View Full Version : Broncos DO NOT Re-sign Maroney

LTC Pain
03-03-2011, 03:23 PM
Per the DP.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_17530811

BigSarge87
03-03-2011, 03:27 PM
No brainer of the offseason.

McD has got to be licking his chops right now!!!

dogfish
03-03-2011, 04:02 PM
thank gawd!

hands down the worst RB i've ever seen in a broncos uniform. . .

I Eat Staples
03-03-2011, 04:25 PM
Maroney is trash, no brainer. The Patriots are mailing McD a thank you card for the 4th round pick he kindly donated to them. And people actually supported this move at the time, what an utter joke.

Northman
03-03-2011, 04:52 PM
This is where i say "thank god".

camdisco24
03-03-2011, 04:59 PM
What a waste of a 4th round pick.......

frauschieze
03-03-2011, 05:09 PM
I wish we could go back in time so that the headline read, "Broncos DO NOT sign Maroney".

Edmonton Bronco Fan
03-03-2011, 05:30 PM
Takin' the trash out.

Dreadnought
03-03-2011, 05:42 PM
Another fine day!

dogfish
03-03-2011, 06:14 PM
ZOMG, elway era = trainwreck!!!111!!!11

seriously, i want to amend my earlier statement-- i honestly think he was the worst running back i've ever seen in ANY professional uniform. . .

it absolutely kills me to think that pea-brained excuse for a coach actually gave away hillis for nothing and then traded for maroney. . .

Magnificent Seven
03-03-2011, 06:32 PM
Looks like they are getting rid of Josh McDaniels' players and ex patriots players.

jhildebrand
03-03-2011, 08:20 PM
He was such a bargain for a 4th :rolleyes:

Thnikkaman
03-03-2011, 08:30 PM
thank gawd!

hands down the worst RB i've ever seen in a broncos uniform. . .

Worse than this?

http://blogs.kansascity.com/photos/uncategorized/maurice_clarett_with_jersey.jpg

dogfish
03-03-2011, 08:32 PM
Worse than this?

http://blogs.kansascity.com/photos/uncategorized/maurice_clarett_with_jersey.jpg

as a person, probably not. . .

as a running back?

yea, you know the answer to that. . .

:D

HORSEPOWER 56
03-03-2011, 08:56 PM
Worse than this?

At least he could drink like a Champion...

He could do something right, unlike Maroney...

I Eat Staples
03-03-2011, 09:57 PM
Worse than this?

He would have been a good player if he wasn't so...him. Maroney just sucks.

Dzone
03-03-2011, 09:59 PM
Maroney will probably emerge as a star with another team and the patriots will get an all-pro with that draft pick they got.

rcsodak
03-04-2011, 09:15 AM
ZOMG, elway era = trainwreck!!!111!!!11

seriously, i want to amend my earlier statement-- i honestly think he was the worst running back i've ever seen in ANY professional uniform. . .

it absolutely kills me to think that pea-brained excuse for a coach actually gave away hillis for nothing and then traded for maroney. . .
Backup qb>backup rb.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

rcsodak
03-04-2011, 09:16 AM
Looks like they are getting rid of Josh McDaniels' players and ex patriots players.Translation:looks like fox is doing what all new HC's do.

claymore
03-04-2011, 10:27 AM
This was one of McD's better moves.

jhildebrand
03-04-2011, 11:35 AM
Backup qb>backup rb.

The only problem with your equation is Hillis isn't a back up in Cleveland. :coffee:

rcsodak
03-04-2011, 11:46 AM
The only problem with your equation is Hillis isn't a back up in Cleveland. :coffee:Hindsight. He was in denver.

BroncoStud
03-04-2011, 12:02 PM
Looks like they are getting rid of Josh McDaniels' players and ex patriots players.

Probably a good idea after 4-12.

dogfish
03-04-2011, 02:23 PM
Backup qb>backup rb.

yea. . . the useless backup QB that doesn't even deserve to be on an NFL roster is more valuable than the RB that cranked out 1,500 yards and a dozen TDs this year. . .

:2thumbs:

rcsodak
03-04-2011, 02:32 PM
yea. . . the useless backup QB that doesn't even deserve to be on an NFL roster is more valuable than the RB that cranked out 1,500 yards and a dozen TDs this year. . .

:2thumbs:
C'mon, dog. AT THE TIME!
Take hindsight out of the equation.

vandammage13
03-04-2011, 02:41 PM
36 Rushing att for 74 yds (2.4 YPC), 4 Rec for 50 yds, 0 TDs, 1 fumble...in exchange for a 4th round pick.

List of a few players taken in the 4th Round:
CB Asante Samuel
WR Andre Reed
DE Jared Allen
WR Cris Carter

Hopefully a good lesson has been learned and the new regime won't pass out draft picks like candy.

jhildebrand
03-04-2011, 02:56 PM
Hindsight. He was in denver.

For one regime he was. For another he became starter and would have remained the starter.

I guess that is why one certain coach is now a backup-moves like Hillis!

In fact, no one single move defines the McDaniels era-if you can call it that-than the Hillis move.

By the way where is Bosco? :confused: Did he follow McDaniels over to St. Louis? IIRC, he insisted the 4th was a great value for Maroney.

jhildebrand
03-04-2011, 02:59 PM
C'mon, dog. AT THE TIME!

Hindsight has NOTHING to do with it. In fact, you are all but completely ignoring the fact that Hillis didn't play for 'other reasons.' Had McDaniels had a best player plays policy instead of "his guys" than who knows how things would have turned out. To insist hindsight has anything to do with it or lessens the sting of trade is simply silly. It was clear to even the most casual fans just how much a force Hillis was.

Again, there is a reason one player is now an unquestioned starter and one coach is now a backup.

NightTerror218
03-04-2011, 03:00 PM
For one regime he was. For another he became starter and would have remained the starter.

I guess that is why one certain coach is now a backup-moves like Hillis!

In fact, no one single move defines the McDaniels era-if you can call it that-than the Hillis move.

By the way where is Bosco? :confused: Did he follow McDaniels over to St. Louis? IIRC, he insisted the 4th was a great value for Maroney.

he took an 8-8 team and made a 4-12 team......many many many bad moves

dogfish
03-04-2011, 05:20 PM
C'mon, dog. AT THE TIME!

i am. . . i said at the time that hillis was a good player with a lot of potential and value, and quinn was garbage. . .

Ravage!!!
03-04-2011, 05:59 PM
i am. . . i said at the time that hillis was a good player with a lot of potential and value, and quinn was garbage. . .

Exactly. Many of us did and knew from the get-go that not only trading away Hillis, but trading away Hillis AND another pick for Brady Quinn was about as stupid as you can get. We paid the Browns to take the better player off our hands, and WE KNEW HILLIS was the better player!

There are only 3 people on this MB that would even try an attempt of defending that moronic move.

NightTerror218
03-04-2011, 06:21 PM
Could you just imagine having that 3rd round draft pick right now?

rcsodak
03-04-2011, 08:47 PM
No, he was riding the bench, dog. You're mixing your feelings with reality.
So, a backup rb was traded for a backup qb. At the time, it made sense.
Personal feelings just muddle up the facts.

rcsodak
03-04-2011, 08:49 PM
Exactly. Many of us did and knew from the get-go that not only trading away Hillis, but trading away Hillis AND another pick for Brady Quinn was about as stupid as you can get. We paid the Browns to take the better player off our hands, and WE KNEW HILLIS was the better player!

There are only 3 people on this MB that would even try an attempt of defending that moronic move.
Really? 3? Would you like to name them? I bet you'd be wrong, rav.

rcsodak
03-04-2011, 08:49 PM
Could you just imagine having that 3rd round draft pick right now?What 3rd rd pick?

dogfish
03-04-2011, 11:12 PM

my ass!

i'm not mixing anything. . . hillis started six games for us in '08, please don't act like no one had any idea what he was capable of. . . we all saw that the kid could play. . . anyone that's a regular on this board should know that i was royally pissed when we traded hillis for quinn, i made no secret of it at the time. . .

this attempt to make it seem that hillis was a big secret or mystery that no one knew about at the time is just a lame attempt to defend a shitty coach through revisionist history. . . plenty of people understood at that time that hillis was a player with a LOT of potential. . .

here, check out this poll (http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27775) from late november '08 where 57% said that hillis was either good enough to be our starter, our at least might be good enough. . . he wasn't some unknown backup that none of us had ever seen play. . . maybe you didn't think he had value, or didn't have any opinion on him at all-- but that doesn't mean it's how i felt. . .

Poet
03-04-2011, 11:15 PM

I was a proponent of McD for most of his tenure, and even I thought that trade was awful.

A lot of people, and I would say most, thought Hillis was a good player who should be on the field.

He was a backup, but he was only a backup because McD made an error, a very large error at that.

That being said, just because McD made that error does not mean that it justifies trading a good and potentially great RB who was riding pine for one of the worst players in the NFL.

jhildebrand
03-04-2011, 11:47 PM
Before the Falcons got waxed at home this year in the playoffs, their only loss at home during the Matt Ryan era came at the hands and feet of one Peyton Hillis. It was that game and the Jets game in the same season that created Hillis mania.

Hindsight has nothing to do with it. In fact, the continued insistance that it is hindsight/Hillis was some unknown backup is a misguided attempt to deflect criticism from McDaniels (when it no longer matters) if not revise history altogether!

Almost any unbiased, objective observer will tell you Hillis wasn't playing for reasons BESIDES his ability/play.

By the way where is Bosco these days? :checks rams boards:

rcsodak
03-05-2011, 01:24 PM
I was a proponent of McD for most of his tenure, and even I thought that trade was awful.

A lot of people, and I would say most, thought Hillis was a good player who should be on the field.

He was a backup, but he was only a backup because McD made an error, a very large error at that.

That being said, just because McD made that error does not mean that it justifies trading a good and potentially great RB who was riding pine for one of the worst players in the NFL.
People, leave YOUR feelings out of the equation. McD, like/hated not withstanding, saw a backup rb and used him to get a backup qb, which EVERYWHERE you look, is a good deal.
McD thought he could save quinns career.
Shanny thought he could make winners out of how many qb's not named jake?

bcbronc
03-05-2011, 02:38 PM
Okay, I'm not trying to defend the deal here, it clearly turned out in the Browns favour and I was a fan of giving Hillis a chance before he got dealt. I did understand the desperate need to upgrade Simms at back-up QB, and I don't see Quinn as the no-talent hack some do (not saying he'll ever be anything, but there are some tools to work with).

the one thing to consider...at the end of Year 1 of the previous regime there was an article posted on the Bronco forums that discussed a green jersey awarded for working hard at practice. This article said something about Hillis being one of the few not to earn it through the season (even Jarvis Moss had got to wear a green practice jersey, the article said).

imo that's the reason McDaniels never got on board with the Hillis train; he was trying to undo the country club attitude that was Dove Valley and didn't feel Hills was putting in the effort at practice.

Now we all know that McDaniels is an arrogant hot head (as are many of the greatest coaches in many sports, but we'll leave that aside) and it's completely possible the Hillis situation had nothing to do with practice habits. Or it's possible that getting traded made Hillis stand up and start taking his job more serious. Or it's possible that Hillis is just one of those guys that plays a lot better than they practice.

Don't matter much now at any rate. the Broncos organization lost that deal big time (unless Quinn ends up being something for us). But it's hardly the first time a player has been traded/released and gone on to big things. I bet if someone tried really really hard, they could find similar situations for every head coach/general manager in the league.

Poet
03-05-2011, 04:04 PM
People, leave YOUR feelings out of the equation. McD, like/hated not withstanding, saw a backup rb and used him to get a backup qb, which EVERYWHERE you look, is a good deal.

He was only a backup because of an error. Your argument is invalid from the get go.

If I have any 'feelings' involved in this it would be for McD, a coach who I think can still become a very good head coach.

And just because you get a backup QB for a backup RB it does not mean you got a good deal.

How would Minny trading Gerhart for Quinn be a good deal? Would the Giants parting ways with Jacobs for Quinn be a good deal? How about Baltimore giving up McGahee for Quinn, is that a good deal?

New Orleans giving up Pierre Thomas or Bush, whichever one you want to call the backup RB for Quinn is awful.

There is little to zero hindsight in this one, RC. Hillis proved more in six games with the Broncos than Quinn did in his entire career.

It was an awful trade then. With hindsight it's one of the worst trades I've seen in any sport.

rcsodak
03-06-2011, 12:53 PM
He was only a backup because of an error. Your argument is invalid from the get go.

If I have any 'feelings' involved in this it would be for McD, a coach who I think can still become a very good head coach.

And just because you get a backup QB for a backup RB it does not mean you got a good deal.

How would Minny trading Gerhart for Quinn be a good deal? Would the Giants parting ways with Jacobs for Quinn be a good deal? How about Baltimore giving up McGahee for Quinn, is that a good deal?

New Orleans giving up Pierre Thomas or Bush, whichever one you want to call the backup RB for Quinn is awful.

There is little to zero hindsight in this one, RC. Hillis proved more in six games with the Broncos than Quinn did in his entire career.

It was an awful trade then. With hindsight it's one of the worst trades I've seen in any sport.

You're listing rb's with history with their HC. McD had none with PH. He was a qb" savior" as witnessed with cassell. He saw something in BQ and it cost him a BACKUP/NEVER USED RB: not sure what you're not seeing here, really.
I'm not showing my approval of the deal....just explaining his rationale......

Dean
03-06-2011, 01:27 PM
You're listing rb's with history with their HC. McD had none with PH. He was a qb" savior" as witnessed with cassell. He saw something in BQ and it cost him a BACKUP/NEVER USED RB: not sure what you're not seeing here, really.

Surely McKid watched video on all of his players. What Peyton had done both carrying the ball and recieving the football was there to see. I done now nor did I then think much of McD but I believe it is more than conjecture that he has the background to know what Hillis had accomplished the previous year.

However, he had just drafted a RB in the first round for which IMO he was hearing there was some flack over Moreno's less than 4.0 yards per carry and for which he was often questioned by reporters as to why Peyton was not playing. Even when Moreno was gassed (he was waving for a sub to come in multiple times and there was no one healthy but Hillis to put in) Moreno was ignored and remained on the field to the detriment of the rest of the team.

What would a highly arrogant man with nearly total control do? :rolleyes: Would he move the problem out of sight and out of mind?

rcsodak
03-06-2011, 01:39 PM
Surely McKid watched video on all of his players. What Peyton had done both carrying the ball and recieving the football was there to see. I done now nor did I then think much of McD but I believe it is more than conjecture that he has the background to know what Hillis had accomplished the previous year.

However, he had just drafted a RB in the first round for which IMO he was hearing there was some flack over Moreno's less than 4.0 yards per carry and for which he was often questioned by reporters as to why Peyton was not playing. Even when Moreno was gassed (he was waving for a sub to come in multiple times and there was no one healthy but Hillis to put in) Moreno was ignored and remained on the field to the detriment of the rest of the team.

What would a highly arrogant man with nearly total control do? :rolleyes: Would he move the problem out of sight and out of mind?

True, coach. But do we know what Cle wanted for BQ? Did McD offer the pick and had to add ph? Or did he offer ph and had to add the pick?

Poet
03-07-2011, 01:54 AM

If I have ten bucks, and I can either keep the ten dollars, or trade that ten dollars and maybe an extra couple bucks for a giant turd, because I like to polish turds, THAT IS STILL AN AWFUL TRADE IDEA! :D

PAINTERDAVE
03-07-2011, 02:20 AM
For whatever reason... McD disliked Hillis.
He never gave him a decent shot.
The first mistake Hillis would make...
McD pulled him and relegated him to the scrub team.

When Hillis got traded in the Quinn deal...
it made no difference then...
bvecause McD had ZERO plans to use him.
Better to trade him than outright cut him.

That said... trading or cutting him was not good for this team.
Evidenced by the "need" to trade a 4th round pick for maroney when Moreno got hurt.
If Hillis had still been here... Peyton might have finaly got his shot...
and we'd still have a 4th round pick and Peyton Hillis.

Just one more reason to hate McD and his gutting of the franchise.

For the record... I was straight up backing Josh when he came here.
It was only as his horrible coaching progressed that I came to dislike him.

He EARNED the disdain this town has for him.

arapaho2
03-07-2011, 11:31 AM

he wasnt riding pine because he had no talent, power, speed...he wasnt riding pine because he couldnt get those tuff yards...he wasnt riding pine because he wasnt a red zone threat and a bigger goal line threat....he wasnt riding pine because he wasant the best rb on the team

he was riding pine for one simple moronic reason....our idiotic former hc choice to put the Rbs he brought, on the field instead of the best back on the team

dont let your love of all things mcdoosh cloud your reality

arapaho2
03-07-2011, 11:35 AM

wrong...mcd saw a RB that if used..if given the chance would make the world question the use of the 12th overall pick on a RB when the defense was so horrible

rcsodak
03-07-2011, 12:23 PM
If I have ten bucks, and I can either keep the ten dollars, or trade that ten dollars and maybe an extra couple bucks for a giant turd, because I like to polish turds, THAT IS STILL AN AWFUL TRADE IDEA! :D

Thank you for telling us your fetish, 87. :puke:

rcsodak
03-07-2011, 12:26 PM
he wasnt riding pine because he had no talent, power, speed...he wasnt riding pine because he couldnt get those tuff yards...he wasnt riding pine because he wasnt a red zone threat and a bigger goal line threat....he wasnt riding pine because he wasant the best rb on the team

he was riding pine for one simple moronic reason....our idiotic former hc choice to put the Rbs he brought, on the field instead of the best back on the team

You really need to read better, rap. You would be in less 'debates'. :elefant:

arapaho2
03-07-2011, 01:03 PM
You really need to read better, rap. You would be in less 'debates'. :elefant:

i read your intent very well...your insisting the hillis trade was a solid by mcd
as he was a backup rb

without recognizing the facts of why he was a back up rb...

Lonestar
03-07-2011, 01:14 PM

Conversely do not let your hate for Josj get in the way either.

You seem to forget that BT had a lot to do with who got reps also.

Also he Did not see the field the year before until no one else was left.

Ao let's no set your thoughts in stone as they Just maybe completely inaccurate. Just your hate talking.

rcsodak
03-07-2011, 01:19 PM
i read your intent very well...your insisting the hillis trade was a solid by mcd
as he was a backup rb

without recognizing the facts of why he was a back up rb...

I don't think I said it was solid, rap. I said in most every instance, acquiring a backup qb is a higher priority than having an extra backup rb.
my other point, was McD had a thing for BQ. He felt he was underused/trained, whatever, and could do with him what he did with cassell.
Ph, the last great white hope of bronco nation, was NOT getting used. He was warming the bench. And as another said, was a pain in his ass because of his fans/media crying for him.
IMO, McD thought it was worth it.

Plus, and as I asked earlier, we don't know if the 4 was a throwin, or PH was.

Myself, if he wasn't going to get played, I was happy for him to get the opportunity. Remember, I was tooting his horn before anybody here had even heard of him. I said he'd be the next alstott, so don't be foolish and say I liked the move simply because of Mcd. It was ONE of his many that made me scratch my head.

arapaho2
03-07-2011, 01:37 PM
Conversely do not let your hate for Josj get in the way either.

You seem to forget that BT had a lot to do with who got reps also.

Also he Did not see the field the year before until no one else was left.

Ao let's no set your thoughts in stone as they Just maybe completely inaccurate. Just your hate talking.

there is no fact that turner had any impact on who played other then in some peoples minds

a year before he was drafted as a FB...and he did see the field, as a FB ..before getting on the field as the RB

arapaho2
03-07-2011, 01:40 PM
I don't think I said it was solid, rap. I said in most every instance, acquiring a backup qb is a higher priority than having an extra backup rb.
my other point, was McD had a thing for BQ. He felt he was underused/trained, whatever, and could do with him what he did with cassell.
Ph, the last great white hope of bronco nation, was NOT getting used. He was warming the bench. And as another said, was a pain in his ass because of his fans/media crying for him.
IMO, McD thought it was worth it.

Plus, and as I asked earlier, we don't know if the 4 was a throwin, or PH was.

Myself, if he wasn't going to get played, I was happy for him to get the opportunity. Remember, I was tooting his horn before anybody here had even heard of him. I said he'd be the next alstott, so don't be foolish and say I liked the move simply because of Mcd. It was ONE of his many that made me scratch my head.

i believe we had a backup just as capable as quinn in brandstater

rcsodak
03-07-2011, 01:48 PM
i believe we had a backup just as capable as quinn in brandstater I think you'd be very lonely in a room of like-minded people, rap.

arapaho2
03-07-2011, 02:11 PM
I think you'd be very lonely in a room of like-minded people, rap.

i also beleieve we had a former washington starter on the team that wasnt resigned in 09...with alot more expirience than quinn

cut an dry ...it was a stupid move

rcsodak
03-07-2011, 02:37 PM
i also beleieve we had a former washington starter on the team that wasnt resigned in 09...with alot more expirience than quinn

cut an dry ...it was a stupid move
2011 now, rap. You'll be ok.

Lonestar
03-07-2011, 02:37 PM
wrong...mcd saw a RB that if used..if given the chance would make the world question the use of the 12th overall pick on a RB when the defense was so horrible

Just love your absolutes.

I see it as hilliard was coming off of a totally torn hamstring the tendons completely torn from the bone. Not three months before.

Just love that you expected Josh not to being on some depth on case he would never run again.

Hilllia had a chance in an early game ro prove his worth. But like before he fumbled the ball away.

And you totally absolve Bobby T of Any guilt while giving it all to Josh.

Any hypocratcy going on there?

Lonestar
03-07-2011, 02:49 PM
there is no fact that turner had any impact on who played other then in some peoples minds

a year before he was drafted as a FB...and he did see the field, as a FB ..before getting on the field as the RB

It was a well reported fact that BT has that much juice with mikey that he called the shots on who practiced and who Sid not Miley trusted him as he had not failed him over the past decade in having RBs ready to play.

So if you do not practice you do not play on Sunday. Bobby rule.

It is also a well know fact that Hilis was a lousy practice guy because he was lazy and some said not real bright.

Therefore if you do not practice well or know the complicated playbook in BT world you do not play.

He really put no great effort or was to dumb to play FB. Or our MLB would not have been our both way player.

It was also said that hillis thought he was a 250 RB. And therefore did nothavw his heart into playing FB.

Both in BT, mikeys and Joshes world RB are not much more than 220.

And figuringing in that BT was here that first season perhaps you should be directing your hate at BT.

Lonestar
03-07-2011, 02:52 PM
I think you'd be very lonely in a room of like-minded people, rap.
A very wise comment. Especially since where is he starting now.

The love affair of anything mikey, is beyond logical thought.
Conversely anything Josh is hated.

arapaho2
03-07-2011, 03:42 PM
A very wise comment. Especially since where is he starting now.

The love affair of anything mikey, is beyond logical thought.
Conversely anything Josh is hated.

whats shannahan got to do with this..your aware he coaches the skins arent you:lol:

arapaho2
03-07-2011, 03:53 PM
It was a well reported fact that BT has that much juice with mikey that he called the shots on who practiced and who Sid not Miley trusted him as he had not failed him over the past decade in having RBs ready to play.

So if you do not practice you do not play on Sunday. Bobby rule.

It is also a well know fact that Hilis was a lousy practice guy because he was lazy and some said not real bright.

Therefore if you do not practice well or know the complicated playbook in BT world you do not play.

He really put no great effort or was to dumb to play FB. Or our MLB would not have been our both way player.

It was also said that hillis thought he was a 250 RB. And therefore did nothavw his heart into playing FB.

Both in BT, mikeys and Joshes world RB are not much more than 220.

And figuringing in that BT was here that first season perhaps you should be directing your hate at BT.

your aware that mike didnt coach the broncos when hillis was traded arent you:lol:

shanny may have allowed turner to have his say...mcdoosh is another story all together...there is absalutly no way , given his attitude and micro managing that he would allow a position coach dictates who plays...if he did there is no shot in hell BT would have put in lamont jordon over hillis

as per 08...we had our starters under shanny
he had young coming off his rookie year that had 729 yards rushing...5.2ypc...231 yards rec

micheal pittman

torain

these were shannys RBs....hillis was drafted to be a FB...so its common sense as a rooky FB he wouldnt be in the mix for carries as a rb

rcsodak
03-07-2011, 04:33 PM
your aware that mike didnt coach the broncos when hillis was traded arent you:lol:

shanny may have allowed turner to have his say...mcdoosh is another story all together...there is absalutly no way , given his attitude and micro managing that he would allow a position coach dictates who plays...if he did there is no shot in hell BT would have put in lamont jordon over hillis

as per 08...we had our starters under shanny
he had young coming off his rookie year that had 729 yards rushing...5.2ypc...231 yards rec

micheal pittman

torain

these were shannys RBs....hillis was drafted to be a FB...so its common sense as a rooky FB he wouldnt be in the mix for carries as a rb

More questionable drafts by shanny. Torrain was drafted injured (how DARE he), and never saw the field enough for anybody to see what he brought and was cut by McD. Don't remember anybody here crying over that (until he started for shanny).
then, shanny drafts a kid to be the blocker for his rb's. I assume shanny/bobby spoke with him at SOME point and gave him their expectations. I assume he said 'yes'm'(arky talk).
So, shanny has his "howard griffith" for the next XX years, to make holes/protect his rb's, right?
Oops!
Well, at least his next TD is working out for him in washington.

arapaho2
03-07-2011, 06:05 PM
More questionable drafts by shanny. Torrain was drafted injured (how DARE he), and never saw the field enough for anybody to see what he brought and was cut by McD. Don't remember anybody here crying over that (until he started for shanny).
then, shanny drafts a kid to be the blocker for his rb's. I assume shanny/bobby spoke with him at SOME point and gave him their expectations. I assume he said 'yes'm'(arky talk).
So, shanny has his "howard griffith" for the next XX years, to make holes/protect his rb's, right?
Oops!
Well, at least his next TD is working out for him in washington.

again off target this isnt about shanny...the points were the tradeing of hillis...the notion he wss just a mere backup

he didnt get much time in 09 after showing alot of promise in his limited shot in 08...its foolish to comdemm him for not playing more in 08 when he wasnt brought here to play instantly...but to be developed into a offensive weapon from the full back position

as per torain...alot of people though he should have been given the chance to compete here.... im ok with it given the injury
but last year he had less attempts than moreno...bigger YPA...32 less yards... better ave...more YPG...one more run for 1st...4 more rushes over 20 yards

the key here is the idiocracy of one josh mcdanials who couldnt see on tape the same potential we fans seen in games from either of them

bcbronc
03-07-2011, 06:20 PM
Come on, people here saw potential in Torrain? After how many injuries to his wheels? Is that why he was out of the league while Shanny was? Being out of football for a year or so was probably the best thing to happen to Torrain as it allowed him to heal.

As for Hillis in CLE let's rwemember he didn't WIN the starting spot, every one else got hurt. Same as in Denver. Must be something about Hillis's game that doesn't translate in practice.

arapaho2
03-07-2011, 06:58 PM
Come on, people here saw potential in Torrain? After how many injuries to his wheels? Is that why he was out of the league while Shanny was? Being out of football for a year or so was probably the best thing to happen to Torrain as it allowed him to heal.

As for Hillis in CLE let's rwemember he didn't WIN the starting spot, every one else got hurt. Same as in Denver. Must be something about Hillis's game that doesn't translate in practice.

weird...how camp reports from clevland said he was the hardest working guy on the team and highlite of camp...also weird how he started every game except week 2 and 17 and beat out the incumbet harrison by week three

nevcraw
03-07-2011, 07:49 PM

So if you do not practice you do not play on Sunday. Bobby rule. Link?
It is also a well know fact that Hilis was a lousy practice guy because he was lazy and some said not real bright. Link?

He really put no great effort or was to dumb to play FB. Or our MLB would not have been our both way player. Link?

It was also said that hillis thought he was a 250 RB. And therefore did nothavw his heart into playing FB. Link?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Sweet!-- Ton O' speculation with not one oz. of corroborating evidence

rcsodak
03-07-2011, 08:05 PM
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Sweet!-- Ton O' speculation with not one oz. of corroborating evidence

Since when has that ever been a prerequisite to post here? LS has a memory just like everybody else here.

nevcraw
03-07-2011, 08:30 PM
Since when has that ever been a prerequisite to post here? LS has a memory just like everybody else here.

Since when did I post such a rule? but please forgive me if I find speculative opinions transgendered into facts worthy of notation.

rcsodak
03-07-2011, 08:45 PM
Since when did I post such a rule? but please forgive me if I find speculative opinions transgendered into facts worthy of notation.

Well, if you have evidenc to dispute it, knock yourself out. Just telling someone they're FOS isn't going to make what he said, wrong.

nevcraw
03-07-2011, 09:08 PM
Well, if you have evidenc to dispute it, knock yourself out. Just telling someone they're FOS isn't going to make what he said, wrong.

you are so silly!! I don't need evidence to dispute an opinion on here.. I just need to repeat my opinion over and over and over until the friction it causes burns it into fact.
God bless!

rcsodak
03-07-2011, 09:40 PM
you are so silly!! I don't need evidence to dispute an opinion on here.. I just need to repeat my opinion over and over and over until the friction it causes burns it into fact.
God bless!
Oops. My bad.

jhildebrand
03-07-2011, 11:17 PM
All this talk about BT seems way off base to me.

A. BT is the one who pushed Shanahan to start Portis. Shanahan wasn't comfortable with it which is why Portis didn't start games initially.

B. What was mentioned was Shanahan did allow his assistants-those that he trusted and had been with him for a while-to make picks. It was said and acknowledged by Shanahan that the Clarett pick was BT's.

I find it funny two posters always try to relate things back to "Mikey" regardless of the topic. FFS, how did Shanahan have anything to do with trading Hillis for Quinn? :confused: HE DIDN'T!

History will always show Josh McDaniels time as HC of the Denver Broncos to be nothing but abject failure! He took a team with limitations on one side of the ball and left one mired in cheating scandals, QB contreversy, devoid of talent on both sides of the ball, friction amongst the coaching staff, WASTE of numerous #1 PICKS, and much more.

He may be a good coach/GM type someday but he screwed the pooch, the kitty, the neighborhood stray, and everything else he could while here.

Lonestar
03-08-2011, 10:29 AM
Sorry can't quote big posts in mobile on this iPhone.

The notion that Josh was anymore a micro manager than mikey was is foolish at best.

The reason BT and RD were kept was because they were competent coaches.

I also suspect that Josh had enough on his plate with the QB spot and other areas that micro managing those to spots was farther down the priority list.

I also suspect that Pat or Joe stated in the interview process that both coaches "should" be kept and allowed to do their thing, as their areas wer about the only ones that were worth a crap.

Knowing that Joshes expertise was QB that BT and RD were looked favorably at by Pat leads to the LOGICAL thought process that Josh gave them their head like mikey did.

Also thinking that knowing they had a void at QB just before the draft the concensus of the FO was that they took a RB to lighten the burden of the QB. As they really did not know who the errrrr would be in learning year. (at least that seemed to be the thought peocess on this forum) I also suspect that BT had some say in who was picked as Moreno is the prototypical guy both joa
Josh and BT were used to using.

Hillis was not. While he had a good season till he tore his hamstring from the bone.
He was not viewed as a RB by either BT nor Josh but as their backup FB.

Lonestar
03-08-2011, 10:40 AM

They have as much ability to research as I do.

Yet they would rather just believe in their hate to get them through the day.

Sad for them.

This is the first crisis they have had to deal with, many of is that were not born just prior to or during the Elway era, know that this is not the first coaching change and that crap happens during said changes.

One if they days they will look back and say way back before you were born we had they same thing happen and it will happen again. So do not sweat the small stuff like a few of us Are.