PDA

View Full Version : Scheffler???

gobroncsnv
10-05-2008, 06:19 PM
Any reports on him yet.... he was grabbing his leg near the knee. Hope this isn't anything serious...

anton...
10-05-2008, 06:21 PM
i think he is fine...

they showed him when we were kneeling ftw that he was standing next to a coach and chatting away...

G_Money
10-05-2008, 06:24 PM
Scheff and Boss are the Hurt Me Twins. They like to "get injured" at least once a game - attention whores. :coffee: I'm sure he's fine.

I'm more concerned with Royal's injury myself.

~G

gobroncsnv
10-05-2008, 06:28 PM
Yeah, true, forgot about Super Eddie... but his ankle's been tweaked for a couple games now? This may extend that.

Timmy!
10-05-2008, 06:30 PM
The Broncos need Jackson to get healthy quick if Royal and Sheff are hurting.

Italianmobstr7
10-05-2008, 06:35 PM
I hope that Royal is okay. I think Scheffler is fine. Looked like he might have tweaked his hammy.

Sassy
10-05-2008, 06:38 PM
I thought it looked like his hammy too...I'm listening to KOA...I'll update if they say anything...Eddie they said high ankle sprain.

topscribe
10-05-2008, 06:40 PM
I hope that Royal is okay. I think Scheffler is fine. Looked like he might have tweaked his hammy.

Yes, from the way Scheffler grabbed his leg, it looked like a hamstring to me.

-----

Italianmobstr7
10-05-2008, 06:41 PM
I thought it looked like his hammy too...I'm listening to KOA...I'll update if they say anything...Eddie they said high ankle sprain.

THAT SUCKS! Hopefully it's not too serious. Boss had a high ankle sprain in week 1 of the pre-season and didn't come back until week 2 of the regular season. This could be very detrimental to our offense.

Northman
10-05-2008, 06:41 PM
I saw him standing on the sidelines so i think he is ok. Royal im a bit worried about though.

Sassy
10-05-2008, 06:48 PM
Stokely can handle it.

Italianmobstr7
10-05-2008, 06:50 PM
Stokely can handle it.

Stokely can handle it, but he's best used in the slot. We don't want Stokely to be our #2 because he's matched up against the other teams #2 CB, and because he'll take a lot more hits. This is bad news, especially with a tough Jacksonville team coming up. This is not good news for us.

Sassy
10-05-2008, 06:51 PM
Shanahan: Royal will get an MRI.

topscribe
10-05-2008, 06:57 PM
Stokely can handle it, but he's best used in the slot. We don't want Stokely to be our #2 because he's matched up against the other teams #2 CB, and because he'll take a lot more hits. This is bad news, especially with a tough Jacksonville team coming up. This is not good news for us.

Are we forgetting about Darrell Jackson? The guy was a star for Seattle, and
he has done well for the Broncos since coming here. I think they'll put Stokes
back in the slot and do just fine.

-----

Tned
10-05-2008, 07:02 PM
Are we forgetting about Darrell Jackson? The guy was a star for Seattle, and
he has done well for the Broncos since coming here. I think they'll put Stokes
back in the slot and do just fine.

-----

Not forgetting about him, but he has been hurt the last few games and not even active. Not sure if he was active for this game.

Italianmobstr7
10-05-2008, 07:04 PM
Not forgetting about him, but he has been hurt the last few games and not even active. Not sure if he was active for this game.

Exactly. I didn't forget. He just has been hurt also. He has been ruled out for every game since the Oakland game. He did not dress again today. That is the reason for the worrying.

jrelway
10-05-2008, 07:17 PM
they need to get scheffler involved a little more. guys clearly a playmaker, so long as he stays healthy.

topscribe
10-05-2008, 07:36 PM

He wasn't active for this game. It might have been still hurting a little, or
wanting Martinez in there for STs, or both.

-----

Simple Jaded
10-05-2008, 07:41 PM
http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/oct/01/broncos-report-pittman-not-forgotten-by/?partner=RSS

Darrell Jackson resumed practice on Oct 1st, sounds like perfect timing.

Denver will miss Royal's speed, though.

Thank God for Glenn Martinez...:rolleyes:...

slim
10-05-2008, 07:54 PM
Any news on Royal? That could be a huge blow

Sassy
10-05-2008, 07:57 PM
Royal will have an MRI on his ankle...that's all Shanahan said.

G_Money
10-05-2008, 08:13 PM

:tsk:

The way they were checking him on the sideline that was my first thought, but I didn't want to say anything.

I wonder how long they're gonna let him be a returner at all. We need him as healthy as possible for the 7 catches a game he's making. Here's where I really wish we had Alridge to throw back there in the return game.

We'll see what Martinez has got over the next 4 weeks, I guess.

Speedy recovery to Royal.

~G

Bronco9798
10-05-2008, 08:44 PM
High ankle sprains are slow to recover. That would suck cause he would definitely miss a few weeks if that's what it is.

pnbronco
10-05-2008, 08:47 PM
Royal will have an MRI on his ankle...that's all Shanahan said.

Royal was carted out to his car, which isn't in it's self a big deal, but he had crutches with him, so it's not good. Hopefully we will find out more tomorrow.

Sassy
10-05-2008, 09:23 PM
Someone on the Mane posted that both Royal and Scheff left on crutches! Crap!

and here...

"I tried to plant and I guess it rolled on me," Royal said. "A guy hit me and twisted me up a little bit and it rolled."

X-rays were negative but given the speed required at his position, don't be surprised if Royal misses the next two games, here against Jacksonville next Sunday and at New England.

Scheffler suffered a strained left groin that could be more serious. He said he first felt something wrong late in the first half, but was able to play through it in the second half, when he made all of his four catches for 65 yards. It was while making his final catch, which gave the Broncos a first down and helped them run out the clock, that Scheffler may have overextended his muscles.

Sassy
10-05-2008, 09:25 PM
Royal, Scheffler injured vs. Bucs
Both players leave locker room after game on crutches
By Mike Klis
The Denver Post
Article Last Updated: 10/05/2008 08:00:47 PM MDT

Broncos wide receiver Eddie Royal, front, pulls in a pass as Buccaneers cornerback Ronde Barber comes in for the tackle in the first quarter Sunday. (Jack Dempsey, The Associated Press)Time's up, Darrell Jackson.

Ready or not, the Broncos need Jackson's strained calf, which has sidelined him since the season-opening win at Oakland, to heal.

In their 16-13 victory Sunday against Tampa Bay, the Broncos paid a potentially steep price. No. 2 receiver Eddie Royal left the locker room well after the game limping on crutches. Tony Scheffler, the Broncos' best receiving tight end, left the locker room limping on crutches.

When the game finished Sunday, the Broncos' No. 3 receiver was Glenn Martinez, who six days earlier was walking the streets unemployed.

"I think 'D-Jack' will be ready to go," said Brandon Stokley, who was moved from the slot to No. 2 receiver Sunday.

Jackson did return to practice last

week, so his recovery could be well-timed. Royal and Scheffler will likely miss at least next week's game against the Jacksonville Jaguars. Royal suffered a sprained left ankle while finishing off a 6-yard punt return in the third quarter that gave Denver the ball in Tampa territory and set up its only touchdown drive.
"I tried to plant and I guess it rolled on me," Royal said. "A guy hit me and twisted me up a little bit and it rolled."

X-rays were negative but given the speed required at his position, don't be surprised if Royal misses the next two games, here against Jacksonville next Sunday and at New England.

Scheffler suffered a strained left groin that could be more serious. He said he first felt something wrong late in the first half, but was able to play through it in the second half, when he made all of his four catches for 65 yards. It was while making his final catch, which gave the Broncos a first down and helped them run out the clock, that Scheffler may have overextended his muscles.

"You go through the game there's some soreness and tightness in there and something happens that kind of puts it over the edge at the end," he said.

Two other key Broncos, running back Selvin Young and defensive lineman Ebenezer Ekuban, also suffered strained left groins. Strongside linebacker Boss Bailey had to leave the game at times because of calf cramping.

"That's why you have to have depth,'' said Broncos coach Mike Shanahan.

Mike Klis: 303-954-1055 or mklis@denverpost.com

topscribe
10-05-2008, 09:27 PM
When it became apparent that Eddie was the #2 receiver, I said I didn't want
to see him returning, that it increases the risk of injury. Now, it looks as if we
won't see him doing anything for a couple weeks or more. :tsk:

-----

Bronco9798
10-05-2008, 09:32 PM
Time for some others to step up. We've been pretty fortunate so far. This sucks though. We're going through the three phases that help you win championships. 1 and 2 have been good so far.

1. A little luck, (SD and NO)

2. Few injuries (week 1-4)

3. Depth (yet to be seen if these guys miss some time) So hopefully these guys will step up and we can keep winning.

slim
10-05-2008, 09:33 PM
When it became apparent that Eddie was the #2 receiver, I said I didn't want
to see him returning, that it increases the risk of injury. Now, it looks as if we
won't see him doing anything for a couple weeks or more. :tsk:

-----

Good thing we cut Hixon. He really sucks.

broncogirl7
10-05-2008, 09:33 PM
I love Eddie and know he and Scheffler will be back!

Sassy
10-05-2008, 09:34 PM
Good thing we cut Hixon. He really sucks.

No doubt LOL!
Anyone have him for FF this week!
:D

gobroncsnv
10-05-2008, 10:01 PM
:I wonder how long they're gonna let him be a returner at all. We need him as healthy as possible for the 7 catches a game he's making.
~G

We'll see if you get as much flaming as I did for saying this a while back.

But a large amen to what you said... We need him back. God speed your recovery, Eddie.

Sassy
10-05-2008, 10:56 PM
http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site36/2008/1005/20081005__BroncosRoyal100508~p1.jpg

Sassy
10-05-2008, 10:57 PM
IFyou listen to his interview that's posted on http://denverbroncos.com/ Royal claims it isn't a high ankle sprain. He also said that the crutches were just precautionary.

Italianmobstr7
10-05-2008, 11:27 PM
IFyou listen to his interview that's posted on http://denverbroncos.com/ Royal claims it isn't a high ankle sprain. He also said that the crutches were just precautionary.

He's probably just saying that. They'll probably keep his injury quiet all week to not let the Jags know about it. Make them gameplan for 1 more person.

WARHORSE
10-05-2008, 11:49 PM
Scheff lis the one Im worried about right now.

broncobryce
10-05-2008, 11:52 PM
I wish Scheff wasn't so fragile. He is such a weapon, and our O isn't the same without him.

Italianmobstr7
10-05-2008, 11:55 PM
Scheff lis the one Im worried about right now.

I'm not sure why you're so worried. He probably just pulled a hammy. He seemed to be fine on the sidelines. Even if he is hurt, we have Nate Jackson who is basically a clone of Scheffler. Don't get me wrong, I like the guy, and I think he's an awesome TE, but I'd be more upset if we don't have Royal than if we don't have Scheffler.

Italianmobstr7
10-05-2008, 11:57 PM
on denverbroncos.com it says that he has a left groin strain. Royal has a left ankle sprain, Dumervil and Ekuban both have left groin strains as well.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=334&storyID=8430