PDA

View Full Version : Tiki Barber return?

NightTerror218
03-08-2011, 03:33 PM
Tiki Barber plans to come back from retirement, where do you think he would go? If he is in shape and still produce a fit in Denver?

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/news/story?id=6193850

SR
03-08-2011, 03:34 PM
No.

NightTerror218
03-08-2011, 03:37 PM
No.

Why not he was a very productive running back and our RUNNING GAME seem to be the weak spot in our offense

SR
03-08-2011, 03:38 PM
Why not he was a very productive running back and our RUNNING GAME seem to be the weak spot in our offense

That's why.

T.K.O.
03-08-2011, 03:38 PM
i wonder if any RB has come back and done well.....after 4 years?:confused:
tiki was great.....BUT:shocked:

SR
03-08-2011, 03:41 PM
He wasn't even "great". He was good. WAS good.

NightTerror218
03-08-2011, 03:44 PM

He was a 1000+ yrd rushing his last 5 yrs, and he would be pretty cheap like Vick was when the Eagle signed him.

SR
03-08-2011, 03:49 PM
Just because he's pondering a comeback and was a good running back toward the end of his career and has been doing nothing for the past four years doesn't mean he's a good fit for the Broncos. Mmmkay?

tomjonesrocks
03-08-2011, 03:52 PM
Bad story. Another failed NFL retirement.

Chances are Tiki has very little in the tank. This team needs a new, young, talented back.

NightTerror218
03-08-2011, 03:53 PM
Bad story. Another failed NFL retirement.

Chances are Tiki has very little in the tank. This team needs a new, young, talented back.

They got Moreno and White. Will prob trade off Buck or let him go, no matter how much I like him, I think he is done. But why not as a backup for cheap.

SR
03-08-2011, 03:57 PM
They got Moreno and White. Will prob trade off Buck or let him go, no matter how much I like him, I think he is done. But why not as a backup for cheap.

Because we have cheap backups.

I'm gonna vent for a sec. Not aimed at you specifically, but everyone that does this shit.

Why the **** does everyone think that every free agent needs to be a Denver Bronco? Why does everyone think that just because a well-known free agent or disgruntled player needs to be a Denver Bronco? That shit drives me absolutely batshit crazy!

BroncoBJ
03-08-2011, 04:20 PM
He WAS good.

But I have a feeling if he comes back, he WILL be great and rush for at least 1800 yards. jmho

BroncoWave
03-08-2011, 04:23 PM
Per Adam Schefter:

"Early speculative candidates that conceivably could take a flyer on Tiki: John Fox in Denver, Sean Payton in NO, Raheem Morris in Tampa Bay."

www.twitter.com/adamschefter

West
03-08-2011, 04:29 PM
He WAS good.

But I have a feeling if he comes back, he WILL be great and rush for at least 1800 yards. jmho

You can't make this shit up.....

I think he's got the Mark Brunell syndrome.

Stay retired, Tiki.

rcsodak
03-08-2011, 04:31 PM
Because we have cheap backups.

I'm gonna vent for a sec. Not aimed at you specifically, but everyone that does this shit.

Why the **** does everyone think that every free agent needs to be a Denver Bronco? Why does everyone think that just because a well-known free agent or disgruntled player needs to be a Denver Bronco? That shit drives me absolutely batshit crazy!
Most would agree w/you, ingRed. The good thing is, this prolly happens on EVERY team's forum.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

dogfish
03-08-2011, 04:32 PM
really? really??

rcsodak
03-08-2011, 04:35 PM
really? really??
:laugh:
really!

Denver Native (Carol)
03-08-2011, 04:35 PM
Barber, who became a nemesis of Giants coach Tom Coughlin during his final seasons with the team, is still property of the Giants since he retired with two years remaining on the four-year, $23 million contract he signed before the 2005 season. He is currently on the Giants' reserve/retired list and the team would has to either activate or release him when his paperwork is processed.

They can't do that at the moment, though, since all NFL rosters are effectively frozen until a new collective bargaining agreement is signed.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/2011/03/08/2011-03-08_tiki_barber_who_last_played_with_the_giants_in_ 2006_files_paperwork_to_come_out_.html?r=sports

rcsodak
03-08-2011, 04:36 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/2011/03/08/2011-03-08_tiki_barber_who_last_played_with_the_giants_in_ 2006_files_paperwork_to_come_out_.html?r=sports

Carol=Batwoman

SR
03-08-2011, 04:37 PM

Being that the Giants have Bradshaw and Jacobs, I think they'd probably let Tiki have his freedom. I just want him to stay away from Denver.

Grover
03-08-2011, 04:58 PM
Tatum Bell said he wanted to come back to the Broncos. I'd rather have Tatum than Tiki. At least Tatum's a Bronco. Tiki's east coast and I'm pretty sick of east coast influence.

West
03-08-2011, 05:02 PM
Tatum Bell said he wanted to come back to the Broncos. I'd rather have Tatum than Tiki. At least Tatum's a Bronco. Tiki's east coast and I'm pretty sick of east coast influence.

Yeah! F*** East Coast!

http://smartassradio.com/wp-content/gallery/site-images/deathrowvbadboy.jpg

JaxBroncoGirl
03-08-2011, 05:03 PM

If this is true, he is coming back for 1 reason only, CHILD SUPPORT.

The real reason he left was because he could not stand Tom Caughlin, which is a very hard coach that does not play favorites and he makes everyone work hard. Granted several players do not like his style because he is really hard on the guys, Tom does tend to get rid of the trouble makers on the team, which Tiki was one of them because he did not feel he should be punished for showing up late for practice. Tiki's days are over at least with the networks and now football. The fool trashed his father for leaving his family and then Tiki did the same thing only while his wife was pregnant. Tiki is looking for money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Tom is not going to put up with him anymore. Any NFL team that wants him must be crazy.

NightTerror218
03-08-2011, 05:09 PM
But if he comes back........wont have to listen to him commentate on games anymore and no more analysis from him on games.....o the bliss my ears will have....i just wish some other commentators would stop talking too

T.K.O.
03-08-2011, 05:56 PM
shefter just reported that the giants have released barber and that the BRONCOS are a possibility !!!!! no kidding:shocked:
.....duh....late to the party again,sorry.
it is kinda strange when elway has been talking youth that we would even be in the conversation though ?

dogfish
03-08-2011, 05:58 PM
tiki barber; when correll buckhalter just isn't decrepit enough. . .

what's mike anderson doing these days?

PAINTERDAVE
03-08-2011, 06:03 PM
No Tiki...no...

NO.

Did you hear me?

NO!:tsk:

SR
03-08-2011, 06:58 PM
If this is true, he is coming back for 1 reason only, CHILD SUPPORT.

We're talking about Tiki Barber, not Travis Henry.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-08-2011, 07:02 PM
# Tiki and Ronde Barber always wanted to play together at the NFL level. Ronde signed last month for one more year in Tampa. #justsayin half a minute ago via ÜberSocial

# Tiki Barber is coming back. Plaxico Burress is coming back. Now don't go getting any ideas, @AntonioPierce. 23 minutes ago via web

# Early speculative candidates that conceivably could take a flyer on Tiki: John Fox in Denver, Sean Payton in NO, Raheem Morris in Tampa Bay. about 1 hour ago via ÜberSocial

http://twitter.com/adamschefter

shank
03-08-2011, 07:12 PM
http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lf89wxB3ja1qe0eclo1_r34_500.gif

zbeg
03-08-2011, 07:16 PM

Yeah, I really hate the way east coasters play football. They're all "whatchu talkin' about" and "yo, get me a pizza" whereas west coasters are all, "what up" and "don't give me no lip, cause I just got back from In and Out."

Pretty important when deciding who is going to be the best person to carry a football. You definitely want to take into account the geography of where they played football, lest their cultural influences infiltrate the team and um, you know, make the Broncos all east coast and stuff.

Davii
03-08-2011, 08:24 PM
If he does get signed anywhere it will be on a contract heavy with incentives and salary in year two or three, low salary in 1st year with incentives, and no signing bonus to speak of.

He will most likely get a look somewhere, but become training camp fodder. Sad to say, he WAS a good player.

I hope he goes somewhere and produces for another year or two. I wouldn't even mind seeing him in Denver's camp, but I don't think he'd make it past the cuts.

Buff
03-08-2011, 08:31 PM
Shanahan will have him signed by the end of the week.

/thread

Poet
03-08-2011, 11:19 PM
Just like any FA, it's not a bad signing as long as the contract is reasonable. Even after for years, it's hard for me believe that he couldn't add something positive to a team.

dogfish
03-08-2011, 11:27 PM
Just like any FA, it's not a bad signing as long as the contract is reasonable. Even after for years, it's hard for me believe that he couldn't add something positive to a team.

don't get too excited-- he doesn't have the kind of rap sheet to catch mike brown's eye. . .

:heh:

hehe-- just messin' with ya. . . in all honesty though, you guys will need RB help if you don't re-sign benson-- what's going on with that? barber's not a great pairing with bernard scott, though. . . i'd think you'd want a guy with some size, unless you think leonard's ready for a bigger role. . .

i'd think tiki's best chance will be to wait until mid-season when the meatgrinder has taken its toll on the league's RB corps. . . i wouldn't be shocked if he can still contribute in a third down back type of role-- he was playing at a high level when he left, his twin is still contributing in the NFL, and tiki hasn't taken any punishment in four years. . .

still, no way he can hold up an entire season at 36-- not with all the HGH in the world, not playing RB. . .