PDA

View Full Version : So whats going on with are d-line no pressure at all

broncos9697
09-25-2007, 04:14 PM
I want to know whats going on with our d-line this season we cant get a pass rush or any pressure on the QB at all,We cant stop the run...
I thought this was going to be a big season, bates oh he's the best he;ll get us going we brought all these new faces in to make us better but it has not we looked better last year then this,so where do we start pointing finger and I dont want to here its only the 4th game because thats a bunch of bull..
our men are so big in size they have to be brought out to rest all the time..and manning with the no-huddle this week is going to strive on that..
so tell me whats up..

SR
09-25-2007, 04:38 PM
:deadhorse:

jhns
09-25-2007, 04:41 PM
I am not sure where all of this talk of no pressure is comming from. I have seen lots of pressure. We can't stop the run, but QB's haven't had a lot of time. Last week there was just a mobile QB in the pocket that took off a lot of times when we where getting pressure.

I think we need to fix the DT's but the ends are playing real good. If we get the DT situation fixed, we should have a lot better run defense. We can't really bring in anybody this season so hopefully they can just teach the ones we have to play better.

BigBroncLove
09-25-2007, 05:15 PM
I am not sure where all of this talk of no pressure is comming from. I have seen lots of pressure. We can't stop the run, but QB's haven't had a lot of time. Last week there was just a mobile QB in the pocket that took off a lot of times when we where getting pressure.

I think we need to fix the DT's but the ends are playing real good. If we get the DT situation fixed, we should have a lot better run defense. We can't really bring in anybody this season so hopefully they can just teach the ones we have to play better.

I agree whole heartedly :beer:

TXBRONC
09-25-2007, 06:58 PM
I want to know whats going on with our d-line this season we cant get a pass rush or any pressure on the QB at all,We cant stop the run...
I thought this was going to be a big season, bates oh he's the best he;ll get us going we brought all these new faces in to make us better but it has not we looked better last year then this,so where do we start pointing finger and I dont want to here its only the 4th game because thats a bunch of bull..
our men are so big in size they have to be brought out to rest all the time..and manning with the no-huddle this week is going to strive on that..
so tell me whats up..

Like some of the others have said I don't know where you're getting the idea that there was no pressure, because there was. Garrard was sacked two or three times and one sack resulted in a turnover.

BroncoWave
09-25-2007, 07:02 PM
NUFF SAID!!!

http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/526d48cc-30c7-4be2-b31e-aa4db5dcdbf6.jpg

lex
09-25-2007, 07:04 PM
This is absurd.

TXBRONC
09-25-2007, 07:12 PM
NUFF SAID!!!

http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/526d48cc-30c7-4be2-b31e-aa4db5dcdbf6.jpg

I totally agree.

anton...
09-25-2007, 07:22 PM
I totally agree.

:dito:

_________
________
Live Sex Webshows (http://livesexwebshows.com/)

Requiem / The Dagda
09-25-2007, 08:16 PM
Gerard wouldn't have been flushed out of the pocket and forced to run if there wasn't pressure. Denver just needs to finish the job and get results. Our pass rush is better than last year, our run defense is worse.

lex
09-25-2007, 09:07 PM
It actually seems to me like teams are doing more three step drops against us this year. It seems like they are aware of the DEs for a change. Plus we have decent sack #s in spite of this.

broncosinindy
09-25-2007, 09:15 PM
Gerard wouldn't have been flushed out of the pocket and forced to run if there wasn't pressure. Denver just needs to finish the job and get results. Our pass rush is better than last year, our run defense is worse.

Hey dream i see your boy is ripping it up in oakland. Yeah it wasnt the injuries your right.

Joel
09-26-2007, 01:12 AM
Yeah, we need NTs, not DEs, which is why I wanted us to go after those instead of DEs in the draft. So we've got good ends (which we had last year, IMHO) but we don't have anyone to stuff the gut or collapse the pocket when QBs step up to avoid blitzers getting around tackle. The problem is certainly NOT that our guys are so big they have to lumber off the field after every play; the only one in that boat is Adams (more because of his health than his size, IMHO) and what's killing us is that Burton, Thomas, Gordon and McKinley don't have his kind of flattening bulk.

On a related note, and in fairness to Dream, while I still feel Warren was hampered by injuries and Michael "Mediocrity" Myers last year, and certainly miss having his bulk instead of Gordons much lesser one, he WAS cut by Denver, so he has something to prove if he wants Chokeland to keep him. Much of the complaint against "Big Money" has been not that he lacked the ability, but the motivation after he got his chunky contract, and his first few games as a Raider are virtually irrelevant to that. Now, if he has a great year, signs a lucrative five year deal and makes three of the next five Pro Bowls....

sneakers
09-26-2007, 04:18 AM
Maybe I don't have high enough expectations, but I think we have been getting good pressure on third and longs.

I hope we can knock around payton manning a lot this week. I always like watching him get sacked.