PDA

View Full Version : Congress gets involved

Bullgator
03-14-2011, 04:08 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Apm5p3nVx5r26JRJe6XdXrFDubYF?slug=ap-nfllabor-congress

SR
03-14-2011, 04:13 PM
This needs to be moved to the "Other Teams" forum as it pertains to the whole league, not just the Broncos.

Northman
03-14-2011, 04:14 PM
The House Judiciary Committee will not consider any bill that attempts to interject Congress into the private dispute” between the NFL and the NFL Players Association, said Smith, who also repeated his view that both sides are “big boys” and Congress doesn’t need to referee every dispute for them.

Booya.

KCL
03-14-2011, 04:22 PM
Good Lord..now the damn government feels the need to get involved...No thanks..work on the country's problems and jobs for the everyday people..:tsk:

FanInAZ
03-14-2011, 04:36 PM
Good Lord..now the damn government feels the need to get involved...No thanks..work on the country's problems and jobs for the everyday people..:tsk:

That was my 1st thought when I saw this thread, but this is nothing new. Every time something happens that captures all of the media's attention; some nobody in Congress has to try to elevate their status by trying to fix it rather than by doing their job which is to work together in running the country.

HORSEPOWER 56
03-14-2011, 04:38 PM
The worst possible thing that could happen to pretty much anything is for the government to regulate, legislate, or control it. They can't even fix the shit they ARE responsible for.

Oh, I love how the proposal is to remove the NFL's antitrust protection but leave it in place for the NBA, NHL, and MLB. If that's not an unconstitutional load of crap that will only bring on more lawsuits, I don't know what is.

Hooray, good job Congress! Let's just throw more shit at it that won't solve the problem and wastes more money! :tsk:

SR
03-14-2011, 04:38 PM
Bingo!

FanInAZ
03-14-2011, 04:50 PM
Oh, I love how the proposal is to remove the NFL's antitrust protection but leave it in place for the NBA, NHL, and MLB. If that's not an unconstitutional load of **** that will only bring on more lawsuits, I don't know what is.

I defiantly agree that if they do away with the NFL's protection then they have to get rid of it for the other leagues as well. When you consider that some owners have teams in those other leagues as well, it could result in peer pressure from the other leagues' owners to not allow that to happen. I’m not saying that this is what I want because I’m not sure whether the long term results would be better or worse than what we have now. I’m only pointing out what the sort term results might be if they do away with protection for all of the leagues. Because as I said, if they do away with it for one then they have to do away with it for all.

KCL
03-14-2011, 05:18 PM
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'"

Ronald Reagan.....:salute:

UnderArmour
03-14-2011, 05:23 PM
This needs to be moved to the "Other Teams" forum as it pertains to the whole league, not just the Broncos.

Wrong. If something involves the entire NFL it goes in this section. The section sub label even says:

Anything to do with the Denver Broncos
ANYTHING. The CBA negotiations as a whole would have to do with the Broncos would it not? The Other Teams section is for topics that do not pertain to the Broncos and exclusively to other teams.

Anyway, Congress getting involved amounts to nothing. These moves are pure political pandering on the part of members of congress to voters and amount to a grain of salt. Nothing will actually be done.

weazel
03-14-2011, 05:28 PM
I say we stop buying anymore fan gear that has the Governments logo on it!

rcsodak
03-14-2011, 06:07 PM
Wrong. If something involves the entire NFL it goes in this section. The section sub label even says:

ANYTHING. The CBA negotiations as a whole would have to do with the Broncos would it not? The Other Teams section is for topics that do not pertain to the Broncos and exclusively to other teams.

Anyway, Congress getting involved amounts to nothing. These moves are pure political pandering on the part of members of congress to voters and amount to a grain of salt. Nothing will actually be done.

Way to be stupid, ingRed. :coffee:
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

rcsodak
03-14-2011, 06:09 PM
I say we stop buying anymore fan gear that has the Governments logo on it!now THAT I'll agree to!! :elefant:
unless its military backed
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Day1BroncoFan
03-14-2011, 08:09 PM
If the gov gets in the fight there may never be NFL football again.

nevcraw
03-14-2011, 08:49 PM
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'"

Ronald Reagan.....:salute:

I shat my pants when as soon as I read "congress"