PDA

View Full Version : Former NFLPA wants to hold rival draft ceremony down the street

Bullgator
03-15-2011, 01:06 PM
I still believe that the owners are more to blame for starting this whole mess, but the players are closing in fast with schmuck moves like this.

Rumor has it (I heard today on the Jim Rome radio show) that the former NFLPA is concidering holding a rival draft ceremony a few blocks from the NFL draft.

this article is only about the boycott, but ill try and find something on the alternate draft.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/peter_king/03/15/nflpa-draft-boycott/index.html

here is an article on the alternate draft.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/03/15/alternative-nflpa-event-could-have-n/related/

Zweems56
03-15-2011, 01:27 PM
Of all things, this is the most grievous affront. **** the NFLPA. You're going to make these kids choose on THEIR DAY whether to side with two money grubbing factions? Seriously. **** the NFLPA.

Zweems56
03-15-2011, 01:29 PM
Here's a link for you. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/peter_king/03/15/nflpa-draft-boycott/index.html

rcsodak
03-15-2011, 02:04 PM
I bet this would have fit in perfectly in the current thread on the subject. (Boycott)
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Zweems56
03-15-2011, 02:09 PM
Son of a bitch. I've been swindled into posting in a repost!

rcsodak
03-15-2011, 02:12 PM
Son of a bitch. I've been swindled into posting in a repost!

You can :puke:.....its ok.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

WARHORSE
03-15-2011, 02:45 PM
NFLPA stands for

No Fans Like Players Anymore.

Seriously. Dont mess with my draft day clowns, nor the memories of these rookies and their families.

nevcraw
03-15-2011, 03:23 PM
you guys are cracking me up..

that's why most people are not good at negotiating or dealing with conlfict.. too emotional.. the fans are no exception..

ride the waves of shock tactic negotiating and then things will settle in.. it's only March. there are 6 months until any meaningful football is played.. and the for every guy who wants to be under the lights when his name is called there is another who wants to be at home with family and friends not under the glare..

WARHORSE
03-15-2011, 04:43 PM
you guys are cracking me up..

that's why most people are not good at negotiating or dealing with conlfict.. too emotional.. the fans are no exception..

ride the waves of shock tactic negotiating and then things will settle in.. it's only March. there are 6 months until any meaningful football is played.. and the for every guy who wants to be under the lights when his name is called there is another who wants to be at home with family and friends not under the glare..

Are you talkin to ME??????

Where do you get off callin me EMOTIONAL?????:D

OrangeHoof
03-15-2011, 05:53 PM
What would be fun would be to see them hold an "owner draft" where the union reps get to draft NFL owners. So who would be no. 32? Bud Adams? Al Davis? Jerry Jones?

BORDERLINE
03-15-2011, 06:16 PM
this is a BI**H move

this kind of thing is like High School graduation it's a great experience for these young players.

Boycott something else punks