PDA

View Full Version : Have we thought about what KO wants?

Bullgator
03-08-2011, 01:48 PM
First off we are all argeuing for what we want but have you thought of what KO wants?

IMO KO wants out. Why would he want to stay on a (currently)bad team with TT breathing down his neck? where the fans are just waiting for a reason to boo him off the feild? KO has a small cult following but thats around 10% TT around 80% and another 10% who are ok with either.

with every failed 3rd down , redzone, unavoided pass rush and loss the angry mob will grow louder and louder... why would he even want that? Hes not a denver native, this is a business and its in his best interest to take his talents to a team that has some chance to make it to the playoffs... a team with decent D and decent rungame where he knows hes the starter. Like the vikings or whoever is in the same boat.

If it was YOU and you had no ties to the broncos emotionaly you would be out.

What about the organization? you think they want to spend 8 mil for a 1 year QB in a season where no one gives them a chance at making the playoffs? THAT WOULD BE LAUGHABLE. They have 8 mil in value to address other needs which are plenty. KO is NOT a franchise QB worth 16 mil and this year would be his last in denver for sure anyway.. if we must part then let me get 8 mil in value NOW instead of nothing later.

Also there is no better time to try out your 1rst round QB if he cant hack it then no harm done, we didnt expect to get to the playoffs anyway. If TT sucks then go after another in the next draft.

its a win-win-win... its the ONLY scenerio that makes sense.
Not because Orton sucks, Not because TT is a beast but because its just the only way that makes sense for KO the fans and the team.

IMO, as we will see soon enough, after the CBA is done Orton is out like a fat girl playing dodgeball

topscribe
03-08-2011, 01:54 PM
I don't know what you said for obvious reasons. But I do know that this board is
being spammed with so many KO and Tebow threads that I am going to take a
short hiatus until the board can return a little closer to "normal."

I think I'll spend a little time over on MHR. Topics seem a bit more diverse there . . .

See y'all around draft time or so, perhaps . . . http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/thdrink.gif

P.S. Well, on second thought, I might look into P&R and the Chit-Chat forums
occasionally. Don't want to miss any of Painter's stories, should he post
one . . .

P.P.S. To my 82 friends on the board: I get email notices of your PMs.

-----

Bullgator
03-08-2011, 01:58 PM
I don't know what you said for obvious reasons. But I do know that this board is

I think I'll spend a little time over on MHR. Topics seem a bit more diverse there . . .

See y'all around draft time or so, perhaps . . . http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/thdrink.gif

-----

Just like you Top to judge something without even reading it. Godspeed man.

BroncoStud
03-08-2011, 02:01 PM
Drama... It seems those who should be old enough to know and act better are the ones who spread the drama...

I don't really care what Orton wants, I don't care what Tebow wants. I want the best QB Denver can possibly get under center, and if we are sitting at 2-14 next offseason and Andrew Luck is on the board, I hope he is our next starting QB.

Orton was well-paid for his mediocre services rendered. It's time to move on and remove yet another McDaniels taint on this franchise.

MileHighCrew
03-08-2011, 02:22 PM
I know what Orton wants, the 8 million bucks he is signed for

dogfish
03-08-2011, 02:24 PM
Have we thought about what KO wants?

nope-- not once. . . .

Bullgator
03-08-2011, 02:25 PM
I know what Orton wants, the 8 million bucks he is signed for

He can get that elsewhere easy and maybe even more if he plays well in his 1 year for them.

MileHighCrew
03-08-2011, 02:31 PM
Josh isn't allowed to give out contracts in his new job

Bullgator
03-08-2011, 02:41 PM
Josh isn't allowed to give out contracts in his new job

If he gets traded so does his contract, they will have to pay him his 8 mil. Unless he agrees to redo his contract. and that will involve more years

eitherway 8 mil is doable for kyle.. it all depends on the teams needs vs salary cap. he will get 8 mil np

SR
03-08-2011, 02:47 PM
Without wasting time reading this thread, I will answer: I do not care what KO wants.

KCL
03-08-2011, 02:50 PM

one . . .

-----

stop it...you're not going anywhere...:D

SR
03-08-2011, 02:57 PM

This shit happens every off season.

broncofaninfla
03-08-2011, 03:03 PM
After seeing how he acted when Tebow was given the nod I don't give a rats azz how Orton feels. Not exactly team behavior on his part.

vandammage13
03-08-2011, 03:09 PM

one . . .

-----

Don't let the door hit your wheelchair on the way out....You'll be back.

BORDERLINE
03-08-2011, 03:09 PM
Man I'm not on Team Orton here but come on, This issue will never end there are at least 3 current threads with the same conversation in each one.

Let's have one Orton Thread where we can talk bad/good about him and his possible destinations should he be traded and that's IT!!!!!!

Denver Native (Carol)
03-08-2011, 03:15 PM
Obviously - no one knows for sure if KO wants out, unless he openly states that.

Also, how many players actually have emotional ties to the team they are playing for, unless they have played there for many years, unless they are playing for their hometown team, etc.

And, winning cures fan's negatives instantly.

AND - once again, as both Elway and Fox have stated, competition will determine who is the starting QB if the new CBA is in place to give ample time for open competition.

topscribe
03-08-2011, 03:36 PM

Oh, I'll be back, classy lady.

How could I stay away for long with you here? http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/thdrink.gif

-----

I Eat Staples
03-08-2011, 03:42 PM
Don't let the door hit your wheelchair on the way out....You'll be back.

This was rude but really funny. :lol:

KCL
03-08-2011, 03:58 PM
Let's have one Orton Thread where we can talk bad/good about him and his possible destinations should he be traded and that's IT!!!!!!

One? They're all over the place...:D

Bullgator
03-08-2011, 04:00 PM
Obviously - no one knows for sure if KO wants out, unless he openly states that.

Also, how many players actually have emotional ties to the team they are playing for, unless they have played there for many years, unless they are playing for their hometown team, etc.

And, winning cures fan's negatives instantly.

AND - once again, as both Elway and Fox have stated, competition will determine who is the starting QB if the new CBA is in place to give ample time for open competition.

See now thats a fair rebuttle- no barbs, makes sense

I will say yes no one has those ties so its not so much about KO as it is about anyone in that position. anyone in thier right minds would be out if they could... there just is no winning this thing unless KO starts and stays healthy AND takes them deep into the playoffs... I dont see that with the team in state that its in + all the unreall pressure put on KO and his hot seat.

It would just be in HIS best interest to have a fresh start.. thats what this thread is about, not to beat a dead horse but to say hey lets look at it from KO perspective.. not to argue who is better but to take a another angle on this... i dont suppose any of us thoght about what it is he wants. chances are he would prob want to go to a team with a better shot to win and no cf icon breathing down his neck.

he would like starting in front of Joe webb me thinks lol

KCL
03-08-2011, 04:02 PM
Oh, I'll be back, classy lady.

How could I stay away for long with you here? http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/thdrink.gif

-----

See...I told you!!! :D

SR
03-08-2011, 04:05 PM
Orton needs a good team to go to, not a "trying to rebuild team". He is not a QB that can lead a team out from the basement in to contention. He needs a team like Baltimore that has a badass defense and a solid offense. Problem is, good teams without good QBs are not looking for someone like Orton and bad teams looking to rebuild to get better are not looking for someone like Orton. So who would we really trade him to se he could have his "Fresh start"?

Denver Native (Carol)
03-08-2011, 04:11 PM
See now thats a fair rebuttle- no barbs, makes sense

I will say yes no one has those ties so its not so much about KO as it is about anyone in that position. anyone in thier right minds would be out if they could... there just is no winning this thing unless KO starts and stays healthy AND takes them deep into the playoffs... I dont see that with the team in state that its in + all the unreall pressure put on KO and his hot seat.

It would just be in HIS best interest to have a fresh start.. thats what this thread is about, not to beat a dead horse but to say hey lets look at it from KO perspective.. not to argue who is better but to take a another angle on this... i dont suppose any of us thoght about what it is he wants. chances are he would prob want to go to a team with a better shot to win and no cf icon breathing down his neck.

he would like starting in front of Joe webb me thinks lol

So, if anyone in their right mind would be out if they could, I guess Champ is not in his right mind, as he openly stated MANY times that he not only wanted to stay with the Broncos, but he wanted to finish his career with the Broncos, fully knowing when he stated that, that he has NO IDEA who the starting QB will end up being.

rcsodak
03-08-2011, 04:19 PM
So, if anyone in their right mind would be out if they could, I guess Champ is not in his right mind, as he openly stated MANY times that he not only wanted to stay with the Broncos, but he wanted to finish his career with the Broncos, fully knowing when he stated that, that he has NO IDEA who the starting QB will end up being.

Carol...are you still trying to make headway? I love your heart, sister.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Bullgator
03-08-2011, 04:36 PM

Champ is certainly a different story... hes at the end of his career why would he want to start over in a new city? hes settled down, he has a bunch of years invested in denver already and hes loved here. no person in thier right minds IN ORTONS POSITION would stay... Champ should not be compaired to KO.

also he was quoted as saying he hopes that he gets to play with tebow.

rcsodak
03-08-2011, 04:42 PM
Champ is certainly a different story... hes at the end of his career why would he want to start over in a new city? hes settled down, he has a bunch of years invested in denver already and hes loved here. no person in thier right minds IN ORTONS POSITION would stay... Champ should not be compaired to KO.

also he was quoted as saying he hopes that he gets to play with tebow.

So TT is gonna go both ways?

Cool!

JaxBroncoGirl
03-08-2011, 05:08 PM
I really do not care want Orton wants. What people want and what the get are two very different things. How about we just call it even and let the better QB play. You know where I stand, I still think Tebow is the better QB. As far as what Orton wants, I really do not think none of the NFL teams really care at this point. He is a has been. Never reached greatness just a good solid back up only.

rcsodak
03-08-2011, 05:18 PM
I really do not care want Orton wants. What people want and what the get are two very different things. How about we just call it even and let the better QB play. You know where I stand, I still think Tebow is the better QB. As far as what Orton wants, I really do not think none of the NFL teams really care at this point. He is a has been. Never reached greatness just a good solid back up only.

So you're saying ALL teams care? :confused:

TXBRONC
03-08-2011, 05:32 PM
First off we are all argeuing for what we want but have you thought of what KO wants?

IMO KO wants out. Why would he want to stay on a (currently)bad team with TT breathing down his neck? where the fans are just waiting for a reason to boo him off the feild? KO has a small cult following but thats around 10% TT around 80% and another 10% who are ok with either.

with every failed 3rd down , redzone, unavoided pass rush and loss the angry mob will grow louder and louder... why would he even want that? Hes not a denver native, this is a business and its in his best interest to take his talents to a team that has some chance to make it to the playoffs... a team with decent D and decent rungame where he knows hes the starter. Like the vikings or whoever is in the same boat.

What about the organization? you think they want to spend 8 mil for a 1 year QB in a season where no one gives them a chance at making the playoffs? THAT WOULD BE LAUGHABLE. They have 8 mil in value to address other needs which are plenty. KO is NOT a franchise QB worth 16 mil and this year would be his last in denver for sure anyway.. if we must part then let me get 8 mil in value NOW instead of nothing later.

Also there is no better time to try out your 1rst round QB if he cant hack it then no harm done, we didnt expect to get to the playoffs anyway. If TT sucks then go after another in the next draft.

Not because Orton sucks, Not because TT is a beast but because its just the only way that makes sense for KO the fans and the team.

IMO, as we will see soon enough, after the CBA is done Orton is out like a fat girl playing dodgeball

It's not a mystery as what Orton wants to start and it's not necessarily that he wants out of Denver. I don't think he cares if it's Denver or somewhere else he just wants to be a starter. He made it clear a few months back if he's wants to start.

I think it's a fallacy to think automatically that Orton is gone once the CBA is in place. When that takes place will play a fact in whether or not Orton is dealt. If the players and owners can't come agreement until August or later it's very doubtful imho that Orton would be traded.

rcsodak
03-08-2011, 05:39 PM

Is that a scientific poll you took to come up with your percentages? And" cult"? I don't think anybody around here is talking life/death. :coffee:

Northman
03-08-2011, 05:40 PM
I dont know what KO wants, but i know what Northman wants. More pics of Gem. :)

TXBRONC
03-08-2011, 05:43 PM
I dont know what KO wants, but i know what Northman wants. More pics of Gem. :)

Candy for the eyes. :nod:

Denver Native (Carol)
03-08-2011, 05:58 PM
I really do think everyone needs to remember that the QB is only one piece of the BIG puzzle. As great as Elway was, he basically carried the Broncos on his back to the SuperBowl 3 times, but could not win it, because there were not key players, or enough key players, around him. Also QB's who were not regarded as great have won the SB, because of the supporting cast around them - Trent Dilfer to name one. I am sure there are many more.

Bullgator
03-08-2011, 06:06 PM
My whole point is that there is alot of talk of who is better and who we want to start... im just saying we are talking about what we want but does anyone even know that KO wants to even be here?

I thought it was an original and important question... take out of it what you will.

weazel
03-08-2011, 06:31 PM
I would say trade Orton, but we dont have anyone else qualified to play the position. Then again, they start Tebow they could end up with another top 5 pick

JaxBroncoGirl
03-08-2011, 06:48 PM
So you're saying ALL teams care? :confused:

Actually NO I really do not think any of the NFL teams right now care about Orton, if they do, it would be a solid back up QB situation.....

bcbronc
03-08-2011, 06:57 PM
I care what Orton wants about as much as I care what Tebow wants...or DJ wants...or Moreno wants...or Beadles wants. They better all put their "wants" in the recycle bin beside the curb and do what the team NEEDS them to do.

Ps just witnessed top's 373 threat to leave, whether this board or others. Iirc two more claims and top gets his next night free!

SR
03-08-2011, 07:00 PM

Peyton Manning could be the Broncos QB and you'd still think Tebow is the better QB and would still lobby for him to start.

nevcraw
03-08-2011, 08:41 PM
If Orton could speak he would ask for a Jack Daniels enima and a comfy old pair of pajama jeans.

BroncoStud
03-08-2011, 11:39 PM
I really do think everyone needs to remember that the QB is only one piece of the BIG puzzle. As great as Elway was, he basically carried the Broncos on his back to the SuperBowl 3 times, but could not win it, because there were not key players, or enough key players, around him. Also QB's who were not regarded as great have won the SB, because of the supporting cast around them - Trent Dilfer to name one. I am sure there are many more.

QB is the most important position on any team, they handle all the offensive snaps and are in a leadership position.

That Trent Dilfer analogy is just a lazy assumption. The 2000 Ravens had one of the greatest defenses in NFL history and a very good running game, Dilfer did almost NOTHING to help win that Super Bowl other than check down and play it safe. That sort of defense is RARE, it's only happened maybe twice in the history on the NFL.

Just look back at Super Bowl winning QBs, other than a few average guys by far and away they are good to great players and solid leaders. Do the Packers win the Super Bowl this year if Kyle Orton is their QB - HELL no, they probably don't make the playoffs, but I promise you Denver wins more than 3 games if we have Rodgers as opposed to Orton.

QB is without a doubt the most important position on a roster and Kyle Orton isn't good enough, he's a backup.

claymore
03-08-2011, 11:46 PM
nope-- not once. . . .

Yup. Eff him. He's under contract.

HORSEPOWER 56
03-09-2011, 08:18 AM
I think Orton wants to start. I think Orton wants job security. I think Orton wants his $8 million this year. I don't think Orton wants to pack up and move again, nor do I think he wants to leave the team where, warranted or not, he put up career stats and was even talked about as a potential pro-bowler this year.

Why is the world would he want to leave Denver? More likely, he wants Tebow to contract Malaria in the Philippines on one of his missions and not be competitive for the starting job.

That's what I think Orton wants... what anyone else would want, a little security and a home.

The only "want" that matters in this case, however, is what do the Broncos want?

Bullgator
03-09-2011, 08:27 AM
I think Orton wants to start. I think Orton wants job security. I think Orton wants his $8 million this year. I don't think Orton wants to pack up and move again, nor do I think he wants to leave the team where, warranted or not, he put up career stats and was even talked about as a potential pro-bowler this year.

Why is the world would he want to leave Denver? More likely, he wants Tebow to contract Malaria in the Philippines on one of his missions and not be competitive for the starting job.

That's what I think Orton wants... what anyone else would want, a little security and a home.

The only "want" that matters in this case, however, is what do the Broncos want?

That makes sense, of course he doesnt want to be run out of denver but my point is it would be better to have a secure starting job like you said... that wont happen in denver.. his job will never be secure until TT shows hes a bust.. TT will always be breathing down his neck. every mistake and poor body language will be amplified... i wouldnt want to live out my career with all that on my shoulders... my point is he could have all those things you talked about only if he left... barring TT coming down with malaria lol

HORSEPOWER 56
03-09-2011, 08:56 AM
That makes sense, of course he doesnt want to be run out of denver but my point is it would be better to have a secure starting job like you said... that wont happen in denver.. his job will never be secure until TT shows hes a bust.. TT will always be breathing down his neck. every mistake and poor body language will be amplified... i wouldnt want to live out my career with all that on my shoulders... my point is he could have all those things you talked about only if he left... barring TT coming down with malaria lol

The problem is, he's going to face criticism and competition wherever he goes. He's Kyle Orton, not Manning or Brady so nothing is guaranteed for him. If we say, traded him to Minnesota, the fans will still call for Joe Webb if Kyle has a bad game. Likewise in Arizona. If Kyle has a bad game, they'll want Skelton or Hall, or even Derrick Anderson...

Right now, Kyle is relatively safe. He has a front office who, at least in words, has faith in him and has named him "the starter for now" which works entirely in his favor if the offseason/season is shortened by a lockout. If the team can't practice before the season, Orton will pretty much have the starting job locked up going into next season because he has experience.

This isn't to say Tebow can't/won't take over the starting job at some point, but it's strongly doubtful that they'll hand him the reigns right away without being able to evaluate him.

If the labor situation gets worked out then we, as fans, will really get to see what the truth is because Orton either will or will not be placed on the trade block and we'll listen to offers.

In short Tebow fans need to pray that the lockout doesn't happen and we get a labor deal done quickly and Orton fans need to pray that the lockout lasts until September...

At this point, I just don't care anymore. I'm focused on the draft and worrying about who our QB is this upcoming year can wait until September.

Bullgator
03-09-2011, 09:20 AM
The problem is, he's going to face criticism and competition wherever he goes. He's Kyle Orton, not Manning or Brady so nothing is guaranteed for him. If we say, traded him to Minnesota, the fans will still call for Joe Webb if Kyle has a bad game. Likewise in Arizona. If Kyle has a bad game, they'll want Skelton or Hall, or even Derrick Anderson...

Right now, Kyle is relatively safe. He has a front office who, at least in words, has faith in him and has named him "the starter for now" which works entirely in his favor if the offseason/season is shortened by a lockout. If the team can't practice before the season, Orton will pretty much have the starting job locked up going into next season because he has experience.

This isn't to say Tebow can't/won't take over the starting job at some point, but it's strongly doubtful that they'll hand him the reigns right away without being able to evaluate him.

If the labor situation gets worked out then we, as fans, will really get to see what the truth is because Orton either will or will not be placed on the trade block and we'll listen to offers.

In short Tebow fans need to pray that the lockout doesn't happen and we get a labor deal done quickly and Orton fans need to pray that the lockout lasts until September...

At this point, I just don't care anymore. I'm focused on the draft and worrying about who our QB is this upcoming year can wait until September.

CBA will be done in the next 10 days IMO

TXBRONC
03-09-2011, 11:54 AM
My whole point is that there is alot of talk of who is better and who we want to start... im just saying we are talking about what we want but does anyone even know that KO wants to even be here?

I thought it was an original and important question... take out of it what you will.

I've answered you on this. Several weeks ago he said publicly that if he stays he wants to start. Which I think it makes it crystal clear that he wants to stay unless he's not going to be the starter.

BroncoNut
03-09-2011, 12:55 PM
not really

powderaddict
03-09-2011, 01:33 PM
I'm trying to care about what Orton wants, I really am, but I just can't bring myself to do it.