17-2011, 01:06 AM

Enough to know that he's not the future of the franchise and that we're exploiting him because he's one of the few money makers we have on a team that's 5 years removed from their last play-off appearance and desperate at this point to get 'back in the mix' with the media and the elite teams of the league. It's fans like that you make me root against a good guy like Tebow. I was one of the few REAL Broncos fans that supported us drafting him last year.

After the failure of the McDaniels regime and seeing how much work he still needs to do before he can become a good NFL QB, it's easy for me at this point to accept the fact that the new regime is exploring their options. As a TRUE Broncos fan, I just want more super bowl wins. I don't care if Rusty McBrainfart is our starting QB, as long as he wins us more lombardi trophies, I'm fine with that.

It's time to get this franchise back on track and if that means dealing a "popular" player, then so be it. I love this team more than anybody that plays on it.

:salute:

rcsodak
03-17-2011, 07:56 AM
So this thread gave birth? Way to go, bc. :tsk:

SR
03-17-2011, 08:55 AM

It's some of the obsessive fans of Tebow that we're not adjusting so well to.

SR
03-17-2011, 09:00 AM
Enough to know that he's not the future of the franchise and that we're exploiting him because he's one of the few money makers we have on a team that's 5 years removed from their last play-off appearance and desperate at this point to get 'back in the mix' with the media and the elite teams of the league. It's fans like that you make me root against a good guy like Tebow. I was one of the few REAL Broncos fans that supported us drafting him last year.

After the failure of the McDaniels regime and seeing how much work he still needs to do before he can become a good NFL QB, it's easy for me at this point to accept the fact that the new regime is exploring their options. As a TRUE Broncos fan, I just want more super bowl wins. I don't care if Rusty McBrainfart is our starting QB, as long as he wins us more lombardi trophies, I'm fine with that.

It's time to get this franchise back on track and if that means dealing a "popular" player, then so be it. I love this team more than anybody that plays on it.

:salute:

Good post. Though, my opinion of drafting Tebow differs from yours, I still agree with the intent of this post.

foxyladi14
03-17-2011, 11:02 AM

gotta be it:laugh::news:

TXBRONC
03-17-2011, 12:32 PM
Ill say it again...

That's a rather big leap considering that we're in the middle of a lockout. It will be hard to taylor an offense to Tebow when he isn't even ready to be the starting quarterback. Sadly he wont have chance to unless they get this dispute taken care in the very nearby future.

TXBRONC
03-17-2011, 12:39 PM
Every fanbase would accept Tebow. I said more accepting of his fans. Hes going to have fans follow him for crying out loud. what do you expect? but to show up and be run over because they are "his" fans and not the teams yet IMO is uncalled for. I can be an ******* but if we all go back and read the first posts we would all see that i was attcked first for being a phony half breed.. from that point i never backed down and fired a more than few shots myself. im not proud, made alot of enemies by not shuting up and "earning my stripes" but what are you gonna do? here we are and it is what it is. I would like to play nice and actually make friends here but i really dont see that happening any time soon.

You would be if stopped antangonzing the fans of the Broncos. What do I expect? I expect that you wont keep trying shove Tebow up my ass like he's the only freakin player on the Broncos. Hell he hasn't even established himself as franchise quarterback. If you were really interested playing nice and making friends you would stop every freakin thing about Tebow.

Bullgator
03-17-2011, 01:53 PM
You would be if stopped antangonzing the fans of the Broncos. What do I expect? I expect that you wont keep trying shove Tebow up my ass like he's the only freakin player on the Broncos. Hell he hasn't even established himself as franchise quarterback. If you were really interested playing nice and making friends you would stop every freakin thing about Tebow.

Nobodys shoving anything up your ass(you let yourself open there... ill let it slide)

I cant help some of you are over Tebowed out... thats not my problem... im not posting anything that doesnt have to do with the broncos.

some of you guys are just too sensitive, thats all. You guys make it a big deal.. not the fans... you guys add 17 pages to threads you call to be holed exausting yourselves about how you hate his fans and his exposure... just resist posting on him and let it be water under the bridge. you guys are the ones bumping the thread and getting more attention than it deserves.

cause ill tell you now anything i deem news on TT WILL be posted. I promise this isnt to beat into liking TT or annoy you... but beleive it or not it will be appreciated by other people who are actually interested in it.

aint always about wha you guys dont like... maybe sometimes its about what pro TT fans like. sorry, not meant to annoy you. Live and let Live BX

SR
03-17-2011, 02:02 PM
Nobodys shoving anything up your ass(you let yourself open there... ill let it slide)

I cant help some of you are over Tebowed out... thats not my problem... im not posting anything that doesnt have to do with the broncos.

some of you guys are just too sensitive, thats all. You guys make it a big deal.. not the fans... you guys add 17 pages to threads you call to be holed exausting yourselves about how you hate his fans and his exposure... just resist posting on him and let it be water under the bridge. you guys are the ones bumping the thread and getting more attention than it deserves.

cause ill tell you now anything i deem news on TT WILL be posted. I promise this isnt to beat into liking TT or annoy you... but beleive it or not it will be appreciated by other people who are actually interested in it.
aint always about wha you guys dont like... maybe sometimes its about what pro TT fans like. sorry, not meant to annoy you. Live and let Live BX

Do you still wonder why people are on you like a fly on shit all the time?

TXBRONC
03-17-2011, 02:03 PM
It's some of the obsessive fans of Tebow that we're not adjusting so well to.

Yep. Some of them are just antagonistic.

SR
03-17-2011, 02:04 PM
Yep. Some of them are just antagonistic.

It's too bad some of them aren't more like Tebow; humble and personable.

TXBRONC
03-17-2011, 02:05 PM

:sad:

I want the kid to succeed but I as a fan know he's not the only player on the team.

I tell you this a Tebow fan that is assimilating is jaxgatorgirl.

rcsodak
03-17-2011, 02:13 PM
I wonder when his 'bois' are gonna drop?

Its hard to not picture roseanne barr whenever I heard his cadence.

rcsodak
03-17-2011, 02:16 PM

I want the kid to succeed but I as a fan know he's not the only player on the team.

I tell you this a Tebow fan that is trying assimilate is jaxgatorgirl.

Fans are a melting pot......and with it comes a few rocks.

dogfish
03-17-2011, 02:18 PM
PFT reports that elway attended blaine gabbert's workout today. . .

i suppose he might have been there to check out aldon smith, but it seems beyond coincidental that the duke is watching all these QB workouts-- and it was recently reported that we're going to meet with jake locker. . .

i have to admit, i'm starting to get a little disturbed about this. . . any confidence i have in this regime going forward is going to be completely crushed if they spend our top pick on a quarterback. . . particularly in this shit class. . . it's not the end of the world if tebow's not their guy, but i certainly don't see any way you can justify taking a player like gabbert or locker before giving tim a chance. . . it's one thing if you have a chance to grab a prospect of luck's caliber, but it would be retarded to pass on a stud DL for some wish and a prayer kyle boller or jake plummer clone. . .

TXBRONC
03-17-2011, 02:19 PM
Fans are a melting pot......and with it comes a few rocks.

Yeah but the rocks are usually fished out.

TXBRONC
03-17-2011, 02:22 PM

i suppose he might have been there to check out aldon smith, but it seems beyond coincidental that the duke is watching all these QB workouts-- and it was recently reported that we're going to meet with jake locker. . .

i have to admit, i'm starting to get a little disturbed about this. . . any confidence i have in this regime going forward is going to be completely crushed if they spend our top pick on a quarterback. . . particularly in this shit class. . . it's not the end of the world if tebow's not their guy, but i certainly don't see any way you can justify taking a player like gabbert or locker before giving tim a chance. . . it's one thing if you have a chance to grab a prospect of luck's caliber, but it would be retarded to pass on a stud DL for some wish and a prayer kyle boller or jake plummer clone. . .

I honestly don't see that happening Dog. Just back away from ledge slowly because everything is going to be alright. :salute:

Denver Native (Carol)
03-17-2011, 02:27 PM

Is there a possibility that they will draft a QB at 2 to immediately trade that player, along with receiving a high pick, to a team in desperate need of a QB - just a thought.

SR
03-17-2011, 02:29 PM
Is there a possibility that they will draft a QB at 2 to immediately trade that player, along with receiving a high pick, to a team in desperate need of a QB - just a thought.

I don't see that happening. That's more of a gamble than just drafting Gabbert or Locker.

TXBRONC
03-17-2011, 02:34 PM

I'm with SR on this I just don't see that happening. Whatever player we take is the players we keep imo.

rcsodak
03-17-2011, 02:36 PM
I honestly don't see that happening Dog. Just back away from ledge slowly because everything is going to be alright. :salute:

Gil Brandt was just on, an said his opinion of Gabbert was changed. Said he had an excellent workout. Also said Mizzou will have 2 players go in the top 15. Rex Ryan was there by himself as well.

Bullgator
03-17-2011, 02:36 PM

I tell you this a Tebow fan that is assimilating is jaxgatorgirl.

why because the poor girl doesnt dare to post at all? you guys even scared off of high fiving lol. :tsk:

BigSarge87
03-17-2011, 02:49 PM
This along with the Locker talk makes me wonder if they've had some discussion with other teams about moving down in the draft.

Really it creates a couple of scenarios that would be interesting to discuss (even if not likely or plausible). Maybe they trade down, trade T-Nuts, pick up a couple high picks out of the deal and still take a QB in round 1?

IDK, just tossing around conspiracy theories for the sake of discussion.

SR
03-17-2011, 02:51 PM
Anything is possible, but if Denver does anything other than pick Dareus or Fairley, I'll be highly enraged. At some point, someone needs to stop and say "our defense is ******* pathetic...lets do something about it".

TXBRONC
03-17-2011, 02:54 PM
This along with the Locker talk makes me wonder if they've had some discussion with other teams about moving down in the draft.

Really it creates a couple of scenarios that would be interesting to discuss (even if not likely or plausible). Maybe they trade down, trade T-Nuts, pick up a couple high picks out of the deal and still take a QB in round 1?

IDK, just tossing around conspiracy theories for the sake of discussion.

If no CBA is in place they can't trade Tebow even if that's what they really want to do.

I Eat Staples
03-17-2011, 02:58 PM

I think almost every fan on these boards has seen as much of his NFL play as you have.

That's assuming you did watch those games.

G_Money
03-17-2011, 02:59 PM
Just putting pressure on anybody who wants a QB that we might take one there ourselves if we don't trade out of the pick and they'd lose out on Newton/Gabbert.

It's just gamesmanship for a potential draft-day deal.

Unless Elway really likes Gabbert as the next Drew Brees, anyway. B)

~G

BigSarge87
03-17-2011, 02:59 PM
If no CBA is in place they can't trade Tebow even if that's what they really want to do.

I know, I was assuming a deal was done.

Bullgator
03-17-2011, 03:01 PM
I think almost every fan on these boards has seen as much of his NFL play as you have.

That's assuming you did watch those games.

not going to lie i dont get to see the live games down here... i have to resort to scowering the net for clips. pretty bitter about that. i can say i have by now seen every TT snap so far.

wish there was a way for me to see all the games on the net

I Eat Staples
03-17-2011, 03:05 PM
not going to lie i dont get to see the live games down here... i have to resort to scowering the net for clips. pretty bitter about that. i can say i have by now seen every TT snap so far.

wish there was a way for me to see all the games on the net

I watch every game on the net, I can link you next season (provided we have one.)

But if you didn't have the opportunity to watch all of Tebow's games, you shouldn't assume someone else hasn't and call them out for it.

TXBRONC
03-17-2011, 03:09 PM
I know, I was assuming a deal was done.

You should never assume. :tsk: :D

SR
03-17-2011, 03:18 PM
You should never assume. :tsk: :D

Ass u me

rcsodak
03-17-2011, 03:19 PM
I don't think they can without the CBA, can they?

BigSarge87
03-17-2011, 03:21 PM
Just putting pressure on anybody who wants a QB that we might take one there ourselves if we don't trade out of the pick and they'd lose out on Newton/Gabbert.

It's just gamesmanship for a potential draft-day deal.

Unless Elway really likes Gabbert as the next Drew Brees, anyway. B)

~G

G, isn't B) the emoticon for a fat chick with her shirt off? :eek: JK

rcsodak
03-17-2011, 03:22 PM
Ass u me
You're so smart.

BigSarge87
03-17-2011, 03:23 PM
Ass u me

Wow, feel like I'm in a staff meeting! Let's do some MDMP!! jk

SR
03-17-2011, 03:24 PM
You're so smart.

Isn't envy a cardinal sin?

SR
03-17-2011, 03:24 PM
Wow, feel like I'm in a staff meeting! Let's do some MDMP!! jk

:laugh:

rcsodak
03-17-2011, 03:27 PM
G, isn't B) the emoticon for a fat chick with her shirt off? :eek: JK
I conjured one up for Gem and her set of ta-ta's.

;-B--:

BigSarge87
03-17-2011, 03:55 PM
I conjured one up for Gem and her set of ta-ta's.

;-B--:

lol, suddenly quiet in this thread....

Bullgator
03-17-2011, 04:00 PM
lol, suddenly quiet in this thread....

there is like 25 users in the hot woman thread right now... strange...

rcsodak
03-17-2011, 04:04 PM
Isn't envy a cardinal sin?
Lmao.........

Bullgator
03-17-2011, 04:15 PM
I watch every game on the net, I can link you next season (provided we have one.)

But if you didn't have the opportunity to watch all of Tebow's games, you shouldn't assume someone else hasn't and call them out for it.

thx looking forward to the link when the season rolls around...

i was talking about his college career, i know you guys all watch your games lol.

i know i know you dont care about college

TXBRONC
03-17-2011, 04:59 PM
Lmao.........

So is being a smart ass. :D

vettesplus
03-17-2011, 05:46 PM
Because denver doesnt have one that is a pro level or starting level on there roster...

rcsodak
03-17-2011, 05:47 PM
So is being a smart ass. :D...and just being wrong!

:lol:

I Eat Staples
03-17-2011, 08:29 PM
thx looking forward to the link when the season rolls around...

i was talking about his college career, i know you guys all watch your games lol.

i know i know you dont care about college

I care about college, college success just doesn't mean much for NFL success. And watching Tebow in college (not nearly as much as you did, I'm sure) just makes me think his skill set isn't fit for this league.

rcsodak
03-18-2011, 08:29 AM
So here's how I see it...take for what its worth:
if no cba before august, hello KO/no qb drafted
if cba after draft, by june, goodbye KO/no qb drafted/fa qb gets signed
if cba before draft, goodbye KO/still don't see qb drafted/hello fa qb
Remember, teams like to check guys out now, so if they get cut or become fa's, they'll have some clue about them.

Adallah, of the union, made a statement yesterday....maybe accidentally on purpose.....dunno.
'If we don't have a CBA in place by september, there won't BE any season'.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-20-2011, 01:19 PM
A workout is scheduled with Washington quarterback Jake Locker.

The Broncos already have checked out the pro day workouts of Cam Newton, Blaine Gabbert and Ryan Mallett.

What in the name of Tim Tebow, a quarterback drafted in the first round last year, are the Broncos doing checking out all these projected first-round passers this year?

"We're going to check out all the players on our board," Broncos general manager Brian Xanders said. "That's just how you have to do it."

I begin by submitting there is no way the Broncos will take a quarterback with their No. 2 overall draft pick. No way in Tebow. There's some chance — not a great chance, but some — they take one of those quarterbacks if they should slip to one of their two picks in the second round.

I don't believe the Broncos are checking out the new generation of quarterbacks because they doubt Tebow can become their franchise quarterback. I believe Broncos bosses John Elway, John Fox and Xanders love Tebow, flaws and all.

full article - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_17654662

robert ethan
03-20-2011, 03:08 PM

What I've been saying all along. Denver has Orton and Quinn on hand to break in a young QB. Tebow is a much better alternative for teams who want a young QB but don't have a vet to cover for him. Like Cincinnati, Minnesota, to name a couple. I believe they could get at least the pick they used for him in the draft last year or some equivalent value. If they aren't sold on Tebow long term, draft another kid and trade Tim for picks. It might work out better for all concerned. Orton/Quinn would get to start another year, Tebow would become the main guy wherever he ended up, and the Broncos could break in their future QB and use the picks they got for Tim at other positions.:coffee:

robert ethan
03-20-2011, 03:12 PM
full article - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_17654662

What I said in the post above. If there is a strong offer for Orton, they trade him and keep Tebow and Quinn. If there is a strong offer for Tebow they trade him, keep Orton and/or Quinn and draft another QB. Both those players have much higher value than anyone here is giving them credit for. Which is another thing I've said all along. You'll see. Broncos are just keeping all options open.

rcsodak
03-20-2011, 03:19 PM
What I've been saying all along. Denver has Orton and Quinn on hand to break in a young QB. Tebow is a much better alternative for teams who want a young QB but don't have a vet to cover for him. Like Cincinnati, Minnesota, to name a couple. I believe they could get at least the pick they used for him in the draft last year or some equivalent value. If they aren't sold on Tebow long term, draft another kid and trade Tim for picks. It might work out better for all concerned. Orton/Quinn would get to start another year, Tebow would become the main guy wherever he ended up, and the Broncos could break in their future QB and use the picks they got for Tim at other positions.:coffee:
Iirc, TT's is nearly all guaranteed.

robert ethan
03-20-2011, 03:24 PM
Iirc, TT's is nearly all guaranteed.

You think that Tebow's contract would be a deterent? Not for a team that sees him as a starting QB. I think he has no more than about 8 mil guaranteed remaining on his deal, and that is spread over three years. A top pick would cost 5 times as much for the same period of time.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-20-2011, 03:26 PM
What I said in the post above. If there is a strong offer for Orton, they trade him and keep Tebow and Quinn. If there is a strong offer for Tebow they trade him, keep Orton and/or Quinn and draft another QB. Both those players have much higher value than anyone here is giving them credit for. Which is another thing I've said all along. You'll see. Broncos are just keeping all options open.

However, no matter how the quarterback position shakes out, if Tebow weren't the starter, the Broncos would certainly find a role for him, most likely in the red zone. They have a significant financial stake in Tebow as well, given the fact that virtually all of his contract is guaranteed.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_17648798

This is by Legwold - ANOTHER writer for the Denver Post, who along with Klis, COVERS the Broncos year round. Sorry, but IMO, they know more than fans do.

rcsodak
03-20-2011, 03:46 PM

This is by Legwold - ANOTHER writer for the Denver Post, who along with Klis, COVERS the Broncos year round. Sorry, but IMO, they know more than fans do.
:hi5:

robert ethan
03-20-2011, 04:18 PM

I don't understand the problem. If Tebow is traded his contract goes with him. It's not like he is being cut, which is what I believe Legwold must be referring to. Obviously they aren't just going to dump Tim, but in terms of trade his contract becomes a bargain for a team looking at him as a starter, and adds to his trade value considerably. A 23 year old QB with NFL experience, tremendous fan appeal, on a three year deal for less than 10 million (excluding bonuses) is finding a like new Ferrari for 10 grand.

robert ethan
03-20-2011, 04:57 PM
One thing no one has considered is that by drafting Gabbert, who I think will be the clearcut #1 QB by the time the draft happens, Broncos create a larger trade market for Tebow or Orton. One of the teams behind them will end up missing on the QB they wanted in the draft, be it Gabbert, Newton who will probably go next, or any of the other top prospects. Then their attention has to shift to acquiring a veteran in trade.

vandammage13
03-21-2011, 08:15 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81ec534b/article/broncos-titans-vikings-among-teams-to-work-out-qb-locker?module=HP_headlines

Two....Has anyone ever thought of using two mobile/passing QBs in the same backfield?

With a tough guy/team guy/leader like Tebow, he will play where you put him without question, Tebow stands for Team.

So look at the problems the wildcat offense caused.

What happens when you stick two capable, mobile QBs in the backfield who can both pass or run?

I always am open to innovation and a team trying new ways to run an offense that hasn't been done before (At one time the WCO was unheard of, and now multiple Superbowls have been won with teams using this type of offense). That being said, John Fox doesn't strike me as the innovative type that would try something like this. He has shown to be a conservative, close to the vest type. There will be no innovation in this offense, as Fox will stick to the proven, conservative, run-first offense.

I'm not saying a 2 QB backfield couldn't work (at least as a change of pace offense), but it is going to take an offensive genius with some balls to make it work, and I don't think Fox is that kind of guy. That's not a knock on Fox, but he is what he is, just a solid, run-of-the-mill, standard HC.

SR
03-21-2011, 08:17 AM
If we have a solid run game I'm happy. Running the ball well does nothing but help the passing offense.

Northman
03-21-2011, 08:52 AM
I have yet to see anywhere where its been mentioned by the organization that they dont like Tebow or want to trade him. All ive seen is that they think he needs some work, something that every young QB needs.

rcsodak
03-21-2011, 09:03 AM
I have yet to see anywhere where its been mentioned by the organization that they dont like Tebow or want to trade him. All ive seen is that they think he needs some work, something that every young QB needs.
True. What would you do if you could get a rookie qb that's better than your 1st yr qb, would you do it?
Then let them compete?

SR
03-21-2011, 09:05 AM
True. What would you do if you could get a rookie qb that's better than your 1st yr qb, would you do it?
Then let them compete?

Aren't a rookie QB and a "1st yr qb" the same thing? :confused:

rcsodak
03-21-2011, 09:22 AM
Aren't a rookie QB and a "1st yr qb" the same thing? :confused:no

SR
03-21-2011, 09:23 AM
Hm.

rcsodak
03-21-2011, 09:25 AM
Aren't a rookie QB and a "1st yr qb" the same thing? :confused:
you got guys here who can't spell for shit/ones that make you scratch your head....and you jump my shit for saying 1st vs 2nd?
really?

Douche!

rcsodak
03-21-2011, 09:26 AM
:couch:

SR
03-21-2011, 09:27 AM
you got guys here who can't spell for shit/ones that make you scratch your head....and you jump my shit for saying 1st vs 2nd?
really?

Douche!

I hope I see you around some time.

rcsodak
03-21-2011, 09:29 AM
I hope I see you around some time.
:lol:

Hoping to get to rc over Memorial Day weekend. You can kick my ass then.

SR
03-21-2011, 09:34 AM
I will have too many things going on that weekend.

rcsodak
03-21-2011, 09:41 AM
I will have too many things going on that weekend.
Your loss. :yawn:

SR
03-21-2011, 09:55 AM
Not so much. I'll have a newborn hanging around the house about that time. More important to me than you.

robert ethan
03-21-2011, 10:28 AM
Allegedly, Philly has received a first round pick offer for Kevin Freaking Kolb:laugh:. Kolb was from the same draft as Quinn and has worse stats in the league to this point. Not only that but Quinn is bigger, younger, and tested better as an athlete. Bronco QBs are severely underrated. Especially in Denver.

SR
03-21-2011, 10:34 AM
I thought player trades were on hold until there was a new CBA?

rcsodak
03-21-2011, 10:38 AM
I thought player trades were on hold until there was a new CBA?exactly.
And* sniff*....I know.

SR
03-21-2011, 10:49 AM
So the allegation of Philly receiving an offer for Kolb is BS. Basically.

Cugel
03-21-2011, 12:50 PM
So the allegation of Philly receiving an offer for Kolb is BS. Basically.

Yup! IT's wild speculation that they MIGHT make an offer for Kolb at this point. Sportswriters have nothing to write about but the lockout and the owners and players snarling at each other -- and who wants to read about that?

Since there's no FA to talk about, the rumor mills are going full-tilt. :coffee:

rcsodak
03-21-2011, 01:17 PM
So the allegation of Philly receiving an offer for Kolb is BS. Basically.you talkin' ta me? Personally, I think its hogwash....but that's just me. But after watching him start gm 1 last yr, and fizzling??? KO should garner 2 #1's! :eek:

rcsodak
03-21-2011, 01:35 PM
Ummm.....I didn t realize I was agreeing with cug, soooooo.....can I change my answer?

SR
03-21-2011, 01:45 PM
you talkin' ta me?

Nope. Sure wasn't.

rcsodak
03-21-2011, 02:04 PM
Nope. Sure wasn't.eh...it matters not anyway. I shanged my opinion.

SR
03-21-2011, 02:53 PM
I'm glad you shanged it.

rcsodak
03-21-2011, 03:16 PM
I'm glad you shanged it.
Shank you

Northman
03-21-2011, 03:42 PM
Then let them compete?

Not at this juncture.

Considering where we are at defensively and where there are greater problems on the Dline i would start there. I know i have a rookie QB who has done pretty well in 3 games but needs work. I also have a vet QB who has limitations but is easy to work with. So basically, i work on the defense which is my specialty, then worry about the QB position a couple years down the road if my current first rounder isnt the guy.

LTC Pain
03-21-2011, 03:58 PM
Not at this juncture.

Considering where we are at defensively and where there are greater problems on the Dline i would start there. I know i have a rookie QB who has done pretty well in 3 games but needs work. I also have a vet QB who has limitations but is easy to work with. So basically, i work on the defense which is my specialty, then worry about the QB position a couple years down the road if my current first rounder isnt the guy.

Northman for special assistant to John Elway :elefant::laugh::beer::lol:

SR
03-21-2011, 04:01 PM
I second that motion.

rcsodak
03-21-2011, 04:11 PM
Think the tide is changing.....on sirius nfl, shefter was on with pat/tim and they were calling out current qb names and where they're going to end up, this yr.
cpalmer-az
kkolb-cinci
korton-----------denver

nevcraw
03-21-2011, 07:44 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_17665644

In particular it's Tebow, a first-round pick of then-coach Josh McDaniels in last year's draft that has people scratching their heads as to why the Broncos are so earnestly evaluating the rookie QB crop this year.

"We're always looking for that guy," Elway said, when asked specifically about the so-called "franchise quarterback of the future." "We may already have the guy who can pull the trigger and win us a championship someday. We may have him. We don't know. We believe in Tim but he's not there yet."
Read more: Broncos' John Elway intrigued by quarterback class - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_17665644#ixzz1HHhxWpja

elsid13
03-21-2011, 08:24 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_17665644

Read more: Broncos' John Elway intrigued by quarterback class - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_17665644#ixzz1HHhxWpja

It pretty clear that Elway and the staff are interesting in improving the team and no position is safe for some competition. If Orton trade I wouldn't be surprised if QB is picked in the second.

SR
03-22-2011, 08:28 AM
I'm all for Elway and the rest of the front office doing what they think is right to move the team toward elite status again, even if that means ditching Tebow. I like Tebow and want to see him play and win, but winning is paramount.

rcsodak
03-22-2011, 08:47 AM
I'm all for Elway and the rest of the front office doing what they think is right to move the team toward elite status again, even if that means ditching Tebow. I like Tebow and want to see him play and win, but winning is paramount.

:eek:

SR
03-22-2011, 09:46 AM
Why does that come as a surprise to you? I have no allegiance to any single player on this team. I want the Broncos to win. I gave McD the benefit of the doubt when it seemed like he was legitimately trying to improve the team, but as time wore on and it became apparent he was ripping the franchise to shreds, I lost my faith in him. Now we have a fresh start with a new front office and a new coach, so my faith in the team has been restored until this "new" regime gives me reason not to believe. If they say they are going to restore this team to their winning ways, I will believe them and hope it's true. If it's with Tebow under center, so be it. I'd like for it to be that way, but if John MF Elway thinks that another QB gives us a better chance to win, who am I to argue with him.

MileHighCrew
03-22-2011, 01:24 PM
I trust in Elway and I think he should have the right to hang his hat on the players he chooses. He didn't choose Tebow, and although I hope Tebow is a star for the Broncos, if Elway and Co. choose to go another way I will support it.

robert ethan
03-22-2011, 01:44 PM
Maybe they have an offer on the table for Tebow already. They've certainly being doing all they can to let the rest of the league know that he is available.

SR
03-22-2011, 01:48 PM
I don't agree with that at all. I haven't heard anything from THE BRONCOS saying that Tebow is "available".

BigSarge87
03-22-2011, 02:19 PM
Why does that come as a surprise to you? I have no allegiance to any single player on this team. I want the Broncos to win. I gave McD the benefit of the doubt when it seemed like he was legitimately trying to improve the team, but as time wore on and it became apparent he was ripping the franchise to shreds, I lost my faith in him. Now we have a fresh start with a new front office and a new coach, so my faith in the team has been restored until this "new" regime gives me reason not to believe. If they say they are going to restore this team to their winning ways, I will believe them and hope it's true. If it's with Tebow under center, so be it. I'd like for it to be that way, but if John MF Elway thinks that another QB gives us a better chance to win, who am I to argue with him.

Great post. If I was an Avatar, my tail thingy would be probing the shit out of you right now, SR!

Seriously though, great post.

LTC Pain
03-22-2011, 02:25 PM
I don't agree with that at all. I haven't heard anything from THE BRONCOS saying that Tebow is "available".

Yeah RE, where are you getting the hallucination that the Broncos are making TT available???

BigSarge87
03-22-2011, 02:35 PM
Yeah RE, where are you getting the hallucination that the Broncos are making TT available???

They haven't publicly made him available or it would be the headline of every paper/website in the country. (and bullgator would have made 15 threads about it)

But I can see how not commiting to him would keep the door open for curious teams calling about him. That way Elway can gauge Tebow's value without announcing he's available. I don't see any reason not to entertain the idea.

Don't tag me as a Tebow hater, I really like him and I hope it works out with him, but I think Elway would be dumb not to keep all options open for now. I think he's playing it pretty smart so far.

SR
03-22-2011, 02:36 PM
I'll agree with that. Like I said before, if Tebow is our guy and can be successful, great.

Bullgator
03-22-2011, 03:17 PM
They haven't publicly made him available or it would be the headline of every paper/website in the country. (and bullgator would have made 15 threads about it)

But I can see how not commiting to him would keep the door open for curious teams calling about him. That way Elway can gauge Tebow's value without announcing he's available. I don't see any reason not to entertain the idea.

Don't tag me as a Tebow hater, I really like him and I hope it works out with him, but I think Elway would be dumb not to keep all options open for now. I think he's playing it pretty smart so far.

no way they would devalue Tim so much if he was on the block.. with comments like "hes not there yet" and "hes very raw" your not going to get good value... so we know TT isnt going anywhere...

IN FACT those comments are meant to make teams nervious that the DB are not sold on TT and may want to waste another pick on a QB forcing those teams to deal with denver so that maybe DB can trade down or get better value for KO... "well wdk if we want to give up KO for a 3rd.. we are not sold on Tim yet.." or "well WDK arizona... if you want gabbert or newton for sure you better take no. 2 off our hands... with Tims future in question here we may be too tempted... he is very raw after all" or better yet say what they HAVE been saying, that they are always looking for "that guy" and tims not there yet.

if you wanted to deal tim you would say somethng like... "Tim is a very good football player and has tremendous potential but at this time Tim's style of play doesnt fit Fox's conservative offense as well as a traditional drop back QB would. its going to take alot to seperate us from Tim but at the same time whoever gets him is going to be very pleased with the work ethic, energy and marketing value he brings to the table..."

not..... "hes very raw"

i still beleive Fox is buildling an offense around TT... nothing like the spread lol nothing crazy but alot of rushing + alot of playaction mixed with TT rushing + jab step play action in the red zone/3rd down situations to get the most out of the duel threat.

bottom line is TT isnt going anywhere and the broncos arent going to draft a QB unless one of the duel threat QBs slip into the 3rd round(backup to TT in new fox offense)remember that all the QBs they are working out all are 6-4 230 duel threats..

SR
03-22-2011, 03:21 PM
I'm listening to a band called Miss May I. I like them.

Bullgator
03-22-2011, 03:23 PM
I'll agree with that. Like I said before, if Tebow is our guy and can be successful, great.

you know if that happens im going to be insufferable. :ridinghorse:

KCL
03-22-2011, 03:31 PM
you know if that happens im going to be insufferable. :ridinghorse:

Going to be?

Bullgator
03-22-2011, 03:45 PM
Going to be? This is my sweet side you aint seen nothing yet lady :D

KCL
03-22-2011, 03:50 PM
This is my sweet side you aint seen nothing yet lady :D

We'll see how it goes IF there is football this season.

Dzone
03-22-2011, 04:11 PM
Elway obviously doesnt like Tebow. He has made that clear since he took the job.

bcbronc
03-22-2011, 04:13 PM
no way they would devalue Tim so much if he was on the block.. with comments like "hes not there yet" and "hes very raw" your not going to get good value... so we know TT isnt going anywhere...

IN FACT those comments are meant to make teams nervious that the DB are not sold on TT and may want to waste another pick on a QB forcing those teams to deal with denver so that maybe DB can trade down or get better value for KO... "well wdk if we want to give up KO for a 3rd.. we are not sold on Tim yet.." or "well WDK arizona... if you want gabbert or newton for sure you better take no. 2 off our hands... with Tims future in question here we may be too tempted... he is very raw after all" or better yet say what they HAVE been saying, that they are always looking for "that guy" and tims not there yet.

if you wanted to deal tim you would say somethng like... "Tim is a very good football player and has tremendous potential but at this time Tim's style of play doesnt fit Fox's conservative offense as well as a traditional drop back QB would. its going to take alot to seperate us from Tim but at the same time whoever gets him is going to be very pleased with the work ethic, energy and marketing value he brings to the table..."

ya....no. If the Broncos are considering a change at QB, they'd begin by gently breaking the news to the fan base that Tebow isn't their guy. you weren't following the Broncos at the time, but the previous regime answered a phone call about the QB position, and all hell broke loose. Tebow has a rabid, even cult, following (and not just Tebow imports either), so no way you'd go into moving him by building up his ability and saying he just doesn't fit.

too much pressure on the new kid. if he doesn't fit right away, and Tebow does anything, the fan base would be in flames. no, they would be anyway as Tebow vs New Guy would be the new sectarian conflict.

If the Broncos don't see Tebow as their guy, what they'd do is start out by saying how raw Tebow is. And they'd keep comments like "we're confident he'll be there one day soon" to a minimum. Then they'd start paying attention to other QBs...just because they were at a pro day to see x anyway; or they just want to cover all their bases.

next (although this one's tougher due to the labour situation) you'd start hearing how we're not really that far away. We're not looking at next season as a throw away year, we expect to make some noise. maybe even a playoff berth prediction. at this point, we'll be reminded how raw Tebow is, and that he's a good football player, but not a good QB.

then when the draft comes, and boom goes the dynamite. Elway will say "New QB is just further along doing the things a QB needs to do naturally to win at this level. Tebow is a going to be given a chance to compete in camp, and we feel he can still contribute to the Denver Broncos, even if he's not the #1 QB. But Orton gives us the best chance to win this season, and New Guy we see as a ten year starter in Orange and Blue."

I'd prefer just to address defense and give Tebow a year to see what he has. But the number of QBs the FO has looked at has me thinking a new QB is a real possibility.

BigSarge87
03-22-2011, 06:03 PM

not..... "hes very raw"

i still beleive Fox is buildling an offense around TT... nothing like the spread lol nothing crazy but alot of rushing + alot of playaction mixed with TT rushing + jab step play action in the red zone/3rd down situations to get the most out of the duel threat.

bottom line is TT isnt going anywhere and the broncos arent going to draft a QB unless one of the duel threat QBs slip into the 3rd round(backup to TT in new fox offense)remember that all the QBs they are working out all are 6-4 230 duel threats..

No offense, but I stopped reading your posts a long time ago, so please don't expect a response. THX.

Bullgator
03-22-2011, 08:47 PM
No offense, but I stopped reading your posts a long time ago, so please don't expect a response. THX.

none taken... so you go out of your way and reply just to say you wont reply? lol

robert ethan
03-22-2011, 08:52 PM
Gil Brandt said on his chat today that the Eagles were asking for a first and third round pick for Kevin Kolb. That is ridiculous. All three of the Bronco quarterbacks are better than Kolb. If the team can get that kind of a deal for one of their QBs it certainly makes drafting another with the #2 pick a lot less risky.

Bullgator
03-22-2011, 08:53 PM
ya....no. If the Broncos are considering a change at QB, they'd begin by gently breaking the news to the fan base that Tebow isn't their guy. you weren't following the Broncos at the time, but the previous regime answered a phone call about the QB position, and all hell broke loose. Tebow has a rabid, even cult, following (and not just Tebow imports either), so no way you'd go into moving him by building up his ability and saying he just doesn't fit.

too much pressure on the new kid. if he doesn't fit right away, and Tebow does anything, the fan base would be in flames. no, they would be anyway as Tebow vs New Guy would be the new sectarian conflict.

If the Broncos don't see Tebow as their guy, what they'd do is start out by saying how raw Tebow is. And they'd keep comments like "we're confident he'll be there one day soon" to a minimum. Then they'd start paying attention to other QBs...just because they were at a pro day to see x anyway; or they just want to cover all their bases.

next (although this one's tougher due to the labour situation) you'd start hearing how we're not really that far away. We're not looking at next season as a throw away year, we expect to make some noise. maybe even a playoff berth prediction. at this point, we'll be reminded how raw Tebow is, and that he's a good football player, but not a good QB.

then when the draft comes, and boom goes the dynamite. Elway will say "New QB is just further along doing the things a QB needs to do naturally to win at this level. Tebow is a going to be given a chance to compete in camp, and we feel he can still contribute to the Denver Broncos, even if he's not the #1 QB. But Orton gives us the best chance to win this season, and New Guy we see as a ten year starter in Orange and Blue."

I'd prefer just to address defense and give Tebow a year to see what he has. But the number of QBs the FO has looked at has me thinking a new QB is a real possibility.

No way they trade TT, thats crazytalk. well one way or another we will see when football resumes... I would be SHOCKED but not disapointed if TT is traded. either way im not going anywhere.

but how pissed would you be if TT was traded(without even a year to see what he does) and he turned out to be HoFer? the whole fanbase would burn down dove valley.. holy crap what if he got traded within the division OMG that would be sick.

no way man TT gets a year even if the FO knows he sucks just to show the fanbase.

robert ethan
03-22-2011, 09:09 PM
I've said this before, I think the Broncos will entertain any and all offers for all three of their QB. If there is good trade offer out there, or even two, then it makes using an early round pick on another feasible. There seems to be exceptional depth in this year's crop.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-22-2011, 09:22 PM
Found the following interesting:

Earlier this month, news broke that the Denver Broncos were going to conduct private workouts with top quarterback Draft prospects Baine Gabbert of Missouri and Washington quarterback Jake Locker.

The initial reaction among most Bronco fans was that of confusion. The team already has veteran quarterback Kyle Orton, up and coming quarterback Tim Tebow and still-thinks-he-could-be-a-starter Brady Quinn on the roster. Add in the fact that Denver's defense is in shambles, and it makes no sense for the team to select an offensive player 2nd overall and especially a quarterback.

Using the above mentioned reasons as examples, many have brushed off the workouts and interviews as smokescreens. After all, last year then-Head Coach Josh McDaniels praised Oklahoma's Dez Bryant from his head to his toes before passing up on him in the draft and selecting fellow wide receiver Demaryius Thomas of Georgia Tech. Of course, that was McDaniels, not John Fox -- but it is still a legitimate example.

Expanding on the smokescreen theory, others have noted that the Broncos could be trying to position themselves to trade down by rubbing elbows with the coveted top quarterbacks in the draft (like Auburn's Cam Newton who is scheduled to visit with the team). In 2007, Denver offered two first-round picks, a second-rounder and two third-rounders, plus veteran linebacker Al Wilson to the Detriot Lions for their 2nd overall pick. Detroit declined and drafted the player the Broncos were in love with, wide receiver Calvin Johnson.

This year, the Broncos hold all the cards. If a team is in love with a quarterback that they think Denver may select second overall, they might be willing to make an offer similar to that of the one Denver made to Detroit four years ago. If the plan in Dove Valley is to trade down, they are executing it perfectly.

Today, it was reported that the team is also planning to visit with Nevada's Colin Kaepernick and Florida State's Christian Ponder, two other quarterbacks who are among the top 10 entering the draft this year and are expected to be available in the second round. With Denver showing so much interest in so many quarterback prospects (five by our count), the smokescreen theory is starting to look a little shaky.

There is only one reasonable conclusion, the Denver Broncos are planning to draft a quarterback this April. The team has already received at least one offer for quarterback Kyle Orton, Brady Quinn is not a realistic starting prospect, and quarterback Tim Tebow hasn't yet gotten a chance to win over the likes of Vice President John Elway and Head Coach John Fox.

With their first pick the team is expected to select a defensive player, "Our goal with that second pick is to find a player who is going to start for the next 10 years with us," said team General Manager Brian Xanders. After that though, who knows? Legendary former quarterback Elway knows quarterbacks, so it's no surprise he's exploring those who will be top picks in the draft this year.

Denver is going through a rebuilding process and currently they are figuring out who will and who won't be a part of the solution. Because they can't afford a bust, they'll pick a player that will be able to contribute immediately and help the team win games. "With that second pick, we have to look at everything," said Elway. "Because by no means do we plan on going back there. So we are literally looking at every position inside the draft." (Yes, that includes the quarterback position).

But make no mistake, the team has not given up on Tebow and he will get a chance to compete for the Broncos starting quarterback position this season (or whenever the next season is). The question is; with whom will he be competing?

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/nfl-analysis-broncos-continue-to-seek-out-quarterback-options

nevcraw
03-22-2011, 10:02 PM
so can they get a 2nd for Orton and then take a qb in the second to compete with Tebow?

i don't really mind the competition part because I think Tebow will work his way to starter at some point if giving a legit shot to compete.. I'm guessing but I would assume Fox gave him hs word that he would be atleast given that...

WARHORSE
03-23-2011, 01:06 AM
Its seems pretty obvious to me. If free agency were in effect, the Broncos would definitely be entertaining offers for Orton. Even though there is no FAgency, it doesnt stop Denver from fielding offers.

Soooo...........as I stated before, Denver has probably received an offer they like for Orton, and they cant afford to go into the season with just Tebow and Quinn on the roster.

In that case, it makes alot of sense for Denver to draft another prospect with potential, that can hopefully come in and contribute as a backup, while still possibly adding something to the team in certain packages.

btjm................:coffee:

LTC Pain
03-23-2011, 08:30 AM
Its seems pretty obvious to me. If free agency were in effect, the Broncos would definitely be entertaining offers for Orton. Even though there is no FAgency, it doesnt stop Denver from fielding offers.

Soooo...........as I stated before, Denver has probably received an offer they like for Orton, and they cant afford to go into the season with just Tebow and Quinn on the roster.

In that case, it makes alot of sense for Denver to draft another prospect with potential, that can hopefully come in and contribute as a backup, while still possibly adding something to the team in certain packages.

So you would be comfortable with a QB depth chart of 1) TT, 2) Quinn, 3) draft prospect? I have to think about that for awhile. First impression is "thin". Have to see what TT looks like in camp. I still think the our first three picks need to be used to bolster the defense.

rcsodak
03-23-2011, 08:44 AM
Marcia Brady was prophetic:
defense Defense DEFense

robert ethan
03-23-2011, 02:25 PM
THERE IS NO REASON FOR DENVER TO PUT UP A SMOKESCREEN. Don't know how many times I have to say that. There are TWO outstanding quarterbacks available in the draft, and seven or eight of the top 10 drafting teams looking for a quarterback. Good chance that one of Newton or Gabbert goes first overall to Carolina. Then you have Denver at #2 with all those teams directly behind them looking for the other guy. Buffalo at #3 is almost certainly going to take one. Cincinnati at #4, same thing. Arizona #5, very good chance. Cleveland, San Fran, Tennessee, Washington all strongly possible. Obviously on draft day, there is going to be HUGE DEMAND FOR THE SECOND PICK. Regardless of who Denver brings in or doesn't bring in. That will have absolutely no bearing on things.

rcsodak
03-23-2011, 02:29 PM
THERE IS NO REASON FOR DENVER TO PUT UP A SMOKESCREEN. Don't know how many times I have to say that. There are TWO outstanding quarterbacks available in the draft, and seven or eight of the top 10 drafting teams looking for a quarterback. Good chance that one of Newton or Gabbert goes first overall to Carolina. Then you have Denver at #2 with all those teams directly behind them looking for the other guy. Buffalo at #3 is almost certainly going to take one. Cincinnati at #4, same thing. Arizona #5, very good chance. Cleveland, San Fran, Tennessee, Washington all strongly possible. Obviously on draft day, there is going to be HUGE DEMAND FOR THE SECOND PICK. Regardless of who Denver brings in or doesn't bring in. That will have absolutely no bearing on things.
Lol
Well, didn't you say the other day that they were trying to trade TT?

Imo, there isn't a qb in the draft that's WORTH moving up to #2.
They all have worts, the whole lot of them.

robert ethan
03-23-2011, 02:46 PM
Well, obviously if they trade Tebow and use the pick on a QB is ISN'T a smokescreen. I just can't understand why people continue to assume that Denver would go to all this trouble to mislead anyone. It is unnecessary in this situation.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-23-2011, 02:50 PM
Well, obviously if they trade Tebow and use the pick on a QB is ISN'T a smokescreen. I just can't understand why people continue to assume that Denver would go to all this trouble to mislead anyone. It is unnecessary in this situation.

All of the local sports talk show people feel it is a smoke screen, including Stink.

SR
03-23-2011, 02:50 PM
I can understand them doing that. All of the posturing is a little unnecessary though. I'm pretty sure it's no secret Denver needs defensive help in the worst of ways.

rcsodak
03-23-2011, 03:15 PM
Its not if they're thinking of the future as well.
Remember, they really only have 4 picks in the top 100, with 30 visits allowed. And if denver trades/loses a qb(this yr or next), having knowledge of some rook qb's wouldn't be the worst thing

TXBRONC
03-23-2011, 03:42 PM
So you would be comfortable with a QB depth chart of 1) TT, 2) Quinn, 3) draft prospect? I have to think about that for awhile. First impression is "thin". Have to see what TT looks like in camp. I still think the our first three picks need to be used to bolster the defense.

From what I've heard about Fox having an inexperienced of quarterback corp would be something he would be resistant too. If Orton gets traded I wouldn't be surprised to see him bring in a veteran quarterback like Jake Delhomme.

The fact that Fox and Friends are laying a eyeball on quarterback prospects doesn't concern me. I put a lot more stock in them evaluating a guy like Peterson than I do any of the quarterbacks that they've looked at.

rcsodak
03-23-2011, 03:56 PM
From what I've heard about Fox having an inexperienced of quarterback corp would be something he would be resistant too. If Orton gets traded I wouldn't be surprised to see him bring in a veteran quarterback like Jake Delhomme.

The fact that Fox and Friends are laying a eyeball on quarterback prospects doesn't concern me. I put a lot more stock in them evaluating a guy like Peterson than I do any of the quarterbacks that they've looked at.
Fox and Friends.... :laugh:

I like!

TXBRONC
03-23-2011, 04:05 PM
Fox and Friends.... :laugh:

I like!

Thanks.

robert ethan
03-23-2011, 05:04 PM
I think it's entirely possible that Denver trades the pick, but it makes no sense for them to set up a smokescreen in order to facilitate that. It would make absolutely no difference, since anyone wanting to assure themselves of Gabbert or Newton HAS to trade up to the #1 or #2 spots. The other possibility is that they trade back just one or two spots with Buffalo or Cincy and one of those guys is still available. A third alternative is that they trade back further to one of the other teams and take Locker, Kaepernick, or whomever in round two. Minnesota was really high on Tebow last year. Perhaps they would be willing to do a deal involving their #12 overall pick, reasoning that Tebow is much closer to being able to contribute immediately with similar upside to most of the QBs available in this draft. Anyway you slice it however, Tebow is available for the right price. Along with Orton and Quinn.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-23-2011, 05:33 PM
I read where five teams desperately need a QB, and they may not all have Newton or Gabbert as the one they want. So, if the Broncos are setting up a smoke screen, the Broncos could be looking for the best offer from any of those five teams, to move up to #2, and are therefore appearing to be interested in any number of quarterbacks.

rcsodak
03-23-2011, 07:48 PM
I read where five teams desperately need a QB, and they may not all have Newton or Gabbert as the one they want. So, if the Broncos are setting up a smoke screen, the Broncos could be looking for the best offer from any of those five teams, to move up to #2, and are therefore appearing to be interested in any number of quarterbacks.
I think they're trying to be so transparent, they've confused even themselves. :confused:

robert ethan
03-23-2011, 08:10 PM
It looks like Arizona is very high on Gabbert. The Bidwell family visited with him today. I would say they might be a team willing to trade up. It's not out of the question that both the #1 and #2 picks in the draft end up being traded.

SR
03-23-2011, 08:12 PM
If you know anything about the Cardinals and Bill Bidwell, you know they won't move up because they won't want to make the money commitment to a number two pick. Those fools are as tight with money as a bullfrogs ass is with water.

rcsodak
03-24-2011, 07:51 AM
It looks like Arizona is very high on Gabbert. The Bidwell family visited with him today. I would say they might be a team willing to trade up. It's not out of the question that both the #1 and #2 picks in the draft end up being traded.
Von miller

TXBRONC
03-24-2011, 08:10 AM

It may not be out of the question but I don't think it's very likely.

Dzone
03-24-2011, 08:47 AM
If we end up with two #1s, hope we do better than robert ayers and alphonso smith...what a disaster. Lets keep the #2 overall. Hard to miss there, although it does happen

SR
03-24-2011, 08:49 AM
Or better than Robert Ayers and Knowshon Moreno. Alphonso was a second round pick.

Krugan
03-24-2011, 09:15 AM
Or better than TT and DT.

NameUsedBefore
03-24-2011, 10:23 PM
Or better than Robert Ayers and Knowshon Moreno. Alphonso was a second round pick.

Well we traded our 2010 1st to Seattle in exchange for their 2009 2nd (Alphonso Smith). Our 2010 1st ended up being the 14th pick in the 2010 draft (Earl Thomas).

Or as Josh McDaniels would put it: trolololololololololo

Ravage!!!
03-25-2011, 10:37 AM

He was taken in the second round, but we used a first round pick on him. So technically he was paid as a second rounder, while we spent the 14th pick in the 2010 draft on his butt.

WARHORSE
03-25-2011, 01:21 PM
Figure it out. These are all the teams looking at QBs.
If they pass on a QB in round one..........they'll be holding their rear ends hoping they can get to another one in round two.

Minnesota-Webb
Washington-Grossman
Tennessee-Young
Seattle-Hasselbeck
Arizona-Skelton
San Francisco-Smith
Buffalo-Fitzpatrick
Cincinnatti-Palmer Jr.
Carolina-Clausen
Miami-Henne
Jacksonville-Garrard
Oakland-Campbell

Theres going to be a scramble for QBs.

Now add Denver to that mix..............It has to at least bother them that Denver is putting forth the resources to look at all these QBs.

It can make someone hesitate with their trigger finger.........which could be fatal.....:coffee:

bcbronc
03-25-2011, 06:01 PM
He was taken in the second round, but we used a first round pick on him. So technically he was paid as a second rounder, while we spent the 14th pick in the 2010 draft on his butt.

The way Smith finished the season in DET, he's living up to his draft slot.

rcsodak
03-26-2011, 11:24 AM
If they pass on a QB in round one..........they'll be holding their rear ends hoping they can get to another one in round two.

Minnesota-Webb
Washington-Grossman
Tennessee-Young
Seattle-Hasselbeck
Arizona-Skelton
San Francisco-Smith
Buffalo-Fitzpatrick
Cincinnatti-Palmer Jr.
Carolina-Clausen
Miami-Henne
Jacksonville-Garrard
Oakland-Campbell

Now add Denver to that mix..............It has to at least bother them that Denver is putting forth the resources to look at all these QBs.

It can make someone hesitate with their trigger finger.........which could be fatal.....:coffee:

But just because a team's current qb is sucky doesn't mean they're going to throw a high draft pick at an average qb. That would be doubling down on idiocy, imo, and teams (mostly) are smart enough to know that.

I'm hearing more and more talk of the qb's going later and later in the draft. They're alot like the rb's....deep/ok talent.

SR
03-26-2011, 11:26 AM

Minnesota-Webb
Washington-Grossman
Tennessee-Young
Seattle-Hasselbeck
Arizona-Skelton
San Francisco-Smith
Buffalo-Fitzpatrick
Cincinnatti-Palmer Jr.
Carolina-Clausen
Miami-Henne
Jacksonville-Garrard
Oakland-Campbell

I think, assuming the CBA gets settled, there will be a lot of QBs looking for veteran QBs to come in to training camp to compete for starting jobs. Denver has a veteran QB that they can afford to move.

Sinthor
03-26-2011, 08:11 PM

Only problem with that scenario is that you don't just draft someone as a backup or a "prospect" with a high first round pick. Or even a first round pick period.

nevcraw
03-26-2011, 11:05 PM
Only problem with that scenario is that you don't just draft someone as a backup or a "prospect" with a high first round pick. Or even a first round pick period.

Green bay did.. a few times..

rcsodak
03-27-2011, 12:50 PM
A better example of what a Dline means to a secondary couldn't have been thought up if one tried.

rcsodak
03-27-2011, 12:53 PM
Green bay did.. a few times..that's how they do it, though, they hardly ever sign FA's....and every year fans are calling for Thompson's head(except lately).

JDL
04-01-2011, 12:43 AM

What?? on IR???

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/lions_place_cb_alphonso_smith_on_injured_reserve/3755532

He was one of the worst DBs in the NFL last year and if he'd been left on the field more would have led the league in yards allowed and yds/rec allowed... as it was he was bottom 10 in each and if I had the time wouldn't be shocked to seem him in the bottom 10 in TDs allowed, hell he gave up what... 3 on Thanksgiving? (you know, towards the end of his season, before IR 12/8)

The way CBs are judged by INTs is so ridiculous. Smith was garbage this year and only affirmed the reason we traded him, he cannot tackle and he cannot cover people. His primary duties.

bcbronc
04-01-2011, 02:27 AM
What?? on IR???

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/lions_place_cb_alphonso_smith_on_injured_reserve/3755532

He was one of the worst DBs in the NFL last year and if he'd been left on the field more would have led the league in yards allowed and yds/rec allowed... as it was he was bottom 10 in each and if I had the time wouldn't be shocked to seem him in the bottom 10 in TDs allowed, hell he gave up what... 3 on Thanksgiving? (you know, towards the end of his season, before IR 12/8)

The way CBs are judged by INTs is so ridiculous. Smith was garbage this year and only affirmed the reason we traded him, he cannot tackle and he cannot cover people. His primary duties.

obviously not the IR part.

He's only played two seasons at one of the hardest positions in professional sports. Tackling and cover skills can be coached up, playmaking can't.

rcsodak
04-01-2011, 10:54 AM
obviously not the IR part.

He's only played two seasons at one of the hardest positions in professional sports. Tackling and cover skills can be coached up, playmaking can't.

So do you wish he was still a bronco?

claymore
04-01-2011, 11:13 AM
I wish Smith was never a Bronco.

BigDaddyBronco
04-01-2011, 11:23 AM
I wish Smith was never a Bronco.
Remember when he made that trade and we all thought we were getting Mualaluga (or whatever his damn name is), then we hear Alphonso Smith. Wha????????

That pick and the Dick Quinn pick were just terrible.

claymore
04-01-2011, 11:26 AM
Remember when he made that trade and we all thought we were getting Mualaluga (or whatever his damn name is), then we hear Alphonso Smith. Wha????????

All we could do at the time was hope. We screwed the pooch on the last couple years. All we can do is wipe the dust off and try again. :D

claymore
04-01-2011, 11:28 AM
All we could do at the time was hope. We screwed the pooch on the last couple years. All we can do is wipe the dust off and try again. :D

Gosh damn im a terrible writer.

rcsodak
04-01-2011, 11:40 AM

20/20 hindsight. Plus, quinn is STILL on the roster.

rcsodak
04-01-2011, 11:42 AM
Gosh damn im a terrible writer.
And then you doubledoodoo and quote yourself!?
10min timeout!