PDA

View Full Version : Lockout injuction set for april 6!

Bullgator
03-14-2011, 02:58 PM
Looks like there will be FA before the draft! woot

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6215317

arapaho2
03-14-2011, 03:07 PM
Looks like there will be FA before the draft! woot

i didnt see that...seems like it said the ruling could take weeks and the league could still challenge it

It could take a month for there to be a ruling on the union's injunction request, and antitrust judgments should take longer

isnt the draft in april?

Denver Native (Carol)
03-14-2011, 03:11 PM
i didnt see that...seems like it said the ruling could take weeks and the league could still challenge it

It could take a month for there to be a ruling on the union's injunction request, and antitrust judgments should take longer

isnt the draft in april?

Thanks - I just read the article twice, and did not see it either :confused:

Bullgator
03-14-2011, 03:13 PM

isnt the draft in april?

by all predictions the the judge will rule very quickly for the injuction. the hearing is april 6th.. the draft is the 23rd.

im sure that is in the back of Dotys mind

worst case scenerio it could take a month but realisticly it should take 1 work week or less

Denver Native (Carol)
03-14-2011, 03:21 PM
From article:

However, even if the lockout is lifted by injuction, the NFL could appeal the ruling and ultimately shut down the sport again.

Bob Batterman, the NFL's lead outside counsel, predicted that the lockout, even if lifted temporarily, would return until there's a deal.

"There may be some sloppiness this week in terms of injunctions and stays," Batterman told the Wall Street Journal. "When it all plays out, the lockout will remain in place and the union will be back at the bargaining table."

HORSEPOWER 56
03-14-2011, 03:22 PM
I don't think it means anything. It just means they expect Judge Doty (the players' judge) to rule in the anti-trust case.

Then the owners (if Doty rules against them) will just appeal to a judge sympathetic to their case (the fact that the desertification is unethical and only a planned stratagem to file the anti-trust lawsuit) and it will go on and on with motions, rulings, and appeals until the players and owners finally sit down like grown-assed men and decide what the fair way is to split $9.8 BILLION dollars.

These court rulings are just another part of the show, like the federal mediator was. They really aren't going to get much accomplished except to provide more fuel to the fire and more division between the owners and players until they all realize that neither is making any money without a football season and a deal needs to get done.

These articles mean as much as the ones stating who our starting QB will be in September right now. Nothing. If there's one thing the legal system in this country isn't, it's fast.

SR
03-14-2011, 04:13 PM
Please move this thread to the right forum!

arapaho2
03-14-2011, 04:20 PM
by all predictions the the judge will rule very quickly for the injuction. the hearing is april 6th.. the draft is the 23rd.

im sure that is in the back of Dotys mind

worst case scenerio it could take a month but realisticly it should take 1 work week or less

might be in back of Dotys mind...but he's not hearing the case:coffee:

The hearing is scheduled to be in front of U.S. District Judge Susan Richard Nelson in Minnesota.