PDA

View Full Version : It has been a Wacky 2008 NFL Season So Far!

Medford Bronco
10-03-2008, 02:35 PM
It has been a very wacky 2008 NFL season so Far!!

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20080907/i/r126691724.jpg
http://www.wearethepostmen.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/marc_bulger.jpg

Who would have thought that the NFL season 4 weeks in would have some of the best teams from 2008 struggling mightily. The Pats (at no fault of their own) are far from theteam offensively than they were last season. At this point in 07, they averaged 38 PPG and
so far in 2008 they are only averaging 16 PPG. Yes they miss league MVP in Tom Brady, but the personnel is still very good there and they should be able to score more PPG than the have done so far. Also the Indy Colts have struggled as well, losing their first two gamesat their new stadium and are only 1-2. Their offense has also struggled as well only averaging
just over 17 PPG with Peyton Manning already throwing 4 ints through 3 games. Another team that a lot picked to do very well in 2008, the Jacksonville Jaguars have also had some hard timesout of the gate and only have 2 narrow wins to their credit this year. Last season David Garrard
the whole year only threw 3 picks and this year through 4 games he already has 4. In my humble opinion these teams will all rebound and most likely make the playoffs, but how far they go is anyone’s guess.

Now for a couple of teams that have done better than I expected, the Buffalo Bills and Tennessee Titians, both being 4-0, have exceeded a lot of people’s expectations so far. The Bills have a well balanced team that can both run the ball with Marshawn Lynch, play good defense, have improved QB play with Trent Edwards and always have had very good special teams. The Bills will challenge NE this year for the top spot in the AFC East and could very well be a Super Bowl Contender as well. The Titans, led by the best
defense in the NFL so far, have only given up 11.5 PPG through 4 games. The started the year off correctly upsetting the Jags at home and have not looked back ever since. With Kerry Collins, in for the injured and inconsistent Vince Young, the turnovers have been held to a minimum and he has gotten the job done, pleasing coach Jeff Fisher very much. The also
boast a two headed running attack with Chris Johnson and LeDale White. This team is for real my friends and will be a serious threat to the Colts and Jags in the AFC South.

Now in the NFC a team that has surprised me a bit is the Carolina Panthers. They don’t have great stats but with a good defense and Jake Dellome back healthy, they have started 3-1 to tie another surprising team in the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. These two should duke it out all year long for top spot in the NFC South.

Now for the ugly side of the NFL. The St Louis Rams have been outscored 147-43 and seem generally disinterested in playing in games. This led to Scot Linehan getting axed on Monday and replaced by interim coach Jim Haslett. Haslett can’t do much worse than Linehan did. Also the Cincinnati Bengals have underachieved as they did last season as well. They are 0-4
and look lost each week. It is a shame because they have some talent in Carson Palmer, Chad Ocho Cinco Johnson and TJ Houshmedzadah. I feel that Marvin Lewis will be the next to be fired in the NFL if his team does not show any more heart than it has through 4 games in 08.

There you have it. Some random thoughts from Medford Bronco. I hope you enjoy reading
it as much as I did writing it. :salute:

underrated29
10-03-2008, 04:16 PM
great read med, thanks!

I would like to see marvin come over here if fired as a d coach. not from the bengals d, but because he could help us turn the d around.