PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft BUST-O-METER

topscribe
03-04-2011, 01:02 PM
Interesting blog that will evaluate the author's top 15 bust risks. It starts with Nick Fairley:

The BUST-O-METER is back again to break down our top 15 draft bust risks. The series
of articles will look at two prospects per week breaking down why I feel they have a high
potential for busting.

http://www.mockingthedraft.com/2011/3/3/2022616/nfl-draft-bust-o-meter-15-nick-fairley

-----

HORSEPOWER 56
03-04-2011, 03:47 PM
I hate the idea of drafting a bust at #2 and there are folks that think Fairley has a good chance of being one, but from everything I've seen of him, I still want him to be the pick.

He had a phenomenal season, culminated by being the best defensive player on the field during the National Championship game. Then he went on to show that he has all the physical attributes you crave in a 3 technique at the combine and he wasn't a fluke athletically. When Warren Sapp said "he's a Safety in a 300lb lineman's body" that carried a lot of weight with me.

The only real negatives I can see to this point is the "one year wonder" factor and I guess maybe because he is friends with Jawalrus Russell (although thinking that being friends with Russell will influence Fairley's NFL career is reaching). They say he's "dirty" but did any of those guys see Suh play? Suh nearly ripped Delhomme's helmet off (with his head still in it) IN THE PRESEASON, and folks said he just got a little over-excited. Fairley is as "dirty" as I would expect from a D-lineman. I agree with him that he plays the game like it should be played.

I Eat Staples
03-04-2011, 03:52 PM
I'd honestly be worried if my D-Linemen wasn't dirty.

Northman
03-04-2011, 03:54 PM
I hate the idea of drafting a bust at #2 and there are folks that think Fairley has a good chance of being one, but from everything I've seen of him, I still want him to be the pick.

He had a phenomenal season, culminated by being the best defensive player on the field during the National Championship game. Then he went on to show that he has all the physical attributes you crave in a 3 technique at the combine and he wasn't a fluke athletically. When Warren Sapp said "he's a Safety in a 300lb lineman's body" that carried a lot of weight with me.

The only real negatives I can see to this point is the "one year wonder" factor and I guess maybe because he is friends with Jawalrus Russell (although thinking that being friends with Russell will influence Fairley's NFL career is reaching). They say he's "dirty" but did any of those guys see Suh play? Suh nearly ripped Delhomme's helmet off (with his head still in it) IN THE PRESEASON, and folks said he just got a little over-excited. Fairley is as "dirty" as I would expect from a D-lineman. I agree with him that he plays the game like it should be played.

Thank you, i was going to bring that up. In fact, Suh had not one, not two, but three different PF penalties that were all "dirty" plays this past year yet no one cried about it because he was dominating his opponents on the LOS. If Fairley can do that im all for it, Denver needs a guy with a nasty streak.

NightTerror218
03-04-2011, 03:54 PM

Fairley was called that all season and then he showed it in personal fouls after the play was called dead and he knew it. The BSC championship came caught him. Suh had that helmet thing during the play not after like Fairley.

Northman
03-04-2011, 03:56 PM
Fairley was called that all season and then he showed it in personal fouls after the play was called dead and he knew it. The BSC championship came caught him. Suh had that helmet thing during the play not after like Fairley.

So, nearly twisting the guy's head off (which could of caused a serious injury) just because it happened during the play is ok for you? :lol:

Priceless.

rcsodak
03-04-2011, 04:01 PM
Sapp calls dareus the better of the 2. They don't need a 300# safety, but a 300# LOS disrupter!
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

SOCALORADO.
03-04-2011, 04:30 PM
Sapp calls dareus the better of the 2. They don't need a 300# safety, but a 300# LOS disrupter!

But! Dareus could, according to sports science STILL play safety when called upon. Just sayin....
:welcome:

SOCALORADO.
03-04-2011, 04:30 PM

And i also agree with Sapp. Dareus is the better of the 2.

NightTerror218
03-04-2011, 05:01 PM
So, nearly twisting the guy's head off (which could of caused a serious injury) just because it happened during the play is ok for you? :lol:

Priceless.

During a play you can claim he was a little over zealous but after the play is a cheap shot...during a play its a little too much emotion some could say....and Suh said after the helmet thing... he didnt know the ball was out

Northman
03-04-2011, 05:29 PM
During a play you can claim he was a little over zealous but after the play is a cheap shot...during a play its a little too much emotion some could say....and Suh said after the helmet thing... he didnt know the ball was out

Over zealous? HE TWISTED THE GUYS HEAD AROUND! It had nothing to do with the ball there. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sorry, he also had two other instances of cheap shots last season. The guy is a dirty player, period.