PDA

View Full Version : Elway Shows Commitment By Jumping In With Both Feet

Denver Native (Carol)
03-07-2011, 08:37 PM
DENVER (CBS4) – There’s one thing fans know about Elway — he works best with the ball in his hands.

Elway made a lot of the shots when the Broncos made some tough cuts last week. He sat right in the middle of the Champ Bailey negotiations, and it’s no secret where he stands in the Kyle Orton and Tim Tebow situation.

Elway the executive isn’t afraid to stand tall in the pocket. He’s doing what he wanted to do since he retired — running the team he led to two Super Bowls. While some questioned just how committed he would be, it’s been evident by how quickly he’s jumped in with both feet.

“It’s something I love doing, it’s in my blood, and so it’s been great. Obviously we’ve had a lot of ground to cover in a short period of time because we were a little bit behind because we didn’t have a head coach at the end of the season,” Elway said. “So we’ve gone through that and got the staff in and got them kind of adjusted to Denver and our players … I’ve enjoyed every step of it so far.”

rest of article, and video on link http://denver.cbslocal.com/2011/03/07/elway-shows-commitment-by-jumping-in-with-both-feet/

broncofaninfla
03-07-2011, 08:46 PM
Very good video, thanks!!

rcsodak
03-07-2011, 08:58 PM
Can I say, publicly, that anybody that was worried about his commitment, is a moron? I mean, its not like this was a non-pd advisory position. GOOD GRIEF!
Now, that said, I can see if people were a lil nervous, with his minimal experience, but that's a far cry different from being a committed member of the Front Office.

/rant
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

dogfish
03-07-2011, 09:01 PM
forget jumping in, i want him to kick ass with both feet. . .

the draft would be a great place to start. . .

horsepig
03-07-2011, 09:03 PM
I hope Elway remembers the Super Bowl humiliations, i.e., the ones where his competivenss got us there, and then the average teams were exposed on the grand stage.

You must be tough up front!!!!!

rcsodak
03-07-2011, 09:08 PM
I hope Elway remembers the Super Bowl humiliations, i.e., the ones where his competivenss got us there, and then the average teams were exposed on the grand stage.

You must be tough up front!!!!!

Exactly.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

broncofaninfla
03-08-2011, 12:57 PM
Time will tell but I do have faith in Elway to get the job done. Just knowing Mcd is gone is a step in the right direction.