PDA

View Full Version : Tebow comments on Fox's decision to start KO

Bullgator
03-02-2011, 08:07 PM
Recently, new Denver coach John Fox announced that Kyle Orton is his starting quarterback and not Tebow, the 2007 Heisman Trophy winner and two-time national champion at Florida.

"That's fine," Tebow said Wednesday. "It doesn't matter until you go out there and start competing. That's my attitude."

The impending NFL lockout apparently is of no great concern, either. Tebow said "that won't deter me at all from my training routine and what I'm going to do."

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/golf/commentary-tim-tebow-in-honda-classic-pro-am-1293491.html?cxtype=ynews_rss

PAINTERDAVE
03-02-2011, 08:17 PM
Tim's got a great attitude.... he'll just keep working...
I expect him to do well for the Broncos when he gets his chance.

I still think that Elway trades Orton the moment the CBA is a done deal.

Bullgator
03-02-2011, 08:21 PM

I agree, there simply is no upside to keeping KO as a gapstop for 8 mil when he value could help the team in other areas.

NightTerror218
03-02-2011, 08:23 PM
Recently, new Denver coach John Fox announced that Kyle Orton is his starting quarterback and not Tebow, the 2007 Heisman Trophy winner and two-time national champion at Florida.

"That's fine," Tebow said Wednesday. "It doesn't matter until you go out there and start competing. That's my attitude."

The impending NFL lockout apparently is of no great concern, either. Tebow said "that won't deter me at all from my training routine and what I'm going to do."

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/golf/commentary-tim-tebow-in-honda-classic-pro-am-1293491.html?cxtype=ynews_rss

Shows that nothing will make him waiver....he is determined and nothing will get him down, just another obstacle for him to blow up (he doesn't hurdle he destroys).

turftoad
03-02-2011, 08:24 PM
Pretty much what I excected him to say, I mean, what else can he really say?

jhildebrand
03-02-2011, 08:25 PM
I said it before and I will say it again:

The comments by Fox and Elway are nothing more than to appease/baby Orton. His ego is fragile and the team has no choice but to baby him either to protect his value or in the event he remains a bronco due to the cba.

I don't get how the Orton crowd can't see how sad it is that they have to tip toe around Orton like a primadona WR.

Glad to see Tebow's response. I just like that kid even more now. I hope Orton keeps his sense of entitlement. That alone will be his quickest ticket out of Denver.

chazoe60
03-02-2011, 08:26 PM
Not as if there is a great QB standing in his way. If he can't beat out that slug then Tebow won't ever make it.

Bullgator
03-02-2011, 08:33 PM
Not as if there is a great QB standing in his way. If he can't beat out that slug then Tebow won't ever make it.

I wonder what decides specifically who starts? whats the criteria exactly?

nevcraw
03-02-2011, 08:49 PM
I want desperatly to watch Tebow beat out Orton.. I have no doubts that tebow will pass him by sooner than later.. his determination cannot be matched by the guy the McD was ready to trade for not working hard..

and for those that say Fox likes the journeyman style QB because he tied himself to Delhomme for all those years-- don't you think he learned that may have been a mistake?
Should be fun to watch..

NightTerror218
03-02-2011, 08:59 PM
Tebow was too busy at his Pro-Am golf tourney to comment....where the brightest orange pants i have ever seen:

http://www.milehighreport.com/2011/3/2/2026334/tim-tebow-hits-the-links-in-orange

Dzone
03-02-2011, 09:41 PM
Heard on 877 that Tebow was on the cover of the season Ticket renewal packet. Why wouldnt they put Orton on that?
So the Broncos are using Tebow to market the team. Hmmmm...

PAINTERDAVE
03-02-2011, 09:47 PM
I want desperatly to watch Tebow beat out Orton.. I have no doubts that tebow will pass him by sooner than later.. his determination cannot be matched by the guy the McD was ready to trade for not working hard..

and for those that say Fox likes the journeyman style QB because he tied himself to Delhomme for all those years-- don't you think he learned that may have been a mistake?
Should be fun to watch..

I honestly don't think Fox will get the chance to decide...
I fully expect Elway to trade Kyle away the moment the CBA is signed.
FO decision on personel...
takes any and all responsibility for the trade away from the Head Coach.

HORSEPOWER 56
03-02-2011, 09:55 PM
I think they should just arm wrestle for it...

No?

How about a footrace...

No?

Push-up contest?

No?

Pull-ups?

Damn, I'm really trying to find some fair competition, but the only thing I can think of the Kyle might be able to beat Tim at is boozin'. So, I guess shots 'till someone passes out would unfairly favor Kyle.

Okay, I've got it! Purdue/ex-Bear fans can fight Gator fans in a steel cage death match and the winners' QB gets to start! Deal?

... I thought it was a good idea. :whoknows:

Chris90210
03-02-2011, 11:18 PM
I think they should just arm wrestle for it...

No?

How about a footrace...

No?

Push-up contest?

No?

Pull-ups?

Damn, I'm really trying to find some fair competition, but the only thing I can think of the Kyle might be able to beat Tim at is boozin'. So, I guess shots 'till someone passes out would unfairly favor Kyle.

Okay, I've got it! Purdue/ex-Bear fans can fight Gator fans in a steel cage death match and the winners' QB gets to start! Deal?

... I thought it was a good idea. :whoknows:
:lol: they could play uno or go fish for the job

rcsodak
03-02-2011, 11:28 PM
How about the qb with the more manly voice start.

:couch:
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

BeefStew25
03-02-2011, 11:30 PM
I think Elway knows Tebows brain. Always challenge him.

And I think Horton can get us our pick for Maroney back.

Montana Battlin Bear
03-03-2011, 02:19 AM
dude you have to change that avatar haha

Chris90210
03-03-2011, 02:31 AM

Naw it's making his posts that much funnier :lol:

Bullgator
03-03-2011, 09:25 AM

rofl its the other chicago bears

TXBRONC
03-03-2011, 10:06 AM

If Tebow has the opportunity to work with McCoy and Gase I confident he could push Orton to the breaking point because of his attitude and work ethic.

If the CBA is done early enough to get in a full off season then I think the chances are good that Orton gets traded. However, if there a lengthy lockout then I think the better the chances that Orton stays and at very least initially gets the starting nod.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-03-2011, 11:31 AM
I wonder what decides specifically who starts? whats the criteria exactly?

IMO, the criteria will be if a new CBA gets done, and either how early or how late it gets done.

Bullgator
03-03-2011, 11:47 AM
10-14 days

rcsodak
03-03-2011, 11:49 AM
Heard on 877 that Tebow was on the cover of the season Ticket renewal packet. Why wouldnt they put Orton on that?
So the Broncos are using Tebow to market the team. Hmmmm...who had the higher jersey sells? Who's the hot talk on the town?
nuff said

Bullgator
03-03-2011, 11:56 AM
If you are going to put a popular face on it instead of who is actually starting next season then why not put elway on there?

its as clear as day TT will be the starter as soon as the CBA get dizzun

Edmonton Bronco Fan
03-03-2011, 12:02 PM
Duh.... winning! Tiger blood always rises to the top and Tebow has it in spades.

rcsodak
03-03-2011, 12:08 PM
Lmao..rotfhmbcih........

With everybody ALL IN on TT and his starting......

....the carnage/tears will be unbearable should he not.

Wow. :lol: :laugh:

Broncospsycho77
03-03-2011, 12:17 PM
Duh.... winning! Tiger blood always rises to the top and Tebow has it in spades.

Orton needs to plan better. All that needs to be said.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-03-2011, 12:25 PM
So the Broncos are using Tebow to market the team. Hmmmm...

Yes and no - I am looking at my season ticket renewal packet right now - on the cover it shows players running onto the field - with Brandon Lloyd first, Tim next and Demaryius behind him, and a few other players also there. Then within the packet itself is, for better words to explain it - a large size postcard with Tebow and Demaryius on it (two pictures of each), with the caption below "Limited edition Tim Tebow and Demaryius Thomas poster print". On the backside it states - "pay in full by March 1, 2011, and receive a limited edition 20" x 24" Tim Tebow and Demaryius Thomas poster print. Plus, you will be automatically entered to win a trip for two on the team plane to see a Broncos away game in 2011".

So - yes Tebow is on the cover of the season ticket renewal packet, as are other players, and there is a section of fans also in the picture. IMO, that certainly does not indicate much of anything, and Demaryius is featured just as much as Tim is.

NightTerror218
03-03-2011, 12:29 PM
who had the higher jersey sells? Who's the hot talk on the town?
nuff said

Bailey!!!!!!!!!

Dzone
03-03-2011, 12:37 PM
its disturbing

Dzone
03-03-2011, 12:43 PM
Yes and no - I am looking at my season ticket renewal packet right now - on the cover it shows players running onto the field - with Brandon Lloyd first, Tim next and Demaryius behind him, and a few other players also there. Then within the packet itself is, for better words to explain it - a large size postcard with Tebow and Demaryius on it (two pictures of each), with the caption below "Limited edition Tim Tebow and Demaryius Thomas poster print". On the backside it states - "pay in full by March 1, 2011, and receive a limited edition 20" x 24" Tim Tebow and Demaryius Thomas poster print. Plus, you will be automatically entered to win a trip for two on the team plane to see a Broncos away game in 2011".

So - yes Tebow is on the cover of the season ticket renewal packet, as are other players, and there is a section of fans also in the picture. IMO, that certainly does not indicate much of anything, and Demaryius is featured just as much as Tim is.

geez, these radio talk show guys on 877 will do anything to get people calling in. They made it sound like the packet was all about Tebow and asked why on earth the Broncos would use Tebow to promote the team while not supporting him in public? They totally exaggerated it

Denver Native (Carol)
03-03-2011, 12:56 PM
geez, these radio talk show guys on 877 will do anything to get people calling in. They made it sound like the packet was all about Tebow and asked why on earth the Broncos would use Tebow to promote the team while not supporting him in public? They totally exaggerated it

That is what talk show guys do, regardless of what station they are on, if they don't throw out something controversial, no one will call in to discuss, debate, etc. Who on the ticket stated that Tebow was featured? Also, IMO, stating that the Broncos are not supporting Tebow is a definite stretch in interpreting what the Broncos said/meant.

NightTerror218
03-03-2011, 01:31 PM
That is what talk show guys do, regardless of what station they are on, if they don't throw out something controversial, no one will call in to discuss, debate, etc. Who on the ticket stated that Tebow was featured? Also, IMO, stating that the Broncos are not supporting Tebow is a definite stretch in interpreting what the Broncos said/meant.

That is like in the Fox interview when asked about starting QB...he said I THINK in every response and everyone has taken it as if he didn't

vandammage13
03-03-2011, 02:50 PM
Tebow also had this to say in that interview...

Tebow said he has made plans to work out with Denver Broncos teammates if there's a stoppage.

“I believe we'll get together, more with the ones I'll have to be in good timing with — from the center to some of the running backs and the receivers,” Tebow said. “I don't have any idea what's going to happen, and I don't think many people do. Either way, I'll just go about my business and keep working.”

I wonder if KO is going to try to get in on this, or if he is confident his "stellar play" from last year will be enough to win the job without putting in extra work during the lockout.

NightTerror218
03-03-2011, 02:59 PM
Tebow also had this to say in that interview...

I wonder if KO is going to try to get in on this, or if he is confident his "stellar play" from last year will be enough to win the job without putting in extra work during the lockout.

From the guy who didn't event want to reach out and talk with Elway when he got to Denver (TT and Brady both contacted Elway). I think TT is going to be working a lot with Decker and Thomas if he was healthy.