PDA

View Full Version : Elway: dominant, not good, will be standard

Denver Native (Carol)
02-27-2011, 01:19 PM
INDIANAPOLIS — As John Elway oversees the rebuilding of the Broncos, he said good won't be good enough for the team to reach all of its goals.

"We were talking about this . . . if you're dominant on one side of the ball and good on the other side, you can win it," Elway said. "You can be good on both sides, but I'm not sure you can win it with just good on both sides. You have to be dominant on one side and good on the other, no matter what side that is."

Elway said the team is trying to lift itself throughout its depth chart, but to win the Super Bowl it will have to find a personality, an identity on the field. And there is certainly plenty of room for improvement on both sides of the ball.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_17493185

silkamilkamonico
02-27-2011, 01:27 PM
I feel like at least with this statement he is hopefully going to put some pressure on COach Fox to not completely neglect the offensive side of the ball and not allow him to run all the time to protect his defense.

claymore
02-27-2011, 02:15 PM
Man I hope Elway is a good evaluator of talent.

Dirk
02-28-2011, 07:30 AM
I could deal with the Defense being dominant and the offense being good to slightly better than good with Tebow at the helm. Sounds promising to me.