PDA

View Full Version : Is This A Good Trade??

underrated29
09-25-2007, 05:21 PM
heres the offer

jake delholme
larry johnson
reggie wayne
deangelo williams

for

eli manning
thomas jones
torry holt
cadillac williams

what would you do?

McKeough
09-25-2007, 05:56 PM
Posted on the 'other' forums, but I'll post my opinion here too, in case you check here first? *shrug*

Well, Jake has been playing pretty good this year, and assuming his elbow injury isn't serious (listed day-to-day ATM) I'd prefer him over Eli. Since his big opening game, Eli hasn't looked too sharp.

Also, LJ has much more potential and is much more dangerous than Williams or Jones if he can get going. Holt is playing on a struggling team, with a really banged up quarterback and struggling offensive line.

Wayne is always a threat with Manning throwing the ball, too.

Just my two cents, though.

BigBroncLove
09-25-2007, 06:51 PM
The side giving up Wayne and LJ is giving up way to much IMO. Larry Johnson has had a miserable start, but then so has LT (with the exception of last week, even though it was stil lless then what yo uexpect of LT), LJ will get going eventaully. He has a lot mroe potential then Jones IMO. Wayne is a top WR in the league. Certinely a solid #2, or even #1 WR option in any league. Holt for his part is playing hurt and in a system that is crumbling under serious injuries to the offensive line. He is not a worthwhile option for WR IMO despite his many talents....

Eli is off and on, and I think he looks good, but then Delohme with Steve Smith can put up good numbers (I put more of htose numbers on the shoulders of Smith, but Delhomme reaps the rewards, just as Eli reaps Burress's numbers). I'd say they are about on par with one another QB wise....

If you are recieving Wayne and LJ, go for it IMO. If your on the other end of the trade and giving up Wayne and LJ, I say nix the trade. My :2cents:

omac
09-29-2007, 04:30 PM
The side giving up Wayne and LJ is giving up way to much IMO. Larry Johnson has had a miserable start, but then so has LT (with the exception of last week, even though it was stil lless then what yo uexpect of LT), LJ will get going eventaully. He has a lot mroe potential then Jones IMO. Wayne is a top WR in the league. Certinely a solid #2, or even #1 WR option in any league. Holt for his part is playing hurt and in a system that is crumbling under serious injuries to the offensive line. He is not a worthwhile option for WR IMO despite his many talents....

Eli is off and on, and I think he looks good, but then Delohme with Steve Smith can put up good numbers (I put more of htose numbers on the shoulders of Smith, but Delhomme reaps the rewards, just as Eli reaps Burress's numbers). I'd say they are about on par with one another QB wise....

If you are recieving Wayne and LJ, go for it IMO. If your on the other end of the trade and giving up Wayne and LJ, I say nix the trade. My :2cents:

I agree, the one getting LJ and Wayne is getting the better deal; it actually looks pretty lopsided.

On the other comments, Eli's been playing really well; he's been very consistent, and has been making very good decisions. He's been throwing very well, and not just to Plaxico. Sometimes, receivers have drops, or their defense lets the team down. He's been playing with a lot of poise, and even through injury.

On Delhomme, a lot of credit is given to Steve Smith, and rightfully so, but Delhomme is a very clutch player. Problem with Carolina is that their other receivers don't step up. Delhomme is much better than most people give him credit for.

underrated29
10-02-2007, 03:05 PM
hey guys thanks!

he was the one giving up lj and wayne. wayne was the only one i wanted. its looks lopsided, but actually his other rb's besides lj are tatum bell, tj ducket,and brandon jacobs. and his other qb was hurt and he had no qb to start that week...so actually he wasnt getting that bad of a deal.

however, as he is desperate and i am not, i wasnt going to make it fair anyways.

as it is he declined, because he likes lj, and he lost.

broncos9697
10-02-2007, 03:55 PM
heres the offer

jake delholme
larry johnson
reggie wayne
deangelo williams

for

eli manning
thomas jones
torry holt
cadillac williams

what would you do?

c. williams dont think so he's done for the year..
torry holt what has he done..
jones nope!!!
manning eli that is dont think so...bad trade........on the other side

underrated29
10-02-2007, 04:34 PM
this was a while ago that we this happened. it just took me a while to post it.

this was when caddy was healthy and doing good and holt didnt have a broken qb. but as you said....

broncos9697
10-03-2007, 06:56 AM
this was a while ago that we this happened. it just took me a while to post it.

this was when caddy was healthy and doing good and holt didnt have a broken qb. but as you said....

I am in a league also...
there's 10 in this one i joined up to be in 55.00 each...
and I really need a WR...so this is what I have done I offered westbrook for chad jonhson+moss......sounds like a fair trade to me westbrook will be back this week and he'sa threat in the running game and catching the ball.....
moss he's just great every game and johnson he's a star but has not made to much noise this season yet plus him and his QB our not on the same page right now...