PDA

View Full Version : Bill Williamson on the denver QB position

Bullgator
03-11-2011, 09:24 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/25178/pros-and-cons-of-starting-tebow-in-2011

I deleted this thread due to highjacking. Put it back up minus the pottymouf comments. You no like You no bai!

nevcraw
03-11-2011, 11:25 PM
unless you get a strong offer for KO from a qb hungry team (who doesn't look at the 3rd conversions or 4th quarter) you let em duke it out for the start of the season..

Bullgator
03-12-2011, 12:02 AM
unless you get a strong offer for KO from a qb hungry team (who doesn't look at the 3rd conversions or 4th quarter) you let em duke it out for the start of the season..

problem with that is you might pay 9 mil for your back up. also KO as a backup wont be worth what he is now... even if hes the starter many beleive that he has capped in value... it would be smarter to deal him now rather than later.

Dzone
03-12-2011, 12:14 AM
If someone doesnt like a Tebow thread, go read another thread. Theres plenty of good reading on this board

Dzone
03-12-2011, 12:16 AM
Tebow wont have any trouble beating out Orton

Bullgator
03-12-2011, 12:25 AM
well TT is always on the grind.. if anyone can get ready and beat out KO he can... if Fox thinks so remains to be seen

nevcraw
03-12-2011, 12:27 AM
problem with that is you might pay 9 mil for your back up. also KO as a backup wont be worth what he is now... even if hes the starter many beleive that he has capped in value... it would be smarter to deal him now rather than later.

I's personally rather see them fight for the job. think it will make the team stronger and the starter at qb, better. I think some think Orton could hurt the team by staying IMO he is one of the best back-ups in the eague and the team has plenty of leadership to handle things if he get's whinny.. and if we have to carry that price for a year for insurance so be it.. don't dump him, just to dump him..

SR
03-12-2011, 11:36 AM
Tim Tebow is a Bronco? Well in that case, I hope he starts.

Dzone
03-12-2011, 11:49 AM
Orton is a cancer to the team. He must go.

Bullgator
03-12-2011, 01:50 PM
I think Orton tried to do a little poisoning with his bitchy remarks and selective vegas trips whatnot.. but i think he realizes that starting or not this is TT team and fan base.. i think he will just shut up and play his best... there is no winning a war against TT in the locker room. I think hes done bieng a cancer.

silkamilkamonico
03-12-2011, 02:08 PM
I think Orton tried to do a little poisoning with his bitchy remarks and selective vegas trips whatnot..

Selective Vegas trips? These are adults, not 5th graders.

turftoad
03-12-2011, 02:10 PM
I think Orton tried to do a little poisoning with his bitchy remarks and selective vegas trips whatnot.. but i think he realizes that starting or not this is TT team and fan base.. i think he will just shut up and play his best... there is no winning a war against TT in the locker room. I think hes done bieng a cancer.

The Broncos are hardly Tebows team YET. I hope he does well and can beat out Orton. If so, he deserves to start. But..... to say this is Tebows team and fan base is an exageration at this point.

Time will tell though.

silkamilkamonico
03-12-2011, 02:14 PM
If Tebow can't beat out Orton, this team is a lot worse off than most thought at the QB position.

WHat worries me most is Tebow isn't even going to get a fair shake at it, much like late in the year this year I believe.

Bullgator
03-12-2011, 02:58 PM
Selective Vegas trips? These are adults, not 5th graders.

Orton being on the bench at the time treated the STARTING OL and select players to a vegas vacationin an obvious attempt to butter em up. He even took BQ for crying out loud lol

After TT ran the six yard TD against houston for the win did you see the team meet him on the sideline fired up and catshit crazy? i never saw that happen for KO ever.

if you missed it its on here.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5t8QnCNPwfs

Oh its Tebow's team even on the bench... reminds me of his freshman year at FL... it may have been Chris Leak starting but there was no doubt it was TTs team

TT not getting a fair shake shouldnt worry you.. they have to. at worst he wont play this year and we would have to wait another year but eventually he will will his way into the lineup

hotcarl
03-12-2011, 03:56 PM
is tim tebow going to be the starter opening day? my sources say YES

how about this dequan bbowers blowing up at the DE spot?? looks like a solid edition with the NUMERO DOS spot on this freaking draft board lets get him in and make some WAVES

silkamilkamonico
03-12-2011, 04:04 PM
Orton being on the bench at the time treated the STARTING OL and select players to a vegas vacationin an obvious attempt to butter em up. He even took BQ for crying out loud lol

Do you even follow football? Almost every starting QB in the NFL does that at the end of the year. It's a token of appreciation for protection. As far as QUinn being invited, it's been reported by numerous sources that those 2 have become almost like best friends in their time at Denver. Big deal.

What did Tim Tebow do for his oline after they protected him the last 3 games?

I'm certainly not going to argue this other stuff. I hate Kyle Orton the football player as much as any other general Denver fan, but I'm not dumb enough to cry about Tebow not getting an invite to the end of year field trip.

People being butthurt because Orton didn't invite Tebow to Vegas is so elementary schoolish. Orton didn't invite Knowshon Moreno on the trip either. How come people aren't crying about that?

Bullgator
03-12-2011, 04:34 PM
Do you even follow football? Almost every starting QB in the NFL does that at the end of the year. It's a token of appreciation for protection. As far as QUinn being invited, it's been reported by numerous sources that those 2 have become almost like best friends in their time at Denver. Big deal.

What did Tim Tebow do for his oline after they protected him the last 3 games?

I'm certainly not going to argue this other stuff. I hate Kyle Orton the football player as much as any other general Denver fan, but I'm not dumb enough to cry about Tebow not getting an invite to the end of year field trip.

People being butthurt because Orton didn't invite Tebow to Vegas is so elementary schoolish. Orton didn't invite Knowshon Moreno on the trip either. How come people aren't crying about that?

no ones crying about it.. it was just a thinly failed attempt to butter up his team... and im pretty sure KO wasnt the starting QB when he did that soooo yea.

silkamilkamonico
03-12-2011, 04:48 PM
no ones crying about it.. it was just a thinly failed attempt to butter up his team... and im pretty sure KO wasnt the starting QB when he did that soooo yea.

Sure makes Tebow look bad by not doing something like that when he was the starting Qb then.

Bullgator
03-12-2011, 04:59 PM
Sure makes Tebow look bad by not doing something like that when he was the starting Qb then.

sure if its the thing to do he should have done it... but from the looks of if they like him just fine

rcsodak
03-12-2011, 05:16 PM
Orton is a cancer to the team. He must go.
What BS!
Do you even know what that word means?

TT is more a cancer to these boards! (Or at least his minions).
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

rcsodak
03-12-2011, 05:18 PM

how about this dequan bbowers blowing up at the DE spot?? looks like a solid edition with the NUMERO DOS spot on this freaking draft board lets get him in and make some WAVES
Damaged goods. No thx.

Bullgator
03-12-2011, 05:19 PM
What BS!
Do you even know what that word means?

TT is more a cancer to these boards! (Or at least his minions).

I think I know who hes talking about....Chondrobullgatoro OsteoBroncoma

rcsodak
03-12-2011, 05:21 PM
sure if its the thing to do he should have done it... but from the looks of if they like him just finecuz you say so? :rolleyes:

Did you happen to see graham reaming him in gm3 of his starts? I heard there was even a writeup in the DP about that one and others.

Bullgator
03-12-2011, 05:27 PM
cuz you say so? :rolleyes:

Did you happen to see graham reaming him in gm3 of his starts? I heard there was even a writeup in the DP about that one and others.

idk if that is acurate but considering graham is no longer part of the team your point is moot as we are talking about the TEAM not former team members

Shananahan
03-12-2011, 09:46 PM
I's personally rather see them fight for the job. think it will make the team stronger and the starter at qb, better. I think some think Orton could hurt the team by staying IMO he is one of the best back-ups in the eague and the team has plenty of leadership to handle things if he get's whinny.. and if we have to carry that price for a year for insurance so be it.. don't dump him, just to dump him..
I generally agree with this, but it really doesn't seem to make the most sense when you factor in everything else, like Orton's salary and the highly likely scenario of him not being franchised and walking away into free agency after next season if he's not traded. I like Orton just fine and if there were other pieces on this team in place I wouldn't have a problem with letting the best man win, but I'm pretty damn sure he isn't the future starting QB and therefor see no reason to not get something for him while we can.

Shananahan
03-12-2011, 09:52 PM
I just looked at the link from the OP after posting that last comment and wow, they could not have found a better photo for that article. Somebody must have either spent some time looking for that or had already saved it for future use.

Bullgator
03-12-2011, 10:14 PM

is it a forgone conclusion that Marcell Darius is no 1? cuz if hes not no way Fox lets him go..

IMO (and not that i agree with this) if MD is gone then peterson will get picked at 2

JaxBroncoGirl
03-12-2011, 11:16 PM

We as in Denver need to move forward with our QB situation, Not Backwards.

I wish we could put this behind us and create a great offense & defense. Just wipe out the last 2 years.

Orton's days are numbered. Wish him luck where ever he lands, just look at his past on how many teams he has been on and now look at the team he will not be on. It is kinda obvious to me that Orton is a short-timer not a long-timer.

Great backup QB, that is why he will always be considered Short Timer.

Shananahan
03-13-2011, 01:01 AM
I wish we could put this behind us and create a great offense & defense. Just wipe out the last 2 years.
Wouldn't that make you a fan of a different team?

Ravage!!!
03-13-2011, 01:30 AM

Butter up his team? Man, you just really do NOT watch the NFL, do you? You continue to prove this. THis is pretty common. Besides the OL don't make the decisions on who the starting QB is. So whats he "buttering up" and what would he be gaining? :lol:

You are just so over-board with your man-crush

SR
03-13-2011, 10:55 AM

Denver won't take Bowers.

rcsodak
03-13-2011, 01:13 PM
idk if that is acurate but considering graham is no longer part of the team your point is moot as we are talking about the TEAM not former team members
Lmao. I knew you'd answer that way.

Why is it moot? Any player that goes off on TT gonna be sent packing? Lol

And it was supposedly happening on the sideline by other players as well.

Bullgator
03-13-2011, 01:16 PM

I would guess anyone who calls for the ball and then lets the ball bounce off his face on to the ground everytime would be sent packing.

rcsodak
03-13-2011, 01:18 PM

Orton's days are numbered. Wish him luck where ever he lands, just look at his past on how many teams he has been on and now look at the team he will not be on. It is kinda obvious to me that Orton is a short-timer not a long-timer.

"teams"? Chi/Den.
So Brees is a 'short timer'? Cutler?
:rolleyes:

rcsodak
03-13-2011, 01:21 PM
Denver won't take Bowers.

Bowers=bad leg
Quinn=tumor

DE's are taking some hits

Bullgator
03-13-2011, 01:21 PM
"teams"? Chi/Den.

:laugh::laugh: you mentioned brees in the same sentence as orton

KCL
03-13-2011, 02:26 PM
:laugh::laugh: you mentioned brees in the same sentence as orton

No he didn't...he wrote Cutler.

Bullgator
03-13-2011, 02:32 PM
No he didn't...he wrote Cutler.

KC you get an A for effort but you should read what he wrote he said brees and cutler..

your ferver for RC rivals mine for TT go'ne gurl!

topscribe
03-13-2011, 02:34 PM
"teams"? Chi/Den.

Brees was thought of much the same way before they shipped him off, and he
became involved in the controversy as to who is the best QB in the league. He
was a "short-timer" in SD. Damned lucky for SD they had Rivers.

I hope Denver will be as lucky after Orton is starring (not a typo) for someone
else. I'm not yet convinced Denver will be . . .

-----

KCL
03-13-2011, 02:36 PM
KC you get an A for effort but you should read what he wrote he said brees and cutler..

Make sense much? You sure don't in your last 2 post.
You get an F btw.

BroncoStud
03-13-2011, 03:27 PM

-----

Drew Brees was already a VERY good QB when he signed with the Saints, he wasn't "shipped off"...

Comparing Brees to Orton is like comparing a $100 to a dime. Come on, Brees vs Orton...? Really?

broncobryce
03-13-2011, 03:46 PM

I never heard this. Do you have a link? I try to read every article out there about the broncos, and I never heard of this.

Bullgator
03-13-2011, 03:50 PM
You get an F btw.

Originally Posted by jaxgatorgirl3

"teams"? Chi/Den.

Shananahan
03-13-2011, 04:15 PM
Why are there more transplanted Tebow fans on this board than on all the other Bronco forums I visit combined?

KCL
03-13-2011, 04:42 PM

"teams"? Chi/Den.

And...what are you trying to show with this?

Bullgator
03-13-2011, 04:46 PM

that RC implied orton and brees and cutler are a like...

i think you confused my earlier statment about RC using orton and brees in the same sentence... it was figurative not literal lol.. cleary in RCs own sentence he doesnt have orton in there but he is implying that KO and brees and cutler are compairable.

rcsodak
03-13-2011, 05:05 PM

kc corrected you correctly. Take it like a man.

rcsodak
03-13-2011, 05:06 PM
You get an F btw.
And you work with lil kiddies on a daily basis, yes?

rcsodak
03-13-2011, 05:09 PM
I never heard this. Do you have a link? I try to read every article out there about the broncos, and I never heard of this.

I read aboutthis on a comment board of ESPN. The guy said DP had a writeup on it. Not sure if it was the main point of the article or just a byline.....good luck hunting.

KCL
03-13-2011, 05:10 PM
And you work with lil kiddies on a daily basis, yes?

Yes I do..even some like BG...;)

rcsodak
03-13-2011, 05:11 PM

"teams"? Chi/Den.
Now that we know you can copy/paste, show us where I mentioned brees/orton in the same sentence, AS KC RIGHTLY POINTED OUT!
:wall:

KCL
03-13-2011, 05:21 PM

i think you confused my earlier statment about RC using orton and brees in the same sentence... it was figurative not literal lol.. cleary in RCs own sentence he doesnt have orton in there but he is implying that KO and brees and cutler are compairable.

It's pretty clear IMO he was referring to how many teams each QB has played for.

topscribe
03-13-2011, 05:29 PM
Now that we know you can copy/paste, show us where I mentioned brees/orton in the same sentence, AS KC RIGHTLY POINTED OUT!
:wall:

I did . . . :nod:

-----

rcsodak
03-13-2011, 05:31 PM

Sorry I went over your head (figuratively/not literally).
Jax suggested ortons been on more than just chi/den by her past teams comment. Currently, he has been on no more teams than brees/cutler. Pretty simple to understand.
Evidently jax thought KO has been around the league, and I was pointing her error out with brevity. If she had asked what I meant, I would have been more than happy to explain it to her.

KCL, can you maybe intercede if he needs further explaining? You have teacher skills/patience. TIA

rcsodak
03-13-2011, 05:43 PM
I did . . . :nod:

-----
Shhhhhhh.......

SR
03-13-2011, 06:12 PM

More ineptness than initially thought.

Ravage!!!
03-15-2011, 12:25 PM

-----

This isn't accurate at all.

Brees was highly thought of as a player before he was release from SD. He made the pro-bowl, AND San Diego used the franchise tag to keep him a year after they already had Rivers. So its not like they were "lucky" they already had Rivers on the team.

They picked Brees in the 2nd round after trading away the #1 overall pick that would have been used (and was used) on Mike Vick. They in turn turned that trade into Tomlinson (1st) and Brees in the 2nd.

Brees had a rough first three seasons, and the Chargers used their first overall pick (again) on Eli Manning. But Brees went to the pro-bowl, and the Chargers then used the franchise tag on Brees to keep him another year so they could make a decision. He (Brees) hurt his shoulder in the season ending game, thus forcing the Chargers to make a decision. Keep the pro-bowl, shoulder-injured, Brees, or let him walk and go with their 1st round pick QB.

They let Brees walk as a UFA BECAUSE they had their 1st round pick on the roster. THey weren't "lucky" they already had Rivers, nor was Brees thought poorly of before letting him go UFA.

SR
03-15-2011, 12:32 PM
I remember the game he hurt his shoulder (Brees)...it was one of the last games of the season against Denver.

arapaho2
03-15-2011, 12:35 PM
This isn't accurate at all.

Brees was highly thought of as a player before he was release from SD. He made the pro-bowl, AND San Diego used the franchise tag to keep him a year after they already had Rivers. So its not like they were "lucky" they already had Rivers on the team.

They picked Brees in the 2nd round after trading away the #1 overall pick that would have been used (and was used) on Mike Vick. They in turn turned that trade into Tomlinson (1st) and Brees in the 2nd.

Brees had a rough first three seasons, and the Chargers used their first overall pick (again) on Eli Manning. But Brees went to the pro-bowl, and the Chargers then used the franchise tag on Brees to keep him another year so they could make a decision. He (Brees) hurt his shoulder in the season ending game, thus forcing the Chargers to make a decision. Keep the pro-bowl, shoulder-injured, Brees, or let him walk and go with their 1st round pick QB.

They let Brees walk as a UFA BECAUSE they had their 1st round pick on the roster. THey weren't "lucky" they already had Rivers, nor was Brees thought poorly of before letting him go UFA.

they also offered brees a sizable contract ( 5-year, $50 million) given the injury factor which brees declined

the orton analogy is no where close to the brees situation

rcsodak
03-15-2011, 12:38 PM
I remember the game he hurt his shoulder (Brees)...it was one of the last games of the season against Denver.
And it was boooootifu. Almost got a safety out of it, iirc???

SR
03-15-2011, 12:45 PM
And it was boooootifu. Almost got a safety out of it, iirc???

Yepper.

rcsodak
03-15-2011, 01:12 PM
Yepper.
Remember who nailed him?

SR
03-15-2011, 03:37 PM
A lineman. Dunno which one.

rcsodak
03-15-2011, 03:39 PM
A lineman. Dunno which one.:tsk:

SR
03-15-2011, 03:40 PM
I dunno dude. I remember important stuff.

KCL
03-15-2011, 03:59 PM
I dunno dude. I remember important stuff.

Maybe rc doesn't remember either...:D

Bullgator
03-16-2011, 02:21 AM
Is there a way to see full games from last year? some obscure sight or something?

Shananahan
03-16-2011, 02:58 AM
You can probably watch the last three just by closing your eyes. Other than that I'd try http://tenyardtorrents.com.

claymore
03-16-2011, 03:32 AM
Lol

rcsodak
03-16-2011, 09:54 AM
Maybe rc doesn't remember either...:Dhe doesn't....but can see the play...and the player kinda standing over Brees like the dude in The Longest Yard....."I think I broke his freak'n neck".....just can't see the name.

SR
03-16-2011, 09:54 AM
What number is he?

SR
03-16-2011, 09:56 AM
According to wikipedia he tore his Labrum and was tackled by John Lynch, but the injury occured after Gerrard Warren landed on him.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drew_Brees

rcsodak
03-16-2011, 11:24 AM
What number is he?I can't see it!! But he's black.

rcsodak
03-16-2011, 11:26 AM
According to wikipedia he tore his Labrum and was tackled by John Lynch, but the injury occured after Gerrard Warren landed on him.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drew_Brees

Huh...really?
Well...I was half right. :coffee: