PDA

View Full Version : teams would be hurt most by lockout?

Denver Native (Carol)
03-03-2011, 03:19 PM
Title did not come out exactly right - it should be "which teams would be hurt most by lockout"

2. Broncos

This is the wrong offseason to break in a newbie football czar (John Elway) and a new defensive scheme under John Fox. Trading Kyle Orton could be nearly impossible, and Tim Tebow will miss valuable practice time.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/41881898/ns/sports-nfl/

BigSarge87
03-03-2011, 03:23 PM
I agree, this blows boy scouts.

Fan in Exile
03-03-2011, 03:28 PM
This nice thing about the tv money being tied up is that maybe it will prevent a lockout.

NightTerror218
03-03-2011, 03:41 PM
Title did not come out exactly right - it should be "which teams would be hurt most by lockout"

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/41881898/ns/sports-nfl/

Good think TT was a 1st rounder, so he can use some of that money to pay for coaches on the side to help him out and not miss a step.

SOCALORADO.
03-03-2011, 03:48 PM
Good think TT was a 1st rounder, so he can use some of that money to pay for coaches on the side to help him out and not miss a step.

"Tim Tebow doesnt pay coaches, the coaches pay him"

rcsodak
03-03-2011, 03:58 PM

I would think, moreso, HOPE, he's smarter than that. :rolleyes:
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

KCL
03-03-2011, 03:59 PM
I would think, moreso, HOPE, he's smarter than that. :rolleyes:

Hey maybe Timmy can talk to the head honchos and get this resolved.

Ravage!!!
03-03-2011, 04:08 PM
Its not illegal for him to hire an independent QB coach to help him with his steps.

Many players hire independent companies to work with them and help them out with their training. Joe Flacco worked with an entire team from an athletic training facility to diagnose and work with him on his height issues and footwork.

I hope Tebow finds the right people to work with him as well, he needs it and the team needs it.

HORSEPOWER 56
03-03-2011, 04:16 PM
Ya know, just because the players can't throw the old ball around at work, doesn't mean they can't get together and do it on their own time to stay sharp. I remember when Cutler, Marshall, and Scheffler got together in Atlanta a couple of years ago on their own in the offseason to work.

There's no reason Broncos players couldn't do the same. I'd like to see at least one of the QBs (the one who really wants to start) get together with the WRs in the offseason and work the kinks out of he new playbook.

rcsodak
03-03-2011, 04:35 PM
Ya know, just because the players can't throw the old ball around at work, doesn't mean they can't get together and do it on their own time to stay sharp. I remember when Cutler, Marshall, and Scheffler got together in Atlanta a couple of years ago on their own in the offseason to work.

There's no reason Broncos players couldn't do the same. I'd like to see at least one of the QBs (the one who really wants to start) get together with the WRs in the offseason and work the kinks out of he new playbook.

Then one of them busts a leg....and no team dr or rehab facilities. Have you ever had to pay for COBRA Ins? It ain't cheap, and that's for a joe blow. How about an NFL player!
We've already seen what happens when players jack around in the offseason (clady). Took most of the year to get back to 80%, and that was WITH help.

vettesplus
03-03-2011, 04:46 PM
Then one of them busts a leg....and no team dr or rehab facilities. Have you ever had to pay for COBRA Ins? It ain't cheap, and that's for a joe blow. How about an NFL player!
We've already seen what happens when players jack around in the offseason (clady). Took most of the year to get back to 80%, and that was WITH help.

big deal, you have millions in the bank and you rack up a $50,000 doc bill, just write a check....

BigSarge87
03-03-2011, 04:46 PM

That would suck to have someone get hurt in the offseason, but there's a big difference between getting hurt preparing for football and getting hurt wrestling with your brother or in a pickup game of basketball.

If they aren't working hard preparing for next year, they are choosing to get complacent which will make them even more susceptable to injury.

FanInAZ
03-03-2011, 05:17 PM
7. 49ers
Perhaps Jim Harbaugh has spoke so glowingly of Alex Smith this offseason because he knows he won’t have any better options. An abbreviated free agent period in August or September will lead to a lot of shotgun marriages. (And a high divorce rate next offseason.)

Sorry, but this line made me chuckle.