PDA

View Full Version : What separates the Heat from the Knicks

Denver Native (Carol)
02-27-2011, 01:58 PM
Wonder if this writer will be called a snake also??????

Some things from the article:

But what separates the Heat’s superstars and the Knicks’ superstars is what also separates the contenders and the pretenders: attention to defense.

James and Wade are two-way players, bringing immense value to both sides of the floor. Not only has James won the last two MVP awards, but he’s also been selected first-team All-Defense each of the last two seasons. Wade himself has earned a spot on the second-team All-Defense team three out of the last five seasons.

No, the annual coach’s vote shouldn’t mean everything, but you won’t find Anthony or Stoudemire anywhere near those lists -- and that’s telling. You don’t have to completely trust the votes, you can just watch them with your own eyes. And you can check the numbers as well. Synergy Sports Technology, a data provider for NBA teams, charts each and every possession in the NBA and objectively tracks how well individuals score and defend. James and Wade each grade in the top third of the NBA in overall defensive effectiveness. Anthony and Stoudemire? Both in the bottom third of the league.

full article - much more - http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoopmiamiheat/post/_/id/4843/what-separates-the-heat-from-the-knicks

OrangeHoof
02-27-2011, 02:48 PM
One is a club full of overrated selfish prima donnas and the other is a club full of even less talented overrated selfish prima donnas. Oh, and here's another thing: Neither one will sniff the NBA Finals unless the bought-off refs hand it to them.

Ziggy
02-27-2011, 03:48 PM
You can dog Miami all you want, but Dwade is not a prima donna and Lebron is not overrated. Both are immensely talented, and will more than likely be in the finals this year. I'm not a Miami fan, but they do have 2 true superstars and another all-star.

Devilspawn
02-27-2011, 04:17 PM
A lot of my friends are seeing championships in NY. It's insane, just because we have 2 of the 5 top scorers in the NBA. But we just lost to Cleveland and we let the Bucks drop 104 on us when they can't drop 104 combined in back to back games. We're just above average. As for the Heat, I don't think they get past Boston or Chicago.

MNPatsFan
02-27-2011, 06:16 PM
You can dog Miami all you want, but Dwade is not a prima donna and Lebron is not overrated. Both are immensely talented, and will more than likely be in the finals this year. I'm not a Miami fan, but they do have 2 true superstars and another all-star.Well I think there is evidence to support an argument that DWade is a prima donna and evidence to refute that he is a prima donna. So depending on your position and perspective, you can cite evidence supporting your argument DWade is/isn't a prima donna.

As for LeBron, based on last year's playoff series again the Celtics, you can either say LeBron is overrated or that he is a quitter. It is undisputed that LeBron (1) quit on his teammates and the Cavs during that series and/or that he failed to play up to his talent/alleged talent. So if you claim LeBron isn't overrated, then he is a quitter.;)

You and other LeBron supporters will probably come back with some excuse that he didn't have good enough teammates around him, which is complete BS. LeBron and his teammates were good enough to earn the BEST RECORD in the NBA last season and the year before that, BUT LeBron and his teammates failed to advance to the NBA Championship either year/season.:eek:

The Cavs failure to make it to the NBA Championship either season despite having the best record both seasons is an indictment of LeBron, his talent, and his leadership or lack thereof.

Ziggy
02-27-2011, 08:08 PM
Well I think there is evidence to support an argument that DWade is a prima donna and evidence to refute that he is a prima donna. So depending on your position and perspective, you can cite evidence supporting your argument DWade is/isn't a prima donna.

As for LeBron, based on last year's playoff series again the Celtics, you can either say LeBron is overrated or that he is a quitter. It is undisputed that LeBron (1) quit on his teammates and the Cavs during that series and/or that he failed to play up to his talent/alleged talent. So if you claim LeBron isn't overrated, then he is a quitter.;)

You and other LeBron supporters will probably come back with some excuse that he didn't have good enough teammates around him, which is complete BS. LeBron and his teammates were good enough to earn the BEST RECORD in the NBA last season and the year before that, BUT LeBron and his teammates failed to advance to the NBA Championship either year/season.:eek:

The Cavs failure to make it to the NBA Championship either season despite having the best record both seasons is an indictment of LeBron, his talent, and his leadership or lack thereof.

I disagree. Elway is a perfect example. He got his team to 3 super bowls, but got humiliated in each one of them until he got more talented teammates. Because he was destroyed on those super bowls didn't mean he was any less of a player, overrated, or a prima donna. One man cannot win a championship in pro sports on his own.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-27-2011, 11:39 PM
After the Knicks win tonight on ESPN, Anthony made the following comment:

"When I made this move, I wanted to take on challenges"

WELL - WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE IF YOU WOULD HAVE WANTED TO TAKE ON CHALLENGES WITH THE NUGGETS :tsk: :mad: :tsk:

BroncoAV06
02-28-2011, 01:23 AM
Saw someone say Melo=Cutler. Makes sense going to be back and fourth bashing forever.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

MNPatsFan
02-28-2011, 11:16 AM
I disagree. Elway is a perfect example. He got his team to 3 super bowls, but got humiliated in each one of them until he got more talented teammates. Because he was destroyed on those super bowls didn't mean he was any less of a player, overrated, or a prima donna. I man cannot win a championship in pro sports.No that is a horrible example or comparison because unlike LeBron and the Cavs, the Denver Broncos did not have the BEST record in the NFL in the 1986, 1987 or 1989 seasons. The Cavs were a lot more than just LeBron as evidenced by the fact they had the BEST record in the NBA the past two seasons and last year split their season series with the Celtics while sweeping the Lakers. A one-man team can't have the best record in the NBA and split with one of the best teams while sweeping another. So please stop being a blatant LeBron apologist and claiming that he was alone or the Cavs were a one-man team.:tsk:

The Broncos also were not favored to win ANY of the Super Bowls John Elway lost, while LeBron and the Cavs were favored to beat BOTH the Orlando Magic and the Boston Celtics and make it to the NBA Championships. At the start of last year's playoffs, LeBron and the Cavs were favored to win the NBA Championship and didn't even make it to the Eastern Championships. Can't remember if LeBron and the Cavs were favored to win the NBA Championship the year they lost to Orlando.

Finally, Denver Broncos can correct me if I am wrong but I don't remember John Elway ever being accused of quitting on his team and teammates in any of his Super Bowl loses. However, many players, coaches and commentators accused or stated that LeBron quit on his team and teammates during last year's playoff loss to the Celtics.

BroncoAV06
02-28-2011, 09:49 PM
The quitting issue is well an issue.

But to sit here and say oh they had the best record in the regular so they should be a shoe in for the finals is not understanding playoff basketball.

Jamison, Williams, Varajo, Big Z, really? Even one of the best players in the game can't carry those players every series and over the Celtics who have a title and an actual team.

James got them to the finals which was huge when Daniel Gibson was playing mins. Cavs never made legit moves to put people around Lebron. Jamison is your big piece? Yeah no.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

MNPatsFan
03-06-2011, 05:01 PM
The quitting issue is well an issue.

But to sit here and say oh they had the best record in the regular so they should be a shoe in for the finals is not understanding playoff basketball.

Jamison, Williams, Varajo, Big Z, really? Even one of the best players in the game can't carry those players every series and over the Celtics who have a title and an actual team.

James got them to the finals which was huge when Daniel Gibson was playing mins. Cavs never made legit moves to put people around Lebron. Jamison is your big piece? Yeah no.Well there is no disputing that Miami has done everything possible to match other star players with LeBron by retaining DWade and signing Chris Bosh. The Heat have also been proactive it trying to bring in other players such as Troy Murphy, Mike Bibby etc. So what excuse will you and other LeBron apologists use after this season if they don't win the NBA Championship.;)

BTW, based on the way that LeBron, DWade, Bosh and the rest of the Heat are playing against the top NBA teams, the Heat may not even make it past the first round of the playoffs.:laugh:

If the Heat do lose in the first round of the playoffs, then that is another indictment against LeBron and his teammates because there is clearly too much talent on the Heat to lose in the first round of the playoffs.:eek:

Dzone
03-06-2011, 05:21 PM
Lakers are destroying SA, ending 22 straight wins at home

BroncoAV06
03-06-2011, 10:13 PM
Well there is no disputing that Miami has done everything possible to match other star players with LeBron by retaining DWade and signing Chris Bosh. The Heat have also been proactive it trying to bring in other players such as Troy Murphy, Mike Bibby etc. So what excuse will you and other LeBron apologists use after this season if they don't win the NBA Championship.;)

BTW, based on the way that LeBron, DWade, Bosh and the rest of the Heat are playing against the top NBA teams, the Heat may not even make it past the first round of the playoffs.:laugh:

If the Heat do lose in the first round of the playoffs, then that is another indictment against LeBron and his teammates because there is clearly too much talent on the Heat to lose in the first round of the playoffs.:eek:

I'm not a Heat fan or LeBron apologist. But I will come up with reasons just for you! Plus you don't see it many times in basketball a team "buying" a title. So i don't exect them to win it this year.

Agent of Orange
03-26-2011, 02:56 PM
Whats the difference between the two teams? Not only do Wade and James play defense but Spoelstra embraces defense whereas, D'Antoni doesn't.

NY needs to change coaches and bring in Mike Brown, Doc Rivers (if he doesnt return to Boston), or Lawrence Frank (since he's coaching in Boston). They need someone who can bring a system of good team defense like what you see in Chicago and Boston. Chicago and Boston are elite defensive teams without having a ton of elite individual defenders and they both use a Thibodeau defense.

NY, right now, definse excessive offense. They have a system that embraces good ball movement that generates open shots and pick and rolls with a post player, but Anthony is an iso player.

Knicks fans remember the value of defense from the 90s. They don't even embrace D'Antoni anymore.

Agent of Orange
03-26-2011, 03:00 PM
Well there is no disputing that Miami has done everything possible to match other star players with LeBron by retaining DWade and signing Chris Bosh. The Heat have also been proactive it trying to bring in other players such as Troy Murphy, Mike Bibby etc. So what excuse will you and other LeBron apologists use after this season if they don't win the NBA Championship.;)

Thats where the Bulls were smart. When Miami got those three players, the Bulls didnt commit to an arms race, because Miami had already won. What Chicago did was embrace a balanced roster and looked at their relative advantages and saw that having Noah at center was more valuable than having Carmelo Anthony.