PDA

View Full Version : League releases details of proposal that union didn't accept

Denver Native (Carol)
03-12-2011, 03:04 PM
After 16 days of mediated talks, the NFL and the NFL Players Association couldn't reach an agreement on a new labor deal. The league released what it described as a summary of its proposal to the union:

1. We more than split the economic difference between us, increasing our proposed cap for 2011 significantly and accepting the union's proposed cap number for 2014 ($161 million per club).

2. An entry-level compensation system based on the union's "rookie cap" proposal, rather than the wage scale proposed by the clubs. Under the NFL proposal, players drafted in rounds 2-7 would be paid the same or more than they are paid today. Savings from the first round would be reallocated to veteran players and benefits.

3. A guarantee of up to $1 million of a player's salary for the contract year after his injury, the first time that the clubs have offered a standard multiyear injury guarantee.

rest of proposal - http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81eb9907/article/league-releases-details-of-proposal-that-union-didnt-accept?module=HP_headlines

Bullgator
03-12-2011, 03:11 PM
I think you should watch this and not drink the leagues coolaid...

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d81eb9450/Players-Football-is-in-good-hands?module=HP_video

Denver Native (Carol)
03-12-2011, 03:17 PM

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d81eb9450/Players-Football-is-in-good-hands?module=HP_video

I think you should not determine what I should do

Bullgator
03-12-2011, 03:35 PM
I think you should not determine what I should do

we disagree Carol... on most everything seemingly... but just maybe sometimes you can put your haterade down and see where im coming from now and then.

You post alot of great info and for the most part you know your stuff, even if i dont agree with some of your opinions. and beleive it or not despite all our jabs(dont think i dont see all your high fives on the posts that degrade me) i still do respect you a great deal as a knowlagable fan. maybe not as an objective person especialy towards me but as a fan that knows your stuff.

in this case however your guzzling NFL coolaid

the players are going for the jugular ina fight the owners started... no argueing that the owners started this by opting out of what wasnt broken.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-12-2011, 03:40 PM
we disagree Carol... on most everything seemingly... but just maybe sometimes you can put your haterade down and see where im coming from now and then.

You post alot of great info and for the most part you know your stuff, even if i dont agree with some of your opinions. and beleive it or not despite all our jabs(dont think i dont see all your high fives on the posts that degrade me) i still do respect you a great deal as a knowlagable fan. maybe not as an objective person especialy towards me but as a fan that knows your stuff.

the players are going for the jugular ina fight the owners started... no argueing that the owners started this by opting out of what wasnt broken.

I am NOT guzzling anything. I did not add my own comments in regards to the article which was on the NFL website, which I posted. And, I would appreciate it if you would stop making this personal.

Slick
03-12-2011, 03:45 PM

I think you should delete your account and stop posting here.

Bullgator
03-12-2011, 03:51 PM
I am NOT guzzling anything. I did not add my own comments in regards to the article which was on the NFL website, which I posted. And, I would appreciate it if you would stop making this personal.

whatever you say Carol, idk who intellect your insulting by saying your not picking a side here.. selective article posting doesnt need to be followed by your own added comments.. if you want to say you are objective then post both sides... or dont you know the NFL is not the NFLPA?

anyhow i would like to make some sort of peace with you, though i know there will always be a a small rift because you see me as a half breed fan and a cockraoch you cant kill. but seriously i see no reason why you and i cant get along.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-12-2011, 04:03 PM
whatever you say Carol, idk who intellect your insulting by saying your not picking a side here.. selective article posting doesnt need to be followed by your own added comments.. if you want to say you are objective then post both sides... or dont you know the NFL is not the NFLPA?

anyhow i would like to make some sort of peace with you, though i know there will always be a a small rift because you see me as a half breed fan and a cockraoch you cant kill. but seriously i see no reason why you and i cant get along.

First off - I will post WHATEVER I want to, I do NOT need to answer to you, I do NOT need to get your OK, AND I, just like you, can have my OWN opinion on things, and as far as you stating you would like to make some sort of peace with me, STOP making personal comments to me, which this is NOT the first time you have done so.

Northman
03-12-2011, 04:08 PM

Way to hijack the thread ********.

turftoad
03-12-2011, 04:10 PM
This is a good thread. Keep it ON TOPIC.

Bullgator
03-12-2011, 04:20 PM
First off - I will post WHATEVER I want to, I do NOT need to answer to you, I do NOT need to get your OK, AND I, just like you, can have my OWN opinion on things, and as far as you stating you would like to make some sort of peace with me, STOP making personal comments to me, which this is NOT the first time you have done so.

sorry for reaching out. no one is telling you what to do. that goes both ways.

as far as the topic:

if i came to any of you as a business partner and said give me a billion dollars and didnt tell you why youd tell me to get lost..

and then i would come back and say ok not a bill but half a bill... youd still tell me to get lost.. its still giving up something that belongs to both of us without knowing why.

the players IMO have no reason to give shit to the owners without FULL disclosure and detailed evidence that they need it period.

Northman
03-12-2011, 04:24 PM
Players have to earn their paychecks just like everyone else. They dont deserve shit or arent "owed" anything. If they want to be "partners" than they need to put in their own money into the organization just like the owners have. Simply being employed by a company does not make you a partner. lmao

Agent of Orange
03-12-2011, 04:28 PM
Players have to earn their paychecks just like everyone else. They dont deserve shit or arent "owed" anything. If they want to be "partners" than they need to put in their own money into the organization just like the owners have. Simply being employed by a company does not make you a partner. lmao

People need to get it through their heads that they're more than employees. The players are the product.

This whole impulse to equate NFL players to every day life, like theyre working on a factory floor (or whatever) is full of flaw. People need to wrap their heads around that.

Bullgator
03-12-2011, 04:30 PM

I think you are misinformed north despite what you think the players are legaly PARTNERS. im not saying they should be im saying they are LEGALY. individually they are employees but collectivly they are contracted as partners. legaly they have evry right to know whats happeing with THEIR money. why do you think there are negociations? they are in dispute over money that belongs to them both. legaly they are partners

turftoad
03-12-2011, 04:37 PM
I think you are misinformed north despite what you think the players are legaly PARTNERS. im not saying they should be im saying they are LEGALY. individually they are employees but collectivly they are contracted as partners. legaly they have evry right to know whats happeing with THEIR money. why do you think there are negociations? they are in dispute over money that belongs to them both. legaly they are partners

I want to see a link that explains how they are legal partners.

rcsodak
03-12-2011, 04:40 PM

Dude, you seriously have some mental issues. Get help. Your attacking followed by an" olive branch" is childish/unwanted/and deeply disturbing.
You're attacking those that that have been here since the start that are meaningful/respected positive posters that are so out of your league its not even close.
GTFU and pay your dues by showing the respect these posters deserve.
TIA.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Northman
03-12-2011, 04:44 PM
People need to get it through their heads that they're more than employees. The players are the product.

This whole impulse to equate NFL players to every day life, like theyre working on a factory floor (or whatever) is full of flaw. People need to wrap their heads around that.

Em nope. They sign contracts that are viewed not just by them but their agents, families what have you. No one is twisting their are to do this. But once they sign on the dotted line they are expected to fulfill that agreement. You dont like whats being written on the contract? Dont sign. Its not rocket science here. So no, your totally incorrect. They are indeed employees expected to fulfill the contracts they sign.

rcsodak
03-12-2011, 04:45 PM

Other people need to realize that these players are well compensated for playing this game. And these owners don't need these teams to survive. They had their money BEFORE the NFL.

Bullgator
03-12-2011, 04:46 PM
Dude, you seriously have some mental issues. Get help. Your attacking followed by an" olive branch" is childish/unwanted/and deeply disturbing.
You're attacking those that that have been here since the start that are meaningful/respected positive posters that are so out of your league its not even close.
GTFU and pay your dues by showing the respect these posters deserve.
TIA.

I have nothing but respect for people who show respect. Carol attacked me the very first day i joined and i wasnt having any of it.. because i wouldnt cowtow to her and anyone else ive been hated ever since.

disagreeing with her is not attacking her. i didnt attack her. i disagreed followed by the olive brach.. i really do want to get along witth all of you TRUELY but not at the expense of cowtowing to anyone.

im no less than anyone of you. if fighting and defending myself offends you thats not my problem.

i been paying dues with every jab on every post directed at me

on the topic ill search for the CBA agreement wich clearly calls the players as partners

Northman
03-12-2011, 04:47 PM

Again, like Agent Orange you are incorrect. They do not share any ownership of those franchises thus have no say to the money that the owner has. If the players want to have a share of ownership they have to get the owners to agree to it. But since none of the players put any of their own money into that franchise they have no claim whatsoever. The players sign binding contracts (which they agree too) to perform certain duties for that organization. None of the includes running or being a partner of that organization. They are simply employees earning a paycheck.

Northman
03-12-2011, 04:50 PM
Ill add one more thing.

If the players have a stake in the owner's money does the owners have a stake of claim to the player's endorsement money? I think not. The players have no legal ties with the owners money so some of you guys need to buy a clue.

Bullgator
03-12-2011, 04:55 PM
Again, like Agent Orange you are incorrect. They do not share any ownership of those franchises thus have no say to the money that the owner has. If the players want to have a share of ownership they have to get the owners to agree to it. But since none of the players put any of their own money into that franchise they have no claim whatsoever. The players sign binding contracts (which they agree too) to perform certain duties for that organization. None of the includes running or being a partner of that organization. They are simply employees earning a paycheck.

the players dont share in ownership of the teams ONLY THE REVENUE GENERATED BY THE NFL they are partners in the revenue! the owners solely own the teams not the revenue! thats why a CBA existed! it was a 40/60% partnership split on the revenue.. i dont see what is so hard to understand here... the NFL wants to change an existing arangement to change the revenue sharing to thier favor... ok but dont open that can of worms cuz if you shit the bed like you did in 87 your only get reamed harder.

dont get mad at me because in 87 NFL lost the very right you are talking about. they now share as partners in the revenue.

we arent talking about fair we are talking about fact and the way things are.. as it is the revenue is as much theplayers as it is the owners.. it is what it is

Northman
03-12-2011, 05:01 PM
they dont share in ownership of the teams ONLY THE REVENUE GENERATED BY THE NFL they are partners in the revenue! the owners solely own the teams not the revenue! thats why a CBA existed! it was a 40/60% partnership split on the revenue.. i dont see what is so hard to understand here... the NFL wants to change an existing arangement to change the revenue sharing to thier favor... ok but dont open that can of worms cuz if you shit the bed like you did in 87 your only get reamed harder.

So wait, because they want it to be a 50/50 split and the players dont like it you think the owners are being greedy? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Priceless.

If anything, the owners take the biggest risk to begin with. Wasting money on guys like JaMarshmellow is ridiculous when they havent proven jack shit. Sure, the owners are being ignorant in some areas but not in the area your trying to claim. Players make A LOT of money on endorsements and everything else that the owners dont get a percentage of.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-12-2011, 05:03 PM
Not sure if the following is accurate, but if it is, it is interesting:

* The owners may have a legitimate economic case to make. Just look at the recent evidence out of Green Bay. Being the NFL’s only publicly-traded franchise, the Pack is required to issue financial statements to the public. What have these statements shown? Per the Green Bay Press Gazette, the statements show that spending on player salary has grown by $22 million since the 2008-2009 fiscal year, while team revenues have only grown $10 million in that span. Add in the fact that the Packers posted an operating profit of 9.8 million last year, when the year before they had an operating profit of $20.1 million, and those are some hard numbers to argue with. In business, it’s not about increasing revenue; it’s about increasing profit. If Green Bay is becoming less profitable, it’s plausible that the rest of the league is, too.

* Player salary has gotten out of control. Look, I’ve always been an advocate of teams spending the money they need to in order to get the players for their teams. Owners can’t build championship teams without spending some dough. But that doesn’t mean that player salaries haven’t gotten out of control. The amounts of money being guaranteed in modern NFL contracts are ridiculous (two examples: Albert Haynesworth’s “highest-paid defensive player” contract with the Redskins in 2009 and the guarantees that are included in top rookie contracts). Add to that the fact that some players that get those guarantees often miss time for injuries (i.e. Brian Westbrook), leaving teams with unproductive salary on their books. That’s not a good financial situation for any team.

full article - much more - http://www.scribblednotespa.com/content/defending-nfls-ownership

Bullgator
03-12-2011, 05:05 PM
So wait, because they want it to be a 50/50 split and the players dont like it you think the owners are being greedy? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Priceless.

If anything, the owners take the biggest risk to begin with. Wasting money on guys like JaMarshmellow is ridiculous when they havent proven jack shit. Sure, the owners are being ignorant in some areas but not in the area your trying to claim. Players make A LOT of money on endorsements and everything else that the owners dont get a percentage of.

Im saying yes, the owners stirred a hornets nest when everything was fine.... 50/50 60/40 w/e man they were still making cash hand over fist.

you stick up for the owners but it was THEM that planned a lockout against the fans and prepaired for it by shady deals to get 4 bill lockout stash.

they players are greedy shits too but in this case the OWNERS planned all this and now its blowing up in thier faces.

i think they both suck but the owners are more to blame here for planning this

rcsodak
03-12-2011, 05:10 PM
Not sure if the following is accurate, but if it is, it is interesting:

full article - much more - http://www.scribblednotespa.com/content/defending-nfls-ownership

:eek: Carol, how COULD you!

:lol:

turftoad
03-12-2011, 05:21 PM
AGAIN...... keep this on topic and get rid of the personal crap.

This is a good thread, I'd hate to have to shut it down.

Agent of Orange
03-12-2011, 05:28 PM
Em nope. They sign contracts that are viewed not just by them but their agents, families what have you. No one is twisting their are to do this. But once they sign on the dotted line they are expected to fulfill that agreement. You dont like whats being written on the contract? Dont sign. Its not rocket science here. So no, your totally incorrect. They are indeed employees expected to fulfill the contracts they sign.

Yeah there is. Otherwise, theyd use scabs long term. How many Pat Bowlen jerseys are sold? Stop being naive.

Agent of Orange
03-12-2011, 05:30 PM
Other people need to realize that these players are well compensated for playing this game. And these owners don't need these teams to survive. They had their money BEFORE the NFL.

The owners are free to sell.

SR
03-12-2011, 06:33 PM

Carol doesn't write the articles. Know where you are on the totem pole dude. Carol is the shiznit and you're in absolutely no position to try to tell her what she needs to do or think.

SR
03-12-2011, 06:36 PM
I have nothing but respect for people who show respect. Carol attacked me the very first day i joined and i wasnt having any of it.. because i wouldnt cowtow to her and anyone else ive been hated ever since.

disagreeing with her is not attacking her. i didnt attack her. i disagreed followed by the olive brach.. i really do want to get along witth all of you TRUELY but not at the expense of cowtowing to anyone.

im no less than anyone of you. if fighting and defending myself offends you thats not my problem.

i been paying dues with every jab on every post directed at me

on the topic ill search for the CBA agreement wich clearly calls the players as partners

Ever heard the expression "You have to earn your stripes"?

SR
03-12-2011, 06:37 PM
My apologies for interjecting without responding to the thread topic. I do agree with Northman, man.

Benetto
03-12-2011, 07:06 PM
Here's a thought you POS millionaires and billionaires...Instead of fighting who is going to get richer, donate that extra piece of the pie to our troops and rescue efforts involved with the Japan quake/tsunami. They need it more than any of you greedy cowards.

atwater27
03-12-2011, 08:21 PM
we disagree Carol...

And you are guzzling NFLPA ale. What's your point. It's a debate. state your case and let others state theirs.

Bullgator
03-12-2011, 08:25 PM
Ever heard the expression "You have to earn your stripes"?

How? by kising ass and agreeing with every little thing the so called "untouchables" have to say around here?

its an opinion board! or its supposed to be, instead its like a prepy middle school sewing circle. If i like TT and disagree with the all mightys then kill the new kid!!

its a shame, some of these people are supposed to be older mature experienced people trying to keep the peace around here not banding together and causing fights and divisions. I can be an ass with the best of em but I would rather just get along AND keep my freedom to post and dignity.

Red if it was you, you would have none of it- end of story.

-------

Lets see if this makes sense.. if any of you can answere this question for me....

Who was it that started this whole lockout mess? the owners? or the players?

you have your answer who is more to blame.

HORSEPOWER 56
03-12-2011, 08:45 PM
How? by kising ass and agreeing with every little thing the so called "untouchables" have to say around here?

its an opinion board! or its supposed to be, instead its like a prepy middle school sewing circle. If i like TT and disagree with the all mightys then kill the new kid!!

its a shame, some of these people are supposed to be older mature experienced people trying to keep the peace around here not banding together and causing fights and divisions. I can be an ass with the best of em but I would rather just get along AND keep my freedom to post and dignity.

Red if it was you, you would have none of it- end of story.

-------

Lets see if this makes sense.. if any of you can answere this question for me....

Who was it that started this whole lockout mess? the owners? or the players?

you have your answer who is more to blame.

Bull, I think you'd be a little more "accepted" and your opinion a little more "respected" and you wouldn't have to always feel like you have to defend yourself if you weren't always the one on the attack.

The fact that the majority of the time you post the same thing about you-know-who over and over, even when it means taking shots at Broncos players, coaches, and even other posters here, has kind of dug your own grave and you've done a good job labeling yourself a troll whether that's true or not.

You start every thread by baiting and you enter into threads that you didn't start with "guns-a-blazing" at anyone you disagree with. I love Tebow and I really hope he's our future at QB for the next 15 years, but that doesn't mean I need to discuss him, and argue about him, and worship him, and derail every thread with talk of him all the time...

I Love me some Champ Bailey, but I don't start 4 new threads about him every day. It gets old and it gets tedious. I can guarantee you that even if you did this shit on a Gators board where Tebow is looked at as a football icon, folks would probably get tired of it, too.

If every time you posted an opinion about Tebow, I immediately jumped in with, "Nuh uh, Tebow sucks and the Gators suck" you'd probably think I was just trolling you.

There's more to the Broncos than Tebow vs Orton. There's more to the Broncos than Tebow, and there are sure as shit more Broncos fans here than there are Tebow fans. Just remember that.

rcsodak
03-12-2011, 08:49 PM
The owners are free to sell.Sure they are. But how many people do you think are ready/willing/able to buy?
Maybe players should buy/manage a team and show everybody how its done.
:rolleyes:

Bullgator
03-12-2011, 08:58 PM
Bull, I think you'd be a little more "accepted" and your opinion a little more "respected" and you wouldn't have to always feel like you have to defend yourself if you weren't always the one on the attack.

The fact that the majority of the time you post the same thing about you-know-who over and over, even when it means taking shots at Broncos players, coaches, and even other posters here, has kind of dug your own grave and you've done a good job labeling yourself a troll whether that's true or not.

You start every thread by baiting and you enter into threads that you didn't start with "guns-a-blazing" at anyone you disagree with. I love Tebow and I really hope he's our future at QB for the next 15 years, but that doesn't mean I need to discuss him, and argue about him, and worship him, and derail every thread with talk of him all the time...

I Love me some Champ Bailey, but I don't start 4 new threads about him every day. It gets old and it gets tedious. I can guarantee you that even if you did this shit on a Gators board where Tebow is looked at as a football icon, folks would probably get tired of it, too.

If every time you posted an opinion about Tebow, I immediately jumped in with, "Nuh uh, Tebow sucks and the Gators suck" you'd probably think I was just trolling you.

There's more to the Broncos than Tebow vs Orton. There's more to the Broncos than Tebow, and there are sure as shit more Broncos fans here than there are Tebow fans. Just remember that.

its like the chicken or the egg..

I admit im a homer but in all my threads i never once bashed KO or anyone. there was 2 times, once with carol once with top that i had some words and we both attaked each other wich i apologized for.

other than that i really dont attack anyone.. i maybe overly defensive at times but you would be too IMO by now.

I really dont takes shots Horse, not with my threads maybe some posts that are aimed at who is attacking me but i think i unfairly got jagbchs rep and everyone is piling up on it... show me a thread that i posted that i was taking shots at anyone and ill apologize right now. show me starting a fight or belittling anyone that didnt take a shot at me first, and ill bow down and lick boots

SR
03-12-2011, 09:04 PM

Or, show a little respect. There are no "untouchables" here, but you came in here guns drawn trying to make a mark on everyone. That isn't the way shit works. You should have come in here, got a feel for the board, and posted accordingly. I highly doubt anyone is expecting you to kiss anyone's ass, but that doesn't mean you can't treat people, and this message board, with a little respect.

SR
03-12-2011, 09:05 PM
show me a thread that i posted that i was taking shots at anyone and ill apologize right now. show me starting a fight or belittling anyone that didnt take a shot at me first, and ill bow down and lick boots

See: this thread.

And please, don't lick my boots. They're brand new. I wanna keep them clean. Let me get some hydraulic fluid and grime on 'em, then if you wanna lick them you can.

Nomad
03-12-2011, 09:09 PM

And please, don't lick my boots. They're brand new. I wanna keep them clean. Let me get some hydraulic fluid and grime on 'em, then if you wanna lick them you can.

At least you don't have to spit shine the things anymore...my wife likes that part!!:D

SR
03-12-2011, 09:14 PM
At least you don't have to spit shine the things anymore...my wife likes that part!!:D

I miss BDUs and black boots. In fact, I was just talking about that Friday. I didn't spit shine mine though. I used Leather Luster on my nice ones, then just kept my work boots black.

I remember back in the day when people would shine their boots with black polish, then put Mop-n-Glow over them to make them super shiny. I never did that. If you knew how to use Leather Luster right, that stuff lasted forever. But once you get JP-8 or hydro fluid on any boots, they'll never "shine".

Bullgator
03-12-2011, 09:18 PM

where in this thread did i attack anyone first?

disagreeing with Carol cannot be considered attacking her. she posted one side i posted the other. thats all in fact if you go and read despite disagreeing i said i would like to get along with her.. she declined.. ok np

know what, lets just squash it i really dont care... Ill just post my opinions and ignore the hating.

I hold no grudge against anyone and as far as im concerned all of this is under the bridge.

Ill post what i think is relevent free from any pressure and ignore the barbs.

SR
03-12-2011, 09:24 PM
where in this thread did i attack anyone first?

disagreeing with Carol cannot be considered attacking her. she posted one side i posted the other. thats all in fact if you go and read despite disagreeing i said i would like to get along with her.. she declined.. ok np

know what, lets just squash it i really dont care... Ill just post my opinions and ignore the hating.

I hold no grudge against anyone and as far as im concerned all of this is under the bridge.

Ill post what i think is relevent free from any pressure and ignore the barbs.

You didn't attack her...but you started a disagreement in this thread by interpreting the words in the article Carol posted as hers and accused her of only posting articles that coincide with her opinion. Dude...I have a shit load of posts on this board and have been here from the beginning and I don't even know if Carol is a Liberal or a Conservative. Carol posts articles. That's what she does.

All I'm saying is maybe if you slowed down a little bit and quit being so goddamn confrontational, you wouldn't catch so much flack. Go with the flow and quit trying to make waves.

topscribe
03-12-2011, 09:32 PM
Carol doesn't write the articles. Know where you are on the totem pole dude. Carol is the shiznit and you're in absolutely no position to try to tell her what she needs to do or think.

I regret that I have only one Salute to give to this post . . .

-----

topscribe
03-12-2011, 09:33 PM
Here's a thought you POS millionaires and billionaires...Instead of fighting who is going to get richer, donate that extra piece of the pie to our troops and rescue efforts involved with the Japan quake/tsunami. They need it more than any of you greedy cowards.

Fat chance . . .

:deadhorse:

Carol is probably the most easygoing poster on the board.

If one can't get along with Carol, then one has issues . . .

-----

SpringsBroncoFan
03-12-2011, 09:56 PM
Wow... this board is like the Wild West or something...

I'm not going to pass judgement on either side at this time...

My personal views are that it seems that:

A) I think most importantly it is necessary to have a good relationship between the commish & player pres... seems like the NFL & NBA are opposites... Goodell & Fisher are the class guys & Stern & what's his name... lol are the jerks...

B) Seems like the NFL guys are jealous of the NBA & MLB... I wish they wouldn't go there... People like Magic Johnson, I. Thomas, & LeBron the Jockstrap want to make me vomit... No player in any sport should get a piece of the action...

I couldn't play anymore after surgeries on my feet... The line coach wanted me to play DE but I wanted to play QB (not happening when my competition was a future NFL starter) but had I known what the future salaries were going to be I would have stuck with baseball and been a bullpen scrub at the MLB level...

I'd agree with the sentiments of donating the amounts they are off by to Japan relief or the retired NFL players...

All this crap makes me sick...

BroncoStud
03-13-2011, 03:10 PM
The players and owners are NOT partners. What financial risk did any of the players put up to buy and operate NFL teams? Without the owners the players would be idiot ex-athletes scraping by. The owners can always get new players, it's supply and demand.

Bullgator
03-13-2011, 03:56 PM
The players and owners are NOT partners. What financial risk did any of the players put up to buy and operate NFL teams? Without the owners the players would be idiot ex-athletes scraping by. The owners can always get new players, it's supply and demand.

they are LEGALY PARTNERS holy crap people you guys are talking out of your poopshoots

the second the NFL agreed to allow the players TO SHARE A PERCENTAGE OF THE REVENUE THEY BECAME PARTNERS.

im not saying the should be or they have a right to be it is what it is, the NFL let them in and now the in fact ARE partners.

you have to be the 79345877590 person to say that, not knowing what the hell it even means TO SHARE REVENUE

MNPatsFan
03-13-2011, 05:11 PM
they are LEGALY PARTNERS holy crap people you guys are talking out of your poopshoots

the second the NFL agreed to allow the players TO SHARE A PERCENTAGE OF THE REVENUE THEY BECAME PARTNERS.

im not saying the should be or they have a right to be it is what it is, the NFL let them in and now the in fact ARE partners.

you have to be the 79345877590 person to say that, not knowing what the hell it even means TO SHARE REVENUEYou keep claiming that the Owners and the Players are LEGALLY PARTNERS, but despite several requests to provide support or documentation for your claim you have refused or failed to do so. Just because they share revenue doesn't LEGALLY make them PARTNERS.

There are two generally accepted definitions for "revenue sharing" that are most closely applicable to the relationship between the Owners and the Players. The first one is "Commonly, revenue sharing is used to describe when operating profits and losses are split between a general partner and limited partners under a limited partnership form of business ownership." This definition doesn't apply because it is undisputed that there is NO limited partnership agreement between the NFL owners and the NFL players. Moreover, it is also undisputed that the NFL players do not share or split the losses with the NFL owners.

The second definition is, "Revenue sharing also refers to when operating profits are shared among a company's employees". This is the situation that most closely approximates the relationship that exists between the NFL owners and the NFL players. The NFL players don't necessarily share profits because they are guaranteed their portion of the NFL's revenue (it is taken off the top and then the NFL owners have to pay ALL the operating costs from their portion of the revenue), which during the severe economic climate the past three years or so has resulted in the owners' profits plummeting significantly. Nonetheless, no one in their right mind can reasonably or logically claim that I am LEGALLY a PARTNER with my employer merely because I am in a profit sharing plan with my employer.

If either of the above definitions accurately described the relationship between the NFL owners and players, then the NFL players would have received less money each year during the the last three years or so as they shared in the increased costs and/or reduced profits. Because the NFL players didn't see a decrease in the amount of their portion of the revenue/money, they aren't partners with the NFL owners.

Agent of Orange
03-13-2011, 06:39 PM
You keep claiming that the Owners and the Players are LEGALLY PARTNERS, but despite several requests to provide support or documentation for your claim you have refused or failed to do so. Just because they share revenue doesn't LEGALLY make them PARTNERS.

There are two generally accepted definitions for "revenue sharing" that are most closely applicable to the relationship between the Owners and the Players. The first one is "Commonly, revenue sharing is used to describe when operating profits and losses are split between a general partner and limited partners under a limited partnership form of business ownership." This definition doesn't apply because it is undisputed that there is NO limited partnership agreement between the NFL owners and the NFL players. Moreover, it is also undisputed that the NFL players do not share or split the losses with the NFL owners.

The second definition is, "Revenue sharing also refers to when operating profits are shared among a company's employees". This is the situation that most closely approximates the relationship that exists between the NFL owners and the NFL players. The NFL players don't necessarily share profits because they are guaranteed their portion of the NFL's revenue (it is taken off the top and then the NFL owners have to pay ALL the operating costs from their portion of the revenue), which during the severe economic climate the past three years or so has resulted in the owners' profits plummeting significantly. Nonetheless, no one in their right mind can reasonably or logically claim that I am LEGALLY a PARTNER with my employer merely because I am in a profit sharing plan with my employer.

If either of the above definitions accurately described the relationship between the NFL owners and players, then the NFL players would have received less money each year during the the last three years or so as they shared in the increased costs and/or reduced profits. Because the NFL players didn't see a decrease in the amount of their portion of the revenue/money, they aren't partners with the NFL owners.

Would you say that the owners are partners?

BroncoStud
03-13-2011, 06:42 PM

you have to be the 79345877590 person to say that, not knowing what the hell it even means TO SHARE REVENUE

As so eloquently stated above "Revenue Sharing" is not the same as a "Partnership"... If the NFL and the NFLPA were associated as a "Partnership" then the players would take a pre-established level of financial risk every day right alongside the owners - they do not.

Many companies have revenue-sharing, that does not make their employees partners and the company can cease the revenue-sharing at any time as long as there is no valid contract in place.

Agent of Orange
03-13-2011, 06:46 PM
As so eloquently stated above "Revenue Sharing" is not the same as a "Partnership"... If the NFL and the NFLPA were associated as a "Partnership" then the players would take a pre-established level of financial risk every day right alongside the owners - they do not.

Many companies have revenue-sharing, that does not make their employees partners and the company can cease the revenue-sharing at any time as long as there is no valid contract in place.

Similarly, there are ways you could argue that the owners aren't partners. And one of the biggest arguments you could make for the owners being partners could also apply to being partners with the players on the basis that there is an agreement for sharing revenue.

Bullgator
03-13-2011, 07:04 PM
You keep claiming that the Owners and the Players are LEGALLY PARTNERS, but despite several requests to provide support or documentation for your claim you have refused or failed to do so. Just because they share revenue doesn't LEGALLY make them PARTNERS.

the only thing i can tell you its common sense a SHARED REVENUE is a partnership share=partner

that money belongs inarguably to both sides or else why the hell would they have to negotiate, they would just take their money and do what they want with it.

Demaurice smith called them partners several times here.. and if there were not then there would be NO WAY the NFL would allow them to say they are

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d81eb9450/Players-Football-is-in-good-hands

LawDog
03-13-2011, 08:13 PM

I'm an attorney. I am part of a team that negotiates a bargaining agreement on behalf of the attorney employees with their employer.

You have no idea what you are talking about and should stop, now...

Bullgator
03-13-2011, 08:19 PM
I'm an attorney. I am part of a team that negotiates a bargaining agreement on behalf of the attorney employees with their employer.

You have no idea what you are talking about and should stop, now...

yea sure and im al davis's limo driver...

and might i say you are doing a bang up job so far! :laugh::laugh:

rcsodak
03-13-2011, 09:09 PM
She likes to spit shine your boots?

Wha??????

rcsodak
03-13-2011, 09:17 PM

Notice his 'name'?

Keep steppin' in it.

:laugh:

Northman
03-14-2011, 03:47 AM
Im saying yes, the owners stirred a hornets nest when everything was fine.... 50/50 60/40 w/e man they were still making cash hand over fist.

you stick up for the owners but it was THEM that planned a lockout against the fans and prepaired for it by shady deals to get 4 bill lockout stash.

they players are greedy shits too but in this case the OWNERS planned all this and now its blowing up in thier faces.

i think they both suck but the owners are more to blame here for planning this

Your incredibly naive.

Northman
03-14-2011, 03:49 AM
Yeah there is. Otherwise, theyd use scabs long term. How many Pat Bowlen jerseys are sold? Stop being naive.

:lol:

Your insane. No one is forcing them to sign those contracts.

Timmy!
03-14-2011, 04:45 AM

Seriously man, you gotta own a backhoe, because you are the master of digging holes.

claymore
03-14-2011, 05:06 AM

The amount of players that could make more than League minimum not playing football is probably 1% of 1% of the NFL.

If I was the NFL id tell the players to kiss my ass. Show up to work in 30 days for league minimum, or be banned for life.

rcsodak
03-14-2011, 07:23 AM
The amount of players that could make more than League minimum not playing football is probably 1% of 1% of the NFL.

If I was the NFL id tell the players to kiss my ass. Show up to work in 30 days for league minimum, or be banned for life.

^^^this^^^