PDA

View Full Version : NFL Fan Strike!!!!!!

vettesplus
03-12-2011, 04:34 PM
NFL FAN STRIKE!!!!!! DO NOT BUY ANY NFL MERCHANDISE BEARING THE NFL LOGO SHIELD FROM THIS DAY UNTIL 1 YEAR AFTER THE NEXT GAME OF PRO FOOTBALL IS PLAYED!!!! LET THE OWNERS AND PLAYERS KNOW THAT WE PAY THEIR SALARIES AND WITH OUT US SPENDING MONEY, THERE CAN NOT BE 9 BILLION DOLLARS TO ARGUE ABOUT!!!!!!!!!************************************ **** *************

Stay in tune....

Bullgator
03-12-2011, 04:34 PM
agreed

SoCalImport
03-12-2011, 04:42 PM
Easy enough. I haven't bought anything NFL in about 3 years.

BORDERLINE
03-12-2011, 04:45 PM
yup, it's only screen printed non-authentic Broncos T's for me. Cheaper and better quality because they are the Pro Club Brand.

And add me to the list of fans that are never buying a jersey with a players name on it. Whenever this BS is over and I have cash to get me a jersey my name is gonna be on that expensive piece of garb.

dogfish
03-12-2011, 05:09 PM
are we gonna have a cool secret handshake?

okay, i'm in. . . .

Denver Native (Carol)
03-12-2011, 05:12 PM
NFL FAN STRIKE!!!!!! DO NOT BUY ANY NFL MERCHANDISE BEARING THE NFL LOGO SHIELD FROM THIS DAY UNTIL 1 YEAR AFTER THE NEXT GAME OF PRO FOOTBALL IS PLAYED!!!! LET THE OWNERS AND PLAYERS KNOW THAT WE PAY THEIR SALARIES AND WITH OUT US SPENDING MONEY, THERE CAN NOT BE 9 BILLION DOLLARS TO ARGUE ABOUT!!!!!!!!!************************************ **** *************

Stay in tune....

Great idea - however, what about the stores around the country who carry NFL jerseys - I would imagine they have already paid the NFL for the merchandise in their stores - so, they will be the ones hurting, not the NFL.

rcsodak
03-12-2011, 05:28 PM
Great idea - however, what about the stores around the country who carry NFL jerseys - I would imagine they have already paid the NFL for the merchandise in their stores - so, they will be the ones hurting, not the NFL.

Exactly. Let's all band together and increase unemployment/bankrupties/foreclosures.

GREAT IDEA!

Let's see how many of you NFL TICKET subscribers cancel your contracts/don't renew.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

HORSEPOWER 56
03-12-2011, 05:40 PM

Exactly, The billionaire owners and millionaire players will not be the major casualties in this war.

The people whose livelihood is dependent on the money brought in during the NFL season are the ones that are going to suffer. The business owners and entrepreneurs who, in good faith, have committed themselves to the NFL are the ones who are really going to lose out.

bcbronc
03-12-2011, 05:42 PM
we need a slogan!

viva la fans!

Solidarity in fanship!

I've got more if we need 'em.

BroncoWave
03-12-2011, 05:46 PM

Yay, someone who understands supply chains! High-5 to you!

UrbanBounca
03-12-2011, 05:54 PM

Yay, someone who understands supply chains! High-5 to you!

They buy merchandise based on their sales. Basically, my local sports store doesn't even sell NFL merchandise during the off-season.

That said, my draft day hat collection is coming to an end this year. The NFLPA has to understand they're playing a sport. I understand they put in a lot of work, but I can guarantee there are so many people willing to quit their job for a job playing in the NFL.

I can't request my boss' financial information, and neither can they.

WARHORSE
03-12-2011, 06:06 PM
Hey YOU HICKS!

NAIL EM UP!!!!

I SAY, NAIL EM UP!!!!

:confused:

Put down your pitchforks and clubs.

Go home.

Go home I tell ya, to your wives and children.

Go home before someone gets hurt.:coffee:

bcbronc
03-12-2011, 06:26 PM
I understand they put in a lot of work, but I can guarantee there are so many people willing to quit their job for a job playing in the NFL.

and would you tune in every Sunday to watch all those people play in the NFL? I know I wouldn't.

In a couple of months, CFL football starts. There's usually a few games on NFLN. take a couple of hours and watch a game or two.

It's good football. entertaining, fast paced. But it's second-tier athletes compared to the NFL, and it shows. I enjoy the CFL, but it's not comparable to the NFL, and that's mostly because of the level of talent on the rosters.

MileHighCrew
03-12-2011, 06:34 PM
Sorry can't do it and I am keeping my sunday ticket too

sneakers
03-12-2011, 06:47 PM
Can we still buy bootleg jerseys sewn by some 8 year old kid in Cambodia???

JaxBroncoGirl
03-12-2011, 07:02 PM
agreed

Lets break this down:

1. Bar owners that rely on NFL games every Sunday.
2. Shop owners that rely on us fans to buy NFL items.
3. Employees that work the game.
4. Vendors that rely on the game each Sunday.
5. Cab companies, hotels.
6. Youngsters watching the game (priceless).
7. TV stations and commercials.

I am sure I have missed many other things, this is just horrible. Ya'll know I am from a college background and always will be. It is awesome to root for your college player when they go pro.

I am starting to think the reason I love College vs. Pro - is this right here. All money, money money. It only hurts the fans.

While this cluster "f" happens it only effects the little people, Go Gators!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Go Broncos if we have a season, which I think will be tainted just like baseball.

Problem is, I really think they (NFL) wanted this lockout all along. We few people that actually thought they could come to an agreement were really blinded by the sport itself.

underrated29
03-12-2011, 07:10 PM
This is like that gas out they tried to do a year ago.

I guarantee that all of you will be watching football and buying products and jerseys 5 years from now. And there will still be tons of people on here and espn and BF and all the other football places too.

Have fun being the one mosquito that does not bite.

( I do applaud the idea though, but really like the players, you stand no chance)

atwater27
03-12-2011, 08:01 PM
No NFL Sunday Ticket for me. And I won't even buy Madden football this year either. And definitely no jerseys.

UrbanBounca
03-12-2011, 11:21 PM
and would you tune in every Sunday to watch all those people play in the NFL? I know I wouldn't.

In a couple of months, CFL football starts. There's usually a few games on NFLN. take a couple of hours and watch a game or two.

It's good football. entertaining, fast paced. But it's second-tier athletes compared to the NFL, and it shows. I enjoy the CFL, but it's not comparable to the NFL, and that's mostly because of the level of talent on the rosters.

I probably would if that's all I had to watch. Not to mention, I think a lot of players would leave the NFLPA.

Either way, I'm looking forward to NCAA football this year. They play for the name on the front of their jersey.

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
03-13-2011, 06:47 AM
In principle I think it is a great idea, I think it would certainly hit home to the NFL in an ideal world. Unfortunately I don't think it would ever work to the desired effect though. In 2005 just before the Glazers bought United all these idea's were mooted and lots of them carried out, there were marches with upto to 10/15k strong at games, flashmobs in the official megastore, Nike (kit suppliers), vodafone (shirt sponsors at the time) and ladbrokes (the official bookmakers at the time) stores in Manchester causing them to shut on more than one occasion, demonstrations in London at Parliament, even a group of fans managed to walk into a FIFA meeting for a peaceful protest (although the look on the faces when they saw a group of Mancunians interupt the pigs in trough session was priceless) There were also more militant operations that cannot be made public at this moment (will be in the future though). Anyway everyone to a man it seemed before the take over was never going to buy any sponser products including nike, vodafone, pepsi, audi etc and everyone would stop going Old Trafford and form our own club (FC United, which did happen) and stop buying any United merchandise. This if you weren't aware was because the Glazers were buying United with over $1billion of borrowed money which would be heaped on the club (ie the fans) rather than Glazers, resulting in United being then and still now in a financial mess and do not have a pot to piss in (regardless of what ever comical Ali type voices from Old Trafford say). That was in 2005, the percentage of people who actually carried out with these threats after the takeover I reckon was 10% if that. It actually created diversion than unity and caused and still causes untold physical fights and arguments to this day. I'm in that 10% and for 6 years have broken my own rules a couple of time. My kids want United stuff so I get them the shirt and I've been to a couple of games at Old Trafford with the eldest, he is at the age where if he doesn't go he may never go and even Glazer won't deprive him of that.

Sorry I am waffling but my point is that sports fans in the whole just want to watch their team and are not interested enough in the politics to actually try and make a difference. I wish I was like that to be honest. I've sacrificed a lot since the Glazers took over with little to no thanks and while I'm happy and at ease that I have made a difference no matter small and will continue to do so I have missed out on some great games. If 70,000 match going United fans can't carry out a boycott when their club is in $1billion worth of debt because of a man who has never set foot in Manchester then I'd be amazed that you would get millions of fans in the US boycotting because of the chance that they may miss a few games.

You go for it mate if you want and I'll stand by your side (virtually speaking) and be happy with the effort you put in just don't expect the normal fan to follow you, because if you do you'll sadly end up, disappointed, disillusioned and at times annoyed with people who just want to feel part of their team, which at the end of the day we all want.

MasterShake
03-13-2011, 10:19 AM
yup, it's only screen printed non-authentic Broncos T's for me. Cheaper and better quality because they are the Pro Club Brand.

And add me to the list of fans that are never buying a jersey with a players name on it. Whenever this BS is over and I have cash to get me a jersey my name is gonna be on that expensive piece of garb.

Amen! Learned that lesson long ago! My favorite jersey has the name of a person on it who is too stupid to leave the Broncos or the NFL... ME! :lol:

It really is a comfy jersey though. Plus, its kind of weird having some other dudes name on your back.

Softskull
03-13-2011, 04:12 PM
I continue to steal from one of my favorite posters elsewhere. I hope this doesn't break any posting rules. Mingo is a sharp witted devil.

I make this solemn promise - I will not purchase any Raider gear until this dispute is resolved and probably not after that either. However, if everyone in the United States and around the world refused to buy Raider gear - we can break this ownership cartel as one NFL partner will be forced to slash the price of its gear in a feeble attempt to arouse any interest in the sale of its logo. I suggest a collective NFL fan campaign to boycott Raider gear until labor peace is achieved. Once the Raiders are destroyed let's set our sights on the Chiefs or the Chargers or even the Patriots - take them down one at a time until the owners and the players capitulate.

Read more: http://forums.kffl.com/threads/284407-NFLPA-has-Decertified./page2#ixzz1GW3hjwO2

OrangeHoof
03-13-2011, 06:31 PM
A fan strike is silly talk. It's battered wife syndrome. You'll be back as soon as they come back. Book it.

Truth is, the NFL has no shortage of guys willing to play pro football just to wear the uniforms they grew up watching and, apparently no shortage of men willing to claim they played pro football in order to get laid.

So just start signing guys and you'll make 80-90% of the revenue you would have made with no labor dispute. People will still watch and the bars will make money. The only losers will be the union and the players who stood with them.

Softskull
03-13-2011, 08:30 PM
A fan strike is silly talk. It's battered wife syndrome. You'll be back as soon as they come back. Book it.

Truth is, the NFL has no shortage of guys willing to play pro football just to wear the uniforms they grew up watching and, apparently no shortage of men willing to claim they played pro football in order to get laid.

So just start signing guys and you'll make 80-90% of the revenue you would have made with no labor dispute. People will still watch and the bars will make money. The only losers will be the union and the players who stood with them.

Maybe. I haven't been to a MLB game since '94. It was my favorite sport as a kid. I still watch AAA ball locally, but I'll never go back to watch the bigs, even on TV. It's not like I'm trying to vote with my dollar either. The sport just changed for me then. I was still under the illusion that the game was bigger than the money. It became painfully obvious that the game was the money.

BORDERLINE
03-13-2011, 10:16 PM
how about us fans create a league

we can play in local parks and it will be only 2 hand touch

i'll call on my q.b talents from 7th grade and with enough practice we can compete with the community college football players

I'll start on the logo right away

SR
03-14-2011, 08:45 AM
Can we still buy bootleg jerseys sewn by some 8 year old kid in Cambodia???

You absolutely can, my friend. Most of them come from South Korea. :D

OrangeHoof
03-14-2011, 09:50 AM
Jerry Seinfeld used to muse about baseball "you're really cheering for the laundry." The same is true of football, only worse. The players are only there to most fans for what they can do to help the team win and if they can't help the team win then get rid of them. We'll root for a total dick like Travis Henry or Bill Romanowski as long as they help the Broncos win but as soon as they are no longer on the team we trash them.

So, Bowlen could take 50 random guys, suit them up in Broncos gear and put them on a field against 50 random guys dressed in Raiders gear and most people will watch and most people will care who wins. They may find less people willing to spend $100/seat to watch them but we'll still care and season tickets sales won't drop much because of fear that they'll lose the seats they've fought for decades to hold while trying to make a point.

Baseball and the other major team sports live on tv money and the walk-up gate. Pro football doesn't. The walk-up gate is minimal in most cities. It's all season ticket holders and everyone knows there's a waiting list if you don't want to re-up.

The owners should just press ahead. The players have no choice but to cave.

SR
03-14-2011, 09:58 AM
Do you really think the players would cave in that scenario?

rationalfan
03-14-2011, 10:12 AM

Stay in tune....

nice spunk. but if y'all really want to start a revolution vow to not watch any football games for a year. the merchandising makes money, but the real big dollars come from the tv contracts.

rcsodak
03-14-2011, 10:33 AM
Jerry Seinfeld used to muse about baseball "you're really cheering for the laundry." The same is true of football, only worse. The players are only there to most fans for what they can do to help the team win and if they can't help the team win then get rid of them. We'll root for a total dick like Travis Henry or Bill Romanowski as long as they help the Broncos win but as soon as they are no longer on the team we trash them.

So, Bowlen could take 50 random guys, suit them up in Broncos gear and put them on a field against 50 random guys dressed in Raiders gear and most people will watch and most people will care who wins. They may find less people willing to spend $100/seat to watch them but we'll still care and season tickets sales won't drop much because of fear that they'll lose the seats they've fought for decades to hold while trying to make a point.

Baseball and the other major team sports live on tv money and the walk-up gate. Pro football doesn't. The walk-up gate is minimal in most cities. It's all season ticket holders and everyone knows there's a waiting list if you don't want to re-up.

The owners should just press ahead. The players have no choice but to cave.

The owners could just scrap the current pay system, since theirs no more union....and set minimim base at $40,000. Pay the superstars the big bucks only, just to keep the league better than the UFL (manning$ 6M to cowboys), and let the players see what the real life is like.

BroncoNut
03-14-2011, 10:33 AM

but they won't order more from the NFL Carol. the demand will decrease. I think this is a great idea that would really send a message

SR
03-14-2011, 10:34 AM
I couldn't imagine going from making millions per year to making $40k/yr. Shit, I couldn't imagine going from making $100k/yr to $40k/yr.

rcsodak
03-14-2011, 10:36 AM
nice spunk. but if y'all really want to start a revolution vow to not watch any football games for a year. the merchandising makes money, but the real big dollars come from the tv contracts.
But rational, at some point, we're all going to buy Bud/Chevy/Ford, etc, regardless of watching some commercials that still are shown, by the way, even when football isn't on. And again, that's hurting people that aren't named bowlen, rooney, etc.

rcsodak
03-14-2011, 10:38 AM
I couldn't imagine going from making millions per year to making $40k/yr. Shit, I couldn't imagine going from making $100k/yr to $40k/yr.
Especiallyy when some of the numbnuts in the league spend 5 figures at restaurants, titty bars, etc.

SR
03-14-2011, 10:39 AM
But rational, at some point, we're all going to buy Bud/Chevy/Ford, etc, regardless of watching some commercials that still are shown, by the way, even when football isn't on. And again, that's hurting people that aren't named bowlen, rooney, etc.

I won't buy Ford/Chevy/Budweiser.

rcsodak
03-14-2011, 10:40 AM
I won't buy Ford/Chevy/Budweiser.
:laugh:

Day1BroncoFan
03-14-2011, 11:00 AM
I'll say it again.

If any kind of lockout happens I will never spend another dime on NFL anything.

SR
03-14-2011, 11:03 AM
I'll say it again.

What if you go to the mall this weekend and the hat store is having some kind of crazy clearance sale and the Broncos hat you've always wanted is 50% off?

Day1BroncoFan
03-14-2011, 11:10 AM
What if you go to the mall this weekend and the hat store is having some kind of crazy clearance sale and the Broncos hat you've always wanted is 50% off?

I am talking mostly about regular season games. I don't care what they do for the rest of it. I only go to the mall about once a year and I just did it right before Valentines Day. The Broncos gear I get I just tell people what I want any I get for Christmas or birthday. I neve buy it myself.

I hate going to the mall.

rcsodak
03-14-2011, 11:10 AM
I'll say it again.
OMG! NOOOOOO's! :eek:

Hopefully there will be enough like you so I can save big bucks then. :lol:

SR
03-14-2011, 11:12 AM
I am talking mostly about regular season games. I don't care what they do for the rest of it. I only go to the mall about once a year and I just did it right before Valentines Day. The Broncos gear I get I just tell people what I want any I get for Christmas or birthday. I neve buy it myself.

I hate going to the mall.

It was a hypothetical scenario. But I see your point.

I, on the other hand, am not a big fan of this strike and will join you in not purchasing any NFL merch until it's over.

Day1BroncoFan
03-14-2011, 11:27 AM
It was a hypothetical scenario. But I see your point.

I, on the other hand, am not a big fan of this strike and will join you in not purchasing any NFL merch until it's over.

I'm not going on a strike per se but more like just fed up with the whole greed thing. I would be more inclined to be symapthetic if they could manage to even be good role models. I realize that some are good role models but sometimes you have to put all the apples in the same barrel to get a point across. I am not excluding owners from the greed part of it but they at least to my knowledge don't seem to be getting arrested and convicted of crimes.

OMG! NOOOOOO's! :eek:

Hopefully there will be enough like you so I can save big bucks then. :lol:

Good luck.

OrangeHoof
03-14-2011, 12:25 PM
Do you really think the players would cave in that scenario?

Absolutely. They caved in 1987. Nothing has changed.

SR
03-14-2011, 12:41 PM
Absolutely. They caved in 1987. Nothing has changed.

Do you think the owners have the balls to do something that drastic?

rationalfan
03-14-2011, 03:02 PM

that's why americans are poor revolutionaries. we revert to past tendencies as soon as our passion/convenience is expired. a true protester would swear off bud/chevy/ford forever.

i'm not saying we should all protest or that i'm going to protest, but small revolutions like not buying extraneous items such as nfl merchandising aren't much more than a token gesture that makes the person doing it feel good. the only impact the owners/players will feel is if fans truly strike by not attending any games (imagine empty stadiums) or not watching any games so the ratings are poor (which pisses off the real people in power, the richies).

truly, that would get the point across, if the fans organized and committed to not watch any football - via tv or in person - on one sunday during the season. i just don't see it happening. if people aren't protesting our higher gas prices and inflated food costs, why would anybody boycott football?

SR
03-14-2011, 04:17 PM
Very valid points.

OrangeHoof
03-14-2011, 04:41 PM
i just don't see it happening. if people aren't protesting our higher gas prices and inflated food costs, why would anybody boycott football?

Exactly.

And watch how the NCAA is poised to profit with realigned conferences and new tv deals. If only they'd get smart and put in a playoff but then the greedy ******** would probably make that 68 teams too.

rationalfan
03-14-2011, 05:57 PM
Exactly.

And watch how the NCAA is poised to profit with realigned conferences and new tv deals. If only they'd get smart and put in a playoff but then the greedy ******** would probably make that 68 teams too.

spinning off this thought, did anyone watch the "Fab Five" documentary on ESPN last night? i thought one of the great subtexts was how much money the U of Michigan (and the NCAA) made off these guys, but then punished them for getting loans/gifts from a family friend. pure hypocrisy.