PDA

View Full Version : Give your top 5 draft prospects for Broncos.

cuzz4169
03-03-2011, 12:43 PM
Set up your draft board. List your top 5 in order you would like Denver to draft at #2

1. Nick Fairley-I think he's the 2nd best defensive player in the draft. He fits a need and we get a stud. He penetrates and causes havoc in the back field. 56 tackles and 12 sacks cannot be ignored at the DT position. Would be awesome next to Doom. Starts right away.

2. Von Miller- Fox wants to get faster on defense...well this is a great start. He's a solid tackler and has awesome pass rush ability. Could play WLB, DJ plays MLB, maybe Woodyard or someone else at SLB. Now there's your speed. In passing downs Miller moves to DE for pass rush and move Ayers down to DT. This kid is going to be a stud, a great overall athlete who will be a star for yrs in the NFL.

3. Patrick Peterson-I think he's the best defensive player in the draft hands down. He starts right away and is a stud right away. Great size, great speed, great hands, great in coverage and tackles like a safety so will be great in run support. Just like Champ when he gets the ball in hands he believes he can score. Great returner also. I keep reading guys say we have returners...who? Eddie Royal 2 career TDs, in one game by the way. We have no one who could be a game changer and this kid is as a returner. Im not saying that's why you draft him but its an extra bonus.

4. Da'Quan Bowers-Great size to hold up against the run and was nations top pass rusher. I think he has a High motor. I want to see his times in his pro day to gauge his athletic ability. I didn't see consistent burst of the line from him in videos like I did with Miller. Could be Gaines Adams or could be Julius Peppers. My question is does he start right away? what if Ayers is a stud at DE? You can do the same as I said with Miller move Ayers down to DT in passing downs. But to take this guy #2 for that, is it worth it? I think we are ok at DE for a yr, we used the 18th pick on Ayers gotta give him a shot at DE. Bowers is a boom or bust guy.

5. Marcell Dareus- Big body pretty athletic for his size. Can control his gap on the field..Ok as a pass rusher, Not as good as Fairley. Had a great combine, but he is a guy I'm not sold on. I just don't remember him really dominating games at the DT position Like Fairley or a Suh or a McCoy. Like I said before I'm a Gators fan and I never was concerned about him in the game. I think he will be a good player in the NFL but never a stud. 11 career sacks 71 total tackles 20 tackles for a loss in 3 yrs. compared to Fairley 88 tackles career, 13 sacks career, 27.5 TFL career in 2 yrs. Obviously I like Fairley a lot better. Not sold on Dareus don't care about his combine #'s just wasn't a stand out on film to me.

Sorry guys just so bored waiting for draft....It's exciting we pick #2, wasn't exciting on the way to the #2 pick.

NightTerror218
03-03-2011, 12:46 PM
Set up your draft board. List your top 5 in order you would like Denver to draft at #2

1. Nick Fairley-I think he's the 2nd best defensive player in the draft. He fits a need and we get a stud. He penetrates and causes havoc in the back field. 56 tackles and 12 sacks cannot be ignored at the DT position. Would be awesome next to Doom. Starts right away.

2. Von Miller- Fox wants to get faster on defense...well this is a great start. He's a solid tackler and has awesome pass rush ability. Could play WLB, DJ plays MLB, maybe Woodyard or someone else at SLB. Now there's your speed. In passing downs Miller moves to DE for pass rush and move Ayers down to DT. This kid is going to be a stud, a great overall athlete who will be a star for yrs in the NFL.

3. Patrick Peterson-I think he's the best defensive player in the draft hands down. He starts right away and is a stud right away. Great size, great speed, great hands, great in coverage and tackles like a safety so will be great in run support. Just like Champ when he gets the ball in hands he believes he can score. Great returner also. I keep reading guys say we have returners...who? Eddie Royal 2 career TDs, in one game by the way. We have no one who could be a game changer and this kid is as a returner. Im not saying that's why you draft him but its an extra bonus.

4. Da'Quan Bowers-Great size to hold up against the run and was nations top pass rusher. I think he has a High motor. I want to see his times in his pro day to gauge his athletic ability. I didn't see consistent burst of the line from him in videos like I did with Miller. Could be Gaines Adams or could be Julius Peppers. My question is does he start right away? what if Ayers is a stud at DE? You can do the same as I said with Miller move Ayers down to DT in passing downs. But to take this guy #2 for that is it worth it? I think we are ok at DE for a yr we used the 18th pick on Ayers gotta give him a shot at DE. I think he's a boom or bust guy.

5. Marcell Dareus- Big body pretty athletic for his size. Can control his gap on the field..Ok as a pass rusher, Not as good as Fairley. Had a great combine but he is a guy I'm not sold on. I just don't remember him really dominating games at the DT position Like Fairley or a Suh or a McCoy. Like I said before I'm a Gators fan and I never was concerned about him in the game. I think he will be a good player in the NFL but never a stud. 11 career sacks 71 total tackles 20 tackles for a loss in 3 yrs. compared to Fairley 88 tackles career, 13 sacks career, 27.5 TFL career. Obviously I like Fairley a lot better. Not sold on Dareus don't care about his combine #'s just wasn't a stand out on film to me.

Sorry guys just so bored waiting for draft....It's exciting we pick #2, wasn't exciting on the way to the #2 pick.

ok um....I will just 2nd your list

jhns
03-03-2011, 12:54 PM
Your list should be everyones list. I would put them in a different order though.
1. Bowers - I would love two elite pass rushers coming off the edges.
2. Dareus - I think this guy is the safest pick.
3. Peterson - Great athlete that would give us a great CB combo.
4. Fairley - I like him but he fell down this list when he was measured and weighed at the combine. I think he has more potential than Dareus but also more potential to bust.
5. Miller - We could really use him but none of the "experts" have him going that high. This is my only reason for putting him 5. He would be a great pick if we traded down some.

hotcarl
03-03-2011, 12:56 PM
powers
millen
jackson
peterson
hochmann

dogfish
03-03-2011, 01:16 PM
1. dareus
2. fairley
3. trade down
4. i burn the whole gatdamn place down

oubronco
03-03-2011, 01:16 PM
Dareus
Peterson
Quinn
Fairley
Miller

SOCALORADO.
03-03-2011, 01:37 PM
1. dareus
2. fairley
3. trade down

:defense:Ditto:defense:

underrated29
03-03-2011, 01:40 PM
dareus
fairley
JJ Watt
PP
Von

cuzz4169
03-03-2011, 01:43 PM
wow a lot of you guys are high on dareus...I don't see him on tape as a stud. He's really the guy I hope we don't draft...I see him as a solid starter not an impact player...he wasn't an impact player in college. I think dan williams is just as good or same player as him and he went 26th to arizona.

BigDaddyBronco
03-03-2011, 02:10 PM
1. Dareus - He is 319 and 6'5", Fairley is 291 and 6'3". His 10 yard split in the 40 was faster than Fairley's. He has no concerns (that I have heard anyway) over maturity or work ethic. He didn't have a great 2010 statistics -wise due to T. Cody and another guy (can't remember his name) being drafted to the NFL and being double teamed all year long, but was a monster in all of his bowl games. Ask Colt McCoy about Dareus. Not as good as Suh, but I think he is as good as McCoy.
2. Fairley - Hopefully he is as dominate as he was in 2010 and carries that into the NFL.
3. Peterson - He ran a 4.32 at almost 220 lbs and 6'2". Holy shit!
4. Bowers - Two good rush ends would help our pass defense tremendousley.
5. Von Miller - He is going to be a really good LB and we would find a way to use him.

BigDaddyBronco
03-03-2011, 02:11 PM
wow a lot of you guys are high on dareus...I don't see him on tape as a stud. He's really the guy I hope we don't draft...I see him as a solid starter not an impact player...he wasn't an impact player in college. I think dan williams is just as good or same player as him and he went 26th to arizona.
Did you watch his bowl game against Texas in 2009 or last year against Mich. St? He was unblockable in both of those games.

LTC Pain
03-03-2011, 02:13 PM
1. dareus
2. fairley
3. trade down

What dogfish says! :salute::defense::beer:

Buff
03-03-2011, 02:27 PM
1.) Fairley
2.) Dareus
3.) Miller
4.) I help dogfish burn this mother****** down

WARHORSE
03-03-2011, 02:32 PM
Concerning Dareus, I also heard that one of the reasons he didnt rack up huge numbers is because of the way that Saban used him....alot of the time eating up blockers like a NT vs a disruptor.

Also, I hate seeing Patrick Petersons name in mock drafts for us, but considering the draft is real deep in Dlinemen, Im wondering if Denver takes Peterson, leaving the top two picks in round two to defensive linemen.

The thought could be the same for someone like Von Miller, but spending big money on a linebacker would not be as wise a choice.

Peterson can play both safety and corner, and has stated a willingness to do so.

The other side of that is that we get the big time Dlineman, then draft a lower tiered corner or safety later.

As long as we dont draft Cam Newton, Im good.:coffee:

dogfish
03-03-2011, 02:35 PM
i appreciate the support, fellas. . . we can do this!

cuzz4169
03-03-2011, 02:37 PM
Did you watch his bowl game against Texas in 2009 or last year against Mich. St? He was unblockable in both of those games.

Yea I watched...two games don't make up for all games...In 2009 he had studs all around him and he shouldve been unblockable every game bc of one on ones but he wasn't. I think he will be a solid player in the nfl but I think Fairley is a game changer a warren sapp type player. Fairley was unblockable every game. Don't believe the hype on dareus. They say he's a safe pick bc he is solid not a stud but solid. Fairley is a firecracker mean & nasty. His film doesn't lie he's an animal and he did it against the best competition in college football. I don't care about 40 times at DT 4.8 or 4.9 is good enough, all that means jack shit if you can't get off a block, ask Vernon Gholston. 291 was his weigh in, and since when is 291 small in a 4-3 if your the penetrating DT?

I just like him a lot better than Dareus, it just seems people are trying to pick Fairley apart for some reason but his production speaks for itself. I hope they keep talking and Carolina goes in another direction.

At the end of the season 95% of you wanted Fairley then you let the so called "draft experts" talk you into liking Dareus. Most of you didn't know who he was all season.

D1g1tal j1m
03-03-2011, 02:43 PM
1) Jordan Todman
2)Zach Hurd
3) Anthony Sherman
4) Scott Lutrus
5) Lawrence Wilson
6) Greg Lloyd II

WARHORSE
03-03-2011, 02:51 PM
Can anyone imagine if we got Fairley or Quinn at number two, and Austin at 36? In the same draft?

I would be one happy camper.

Krugan
03-03-2011, 02:52 PM
Can Peterson play safety?

He has the size and speed, maybe that would be the guy we are missing in the secondary..,

Although we are in dire need of Dline that is quality, I cant help but think how bad we need middle field guys.

SOCALORADO.
03-03-2011, 02:56 PM
1) Jordan Todman
2)Zach Hurd
3) Anthony Sherman
4) Scott Lutrus
5) Lawrence Wilson
6) Greg Lloyd II

1. Taylor Mays
2. William Moore
3. Josh Barrett
4. LaRon Landry
5. Reggie Nelson

BigSarge87
03-03-2011, 03:07 PM
Can Peterson play safety?

He has the size and speed, maybe that would be the guy we are missing in the secondary..,

Although we are in dire need of Dline that is quality, I cant help but think how bad we need middle field guys.

If we do take Peterson, I hope he plays CB opposite Champ and we look to get a true veteran FS in free agency. When it opens, of course.

I think that would instantly give us one of the top secondaries in the league. If the DL we take with our 2nd round picks can rise up, that should amount to a pretty significant improvement this year on defense.

underrated29
03-03-2011, 03:07 PM
1. Dareus - He is 319 and 6'5", Fairley is 291 and 6'3". His 10 yard split in the 40 was faster than Fairley's. He has no concerns (that I have heard anyway) over maturity or work ethic. He didn't have a great 2010 statistics -wise due to T. Cody and another guy (can't remember his name) being drafted to the NFL and being double teamed all year long, but was a monster in all of his bowl games. Ask Colt McCoy about Dareus. Not as good as Suh, but I think he is as good as McCoy.
2. Fairley - Hopefully he is as dominate as he was in 2010 and carries that into the NFL.
3. Peterson - He ran a 4.32 at almost 220 lbs and 6'2". Holy shit!
4. Bowers - Two good rush ends would help our pass defense tremendousley.
5. Von Miller - He is going to be a really good LB and we would find a way to use him.

I am pretty sure PP came in at 6ft. not 6'2- just fyi

dogfish
03-03-2011, 03:37 PM
Can anyone imagine if we got Fairley or Quinn at number two, and Austin at 36? In the same draft?

yea. . . but if we take fairley i'd rather get paea or phil taylor, even if we have to trade back into the first-- someone has to stop the run. . .

now, dareus at one-technique and austin at three-technique i could seriously work with. . .

dogfish
03-03-2011, 03:37 PM
I am pretty sure PP came in at 6ft. not 6'2- just fyi

i heard he actually ran a 4.6 flat. . . . :listen:

SOCALORADO.
03-03-2011, 03:47 PM
i heard he actually ran a 4.6 flat. . . . :listen:

Actually hes 4'6" and he ran a 6.2, but dude, hes freakin Ed Reeeeed!!!!!

I Eat Staples
03-03-2011, 09:43 PM
1. Fairley
2. Bowers
3. Dareus
4. Peterson
5. Miller (just to complete the 5, no way should he be taken at #2)

Northman
03-04-2011, 04:37 AM
1. Fairley
2. Dareus
3. trade back

PAINTERDAVE
03-04-2011, 11:25 AM
I'm wondering if maybe we are gonna take that #2 pick...

then they will be trading around with those 2nd round picks we have....
to increase our draft pick totals...

It will be interesting.

SOCALORADO.
03-04-2011, 11:44 AM
I'm wondering if maybe we are gonna take that #2 pick...

then they will be trading around with those 2nd round picks we have....
to increase our draft pick totals...

It will be interesting.

The 2nd round picks equal the #16 (JAX) pick of the 1st round i think.
Is that what you mean?
DEN could hypothetically (of course) draft,
1. Dareus
16. Watt
I think Watt is a late 1st rounder, with Clayborn, Jordan and Kerrigan all going ahead of him.
JAX would then have the 36th,46th and 49th picks of the 2nd round.
I am not really for this idea, simply beacuse of the value in the 2nd, but it is food for thought. It would only work if DEN got exactly who they wanted.
GB did this to get Raji/Matthews a while back ago. I cant remember exactly how it worked out though.

TXBRONC
03-04-2011, 11:54 AM
1. Dareus
2. Fairley
3. Bowers
4. Miller
5. Quinn
6. Forget about Peterson.

NightTerror218
03-04-2011, 01:50 PM
The 2nd round picks equal the #16 (JAX) pick of the 1st round i think.
Is that what you mean?
DEN could hypothetically (of course) draft,
1. Dareus
16. Watt
I think Watt is a late 1st rounder, with Clayborn, Jordan and Kerrigan all going ahead of him.
JAX would then have the 36th,46th and 49th picks of the 2nd round.
I am not really for this idea, simply beacuse of the value in the 2nd, but it is food for thought. It would only work if DEN got exactly who they wanted.
GB did this to get Raji/Matthews a while back ago. I cant remember exactly how it worked out though.

I am really hoping Kerrigan falls to 2nd round. There are so many DL in the 1st rounder and I could see some QBs and other positions sneaking into mid to later 1st round just for teams to be filling there needs rather then BPA.

I Eat Staples
03-04-2011, 04:06 PM
Why do some of you prefer Quinn to Bowers? I'm not seeing that.

cuzz4169
03-04-2011, 06:10 PM
One stat I find interesting between Fairley and Dareus is QB hits Fairley 21 to Dareus 10. Fairley gets to the QB no doubt about it. I think with Doom next to him he would be even better.

TXBRONC
03-05-2011, 09:06 AM
One stat I find interesting between Fairley and Dareus is QB hits Fairley 21 to Dareus 10. Fairley gets to the QB no doubt about it. I think with Doom next to him he would be even better.

As I've said I'm not against drafting Fairley but it's not like he has full resume to look at. Dareus has been more consistent.

tomjonesrocks
03-05-2011, 09:28 AM
Mark Ingram
A.J. Green
Trade for Carson Palmer

I see RB as just as dire a need as the DL.
And with DT failing to replace Marshall (as expected) WR is pretty thin as well.

:behindsofa:

cuzz4169
03-05-2011, 11:19 AM
As I've said I'm not against drafting Fairley but it's not like he has full resume to look at. Dareus has been more consistent.

I understand what your saying...but its not like Fairley was at Auburn for 4 yrs and then just showed up in the box score...His last year at juco was good also. Everyone has different paths they take. Thing you have to remember is he only played 2 yrs at auburn. And not many Juco players make an immediate impact. Cam Newton don't count he went to Div 1 first then Juco.

hamrob
03-05-2011, 02:59 PM
1. Trade down
2. Miller (Will be a concensus Pro-bowl player) [Can't miss]
3. Peterson (Stud with positive attitude who can play Safety too) [Can't miss]
4. Dareus (Warren Sapp)
5. Bowers (Better against the run than Quinn)
6. Quinn (We already have Doom and Ayers)

I have to take Fairley out of the equation. His talent is huge...but, he's another head case in the making. No thanks. If we could pick up another 2nd and 3rd to go with our 2-2nd's and 3rd that we already have. You have to do it (as long as you get a top 10 pick). Why? Because you will get one of these kids for sure. There are 2 WR's and 2 QB's that may also go in the top 10 along with Nmukamora. That guarentees us one of the top five on any of our lists...anywhere in the top 10.

Trade down...pick up an extra 2 and 3.

We can get a top ranked MLB, Safety, TE, Guard in the 2nd. If we play this draft right, we can have the nucleus of winning team...quickly!

SmilinAssasSin27
03-05-2011, 03:12 PM

He was a 3-4 DE at Bama, of course he's gonna look different that Fairley did. Fairley was asked to do 1 thing...beat his man up the middle and get the QB. And he did that real well. It's gonna make him rich. Dareus played unselfishly as a 3-4 DE, was regularly double teamed once Cody left, and still dominated. To say he wasn't an impact player is simply uneducated and makes be believe you really haven't seen one tape of him. The Michigan State Bowl game alone showed his dominance. As did the Natl Title game v Texas. He has much more position flexibility than Fairley and isn't the behavioral risk. Add to that the extra 20 lbs and, to me, he's CLEARLY the pick here. He's gonna be better than Fairley.

TXBRONC
03-05-2011, 03:52 PM
He was a 3-4 DE at Bama, of course he's gonna look different that Fairley did. Fairley was asked to do 1 thing...beat his man up the middle and get the QB. And he did that real well. It's gonna make him rich. Dareus played unselfishly as a 3-4 DE, was regularly double teamed once Cody left, and still dominated. To say he wasn't an impact player is simply uneducated and makes be believe you really haven't seen one tape of him. The Michigan State Bowl game alone showed his dominance. As did the Natl Title game v Texas. He has much more position flexibility than Fairley and isn't the behavioral risk. Add to that the extra 20 lbs and, to me, he's CLEARLY the pick here. He's gonna be better than Fairley.

Early on I thought Fairley would be my first choice, but over the last couple of weeks or so I've become convinced Dareus is my first choice. That's not to say I would be disappointed taking Fairley but I think Dareus is the better choice for us.

SmilinAssasSin27
03-05-2011, 04:17 PM
Early on I thought Fairley would be my first choice, but over the last couple of weeks or so I've become convinced Dareus is my first choice. That's not to say I would be disappointed taking Fairley but I think Dareus is the better choice for us.

Agreed. This is not an anti-Fairley campaign by any means. We call his name at #2 and I'm still quite pleased. I just believe that Dareus has been as good, for a longer period of time, in multiple schemes and positions and w/ less 15 yard penalties than Fairley. Plus all things equal, gimme the extra 20 lbs if it doesn't look sloppy. Dareus has it and looks strong and stout, not fat like some of the other guys at his weight. That is why he's my #1. Fairley is my #2 and Bowesr is close behind at #3.

cuzz4169
03-05-2011, 05:49 PM

Everyone on that defense looked good against Michigan St. so that means nothing. Fairley can play DE or DT in 4-3 Dareus cannot. Dareus is either a 4-3 Dt or a 3-4 DE. We need pass rush and its proven Fairley can do that from the DT position. Dareus has NEVER been a proven pass rusher. I watched Dareus a lot this past year and just didn't stand out for me sorry. Like I said i'm a gator fan and he was never a concern in any game.

SmilinAssasSin27
03-06-2011, 04:54 PM
Everyone on that defense looked good against Michigan St. so that means nothing. Fairley can play DE or DT in 4-3 Dareus cannot. Dareus is either a 4-3 Dt or a 3-4 DE. We need pass rush and its proven Fairley can do that from the DT position. Dareus has NEVER been a proven pass rusher. I watched Dareus a lot this past year and just didn't stand out for me sorry. Like I said i'm a gator fan and he was never a concern in any game.

So it means nothing that he dominated in his last 2 bowl games, one of which was the Natl Champ Game, just because his whole team played well? Really? He's dismissed because he's too good for the offense? Okay buddy. Nice try. BTW, how'd Fairley look in the Natl Champ game?

At 320, Dareus could also play NT in a 3-4. He's stout at the point of attack and has been used there some at Bama. I agree we need a pass rush, but we do have Doom coming back. Also, I'd never agree that Dareus CAN'T get to the QB. Hard to argue that he wasn't a "proven" pass rusher when he wasn't asked to do it AT ALL. Then again, he did have 11 scaks in the past 2 years as a 3-4 DE. Last I checked, that's a spot which doesn't get asked to rush the passer. Especially vs spread offenses like Florida where yer QB is always on the move or tossing quick routes. I guess I am arguing that, huh? Maybe it's not that hard afterall. Dareus is an amazing athelete. He played the role his team asked him to and he did it well enough to get consideration as a top pick in this draft as a junior. His combine numbers just enhanced his status. They didn't make him.

cuzz4169
03-06-2011, 07:26 PM
So it means nothing that he dominated in his last 2 bowl games, one of which was the Natl Champ Game, just because his whole team played well? Really? He's dismissed because he's too good for the offense? Okay buddy. Nice try. BTW, how'd Fairley look in the Natl Champ game?

At 320, Dareus could also play NT in a 3-4. He's stout at the point of attack and has been used there some at Bama. I agree we need a pass rush, but we do have Doom coming back. Also, I'd never agree that Dareus CAN'T get to the QB. Hard to argue that he wasn't a "proven" pass rusher when he wasn't asked to do it AT ALL. Then again, he did have 11 scaks in the past 2 years as a 3-4 DE. Last I checked, that's a spot which doesn't get asked to rush the passer. Especially vs spread offenses like Florida where yer QB is always on the move or tossing quick routes. I guess I am arguing that, huh? Maybe it's not that hard afterall. Dareus is an amazing athelete. He played the role his team asked him to and he did it well enough to get consideration as a top pick in this draft as a junior. His combine numbers just enhanced his status. They didn't make him.

How did Fairley look!!?? LOL did you watch?.....I think he was MVP (sarcasm). every play he was in the backfield. Not gonna debate Dareus anymore I don't think he's any better than Dan Williams...Ive watched them both for a couple years. He will be a solid player in the NFL but not a difference maker...I think Fairley will.

explain this: Duke 1 tackle, Arkansas 1 tackle, Florida 3 tackles, Tennessee 2 tackles, Mississippi st. 3 tackles, Georgia st. an ast., Auburn 3 tackles and a sack.......Real dominant #s...Yea yea he played DE in a 3-4...well let him go play DE in a 3-4 for someone else not DT for us in a 4-3. Lets Draft a guy who doesn't really play the 3 technique #2 overall. He's not a 3 technique type of player.

Fairley: 8 tackles against Arkansas, 5 tackles 2 sacks against Mississippi st., Against Alabama who always has one of the best o-lines 4 tackles 2 sacks, Against LSU 6 tackles 3 sacks...I don't need to write anymore its just flat out stupid.

I said it over and over Dareus doesn't dominate yes he had a couple nice games on the big stage (so didn't Ricky Jean-Francois, Derrick Harvey, Justin Vincent, Craig Krenzel, Ken Dorsey, Torrance Marshall, Mike Doss, Peerless Price, Dwayne Goodrich A lot of BCS MVPs who are meaningless) I watched the full game against Florida, Arkansas and against Auburn...he wasn't anything he didn't stand out. He will be a solid run stuffing DT in the NFL is that what we want at the #2 pick? He's NOT a pass rusher. Fairley is gifted as a pass rusher Long arms with great moves and his penetration is incredible. In 2009 Fairley started 2 games and still had just as many tackles as Dareus 33 tackles to Fairley 28 tackles.

My point is I watched 4 games of his this year and in 3 of those games he did jack shit...didn't know he was out there. Fairley is all over the field all in the backfield in every game I watched him. For 2 years I watched Florida & Alabama and Dareus was a guy I never worried about.

Don't make your judgments just from his highlights watch complete games of him. And for real I'm done with this guy no more debating...I have no more to say. I just hope we don't take him a lot of fans will be disappointed. Just know I'm a Fairley guy not a Dareus guy.

Why do people get so offended when you debate players? My opinion is different then yours...so what. It's stupid how people try to be little you...you have no clue who I am or how many years or titles or anything Ive won as a coach or player or if I'm a fat Jabba the hut couch potato. Same for me to you. I will not (and If I have in the past my bad I wont do it again) tell someone they don't know what they r talking about. You may like fat girls I like skinny we all have different opinions. lol joking ( I'm not saying this about the past poster just in general)

dogfish
03-06-2011, 07:56 PM
Lets Draft a guy who doesn't really play the 3 technique #2 overall. He's not a 3 technique type of player.

warren sapp says dareus will be the best three-technique out of this class. . .

cuzz4169
03-06-2011, 08:04 PM

Warren Sapp is the biggest clown in football....He's worse then joe theismann....Yea I've listened to him for some reason he's hating on fairley. Jealous bc a lot of talk was that Fairley's season was better than sapp.

TXBRONC
03-07-2011, 10:00 AM
I understand what your saying...but its not like Fairley was at Auburn for 4 yrs and then just showed up in the box score...His last year at juco was good also. Everyone has different paths they take. Thing you have to remember is he only played 2 yrs at auburn. And not many Juco players make an immediate impact. Cam Newton don't count he went to Div 1 first then Juco.

That is still the point. He can out nowhere and had one terrific season. So had a good season at juco that honestly doesn't mean anything. You don't go up against elite competition week in and week out at the juco level. NFL history is littered with guys that had one great season at I-A level only to be a complete dud at the pro level. That doesn't mean Fairley will be dud but I'm much more comfortable with guy who has preformed well against elite competition for a longer period of time.

Again I wont be gnashing my teeth if we choose Fairley even if Dareus is available and Denver decides to go with Fairley instead. Just the way things played out so I've become more comfortable with idea as Dareus as our top pick because he's played at high level against elite competition for a longer period of time.

BigDaddyBronco
03-07-2011, 10:32 AM
So does Mike Mayock.

claymore
03-07-2011, 10:39 AM
So does Mike Mayock.

You stay out of this chubby ass.

TXBRONC
03-07-2011, 11:58 AM

It sounds like you're jealous. :shocked:
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

cuzz4169
03-07-2011, 12:33 PM
So does Mike Mayock.

We will see what the Broncos say in a few weeks.

BigDaddyBronco
03-07-2011, 12:42 PM

I'll be on you like white on rice. :mad:

topscribe
03-07-2011, 01:16 PM

4. Da'Quan Bowers-Great size to hold up against the run and was nations top pass rusher. I think he has a High motor. I want to see his times in his pro day to gauge his athletic ability. I didn't see consistent burst of the line from him in videos like I did with Miller. Could be Gaines Adams or could be Julius Peppers. My question is does he start right away? what if Ayers is a stud at DE? You can do the same as I said with Miller move Ayers down to DT in passing downs. But to take this guy #2 for that, is it worth it? I think we are ok at DE for a yr, we used the 18th pick on Ayers gotta give him a shot at DE. Bowers is a boom or bust guy.

5. Marcell Dareus- Big body pretty athletic for his size. Can control his gap on the field..Ok as a pass rusher, Not as good as Fairley. Had a great combine, but he is a guy I'm not sold on. I just don't remember him really dominating games at the DT position Like Fairley or a Suh or a McCoy. Like I said before I'm a Gators fan and I never was concerned about him in the game. I think he will be a good player in the NFL but never a stud. 11 career sacks 71 total tackles 20 tackles for a loss in 3 yrs. compared to Fairley 88 tackles career, 13 sacks career, 27.5 TFL career in 2 yrs. Obviously I like Fairley a lot better. Not sold on Dareus don't care about his combine #'s just wasn't a stand out on film to me.

Nice job, Coach. I like Fairley for his explosiveness. Only thing is, I would also
like to see some real beef at DT, and Fairley weighed in at 291 at the Combine,
as you know. Vickerson has that beef, but where will he play: RDT or LDT?
RDT is right next to Doom, and I think Doom needs some beef next to him.
Nonetheless, Fairley is my #1.

Peterson is just nearly a tie with Fairley to draft, IMO, for the very reasons
you gave. He is the best in the draft, heads and shoulders. So how does one
pass on him? Very carefully, to borrow an adage. In addition to your reasons,
we know the draft is very deep in DL, so there should be some quality left for
the two 2nd rounders. That makes Peterson even more tempting.

Dareus is next for me, and he also is in with the other two at a near tie. There
is the beef I would like to see. I had him at a clear number one, but your
observations have given me pause. I know you have seen a lot of him, and I
value your opinion (despite your misguided impressions about Orton :D ). This
has just created some doubts in my little mind.

I really like Miller . . . a lot. But I believe bringing him on might cause more
problems than it would solve. Where would the Broncos play him, as opposed
to DJ, who is a fine Will but a mediocre Mike? Can Miller play Mike? Can he
excel at it?--Because if he can, that would launch him to the very top of my
list. But we don't know that. One thing I do know: I would not like to see
either Miller or DJ at Sam. That is not the position for a high-priced, blue chip
linebacker.

Bowers, to me, is out. Not because he isn't a premier player. He is. But the
Broncos just do not need a DE, IMO. They have Doom and Ayers. They don't
need three starters at DE. They need a DT if they're going with DL, IMO.

Anyway, there is my 1¢ (trying to work my way up to 2¢).

-----

cuzz4169
03-07-2011, 01:51 PM
Nice job, Coach. I like Fairley for his explosiveness. Only thing is, I would also
like to see some real beef at DT, and Fairley weighed in at 291 at the Combine,
as you know. Vickerson has that beef, but where will he play: RDT or LDT?
RDT is right next to Doom, and I think Doom needs some beef next to him.
Nonetheless, Fairley is my #1.

Peterson is just nearly a tie with Fairley to draft, IMO, for the very reasons
you gave. He is the best in the draft, heads and shoulders. So how does one
pass on him? Very carefully, to borrow an adage. In addition to your reasons,
we know the draft is very deep in DL, so there should be some quality left for
the two 2nd rounders. That makes Peterson even more tempting.

Dareus is next for me, and he also is in with the other two at a near tie. There
is the beef I would like to see. I had him at a clear number one, but your
observations have given me pause. I know you have seen a lot of him, and I
value your opinion (despite your misguided impressions about Orton :D ). This
has just created some doubts in my little mind.

I really like Miller . . . a lot. But I believe bringing him on might cause more
problems than it would solve. Where would the Broncos play him, as opposed
to DJ, who is a fine Will but a mediocre Mike? Can Miller play Mike? Can he
excel at it?--Because if he can, that would launch him to the very top of my
list. But we don't know that. One thing I do know: I would not like to see
either Miller or DJ at Sam. That is not the position for a high-priced, blue chip
linebacker.

Bowers, to me, is out. Not because he isn't a premier player. He is. But the
Broncos just do not need a DE, IMO. They have Doom and Ayers. They don't
need three starters at DE. They need a DT if they're going with DL, IMO.

Anyway, there is my 1¢ (trying to work my way up to 2¢).

-----

First let me rub your shoulders a little too...I only read a few people's opinionated posts on here and you are one of them. I'm a football guy 365 days a year and I like talking football with the same type of people.

Just to touch a little on Fairley's size...If he is next to Doom which I would see him playing the RDT position in Base formations...I don't see his 291lbs being a problem if he continues to play the same way..He's a penetrating (I love this word) DT, if he is disruptive enough he will single up Doom plus keep a OL of the LB. Now that's the player he was in college...I think he can be that guy in the pros. Maybe its just me I would rather have a guy who penetrates than a guy who just hold's his ground and is big (especially if we have fast LBs). I agree I think Fairley is far more explosive IN GAME than Dareus.

cuzz4169
03-07-2011, 02:10 PM
That is still the point. He can out nowhere and had one terrific season. So had a good season at juco that honestly doesn't mean anything. You don't go up against elite competition week in and week out at the juco level.

I can't remember who said it...but it has been said players coming from Juco should be red shirted bc it is a yr transition to play top Div. 1 football (especially SEC football). So look at Fairley's first yr as a wash, he had to play not like Auburns D is loaded.

T.K.O.
03-07-2011, 06:30 PM
not knowing much about college ball....i have one BIG concern.
i have heard several times that Bowers has a "lingering" foot injury ?
can the broncos really afford to take a guy who may well have a stunted transition to the NFL by drafting another player with any sort of injury,let alone a "lingering "one?

SmilinAssasSin27
03-07-2011, 07:07 PM
How did Fairley look!!?? LOL did you watch?.....I think he was MVP (sarcasm). every play he was in the backfield. Not gonna debate Dareus anymore I don't think he's any better than Dan Williams...Ive watched them both for a couple years. He will be a solid player in the NFL but not a difference maker...I think Fairley will.

explain this: Duke 1 tackle, Arkansas 1 tackle, Florida 3 tackles, Tennessee 2 tackles, Mississippi st. 3 tackles, Georgia st. an ast., Auburn 3 tackles and a sack.......Real dominant #s...Yea yea he played DE in a 3-4...well let him go play DE in a 3-4 for someone else not DT for us in a 4-3. Lets Draft a guy who doesn't really play the 3 technique #2 overall. He's not a 3 technique type of player.

Fairley: 8 tackles against Arkansas, 5 tackles 2 sacks against Mississippi st., Against Alabama who always has one of the best o-lines 4 tackles 2 sacks, Against LSU 6 tackles 3 sacks...I don't need to write anymore its just flat out stupid.

I said it over and over Dareus doesn't dominate yes he had a couple nice games on the big stage (so didn't Ricky Jean-Francois, Derrick Harvey, Justin Vincent, Craig Krenzel, Ken Dorsey, Torrance Marshall, Mike Doss, Peerless Price, Dwayne Goodrich A lot of BCS MVPs who are meaningless) I watched the full game against Florida, Arkansas and against Auburn...he wasn't anything he didn't stand out. He will be a solid run stuffing DT in the NFL is that what we want at the #2 pick? He's NOT a pass rusher. Fairley is gifted as a pass rusher Long arms with great moves and his penetration is incredible. In 2009 Fairley started 2 games and still had just as many tackles as Dareus 33 tackles to Fairley 28 tackles.

My point is I watched 4 games of his this year and in 3 of those games he did jack shit...didn't know he was out there. Fairley is all over the field all in the backfield in every game I watched him. For 2 years I watched Florida & Alabama and Dareus was a guy I never worried about.

Don't make your judgments just from his highlights watch complete games of him. And for real I'm done with this guy no more debating...I have no more to say. I just hope we don't take him a lot of fans will be disappointed. Just know I'm a Fairley guy not a Dareus guy.

Why do people get so offended when you debate players? My opinion is different then yours...so what. It's stupid how people try to be little you...you have no clue who I am or how many years or titles or anything Ive won as a coach or player or if I'm a fat Jabba the hut couch potato. Same for me to you. I will not (and If I have in the past my bad I wont do it again) tell someone they don't know what they r talking about. You may like fat girls I like skinny we all have different opinions. lol joking ( I'm not saying this about the past poster just in general)

Well supported argument...but I still disagree. This may just come down to what we each want. I want a run stuffer who can also get the QB on occasion. I also want a guy who can switch to 3-4 end when the DC wants to get creative. You want the pass rusher. I can dig that. Dude is great at that. No doubt. I personally like the beef. I am a believer that if ya hammer the run game, the rest will take care of itself...obviously w/ the right personnel of course. I'd gladly use two top 5-10 picks on Kevin and Pat Williams types. Minnesota's whole D is better as a result of their presence. And I think Dareus will be that.

Also, I'm hardly offended over a debate. You and I just don't seem to see eye to eye on a few things. It is what it is. You said you didn't get the Dareus love and I responded. No more. No less. It's what makes these boards fun. I NEVER harbor any ill will over some dude I who doesn't agree w/ me on the interweb.

That said...watch us draft Peterson.:beer: