PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Bowlen's Letter to Fans

Denver Native (Carol)
03-14-2011, 04:57 PM
Monday, March 14, 2011

Dear Broncos Fan:

You have every right to be disappointed and frustrated with the lack of a Collective Bargaining Agreement that would ensure the health of the National Football League for the 2011 season and beyond. As owner of the Denver Broncos and co-chair of the NFL Management Council Executive Committee, I want to say that I share your level of frustration.

I am sorry the negotiating efforts have yet to yield a new deal.

Although we had expected to reach an agreement by this point, I assure you that we are committed to this process. We have a shared responsibility to resolve this matter as soon as possible in a way that benefits teams, players, and most importantly, the fans. The fastest way to a fair agreement for everyone is for both the clubs and union to continue negotiation through mediation, not litigation, and we are eager to return to the bargaining table.

We will come to an agreement, and when a new deal is reached, the Denver Broncos will be ready to play.

rest of letter

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Mr-Bowlens-Letter-to-Fans/42eecc96-8fb4-4d5c-9f00-4c5ffc4abcf7

SR
03-14-2011, 04:59 PM
Actions speak louder than words Mr Bowlen. Make something happen.

GEM
03-14-2011, 05:03 PM
Mr. Bowlen,

Please tell Mr. Smith that he has a huge forehead and he needs to be slapped upside it. Then please proceed to slap his forehead and stamp a big fat L for loser across it. This would be a start in making the fans happy. Then once he is down, put a pen in his hand and tell him if he doesn't sign the agreement then and there, you are going to have Tebow circumcise his kid.

TIA,
Pissed Off Fan In Denver

:salute:

dogfish
03-14-2011, 05:03 PM
:coffee:

FanInAZ
03-14-2011, 05:23 PM
:coffee:

This was the very uninsightful letter that I expected when I saw the thread. Mr. Bowlen has been very consistent in not using the media to drum up support in any dispute he becomes involved in. This is what he's done with individual players, so you would expect this in how he deals with the players non-union union. I wish that the players’ non-union union would do the same.

nevcraw
03-14-2011, 06:26 PM
I would love for him to discuss his role in the tv deal which the outcome has lead to so much distrust.
Although, I won't say it wasn't smart to try to gain leverage but it certainly has caused mo problems..
It always makes me laugh when people who are culpable aproach reponsibility like they are some innocent bystandard.

chazoe60
03-14-2011, 06:30 PM
Mr. Bowlen,

Please tell Mr. Smith that he has a huge forehead and he needs to be slapped upside it. Then please proceed to slap his forehead and stamp a big fat L for loser across it. This would be a start in making the fans happy. Then once he is down, put a pen in his hand and tell him if he doesn't sign the agreement then and there, you are going to have Tebow circumcise his kid.

TIA,
Pissed Off Fan In Denver

Along with a big forehead he has a goofy ass mongoloid mouth. I can't watch that dude talk, it cracks me the eff up.

JaxBroncoGirl
03-14-2011, 08:30 PM
Mr. Bowlen,

TIA,
Pissed Off Fan In Denver

As all of us should be very disappointed about the contents of this letter, I am torn about the side with the most fault here, I think the owners are more at fault then the players. Sadly, the young will suffer.

Have you seen pictures, or attended a game with your children? Lets say 10 or 14 years old or even younger and when they went to the stadium and experience "The Game", tailgating and all that goes on every Sunday you see the pure joy and you yourself are just like your kids, you are just so happy. You cannot put a price tag on the good ole American game.

I am sooooo disappointed that it has come down to this.

nevcraw
03-14-2011, 09:13 PM
As all of us should be very disappointed about the contents of this letter, I am torn about the side with the most fault here, I think the owners are more at fault then the players. Sadly, the young will suffer.

Have you seen pictures, or attended a game with your children? Lets say 10 or 14 years old or even younger and when they went to the stadium and experience "The Game", tailgating and all that goes on every Sunday you see the pure joy and you yourself are just like your kids, you are just so happy. You cannot put a price tag on the good ole American game.

I am sooooo disappointed that it has come down to this.

time to come off the ledge... it's march..

GEM
03-14-2011, 10:18 PM
Nope. It's been 2 years since going to last game. $100/ ticket doesn't fit my budget.

claymore
03-15-2011, 03:35 AM
Take your time Mr Bowlen. Get their salaries down to a realistic number, and lower ticket prices. We arent built to win right now, so lets use this time of disagreement to our advantage.

Northman
03-15-2011, 03:40 AM
Nope. It's been 2 years since going to last game. $100/ ticket doesn't fit my budget.

Thank goodness out of 10 games ive seen at Ravens stadium i never had to pay for a single one. :D

Nomad
03-20-2011, 06:46 PM
Another question mark on the health of Bowlen!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/03/20/writer-paints-unpleasant-picture-of-pat-bowlens-health/

Denver Native (Carol)
03-20-2011, 06:54 PM

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/03/20/writer-paints-unpleasant-picture-of-pat-bowlens-health/

Yeah, I just read that not long ago. Not good.

FanInAZ
03-20-2011, 07:23 PM

I was originally going to ignore any further post in this thread because I figured that everyone had said all that could be said about the letter that this thread was started to discuss. Therefore, I believe this should be a separate thread.

If this report is accurate, then we can only hope & pray for the best for Bowlen.

rcsodak
03-20-2011, 07:42 PM
What....no tasteless drunk jokes?

ALMOST reaffirms my faith in some. :coffee:
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums