PDA

View Full Version : The Broncos are better off without Tebow

SR
03-10-2011, 12:36 PM
Discuss.:coffee:

dogfish
03-10-2011, 12:37 PM
absolutely not!

i may agree with you that this board is better off without his devoted nuthangers, but that shit's not tim's fault. . . .

SR
03-10-2011, 12:38 PM
Don't derail my thread dog.

jhns
03-10-2011, 12:39 PM
Haters gonna hate.

SR
03-10-2011, 12:40 PM
I'm full of hatred. Especially of Tim Tebow. So much so that I'm on the verge of rooting for the Raiders next time there's a season.

PAINTERDAVE
03-10-2011, 12:41 PM
So you think the broncos need to draft yet ANOTHER QB?

If your contention is that Orton will carry us to the promised land...
then this is simply a contentious thread designed to provoke
the exact same arguments that have been going on for a year now.

So... are you saying we need to draft Cam Newton...
or are you simply being bucky?

PAINTERDAVE
03-10-2011, 12:42 PM
I'm full of hatred. Especially of Tim Tebow. So much so that I'm on the verge of rooting for the Raiders next time there's a season.

Ahhh..
I see... a hater.

Good for you.

The first step is admitting it.

SR
Cam Newton? Absolutely not. His ears bother me too much for me to want the Broncos to draft him.

SR
Ahhh..
I see... a hater.

Good for you.

The first step is admitting it.

That's what the 12-step programs have taught me. The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem.

MileHighCrew
03-10-2011, 01:35 PM
Depends do I get to hand pick his replacement?

BroncoStud
03-10-2011, 01:37 PM
Luck!

silkamilkamonico
03-10-2011, 01:40 PM

Andrew Luck.

Best case scenario for Denver......

...Carolina is sold on Clausen or trades back in the draft this year and gets a QB.
...there is a lockout.
...Denver then can draft Andrew Luck.

We might actually win more games than we lose.

rcsodak
03-10-2011, 01:49 PM
Depends do I get to hand pick his replacement?
No....let the nuthangers do that.
:lol:
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

rcsodak
03-10-2011, 01:50 PM
Chuck Norris for QB!

Agent of Orange
03-10-2011, 02:25 PM

Troll

SR
03-10-2011, 02:26 PM
Troll

Who the **** are you again?

Agent of Orange
03-10-2011, 02:28 PM
Who the **** are you again?

> You

Have fun looking at my shoes.

SR
03-10-2011, 02:29 PM
Yeah, okay.

chazoe60
03-10-2011, 02:31 PM
This is as dumb a thread as there is so I'll ask a dumb question. What if Carolina takes a QB first and after the draft is all said and done Andrew Luck decides to enter the Supplemental Draft? Is that possible? He draft order for the supplemental draft stays the same right?

Now I know this won't happen but I found the idea interesting.

SR
03-10-2011, 02:33 PM
This is as dumb a thread as there is so I'll ask a dumb question. What if Carolina takes a QB first and after the draft is all said and done Andrew Luck decides to enter the Supplemental Draft? Is that possible? He draft order for the supplemental draft stays the same right?

Now I know this won't happen but I found the idea interesting.

This thread was a joke to begin with. I'm a big Tebow fan, but I got tired of reading the same ol shit over and over.

I don't see Luck doing that, if it's even possible. But, since we're talking hypotheticals, how crazy would that be if Luck quit football?

chazoe60
03-10-2011, 02:40 PM
This thread was a joke to begin with. I'm a big Tebow fan, but I got tired of reading the same ol shit over and over.

I don't see Luck doing that, if it's even possible. But, since we're talking hypotheticals, how crazy would that be if Luck quit football?

I know it was a joke. I was kinda trying to go along with it. I call all the joke threads dumb.

And yeah I don't know how or what circumstances allow a player to enter the supplemental draft. It was just a weird idea I came up with. Besides, I think Carolina would still take him and trade whatever QB they drafted first.

KCL
03-10-2011, 02:40 PM

Damn that's a lot of hate...:shocked:

SR
03-10-2011, 02:42 PM
I know it was a joke. I was kinda trying to go along with it. I call all the joke threads dumb.

And yeah I don't know how or what circumstances allow a player to enter the supplemental draft. It was just a weird idea I came up with. Besides, I think Carolina would still take him and trade whatever QB they drafted first.

It irritates me that Carolina would even think to draft another QB, considering last year when they took Clausen he was considered to be "the most NFL ready". It's discouraging to see teams give up on players so quickly. I understand the dersire to "win now", but there comes a time when ownership and coaches have to realize that players aren't developed in to NFL all-stars right out of college 95% of the time. Very disheartening.

Montana Battlin Bear
03-10-2011, 03:24 PM

douche.

SR
03-10-2011, 03:28 PM
douche.

Awww. Did your little feelers get hurt?

bcbronc
03-10-2011, 03:34 PM
I dunno, always a good idea to have Tebow's Dad on our side. ;)

Montana Battlin Bear
03-10-2011, 03:34 PM
yeah :(

SR
03-10-2011, 03:35 PM
I dunno, always a good idea to have Tebow's Dad on our side. ;)

God?

SR
03-10-2011, 03:35 PM
yeah :(

Well maybe next time you'll read the entire thread before you resort to name calling.

topscribe
03-10-2011, 03:36 PM

Now you are stretching our friendship, guy . . .

-----

SR
03-10-2011, 03:37 PM
Now you are stretching our friendship, guy . . .

-----

I was being sarcastic. I'd never do that. My family would bludgeon me if I did that.

topscribe
03-10-2011, 03:38 PM
I was being sarcastic. I'd never do that. My family would bludgeon me if I did that.

Whew . . . :faint:

-----

topscribe
03-10-2011, 03:40 PM

And then we'd have two Tim Tebows . . . or two Cam Newtons.

However you would look at it . . .

-----

topscribe
03-10-2011, 03:42 PM

Well, the Broncos would have first dibs.

And I would grab Luck so fast he might suffer whiplash . . .

-----

rcsodak
03-10-2011, 04:04 PM

NEXT YEARS PIK?

I Eat Staples
03-10-2011, 04:27 PM
I'd hate having to use another draft pick on a QB, but we're just going to have to suck it up and do it. Tim Tebow is not an NFL QB. The fanboys will see.

And whoever mentioned Cam Newton, just stop...

Spiritguy
03-10-2011, 04:59 PM
Looks like it could be possible for Luck. :eek:

Supplemental Draft

Since 1977, the NFL has also held a Supplemental Draft to accommodate players who did not enter the regular draft. Players generally enter the Supplementary Draft because they missed the filing deadline for the NFL Draft or because issues developed which affected their eligibility (such as athletic or disciplinary matters). The draft is scheduled to occur at some point after the regular draft and before the start of the next season.

Draft order is determined by a weighted system that is divided into three groupings. First come the teams that had six or fewer wins last season, followed by non-playoff teams that had more than six wins, followed by the 12 playoff teams. In the supplemental draft, a team is not required to use any picks. Instead, if a team wants a player in the supplemental draft, they submit a "bid" to the Commissioner with the round they would pick that player. If no other team places a bid on that player at an earlier spot, the team is awarded the player and has to give up an equivalent pick in the following year's draft. (For example, FS Paul Oliver was taken by the San Diego Chargers in the fourth round of the Supplemental Draft in 2007; thus, in the 2008 NFL Draft, the Chargers forfeited a fourth-round pick.)

The 1985 Supplemental Draft was particularly controversial. Bernie Kosar of the University of Miami earned his academic degree a year early but did not enter the regular draft that year. Rather than finish his eligibility at Miami, he entered into talks with his favorite team, the Cleveland Browns. They advised Kosar to delay his professional eligibility until after the regular draft. They then traded for the right to choose first in the Supplemental Draft. This angered many teams, notably the Minnesota Vikings and New York Giants, who had expressed interest in choosing him in that season's regular draft. Following that season, the NFL instituted the current semi-random supplemental draft order.

Even with that rule change, top players continued to not declare for the NFL until after the regular draft for various reasons. In some cases, it was because they did not want to play for the team that would have drafted them in the regular draft. For example, Brian Bosworth did not declare because he did not want to play for the Indianapolis Colts or the Buffalo Bills, the teams who drafted second and third that year. The Colts had offered him a 4 year, $2.2 million deal before the draft.[4] The Seattle Seahawks won the right to draft first in the supplemental draft, and later signed him to a 10 year, $11 million contract.[5] At the time that was the largest rookie contract in NFL history.

link (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Football_League_Draft)

nevcraw
03-10-2011, 05:24 PM
Luck = Next year's Jake Locker

Magnificent Seven
03-10-2011, 06:38 PM

The Broncos are better off without SeeingRed. :D

vettesplus
03-10-2011, 06:51 PM
i truly believe that tt will not be the future QB for the broncos, i just have a gut feeling after reading between the lines of Elway and the coach, i very well might be wrong but it is my gut feeling and they are almost always correct. i see Orton running the show with tt as a back-up until the real NFL franchise QB comes up.....

SR
03-10-2011, 07:27 PM
The Broncos are better off without SeeingRed. :D

Ok, Madden '11.

sneakers
03-11-2011, 12:44 AM
Cleo Lemons

sneakers
03-11-2011, 12:45 AM
or Bill Musgrave

West
03-11-2011, 01:51 AM
Luck = Next year's Jake Locker

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Andrew Luck is the best QB prospect since Peyton Manning.

HORSEPOWER 56
03-11-2011, 07:02 AM
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Andrew Luck is the best QB prospect since Peyton Manning.

Sure he is... let's see how well he does without Harbaugh and an offense custom made to his strengths. Luck is more like Eli Manning than Peyton.

Has any #1 overall projected QB ever gone back to school and still been the #1 overall prospect the next year? Luck, just like Locker was last year when he was ranked higher by most scouts than Bradford was, is the flavor of the week. Cam Newton and Blaine Gabbert weren't even a glimmer in most scouts' eye last year at this time and they've blown right by him and Mallett.

Da'quan Bowers? Nick Fairley? Nobody knew they existed last year.

My point is, a SHITLOAD of stuff can happen in a year. We'll see, we'll see.

rcsodak
03-11-2011, 08:11 AM
Sure he is... let's see how well he does without Harbaugh and an offense custom made to his strengths. Luck is more like Eli Manning than Peyton.

Has any #1 overall projected QB ever gone back to school and still been the #1 overall prospect the next year? Luck, just like Locker was last year when he was ranked higher by most scouts than Bradford was, is the flavor of the week. Cam Newton and Blaine Gabbert weren't even a glimmer in most scouts' eye last year at this time and they've blown right by him and Mallett.

He could get a booboo.....

SR
03-11-2011, 09:01 AM
He could get a booboo.....

Didn't hurt Bradford's stock much.

rcsodak
03-11-2011, 10:20 AM
Didn't hurt Bradford's stock much.
Sam=Stud

T.K.O.
03-11-2011, 10:33 AM
is this the part where "hotcarl" steps in and admits he's also "seeing red":confused::laugh:

TXBRONC
03-11-2011, 11:41 AM
is this the part where "hotcarl" steps in and admits he's also "seeing red":confused::laugh:

Nah he's passing that baton onto you. :D

West
03-11-2011, 12:34 PM

I'm not sure if you know this but Stanford hired a guy within so they are gonna run the same offense.

I can't think of one off the top of my head but Luck is FAR AND AWAY ahead of Locker at this point. Locker's hype was based off potential. Sure Luck can get better, but that kid is the real deal.

I knew Bowers existed. He's had a lot of hype around him since his freshman year.

Not arguing with you that a lot can happen, but AS OF RIGHT NOW, Andrew Luck is the most NFL ready QB since Peyton.

SR
03-11-2011, 12:37 PM
How many other QBs have they said that about though, and they don't pan out...

"So and so is the best prospect since so and so"...and they end up busting.

vandammage13
03-11-2011, 12:42 PM

Correct...There is no such thing as a can't miss at QB. For every Peyton Manning, or John Elway taken at number one, you can find a Tim Couch, Alex Smith, or Jamarcus Russel.

Locker might have been added to that list had he not decided to stay. Luck is guaranteed nothing. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if he ends up falling a few spots next year.

HORSEPOWER 56
03-11-2011, 01:03 PM

Exactly. Not just QBs, though. I hesitate to label any college player "the best since...." even if the word "prospect" is used because usually, they aren't

Guys are saying Peterson is some kind of great "prospect", "the best since..." Other than the fact he's big and fast, I've seen nothing on the field that really proves this.

Deion Sanders was better in college. Champ Bailey was better in college. Now we're supposed to believe that Peterson will not only be the "next" one, but possibly even better...

Doubt it.

Same rules apply to Fairley and Dareus.

SR
03-11-2011, 01:05 PM
Pretty much. I've never put too much stock in labeling people as a prospect or "the next best since..." because until they actually prove that they can live up to the hype they are just another college player coming in to the NFL.

dogfish
03-11-2011, 01:06 PM
Exactly. Not just QBs, though. I hesitate to label any college player "the best since...." even if the word "prospect" is used because usually, they aren't

Guys are saying Peterson is some kind of great "prospect", "the best since..." Other than the fact he's big and fast, I've seen nothing on the field that really proves this.

Deion Sanders was better in college. Champ Bailey was better in college. Now we're supposed to believe that Peterson will not only be the "next" one, but possibly even better...

Doubt it.

there's a dude over on the orange mane that says peterson is one of the three or four best prospects in the history of the draft regardless of position. . .

:spit: :rofl:

this kid is more stupidly overhyped than reggie bush-- it's reached laughable proportions. . .

SR
03-11-2011, 01:07 PM
It's players like that who end up getting hurt by the hype because they'll NEVER be able to live up to it.

HORSEPOWER 56
03-11-2011, 01:21 PM
there's a dude over on the orange mane that says peterson is one of the three or four best prospects in the history of the draft regardless of position. . .

this kid is more stupidly overhyped than reggie bush-- it's reached laughable proportions. . .

Especially since he's played against the two top WRs in this years draft several times (Green and Jones) and they've had their way with him as often as he's had his way with them.

Three or four best prospects in the history of the draft? Wait, I thought that was Andrew Luck?

I have no doubt that Peterson will have a good career in the NFL, but to already be acting like "you've never seen a player like him before!" is just ridiculous and over the top.

Dareus is as good a DT prospect as Peterson is a CB prospect. both are top 5 picks and neither is perfect...

rcsodak
03-11-2011, 01:36 PM

Doubt it.

Hey, damnit! This is about Tebow!

rcsodak
03-11-2011, 01:37 PM

Oh great! Can you see the thread wars?

TT vs PP!

rcsodak
03-17-2011, 09:33 AM
Bumpity bump bump
:lol:

Ravage!!!
03-17-2011, 11:51 AM

come on. Eli was NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER considered to be the prospect that Luck is...EVER. Not even today.

Sorry Horse. I just think this "his offense was custom built for him" stuff is silly. That's junk and is completely opposite of what people that are actually "in the know" have said. Its opposite of what guys that have played professional football have said. So I'm just going to have to call out "BS" and let the drinking-game begin.

If it wasn't for guys like Trent Dilfer and Ron Jaworski , whom I absolutely respect in regards of grading QBs, that say Luck is the "BEST I'VE EVER SEEN" then I might have more of the skepticism you are expressing. But guys like Dilfer don't make such bold statements simply to make them. Trent is very professional in his approach and absolutely breaks down film while not holding back punches to tell you how it is. He doesn't give RAVE reviews about Locker. He's not making the bold statements of "he's the best I've seen" about Newton. He hasn't said that about ANYONE. People that do this for a living don't say "He's the best prospect SINCE JOHN ELWAY" purely because he's the "flavor of the week." The only people that call that kind of rating a "flavor of the week" are those that are trying to knock him down because he doesn't go to their favorite college.

Jaws isn't looking at stats. He's watching the game tapes. He's looking at the offense, the defense, watching/seeing where Luck makes his reads, calls his plays at the LoS, and makes his throws. Jaws knows that the offense that Harbaugh installed in Stanford isn't some simplistic "QB Friendly,stat machine" offense that we've seen from Florida.

You are going to have to accept that these guys don't buy into this "offense was custom built for him" stuff because its not true, and never was true. Its a pro-style offense that Luck mastered.

I get that there is always the "lets see" approach. But lets quit taking away from Luck purely because these professionals, and fans, see him as a better QB prospect than Tebow. The kid is the REAL DEAL.. just as Peyton and Elway were after they got their extremely high ratings (and NO OTHER QBs have had these kind of ratings SINCE Elway). These guys don't get these kinds of ratings because they ran an offense that was "custom built" for their strengths. Thats just silly. Thats what people say when they are looking for a reason to take away from the guy that grades out higher than Tebow.

SR
03-17-2011, 12:54 PM
Awesome post.

rcsodak
03-17-2011, 01:26 PM
Awesome post.
Getaroom

SR
03-17-2011, 01:44 PM
Getaroom

Getalife.

rcsodak
03-17-2011, 01:57 PM
Getalife.
Getagrip.

SR
03-17-2011, 01:58 PM
Sick burn...

Bullgator
03-17-2011, 02:50 PM
come on. Eli was NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER considered to be the prospect that Luck is...EVER. Not even today.

Sorry Horse. I just think this "his offense was custom built for him" stuff is silly. That's junk and is completely opposite of what people that are actually "in the know" have said. Its opposite of what guys that have played professional football have said. So I'm just going to have to call out "BS" and let the drinking-game begin.

If it wasn't for guys like Trent Dilfer and Ron Jaworski , whom I absolutely respect in regards of grading QBs, that say Luck is the "BEST I'VE EVER SEEN" then I might have more of the skepticism you are expressing. But guys like Dilfer don't make such bold statements simply to make them. Trent is very professional in his approach and absolutely breaks down film while not holding back punches to tell you how it is. He doesn't give RAVE reviews about Locker. He's not making the bold statements of "he's the best I've seen" about Newton. He hasn't said that about ANYONE. People that do this for a living don't say "He's the best prospect SINCE JOHN ELWAY" purely because he's the "flavor of the week." The only people that call that kind of rating a "flavor of the week" are those that are trying to knock him down because he doesn't go to their favorite college.

Jaws isn't looking at stats. He's watching the game tapes. He's looking at the offense, the defense, watching/seeing where Luck makes his reads, calls his plays at the LoS, and makes his throws. Jaws knows that the offense that Harbaugh installed in Stanford isn't some simplistic "QB Friendly,stat machine" offense that we've seen from Florida.

You are going to have to accept that these guys don't buy into this "offense was custom built for him" stuff because its not true, and never was true. Its a pro-style offense that Luck mastered.

I get that there is always the "lets see" approach. But lets quit taking away from Luck purely because these professionals, and fans, see him as a better QB prospect than Tebow. The kid is the REAL DEAL.. just as Peyton and Elway were after they got their extremely high ratings (and NO OTHER QBs have had these kind of ratings SINCE Elway). These guys don't get these kinds of ratings because they ran an offense that was "custom built" for their strengths. Thats just silly. Thats what people say when they are looking for a reason to take away from the guy that grades out higher than Tebow.

wow do you qualify as an annoying Luck fan jamming Luck down our throats?

I dont think so, but I bet if you replaced the name Tebow with Luck in your post I bet you would! How dare you have passion! ;)

SR
03-17-2011, 02:52 PM
wow do you qualify as an annoying Luck fan jamming Luck down our throats?

I dont think so, but I bet if you replaced the name Tebow with Luck in your post I bet you would! How dare you have passion! ;)

You're unbelievable.

Bullgator
03-17-2011, 02:57 PM
You're unbelievable.

howmy doing on the making freinds portion of the show? :D

TXBRONC
03-17-2011, 03:07 PM
howmy doing on the making freinds portion of the show? :d

doa. ;)

SR
03-17-2011, 03:22 PM

Survey says: Consult your magic eight ball.

rcsodak
03-18-2011, 08:35 AM
Survey says: Consult your magic eight ball.

Hmmmmm...I dunno. Maybe he should make a poll?

:rolleyes:

zbeg
03-18-2011, 09:13 AM
Has any #1 overall projected QB ever gone back to school and still been the #1 overall prospect the next year?

Peyton Manning was the #1 overall projected QB to go to the Jets in 1997, then stayed another year. The Jets traded the pick to the Rams (Orlando Pace), and of course the Colts got the #1 overall pick the following season.

Manning's the only one I can think of, though.

Ravage!!!
03-18-2011, 01:54 PM
Peyton Manning was the #1 overall projected QB to go to the Jets in 1997, then stayed another year. The Jets traded the pick to the Rams (Orlando Pace), and of course the Colts got the #1 overall pick the following season.

Manning's the only one I can think of, though.

Bradford might qualify as well, AND he missed nearly his entire senior year because of injury.

I can feel confident that Luck will STILL be the #1 overall pick next season.

BroncoNut
03-18-2011, 02:16 PM

you did quite well in the bathing suit competition

Nomad
03-18-2011, 02:21 PM
you did quite well in the bathing suit competition

Ha! We took my little girl swimming a few months ago and I told her to put on her 'bathing suit' and she looks at me and says, "Daddy, what's a bathing suit. I laughed and said ok , your swimsuit then!:D Must be a term not used anymore!

BroncoNut
03-18-2011, 02:26 PM
Ha! We took my little girl swimming a few months ago and I told her to put on her 'bathing suit' and she looks at me and says, "Daddy, what's a bathing suit. I laughed and said ok , your swimsuit then!:D Must be a term not used anymore!

that and filling station. I dont' think the term "swimming trunks" is used that often anymore either

Nomad
03-18-2011, 02:30 PM
that and filling station. I dont' think the term "swimming trunks" is used that often anymore either

Makes me miss my grandma because she used all those old terms. I haven't heard filling station since I was a kid!

Bullgator
03-18-2011, 02:30 PM

those for sure i havent heard in a while...another is Kyle Orton... I dont think thats going to be used much anymore...maybe by the old timers ;) just so yester year.. like the days of yore

BroncoNut
03-18-2011, 02:36 PM
Makes me miss my grandma because she used all those old terms. I haven't heard filling station since I was a kid!

my grandma was racist as hell and thought that all retarded people had superhuman strength. She passed about 12 years ago. She loved me but pretty much hated the rest of the family.

HORSEPOWER 56
03-18-2011, 02:39 PM

So guys like Mel Kiper don't say "he's the next John Elway", about everyone? Just guys like Jawalrus Russell, right? "I'll see you at his HOF induction ceremony" about Mike Williams?

I know that you're wrapped up in all of this Luck hype, but if you watched him play on a regular basis, he really doesn't look any better than Gabbert or Mallett when it comes to throwing the football. He had a good running game to lean on and set up play action, he had a scheme that was designed in the pro style to get a WR/RB/TE WIDE OPEN for him to throw to (West Coast style) and didn't just rely on his target's athleticism to get open, and he was playing in the WEAKEST BCS CONFERENCE (as evidenced by Oregon going all the way to the NC game) this past year.

Sure, he had a great season. Don't we always downgrade guys for being "one year wonders"? Let Luck repeat what he did this season again without Harbaugh and maybe I'll come around, but I didn't see anything by him I hadn't seen from any of the big 3 (Tebow, Bradford, McCoy) from last year in college except that they all led their teams to the NC game.

This really has nothing to do with Tebow. Last year, before the draft, I knew who Jake Locker and Ryan Mallett were. NOBODY knew who Andrew Luck was or gave a shit until he had a great season and played for Harbaugh. When he can keep it up and prove he's the guy without Harbaugh, maybe I'll think more of him than I do of Cam Newton or Blaine Gabbert (who I think as much of right now as I do Alex Smith).

I Eat Staples
03-18-2011, 03:14 PM

Man, some of you make me feel like a kid. I've never even heard that term before.

arapaho2
03-18-2011, 03:55 PM

i recall wearing thongs didnt require a string in your butt crack...now there caqlled flipflops

Bullgator
03-18-2011, 04:06 PM
i recall wearing thongs didnt require a string in your butt crack...now there caqlled flipflops

yea i never understood why anyone would stick a flipflop up their butt... until i tried it :hurt:

elsid13
03-18-2011, 04:47 PM
So guys like Mel Kiper don't say "he's the next John Elway", about everyone? Just guys like Jawalrus Russell, right? "I'll see you at his HOF induction ceremony" about Mike Williams?

I know that you're wrapped up in all of this Luck hype, but if you watched him play on a regular basis, he really doesn't look any better than Gabbert or Mallett when it comes to throwing the football. He had a good running game to lean on and set up play action, he had a scheme that was designed in the pro style to get a WR/RB/TE WIDE OPEN for him to throw to (West Coast style) and didn't just rely on his target's athleticism to get open, and he was playing in the WEAKEST BCS CONFERENCE (as evidenced by Oregon going all the way to the NC game) this past year.

Sure, he had a great season. Don't we always downgrade guys for being "one year wonders"? Let Luck repeat what he did this season again without Harbaugh and maybe I'll come around, but I didn't see anything by him I hadn't seen from any of the big 3 (Tebow, Bradford, McCoy) from last year in college except that they all led their teams to the NC game.

This really has nothing to do with Tebow. Last year, before the draft, I knew who Jake Locker and Ryan Mallett were. NOBODY knew who Andrew Luck was or gave a shit until he had a great season and played for Harbaugh. When he can keep it up and prove he's the guy without Harbaugh, maybe I'll think more of him than I do of Cam Newton or Blaine Gabbert (who I think as much of right now as I do Alex Smith).

If you followed college football you knew who Luck was. And beside this isn't one year wonder for Luck he built on the very good redshirt freshman year he had and show vast improvement as he matured.

PAC-10 was far from weakest BCS conference (Big East, ACC, Big Ten) and Oregon was top notch team better then 99% of all Div I football teams.

arapaho2
03-18-2011, 04:57 PM
yea i never understood why anyone would stick a flipflop up their butt... until i tried it :hurt:

i should put on some flipflops...go up to my boys and say...the string on my thong is really chaffing me..hurts

i can imagine the looks on thier faces:lol:

Ravage!!!
03-18-2011, 05:17 PM

No. This is where you are completely wrong. No one that is in the business has given a grade to a player coming out of college, as high as Elway (who has the highest grade of ANY player to come out of college) ... until Luck. NO one. What is so hard to understand about that? The only people comparing Walrus to Elway, was Al Davis.

I know I know... you feel that Dilfer, Jaws, and the rest are not intelligent enough to tell the difference from a system that is "custom made" to Luck's abilities (honestly, that makes me laugh every time I see it).... but I'm going to hold their opinion's and observations from what they see on the game tapes a bit higher than, well, nearly everyone else. I'm pretty certain they are looking at more than just his success "against one of the weakest conferences" since they aren't grading this person on their BCS standings nor their chances of getting into the NCAA Season tourny in March (yes, Im using the basketball tournament as a simile to grading a player, going by your standards). Fans judge players on stats, not those that are grading game tape.

Dilfer and Jaws aren't basing their observations and grades on the stats, nor the record, of Stanford's season. I'm guessing you don't think they have the ability to tell who can throw the ball better, despite you saying he doesn't "look any better" than Gabbert or Mallet. I guess that goes for the "I didn't see anything by him I hadn't seen from any of the big 3..." as well. If you can't/didn't see things from Luck that you haven't/don't see from Tebow, then by admission you have taken away from you own knowledge in this area. They are worlds apart.

Now, I fully admit that although I've watched a LOT of Luck after hearing the rave review of him early in the 2010 season, I'm no expert. Which is why I acquiesce to those I respect in the business that I know will give a truthful grade, rather than some that are "wrapped up in all the Luck hype".. since you seem to believe that the only way this kid gets such a top grade is based on 'Hype.'

Either way. I know this. If we are picking #1 next season, I trust Elway 100% not pass up on this kid.

vandammage13
03-18-2011, 05:55 PM
.........Either way. I know this. If we are picking #1 next season, I trust Elway 100% not pass up on this kid.

If Tebow starts in 2011 (which he will), the Broncos won't be anywhere near the top of the draft to get Luck.

sneakers
03-18-2011, 06:25 PM
I think Topscribe is fapping to this thread.

Ravage!!!
03-18-2011, 06:35 PM
If Tebow starts in 2011 (which he will), the Broncos won't be anywhere near the top of the draft to get Luck.

Probably wont' no matter who is starting. So I don't think we have a shot at Luck

rcsodak
03-20-2011, 05:41 PM
I always say trunks. Midwest thing?

rcsodak
03-20-2011, 05:42 PM
my grandma was racist as hell and thought that all retarded people had superhuman strength. She passed about 12 years ago. She loved me but pretty much hated the rest of the family.
So.....do you have superhuman strength?

rcsodak
03-20-2011, 05:49 PM
Probably wont' no matter who is starting. So I don't think we have a shot at LuckThere may not BE a 2011 nfl draft. So what are the chances luck gets to having 2nd thoughts, and goes supplemental this summer?

Northman
03-20-2011, 06:09 PM
I highly doubt Denver will be drafting as high next year let alone have the type of draft picks to make a move for a guy like Luck. At this point it would be highly moronic to draft another QB without knowing exactly what you have in the current 1st rounder.

dunk7
03-23-2011, 12:14 PM
I highly doubt Denver will be drafting as high next year let alone have the type of draft picks to make a move for a guy like Luck. At this point it would be highly moronic to draft another QB without knowing exactly what you have in the current 1st rounder.

You might not know what we have in the current 1st rounder but I'm sure there are people on the Broncos staff that do and if they draft a QB, that answers that questions. I'm pretty concerned that they are looking at so many QB's this year. Makes me think they aren't sold on anyone we have.

rcsodak
03-23-2011, 12:42 PM
You might not know what we have in the current 1st rounder but I'm sure there are people on the Broncos staff that do and if they draft a QB, that answers that questions. I'm pretty concerned that they are looking at so many QB's this year. Makes me think they aren't sold on anyone we have.
Now let's just hope other teams are as gullible. ; )

Dzone
03-23-2011, 01:04 PM
Tebows stock has been falling progressively since he got demoted by Elway...If Tebow goes, I am selling my bronco tickets! &%$#!LOL

rcsodak
03-23-2011, 01:09 PM
Tebows stock has been falling progressively since he got demoted by Elway...If Tebow goes, I am selling my bronco tickets! &%$#!LOL
Lmao

How/when did elway demote TT? He's not the coach.
And how much for your tix?

SR
03-23-2011, 01:22 PM

I got dibs.

Dzone
03-23-2011, 01:30 PM
Hahaha, hell yes Tebow has been in Elways craphouse since day one

rcsodak
03-23-2011, 01:33 PM
Hahaha, hell yes Tebow has been in Elways craphouse since day onethat doesn't answer my question.lol

Dzone
03-23-2011, 01:44 PM
I split those tickets already and usually give them to family...but if Tebow doesnt play, I doubt there will be any interest anymore...:laugh::lol:

TXBRONC
03-23-2011, 04:16 PM

I not concerned about it because it's not like they been obsessive about it. They have also scouted guys like Dareus and Peterson.

Sinthor
03-24-2011, 01:38 AM
Andrew Luck.

Best case scenario for Denver......

...Carolina is sold on Clausen or trades back in the draft this year and gets a QB.
...there is a lockout.
...Denver then can draft Andrew Luck.

We might actually win more games than we lose.

Speaking of nuthangers...kid like Luck has ONE brilliant year and everyone's all over him. What if he looks human this year? (See Locker, Jake). THEN who will the next consensus "can't miss" QB prospect be? Shoot....Gabbert was being talked about a a LATE 1st rounder and more likely 2nd rounder or so since he comes from a spread offense, etc. All of a sudden, Luck isn't in the mix and everyone had to come up with SOMEONE to hype as the #1 QB prospect. Not saying he can't or won't be good...but both he and Cam have a lot of the same concerns people have had with Tebow and other spread quarterbacks especially since Alex Smith came out and crashed.

Dzone
03-24-2011, 08:29 AM
I just dont understand Luck not going pro. He was a certain First pick. He could end up losing millions, especially if he blows out a shoulder. I suppose he took out a Loyds of London policy

SR
03-24-2011, 08:50 AM
He wanted to finish school, and that's admirable. At least if he ends up screwing himself he'll have a Stanford education to fall back on.

Nomad
03-24-2011, 09:40 AM
He wanted to finish school, and that's admirable. At least if he ends up screwing himself he'll have a Stanford education to fall back on.

Funny how it bothers people so much he did what he said he would do back in June and that was he wanted to graduate from college and that's what his goal is!! Obviously he didn't care about the money factor!

I'm sure they'll be more Stanford games nationally televised this year than in previous years!

rcsodak
03-24-2011, 09:54 AM
Funny how it bothers people so much he did what he said he would do back in June and that was he wanted to graduate from college and that's what his goal is!! Obviously he didn't care about the money factor!

I'm sure they'll be more Stanford games nationally televised this year than in previous years!

I think college kids shouldn't be able to enter the draft until they have AT LEAST an Associates Degree. Most take such slack classes they should be embarrassed.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
03-24-2011, 11:38 AM
http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc281/d-schnutz/GIF%20a%20Life/WHAT.gif

Dzone
03-24-2011, 11:41 AM
He could get his stanford degree later. I guess some guys value the college experience and want to get the most out of it.. Matt Lienhert comes to mind

Nomad
03-24-2011, 12:02 PM
He could get his stanford degree later. I guess some guys value the college experience and want to get the most out of it.. Matt Lienhert comes to mind

I guess you are only young once to enjoy the college life and it seems Luck knows what he wants and not what everybody else thinks he should do or have done!

What bothers you and others most......that he passed on a possible big payday or that the BRONCOS could have been one pick away from getting him? Panthers weren't going to pass on him and if they would have BRONCOS would have to had given up the farm, bank, and whatever assets they had to get him!!

bcbronc
03-24-2011, 12:55 PM
imo the longer a QB stays in college the better.

Peyton Manning played four years at Tennessee. Brady played four years Michigan. Luck has only played 2 years at Stanford.

obviously it's not just as simple as play 4 years, be a great pro. But QB more than any other position really benefits from an extra year in college, most of the time anyway.

Ravage!!!
03-24-2011, 02:05 PM
Luck said it was his goal to finish his degree, and felt it important not to stop before completing that goal. That I understand....but I still, absolutely, would not make the choice over the money. Education is great, if you need to give yourself a larger chance of getting a job. Luck doesn't need that degree to make a living. So I personally found the decisions perplexing.

Would have been nice to have a shot at him, though.

BroncoNut
03-24-2011, 02:13 PM
I think it's great he chose to stay and finish his degree. I guess the risk of injury in playing college ball one more year is a valid point, but there's more to life than having millions

rcsodak
03-24-2011, 02:38 PM
I think it's great he chose to stay and finish his degree. I guess the risk of injury in playing college ball one more year is a valid point, but there's more to life than having millions
Spot on, nut.

Northman
03-25-2011, 03:51 AM
You might not know what we have in the current 1st rounder but I'm sure there are people on the Broncos staff that do and if they draft a QB, that answers that questions.

Uh, no it doesnt.

It could just mean they are a bunch of morons who dont know what they are doing. Its not like NFL organizations arent fallable including Elway. Its not like he is just coming in to sprinkle fairy dust and all of a sudden what he touches turns to gold. None of the current staff has proven anything and has done nothing but a lot of talking. They will need to back up what they say and actually have success to be taken seriously. We've all heard the talk from this organization before and failed miserably.

Just because they come out and say "so and so isnt this or that" doesnt mean its true just because they say it is. lol

Ive already done the research and Tebow hasnt played any worse (in fact has played better) than 3 other young QB's in their first three games and i dont see those teams throwing those Qb's to wayside. If Elway and company feel they can make a determination on a rookie QB after 3 games we are in SERIOUS trouble as an organization.

Looking at Elway's numbers from his first 3 games i guess he can count his lucky stars that Denver didnt decide his fate based on his numbers. And this isnt even counting what was done on the ground by both players.

John
1/8 14 yds 1 Int
9/11 106 yds
18/33 193 1 TD, 2 Int

Defensive Rank: 19th in points allowed

Tim
8/16 138 1 TD
16/29 308 1 TD, 1 Int
13/36 205 2 TD, 2 Int

Defensive rank: 29th in points allowed

And no, this isnt about Tebow being better than Elway. Its just about common sense and perspective.

Dzone
03-25-2011, 07:58 AM
^Excellent post NM

Dzone
03-25-2011, 08:05 AM
Imagine how awesome college would be when you are the starting quarterback...Thats something you can only experience once. You walk across campus and you are THE man. Everybody loves you. You can have the hottest chick in the entire school. Man, you can only dream of what its like being Andrew Luck at Stanford. That would be hard to give up. The degree is just gravy.

LTC Pain
03-25-2011, 08:18 AM
Imagine how awesome college would be when you are the starting quarterback...Thats something you can only experience once. You walk across campus and you are THE man. Everybody loves you. You can have the hottest chick in the entire school. Man, you can only dream of what its like being Andrew Luck at Stanford. That would be hard to give up. The degree is just gravy.

So you think Luck stayed in college because he thinks he's the man on campus and dates the hottest chick around??? :confused::eek::lol::laugh::wine::behindsofa: :banghead:

Dzone
03-25-2011, 08:42 AM
So you think Luck stayed in college because he thinks he's the man on campus and dates the hottest chick around??? :confused::eek::lol::laugh::wine::behindsofa: :banghead:
no smartass i didnt say he thinks he is the man...Im talking about the whole college experience that he has chosen to remain in for a year. Its still an awesome experience. Dont say I said something when i didnt

LTC Pain
03-25-2011, 09:41 AM
no smartass i didnt say he thinks he is the man...Im talking about the whole college experience that he has chosen to remain in for a year. Its still an awesome experience. Dont say I said something when i didnt

Oh sorry, here's your post. So, Luck doesn't think he's the man, he just is the man , and that's why you think he continued with college. Got it! ROFLMAO!!!

Dzone
03-25-2011, 10:17 AM
Oh sorry, here's your post. So, Luck doesn't think he's the man, he just is the man , and that's why you think he continued with college. Got it! ROFLMAO!!!

For whatever reason, there are people in life that are simply jerks. Why? who knows? You are one of them. Thats fine.

Ravage!!!
03-25-2011, 10:32 AM

being THE man and thinking you are "THE MAN" are completely different. Being 'The MAN' simply is a perspective from others looking at you.

I thought only teenage girls used the ROFLMAO

LTC Pain
03-25-2011, 11:03 AM
It's hilarious you both resort to name calling. Again, I'm simply pointing out that someone believing Luck returned to college because of his ego is funny. Possible, maybe but not likely. I would think most professional athletes aspire to acheive and win at the next level. If Luck returned to college to finish his degree then he has my utmost respect despite the pressure associated with the decison.

Dzone
03-25-2011, 01:54 PM
Not once did I say Luck was returning due to ego. I was simply trying to imagine how amazing it would be to be a starting qb on a big college team. A lot of players return for that college experience. Thats it. You choose to misread everything I said and be a jerk about it. And Ravage never called you a name. Im not saying it to be rude, but your behavior is that of a total jerk...I really dont have much more to say, other than how the hell do I put you on ignore?

NameUsedBefore
03-25-2011, 04:49 PM
Luck comes from a well-off family, that probably played a part as well. Other players do not have that benefit or cushion. Turning down millions now so you can get a degree that will never pay as much, and risk injury while doing so, means a helluva lot more when your family is poor.

bcbronc
03-25-2011, 05:58 PM

You've got to remember though, once Luck turns pro chicks won't dig him anymore.

rcsodak
03-26-2011, 11:33 AM
Uh, no it doesnt.

It could just mean they are a bunch of morons who dont know what they are doing. Its not like NFL organizations arent fallable including Elway. Its not like he is just coming in to sprinkle fairy dust and all of a sudden what he touches turns to gold. None of the current staff has proven anything and has done nothing but a lot of talking. They will need to back up what they say and actually have success to be taken seriously. We've all heard the talk from this organization before and failed miserably.

Just because they come out and say "so and so isnt this or that" doesnt mean its true just because they say it is. lol

Ive already done the research and Tebow hasnt played any worse (in fact has played better) than 3 other young QB's in their first three games and i dont see those teams throwing those Qb's to wayside. If Elway and company feel they can make a determination on a rookie QB after 3 games we are in SERIOUS trouble as an organization.

Looking at Elway's numbers from his first 3 games i guess he can count his lucky stars that Denver didnt decide his fate based on his numbers. And this isnt even counting what was done on the ground by both players.

John
1/8 14 yds 1 Int
9/11 106 yds
18/33 193 1 TD, 2 Int

Defensive Rank: 19th in points allowed

Tim
8/16 138 1 TD
16/29 308 1 TD, 1 Int
13/36 205 2 TD, 2 Int

Defensive rank: 29th in points allowed

And no, this isnt about Tebow being better than Elway. Its just about common sense and perspective.

North, I can assure you, that you cannot tell a qb's worth versus others simply by looking at stats.

Elway said he was "raw". That means unpolished. That means he's not keeping his eyes moving. That means he's not looking "ahead" of the play.

You saw him back there, hesitating, feet dancing a jig, and then loading up and throwing his hardest at a wr. Whether or not it was completed doesn't necessarily matter. It may have show an actualy talent evaluator/ex nfl qb (elway) that he was 2 steps late. He may have seen a bigger play open up that TT didn't see because he wasn't 'seeing the field'.

In other words, and I keep hammering this, stats don't mean shit unless its for Fantasy points.

You can probably find any college qb worth a crap, and throw him onto a pro team. And he'll make a play here/there....if he's athletic, he may make some nice runs....maybe a td or two...and he might make some long throws, and in the end, he'll be about 50% completion.

Right now, I believe that's where Elway & Co. see TT.

No slam on him. Everybody knew he'd be a project. He just needs time, coaching and practice.

rcsodak
03-26-2011, 11:40 AM
Luck comes from a well-off family, that probably played a part as well. Other players do not have that benefit or cushion. Turning down millions now so you can get a degree that will never pay as much, and risk injury while doing so, means a helluva lot more when your family is poor.
Damn rich people! I bet you HATE HATE HATE him, nub.

:laugh:

SR
03-26-2011, 11:58 AM
Not once did I say Luck was returning due to ego. I was simply trying to imagine how amazing it would be to be a starting qb on a big college team. A lot of players return for that college experience. Thats it. You choose to misread everything I said and be a jerk about it. And Ravage never called you a name. Im not saying it to be rude, but your behavior is that of a total jerk...I really dont have much more to say, other than how the hell do I put you on ignore?

I already told you how to put people on ignore. Don't be such a softy.

Sinthor
03-26-2011, 07:50 PM
It irritates me that Carolina would even think to draft another QB, considering last year when they took Clausen he was considered to be "the most NFL ready". It's discouraging to see teams give up on players so quickly. I understand the dersire to "win now", but there comes a time when ownership and coaches have to realize that players aren't developed in to NFL all-stars right out of college 95% of the time. Very disheartening.

I agree...players, especially 1st and 2nd round, need to have more time for development, etc. I'm not sure Carolina WILL jettison Claussen though. I would think that even if they take another QB, they'd keep him as the backup. After all, a new QB will be in the same spot as Claussen last year and he might be a lot better for the experience even though the "experts" are saying that throwing to the wolves killed his confidence, etc.

Unfortunately, the league is copycat. They may well look at Bradford and say "well, HE had an impact." This ignores the state of the team around the player (the Rams were MUCH better overall even without Bradford and especially considering the last 5 games of the year, who says that HE will be a great QB going forward?) and might pull the plug anyway.

This is part of what kills me with all these "can't miss" QB statements before the draft. Most if not all QB's aren't ready out of college. The only ones that HAVE succeeded were on teams that were at LEAST decent to good already. But, if a guy flames out right away, he can be gone still. On the other hand, neither do I think a guy like Jamarcus Russell should have stayed around for what...3 or 4 years (?) when he clearly just couldn't adapt and couldn't even follow the wishes of the team.

That's part of why I want to see Tebow. He played against players that were fully in synch with the season and in game mode while he was effectively at week 1 and did pretty well, for a rookie. So with actual preparation and being able to "spin up" during the season, I think he's got a good shot at performing at an "average" level or maybe even a bit better next year. We'll have to see how Bradford, McCoy and others have developed during the off season from their experience benefit in starting last year and not getting completely killed.

Dzone
03-26-2011, 07:51 PM
I already told you how to put people on ignore. Don't be such a softy.

LOL..I know, where the hell was that post?

Sinthor
03-26-2011, 08:00 PM

I'm GLAD Luck didn't come out. Having one great year does not mean you're the "best prospect in 20 years" or anything of the like. You're right, Locker was being talked about just as glowingly until he had a year (this year) that showed he's human. If he does the same next year, I'll start to believe. Till then, it kills me when guys have one good year and get so highly touted. Do it for 3 or 4 and then I'll start to buy in.

Gabbert wasn't being talked about as a first rounder, etc. until Luck dropped out. He and Newton have the same "weaknesses" as almost always playing out of shotgun, spread, etc. Then again, Bradford was in a system where plays got called in from the sidelines AFTER the players line up and I didn't hear any negatives on that last year. It's almost like the draft ratings are more a political or popularity tool, at least for QB's. Gabbert and Newton suddenly shoot up as people are blown away by their Pro days. Then again, some guys have Pro Days where people say the same, but their stock isn't really affected. Go figure.

I don't think there's any way the Broncos are better off without Tebow. I've watched the games he played again and while he does need to improve, the whole team played different with him in. He also did a lot that was impressive to go along with the "rookie moments." More than ever after that, I think he may very well "make it" and be a good QB. There's certainly more evidence for that then to say that he'll crash and burn, in any case, although sure he still could. We won't know until he plays a decent length of time like a season or two (or three) OR if he completely flames out like a Jamarcus Russel. If he does THAT he should be yanked, otherwise, this team seemed clearly better WITH him even if it wasn't because his play was so stellar.

Dzone
03-26-2011, 08:03 PM
As for College, well, some of the best years of my life. I never wanted it to end.

BroncoJoe
03-27-2011, 10:07 AM
North, I can assure you, that you cannot tell a qb's worth versus others simply by looking at stats.

Elway said he was "raw". That means unpolished. That means he's not keeping his eyes moving. That means he's not looking "ahead" of the play.

You saw him back there, hesitating, feet dancing a jig, and then loading up and throwing his hardest at a wr. Whether or not it was completed doesn't necessarily matter. It may have show an actualy talent evaluator/ex nfl qb (elway) that he was 2 steps late. He may have seen a bigger play open up that TT didn't see because he wasn't 'seeing the field'.

In other words, and I keep hammering this, stats don't mean shit unless its for Fantasy points.

You can probably find any college qb worth a crap, and throw him onto a pro team. And he'll make a play here/there....if he's athletic, he may make some nice runs....maybe a td or two...and he might make some long throws, and in the end, he'll be about 50% completion.

Right now, I believe that's where Elway & Co. see TT.

No slam on him. Everybody knew he'd be a project. He just needs time, coaching and practice.

Key word there. It's been pretty well documented that McD didn't involve TT or even BQ in practice very much at all. I thought, considering that "fact", TT played extremely well. It's all about timing between a QB and a WR and Tebow didn't get that opportunity in practice.

oubronco
03-27-2011, 10:19 AM
I'll laugh my ass off if they take Gabbert and then i'll be pissed as hell that they passed on Dareus