honz
10-05-2008, 05:59 PM
Please discuss...

LRtagger
10-05-2008, 06:01 PM
our D, plus a wet field, plus homefield advantage only gave up 13 points

gobroncsnv
10-05-2008, 06:01 PM
You mean the Giants? Carolina? Who you talking 'bout, Willis?

Timmy!
10-05-2008, 06:02 PM
:lol:

Slowik finally pulled his head out....somewhat. I saw run blitzes, blitzing from different places, not sitting in prevent and bringing only 3 all game long, etc. Still work to be done, but the defense did win the game. Much, much better. It also helps when the players (especially the linebackers) tackle and the DL can get some pressure. Hard to believe that was the same team.

G_Money
LOL not exactly.

But THANK GOD Slowik finally decided to blitz and stunt and change things up...in ways that didn't resemble the prevent. It was helped for sure by Griese's inability to throw a ball further than 4 yards, but I'll take it. That allowed us to cram in near the line of scrimmage and with the different looks we were giving - as well as the FREEDOM we gave to the DL to just go upfield and let the LBs worry about the gaps - we played something resembling real defense today.

That bodes well. We don't need the best D in the league to win, just an okay one.

Amazing what a little bit of scheme will do for the talent on your D, isn't it?

~G

Slick
I wish Jeff Fisher would come coach our D.

Northman
10-05-2008, 06:03 PM
If we dont fumble away that INT they probably wouldnt have scored anymore. But, we arent the best in the league but this was a nice win. And although i dont hate Griese it was kind of funny to welcome him back to Denver.

G_Money
10-05-2008, 06:03 PM
What Timmy said.

And Slick. Doesn't Fisher know we'd only need like 2 years to win that Super Bowl, and then Shanny will be his OC and return the favor?

~G

claymore
10-05-2008, 06:06 PM
I was scared when we hurt Griese\, then Garcia came out.

G_Money
10-05-2008, 06:07 PM
Yep. I was like "Man, I hope killing Greasy wasn't a mistake there..."

But we hung tough. I was glad to see it.

~G

Slick
10-05-2008, 06:09 PM
What Timmy said.

And Slick. Doesn't Fisher know we'd only need like 2 years to win that Super Bowl, and then Shanny will be his OC and return the favor?

~G

LOL...yea, we all know they're buddies. I'm sure they've talked about it. They would win a lot of games together.

Italianmobstr7
10-05-2008, 06:11 PM
It was good to see our D make some plays today. If Thomas doesn't fumble away that INT, we probably end up blowing them out. Either way, our D didn't allow a TD until 3 minutes left in the game. With a D like this, we will win many games. I hope that they can continue to play like this though. Hopefully it wasn't a 1 week thing.

weazel
10-05-2008, 06:11 PM
our defense is going to disneyland!

they were able to slow down a below average offense, and not give up 30 something points. Doesn't really make me want to jump for joy.

Greeeeezy CANNOT throw the ball deep, so TB could not hurt our defense where they stink the worst.

gobroncsnv
10-05-2008, 06:12 PM
LOL not exactly.

But THANK GOD Slowik finally decided to blitz and stunt and change things up...in ways that didn't resemble the prevent. It was helped for sure by Griese's inability to throw a ball further than 4 yards, but I'll take it. That allowed us to cram in near the line of scrimmage and with the different looks we were giving - as well as the FREEDOM we gave to the DL to just go upfield and let the LBs worry about the gaps - we played something resembling real defense today.

That bodes well. We don't need the best D in the league to win, just an okay one.

Amazing what a little bit of scheme will do for the talent on your D, isn't it?

~G

I don't know, I'm happy with the win and all, but we were up against some really young tackles, they weren't the best we'll face, fer sure. Now if we look this good against the Jags and Pats, I'll feel better. I do give'm credit, they stepped up when our O was pretty well bottled up today. But still wishing for better pressure... guess we're just still dancing with an ugly partner, but wearing a better outfit today. I know, never satisfied, eh?

Anyway, hoping they get something to build on today...

broncofanatic1987
10-05-2008, 06:14 PM
The Bucs are not an offensive juggernaut but at least the defense didn't make them look like one either.

Let's see how they do next week against the Jaguars.

Thomas fumbles the interception and Boss gets a holding call that negated a sack that would have forced a punt and the Bucs score a touchdown. Other than that, they did a pretty good job in comparison to how they've been doing so far this year. The opposing running backs did average over 6 yards per carry though.

BigDaddyBronco
10-05-2008, 06:23 PM
It helps that the Bucs don't have any decent WR's, but I'll take it. We actually got some sacks from the DLine.

:defense: :salute:

Dreadnought
10-05-2008, 06:36 PM
Amazing what a little pressure will do. I won't look this gift horse in the mouth. The D showed me they aren't as pitiful as I had feared they were. As G said., they don't have to be great; servicable will do fine.

Tned
10-05-2008, 07:28 PM
Amazing what a little pressure will do. I won't look this gift horse in the mouth. The D showed me they aren't as pitiful as I had feared they were. As G said., they don't have to be great; servicable will do fine.

Tampa had only given up 3 sacks in their first four games, so their O-line had been playing well. The Broncos got three sacks (although one was a quasi sack).

Northman
10-05-2008, 07:32 PM

Exactly. Its all about utilizing the best scheme for your players and taking advantage of turnovers (which we didnt really do today but..).

Northman
10-05-2008, 07:33 PM
Tampa had only given up 3 sacks in their first four games, so their O-line had been playing well. The Broncos got three sacks (although one was a quasi sack).

Doomer was just outstanding today. He may not be very big but he has a motor just like the energizer bunny. He will always be a factor as long as he doesnt run out of breath. :lol:

jrelway
10-05-2008, 07:38 PM
lets see how the defense does till the bye week. i aint crowning em just yet.

Sassy
10-05-2008, 07:40 PM
:lol:

Slowik finally pulled his head out....somewhat. I saw run blitzes, blitzing from different places, not sitting in prevent and bringing only 3 all game long, etc. Still work to be done, but the defense did win the game. Much, much better. It also helps when the players (especially the linebackers) tackle and the DL can get some pressure. Hard to believe that was the same team.

The Broncos played "Tampa Bay Ball" and beat them at their own game plan!

Sassy
10-05-2008, 07:41 PM

...IN the 1st half!

Tampa punted the 1st four drives of the game and Tampa averaged starting at their 20 today...not bad!

slim
10-05-2008, 07:46 PM
Doom was all over Trueblood today...freaking owned him.

The run D was stout...gotta love that.

Only a few missed tackles...which is saying something for this D.

Overall...pretty good game by the D.

GEM
10-06-2008, 09:25 AM
our defense is going to disneyland!

they were able to slow down a below average offense, and not give up 30 something points. Doesn't really make me want to jump for joy.

Greeeeezy CANNOT throw the ball deep, so TB could not hurt our defense where they stink the worst.

That offense is #7 in the league right now. I wouldn't call them below average. :shrugs:

A good showing by defense, FINALLY. I'll take it.

broncofaninfla
10-06-2008, 09:45 AM
We looked better but still not feeling rosey about the guys we have. We out schemed the Bucs but we still don't have the talent we need to be a true championship team. I think we are 5-6 guys away from being the defense we all want and deserve.