PDA

View Full Version : Free Agent Targets If We Wanna Win Now

WARHORSE
03-03-2011, 10:45 PM
Looking at our roster, man......the cubboard is BARE in the DL department with the release of Banaan and Williams, and the leaving of Fields who is unrestricted if we dont resign him.

Even if Ayers plays DE or a rush tackle, we still dont have what we need.

Dumerville is listed at LBer, and at 248 lbs and coming off a serious pectoral tear, I definitely dont see him in a three down role.

The new CBA will most likely allow four year players to hit the market. That means Charles Johnson of the Panthers will be an unrestricted free agent.

Wonder if Asomugha would consider working with Champ?:coffee:

Sign Johnson, and draft Dline with the first pick. Dareus or Fairley.

Yeah right. One thing about the tenure of McD, I believe we sit well in cap room if the cap is reinstituted.

If we got Fairley or Dareus, plus signed Johnson i.....added a mean LBer and safety plus a serviceable TE, then we would be capable of changing the scenery around here.

We got about 10 LBers on our roster, two of them will move to DE....(Ayers and Doom)

Of course, we could draft Peterson at 2, then Marvin Austin at 36, to go with Johnson, and that would help out the D alot as far as overall ability.

I believe the Broncos number one target in FAgency will be Charles Johnson.

He is in his prime at 25 and coming off a great season in his fourth year.

Carolina was dumb for not franchising him imo.

Thoughts? What else are ya gonna do?:D

dogfish
03-03-2011, 11:01 PM
it's tough to say without knowing how the draft goes, but IMO steven tulloch and brandon mebane are the obvious choices. . . not that i'd complain about johnson either, but tackle is a significantly greater worry IMO-- as of right now, we basically don't have any. . . got plenty of ends, even if none of 'em besides dumervil are any good. . .

we also have no legitimate 43 middle linebacker on the roster, so give me tulloch so we don't have to make do with DJ, mays or haggan. . .

we could also use help at TE. . .

and the one guy i myself would make an absolute must have? hybrid FB/HB leron mcclain from baltimore. . .

:salute:

UnderArmour
03-03-2011, 11:05 PM
Here's who we target:

DLine(interior): Brandon Mebane, Tommie Harris, Amobi Okoye(potential trade target?)
DE: Vernon Gholston(Worth taking a flier on), Mathias Kiwanaka, Matt Roth
Safety: Michael Huff, Eric Weddle, Danieal Manning, George Wilson, Donte Whitner, Melvin Bullitt, Abram Elam, Roman Harper, Dawan Landry
CB: Richard Marshall

We -DO NOT- pursue Aso. We probably do not pursue Charles Johnson, but I wouldn't be upset if we did. DeAngelo Williams is worth targetting for his high price tag to give us an actual running game but outside of him and Zach Miller, there really aren't any offensive players worth adding.

One thing I do like about Fox is that he gives us a legitimate chance to sign quality free agents because he isn't an ******* like McDaniels. This is the offseason to get help at safety. Nothing against Dawkins or Hill, but they simply are not worth keeping with the young options on the market this year.

ikillz0mbies
03-03-2011, 11:10 PM
I'd love to have Charles Johnson or Richard Marshall.

Weddle or Huff would help out with the secondary big time (especially Weddle, but I doubt the Chargers let him go even though they signed the Colonel).

Tommie Harris has been on a steep decline. I'd give Okoye a shot. I loved him coming out of college so I'd take a flier on him, NOT Gholston though.

Lonestar
03-03-2011, 11:15 PM
Sorry folks but It is a rebuilding year so do not expect much inthe way of FA pickups.

Unless they have long term potential and are moderately priced. I think they bite the bullet and build via the draft.

We have 4 picks inside the 70th pick. That if we are lucky is a great starting place with another 2'or 3 next year on top of the few we have from the past 4 years give us an excellent base for decades to come.

IMHO
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

ikillz0mbies
03-03-2011, 11:19 PM
Sorry folks but It is a rebuilding year so do not expect much inthe way of FA pickups.

Unless they have long term potential and are moderately priced. I think they bite the bullet and build via the draft.

We have 4 picks inside the 70th pick. That if we are lucky is a great starting place with another 2'or 3 next year on top of the few we have from the past 4 years give us an excellent base for decades to come.

IMHO

True, but I do expect them to pickup a D-lineman in the FA market for a veteran presence. But I also expect them to draft a couple of D-linemen with those first couple of picks.

UnderArmour
03-03-2011, 11:20 PM
I'd love to have Charles Johnson or Richard Marshall.

Weddle or Huff would help out with the secondary big time (especially Weddle, but I doubt the Chargers let him go even though they signed the Colonel).

Tommie Harris has been on a steep decline. I'd give Okoye a shot. I loved him coming out of college so I'd take a flier on him, NOT Gholston though.

Gholston could likely be signed for close to the minimum so I don't see where the risk is. He was never meant to play in a 3-4, having played in a 4-3 in college; some players just do not fit into both schemes. I also do not see Eric Weddle resigning with the Chargers after the way AJ Smith has treated players in San Diego. AJ will have to pay above market value to retain guys like Weddle from now on.

ikillz0mbies
03-03-2011, 11:23 PM
If the Broncos can sign Weddle to a reasonable deal away from the Chargers, that immediately helps the secondary big time. I'd love to have him and I know that a lot of people here loved him coming out of college, hoping the Broncos would pick him up.

WARHORSE
03-04-2011, 12:18 AM
it's tough to say without knowing how the draft goes, but IMO steven tulloch and brandon mebane are the obvious choices. . . not that i'd complain about johnson either, but tackle is a significantly greater worry IMO-- as of right now, we basically don't have any. . . got plenty of ends, even if none of 'em besides dumervil are any good. . .

we also have no legitimate 43 middle linebacker on the roster, so give me tulloch so we don't have to make do with DJ, mays or haggan. . .

we could also use help at TE. . .

and the one guy i myself would make an absolute must have? hybrid FB/HB leron mcclain from baltimore. . .

:salute:

Yeah, I see your point. I think Mebane is gonna be signed though. And yes, tackle is now primary since we let go of both Williams and Banaan.

Fox said he'll draft the best player regardless of position. I can see us drafting Fairley, Quinn, Dareus, Bowers or Peterson. Peterson is a far stretch.

Personally Id rather have Quinn, and then DT in the second round, but we'll see. DT is huge in the 4-3 defense.

Lonestar
03-04-2011, 12:53 AM
True, but I do expect them to pickup a D-lineman in the FA market for a veteran presence. But I also expect them to draft a couple of D-linemen with those first couple of picks.

As I said I do not see them doing someting short term.

The fan base will understand if they are young and gutsy.

As long as they show improvement from week to week there will Be no revolt.

I know in years past we always got a player on the very most downhill part of their career. And usually overpaid for them and carried dead cap space for half of their original contract time frame.

I hope that at some time we get to he point were some of these vets that get cut because of their huge contracts will come to DEN like they have been going to NE and anchors there D in particular during most of those title years for them.

That means we have a winning Program.

Magnificent Seven
03-04-2011, 12:59 AM
1. Draft Bowers

2. Trade someone for Patrick Peterson

3. Sign Nnamdi Asomugha

dogfish
03-04-2011, 02:13 AM
Yeah, I see your point. I think Mebane is gonna be signed though. And yes, tackle is now primary since we let go of both Williams and Banaan.

Fox said he'll draft the best player regardless of position. I can see us drafting Fairley, Quinn, Dareus, Bowers or Peterson. Peterson is a far stretch.

Personally Id rather have Quinn, and then DT in the second round, but we'll see. DT is huge in the 4-3 defense.

at this point, i'd be more than fine with DT in the first and with one of those seconds. . . and not that a blue chip end isn't worth acquiring, but it just doesn't make sense to me when we have doom on one side, and haven't seen what ayers can do as a down lineman yet-- while we quite literally have zero at DT. . .

somebody gotta get in there and stop the run! otherwise all the edge rushers in the world are useless to you. . . this D needs rebuilt right up the middle if we ever want to get to third and long when you can really unleash the dogs. . .

1. Draft Bowers

2. Trade someone for Patrick Peterson

3. Sign Nnamdi Asomugha

and fill the tackle spot with third- and fourth-rate stiffs yet again. . .

no. . .

we've seen that movie, and it sucks. . .

john fox isn't doing that-- not happening. . .

cuzz4169
03-04-2011, 02:40 AM
I wouldn't be shocked if Kris Jenkins got a look by Fox if Jets cut him. Fox always had a Veteran DT in his lineup...ex: Brentson Buckner, Damione Lewis, Hollis Thomas.
he's an old John Fox guy also...Would be a great add if healthy could play the NT position the one technique in the 4-3.

silkamilkamonico
03-04-2011, 04:08 AM
Thoughts? What else are ya gonna do?:D

I don't like patchworking to win now. You overpay for mid level players, and what's "win now" for the Broncos? 9-7? There aren't any collective group of players that we could realistically get that is going to help us compete for a SuperBowl.

Find a way to get picks. Start building through the draft. Evaluate the young players on our team and see what their future is. Make them your priority.

It's time to actually build something in Denver, and not continuously plug hole after hole that holds the damn back, because the dam of the Denver Broncos has been crumbling for some time now.

Sacrifice an 8-8 record for something that is going to be a mainstay and eventually turn into 12 win seasons and playoff wins.

WARHORSE
03-04-2011, 05:02 AM
at this point, i'd be more than fine with DT in the first and with one of those seconds. . . and not that a blue chip end isn't worth acquiring, but it just doesn't make sense to me when we have doom on one side, and haven't seen what ayers can do as a down lineman yet-- while we quite literally have zero at DT. . .

somebody gotta get in there and stop the run! otherwise all the edge rushers in the world are useless to you. . . this D needs rebuilt right up the middle if we ever want to get to third and long when you can really unleash the dogs. . .

and fill the tackle spot with third- and fourth-rate stiffs yet again. . .

no. . .

we've seen that movie, and it sucks. . .

john fox isn't doing that-- not happening. . .

I cant say that I disagree with the knowledge that we need some stout bodies up the gut of the defense. But stopping the run is every bit as important at the edges, and if you can get a Dwight Freeney, you dont pass.

Thats my opium of course. Quinn is gonna be special imo.

I do think that Fox will want big DTs though.

I cant say as I believe Ayers is gonna step into the DE spot and thrive.

I think he'll be fine against the run and serviceable against the pass.

Doom is not going to be a cog on first and second downs.

Anyway, it will be one of those players we draft.

SOCALORADO.
03-04-2011, 08:55 AM
ILB Steven Tullock will break the bank. Hes going to get a huge contract from someone. Too much $$.
DEN can address the MLB position through the draft. There is a couple strong players to choose from. Martez Wilson being the favorite.
Move DJ to WIL draft MWilson for MLB, and pick up FA SAM LB James Anderson, Panthers. Has been a great player and will love to play for FOx. Also CAR has made it known they are not going to try to re-sign him. They are loaded at LB.

I would love to get Brandon Mebane or Eric Weddle, but i think its a pipe dream. However, DT/DE Barry Cofield NYG, is looking more and more like he will hit the open market.
He would be an incredible signing for DEN. As would Roman Harper at SS. Let Dawkins walk, or become a coach.

J.Anderson SAM
B.Cofield DT/DE
R.Harper SS

rcsodak
03-04-2011, 09:08 AM
This must mean you want Orton to start?

nevcraw
03-04-2011, 11:58 AM
don't have the love for weddle that some here do.. to me he's a back up at best..

NightTerror218
03-04-2011, 12:27 PM

IMHO

Fox already said that you build a team through the draft....so I foresee our key players will always come from there while we are under Fox. And add depth through FA.

rcsodak
03-04-2011, 12:30 PM
Figure fox & co are gonna sign 2 Fa's only.
Money doesn't grow on trees and they will want to address where they don't think they can in the draft.

That said....who do they target?

NightTerror218
03-04-2011, 12:35 PM
Money doesn't grow on trees and they will want to address where they don't think they can in the draft.

I can see them signing a couple DL, TE, S, LB and RB. So 7 FAs. Fox needs to find a power runner, he needs a TE since he likes to run 2 TE and the rest are gaps that need to be filled on defense. We only have 6 draft picks and the 6th and 7th rounds prob wont start.

NightTerror218
03-04-2011, 12:39 PM
ILB Steven Tullock will break the bank. Hes going to get a huge contract from someone. Too much $$.
DEN can address the MLB position through the draft. There is a couple strong players to choose from. Martez Wilson being the favorite.
Move DJ to WIL draft MWilson for MLB, and pick up FA SAM LB James Anderson, Panthers. Has been a great player and will love to play for FOx. Also CAR has made it known they are not going to try to re-sign him. They are loaded at LB.

I would love to get Brandon Mebane or Eric Weddle, but i think its a pipe dream. However, DT/DE Barry Cofield NYG, is looking more and more like he will hit the open market.
He would be an incredible signing for DEN. As would Roman Harper at SS. Let Dawkins walk, or become a coach.

J.Anderson SAM
B.Cofield DT/DE
R.Harper SS

I wonder if Weddle will become more available since Bob Sanders is planning to sign with the Chargers?

rcsodak
03-04-2011, 12:51 PM
I wonder if Weddle will become more available since Bob Sanders is planning to sign with the Chargers?

What has weddle done, to garner so much attention?

SOCALORADO.
03-04-2011, 01:19 PM
What has weddle done, to garner so much attention?

In the SD defense, both safeties are asked to play in the box alot and he is very good at it. He can drop the hammer, cover TEs and even play nickel in a pinch. And yet Weddle is versatile enough to cover as a pure centerfield FS. He was a CB/FS in college and was a really good one.
He has taken a bit longer to find his feet at the NFL level, but hes a solid safety. Hes also very young, and has alot of years left.
I wouldnt break the bank for him though.

WARHORSE
03-04-2011, 01:51 PM
One thing I love about Bowlen, he really wants to win, and he knows his job is to open his wallet.

Bowlen badly wants to change the public perception of the team, and Im sure hes gonna back up John all the way in what he wants to do.

John is no dummy, and I think he will make a couple of well thought out moves in free agency, and then draft some great players.

Im feelin it.
BRONCOS BABY!

NightTerror218
03-04-2011, 01:56 PM
One thing I love about Bowlen, he really wants to win, and he knows his job is to open his wallet.

Bowlen badly wants to change the public perception of the team, and Im sure hes gonna back up John all the way in what he wants to do.

John is no dummy, and I think he will make a couple of well thought out moves in free agency, and then draft some great players.

Im feelin it.
BRONCOS BABY!

The last few years the Broncos have been well below player CAP....so I am hoping that Bowlen will open his wallet up a little bit more, and players are being release and so some bonus money is being saved....lets try to get us some good YOUNG talent....no more old farts.....thank god MCD is gone or else he might have gone after Farve:tsk:

rcsodak
03-04-2011, 02:12 PM
The last few years the Broncos have been well below player CAP....so I am hoping that Bowlen will open his wallet up a little bit more, and players are being release and so some bonus money is being saved....lets try to get us some good YOUNG talent....no more old farts.....thank god MCD is gone or else he might have gone after Farve:tsk:

I can see them signing a couple DL, TE, S, LB and RB. So 7 FAs. Fox needs to find a power runner, he needs a TE since he likes to run 2 TE and the rest are gaps that need to be filled on defense. We only have 6 draft picks and the 6th and 7th rounds prob wont start.
Hard to do one without the other.

HORSEPOWER 56
03-04-2011, 03:04 PM
This is the best list of FAs I've been able to find.

http://www.kffl.com/static/nfl/features/freeagents/fa.php?option=All&y=2011

When the hell did we sign Chevis Jackson? He's listed on the roster (#29). Wasn't he supposed to be a pretty good CB coming our of college a few years ago? Strange, I remember nothing about signing this guy...:confused:

Okay, so the home sight says we claimed him off waivers on Dec 20th. So, I guess that's one more young CB on the roster (he's 25).

Okay back-to-topic...

Guys I'd look at in FA (I'm not saying sign all of them but these are guys that I'd talk to):

RB - Michael Bush, Ronnie Brown, Laron McClain, Deangelo Williams
DT - Barry Cofield, Brandon Mebane (will cost a 3rd - can you say trade for Orton?), Cullen Jenkins, Marcus Spears
DE - Ray Edwards, Matthias Kiwanuka, Darryl Tapp, Charles Johnson
LB - Stephen Tulloch, Barrett Ruud, Leroy Hill, Ben Leber, Paul Posluszny, Clint Session
S - Roman Harper, Chinedum Ndukwe, Brodney Pool, Donte Witner, Eric Weddle
CB - Richard Marshall, Kelly Jennings, Jonathan Joseph, Carlos Rodgers, Eric Wright.

There are a ton of FAs out there with some teams scared to resign their own people. Many of them are still young and are coming off of their rookie contracts, not old and worn out like most years. If we're smart and savvy, we can probably pick up some really good players in FA that will be productive a long time and won't break the bank.

NightTerror218
03-04-2011, 03:14 PM

When the hell did we sign Chevis Jackson? He's listed on the roster (#29). Wasn't he supposed to be a pretty good CB coming our of college a few years ago? Strange, I remember nothing about signing this guy...:confused:

Okay, so the home sight says we claimed him off waivers on Dec 20th. So, I guess that's one more young CB on the roster (he's 25).

Okay back-to-topic...

Guys I'd look at in FA (I'm not saying sign all of them but these are guys that I'd talk to):

DT - Barry Cofield, Brandon Mebane (will cost a 3rd - can you say trade for Orton?), Cullen Jenkins, Marcus Spears
LB - Stephen Tulloch, Barrett Ruud, Leroy Hill, Ben Leber, Paul Posluszny, Clint Session
CB - Richard Marshall, Kelly Jennings, Jonathan Joseph, Carlos Rodgers, Eric Wright.

There are a ton of FAs out there with some teams scared to resign their own people. Many of them are still young and are coming off of their rookie contracts, not old and worn out like most years. If we're smart and savvy, we can probably pick up some really good players in FA that will be productive a long time and won't break the bank.

I am hoping for some YOUNG GUNS....anyone in mid 20s I am happy with :D

Chevis Jackson was a resent sign he played with Jacksonville in 2010
I am hoping with all the cuts that we can get some key guys to fill some voids that the draft wont.

SOCALORADO.
03-04-2011, 03:55 PM

Okay back-to-topic...

Just these 3 highlighted players alone, would completely remake the defense and along with a solid draft, DEN could feasibly be right back into reputable territory in regards to the division. The draft could be then opened up a bit since DEN would have an incredible front 4, and some rotational players as well. Thats why i am so open to FA this year. I dont want to go crazy though. Teams always overpay for FA's.
Also your missing one of the most sought after FA out there
SAM James Anderson. CAR has made it known that they are overloaded at LB, and wont be looking to re-sign him. Perfect fit in DEN.

rcsodak
03-04-2011, 04:39 PM
In the SD defense, both safeties are asked to play in the box alot and he is very good at it. He can drop the hammer, cover TEs and even play nickel in a pinch. And yet Weddle is versatile enough to cover as a pure centerfield FS. He was a CB/FS in college and was a really good one.
He has taken a bit longer to find his feet at the NFL level, but hes a solid safety. Hes also very young, and has alot of years left.
I wouldnt break the bank for him though.
You just described half the S's out there. Lol

CoachChaz
03-04-2011, 05:16 PM
This love affair with Weddle is interesting. Not saying I love or hate the guy or that he's a future star or loser, but it's interesting the focus is on him.

Wanna build through the draft? Get some more picks. Sign Johnson and trade Doom. Undersized player coming off of a chest injury who has proven he cant handle the DE spot for anything other than 3rd down. Get what you can for him and build from the draft.

It will be an unpopular option, but it's still an option. Personally, I prefer DE's that can play all 3 downs. Johnson can do it and I really believe Ayers can do it. Doom cant

NightTerror218
03-04-2011, 05:23 PM
This love affair with Weddle is interesting. Not saying I love or hate the guy or that he's a future star or loser, but it's interesting the focus is on him.

Wanna build through the draft? Get some more picks. Sign Johnson and trade Doom. Undersized player coming off of a chest injury who has proven he cant handle the DE spot for anything other than 3rd down. Get what you can for him and build from the draft.

It will be an unpopular option, but it's still an option. Personally, I prefer DE's that can play all 3 downs. Johnson can do it and I really believe Ayers can do it. Doom cant

Look at the other years doom was at DE he did very well. He can play 3 downs and was very well proven at DE. 12.5 sacks as a DE....damn that sucks....kick him to curb. he is the same type of player as mathis....the quick smaller DE in 4-3 scheme but he was also an outstanding converted LB. There are plenty of other players I think should get traded for picks but not doom.

SOCALORADO.
03-04-2011, 06:00 PM
Look at the other years doom was at DE he did very well. He can play 3 downs and was very well proven at DE. 12.5 sacks as a DE....damn that sucks....kick him to curb. he is the same type of player as mathis....the quick smaller DE in 4-3 scheme but he was also an outstanding converted LB. There are plenty of other players I think should get traded for picks but not doom.

Chaz has never been a Doom fan, since hes a 1 trick pony.
Sorta the opposite of sodaks love affair with Al Gore.

Buff
03-04-2011, 06:03 PM

Indy couldn't stop the run for a number of years with Mathis and Freeney.

No one denies Elvis' pass-rushing abilities.

dogfish
03-04-2011, 06:07 PM

did you mean frank gore, or did you intend to say al?

:confused:

underrated29
03-04-2011, 07:03 PM
did you mean frank gore, or did you intend to say al?

:confused:

I think

top/orton
JR/mcdaniels
Beef/cornhole
gem/:gem:

would have been better analogies.

rcsodak
03-04-2011, 08:32 PM
Careful, bc will yell at you.

tomjonesrocks
03-05-2011, 09:42 AM
As far as FA goes, if we again go into the season with Moreno as the only viable ballcarrier (if you can call him that, I don't) I'll be pissed. All Fox wants to do is run the ball. Watching Moreno carry 25 times for 65 yards for 16 games is going to be pretty lame.

Assuming a viable starting RB will be tough to get after all the defensive players are taken in the draft I feel a RB should be the #1 priority in FA.

spikerman
03-05-2011, 10:28 AM

Coach, normally I agree with your takes, but in this case I would much rather trade Ayers than Dumervil if one of them was to go. While it's true that Dumervil has problems against the run, he is a proven difference maker at the NFL-level whereas, in my opinion, Ayers has shown very little at this level. True, he has been out of position, but even when asked to hold the edge or rush the passer he hasn't shown the effort that it takes to succeed. That may improve with a position change, but it might not.

Lonestar
03-05-2011, 11:43 AM
Actually Ayers is damned good at setting the edge and run defense.

As far as getting to the passer late in his rookie year he was a half step away from getting to the QB with doom being there first.

Which means that the combo wil be putting heat from both directions which is good, I do not care who gets the credit for the sack, pressure or FF as long as we get them.

SoCalImport
03-05-2011, 11:56 AM

As far as getting to the passer late in his rookie year he was a half step away from getting to the QB with doom being there first.

Which means that the combo wil be putting heat from both directions which is good, I do not care who gets the credit for the sack, pressure or FF as long as we get them.

Agreed.
If Ayres was coming out of Tenn this year then he might be in the discusion as a guy we could trade down and still get in the first round. He was beast at DE.

spikerman
03-05-2011, 11:59 AM

I pay a lot of money for the Sunday Ticket so I can watch every snap of every Broncos' game and I can confidently say that Ayers has not excelled in any part of the game at the NFL level so far. He's had his moments, but not enough to know that he is the answer. As I've said before, it may not be a talent issue, it looks more like an effort problem so far. The good thing is that effort can be fixed.

Ravage!!!
03-05-2011, 12:04 PM
The NFL is about Passing and getting TO the passer! Your DEs better be good at getting TO the passer more than stopping the run.

Ayers hasn't proved to be anything yet. As of right now, he's considered a flop from where he was drafted, but this is his season to prove otherwise. Lets hope for the best because we NEED him to step his game up in a big big way.

rcsodak
03-05-2011, 01:39 PM
The NFL is about Passing and getting TO the passer! Your DEs better be good at getting TO the passer more than stopping the run.

Ayers hasn't proved to be anything yet. As of right now, he's considered a flop from where he was drafted, but this is his season to prove otherwise. Lets hope for the best because we NEED him to step his game up in a big big way.
I don't think ayers is a flop at de. Coaches said he was always the 2nd player to the qb, in the 43. He was a monster in the Tenn game. He, as any young player, just needs some stability around him...a coach for more than a year...better players next to him. If they hit it with some stud Dlinemen, and allen proves to be a decent dc, maybe ayers can prove his doubters wrong before he moves to another team and does.

SmilinAssasSin27
03-05-2011, 02:09 PM

Panther FAs who he trusts.

I wouldn't be shocked to see him ignore MLB spot in 2011 and push hard for Beason who is a 2012 FA.

spikerman
03-05-2011, 02:20 PM
If they hit it with some stud Dlinemen, and allen proves to be a decent dc, maybe ayers can prove his doubters wrong before he moves to another team and does.

I sincerely hope that this is what happens. :beer:

SmilinAssasSin27
03-05-2011, 02:20 PM
I hope to god we don't overpay in Free Agency. We should re-sign our guys who we want long term. And by "our guys", I do mean any Broncos AND Panthers who fit that description. The franchise is familiar w/ the current Denver players and our coach is familiar with the Panthers. I want people who know the organization and the system being run. No to Thomas Davis, but I'm fine with whatever else Fox wants to do w/ any Panthers he wants to bring...as long as DJ goes back to WILL.

SpringsBroncoFan
03-05-2011, 05:41 PM

J.Anderson SAM
B.Cofield DT/DE
R.Harper SS

Giants put a 2nd round tender on Cofield so it could cost us a 2nd round pick unless a new CBA voids it. I'd rather just spend a 2nd on a DT this year...

Panthers put a tender on Anderson too... but wouldn't say what it was...

Depends how Broncos grade him but LB Wilson might be the best avail at #46. He could fit in at SAM... Moore & Ryan Williams would grade higher at 36 though. Wilson probably grades favorably with Austin & Bailey though.

If the guy can be healthy best FA choice might be Jamar Williams, he's an unrestricted FA & Fox already likes him... He'd fill right in at MLB.