PDA

View Full Version : Cut/Damaged/Available Players

rcsodak
02-27-2011, 01:19 AM
I was serious about making a sticky thread for this sort of topic.

Just heard that Portis is expected to be cut, as soon as tomorrow.

He's 30.

He played 5gms last year for 200+yds/2TD.s

He thinks he's still got some game left.

He might also be saying that to get paid.

Concussion/groin, he says were "fluke" injuries, and he's hot brokedown. In fact, says his legs are younger than his age.

Whatcha think?

PAINTERDAVE
02-27-2011, 03:15 AM
He played only 13 of the last 32 games...
the ONLY reason we might bring him in...
is because of the jacked up situation of the CBA.

By picking him up.... IF he seems at all healthy...
it would help us make a more focused draft....
Same with any player we could snag before the deadline.

However... I have no knowledge of wether or not he is worth a crap.
Picking up Portis, or any other player available is a stopgap kind of move...
one that we might need to do... since we have such a big rebuilding project.

I certainly would not think any of the solid teams (Pats, Steelers, Jets etc)
would take a chance on him.

Portis would be LUCKY if we signed him.

Montana Battlin Bear
02-27-2011, 03:23 AM
I love Champ, but its kinda too bad we had to get rid of Portis.

I loved him and I believe if he would have stayed he could have been a first ballot HOF

BroncoBJ
02-27-2011, 04:01 AM
I love Champ, but its kinda too bad we had to get rid of Portis.

I loved him and I believe if he would have stayed he could have been a first ballot HOF

Same, I loved those 2 years of Portis here. Man, I still actually miss him. Even though hes older and washed up and injury prone now, but I'd still love to have him back. :lol: Just so I can be all happy again. Even though he won't be anything like what he was. Just the thought of him would make me happy. :elefant:

Lonestar
02-27-2011, 04:13 AM
Let's hope not we need no ego issues on this team.

Does no one remember his Cow town comments about DEN when he left.

Screw him and the horse he rode in on. If mikey the great RB guru cuts him there is a reason.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Davii
02-27-2011, 06:12 AM

He's 30.

Concussion/groin, he says were "fluke" injuries, and he's hot brokedown. In fact, says his legs are younger than his age.

Whatcha think?

I wouldn't want to see Portis back here. We made out in that trade for sure.

His skill set is not that much different from Knowshon's either. If we're looking for a multiple back system we should be looking for a bigger smash type back, which CP is not. We already have the smaller shifty guys in Knowshon and Lance, I wouldn't be even a little surprised to see us sign Deangelo Williams.

Northman
02-27-2011, 08:19 AM
Dude's washed up as a player but his mouth doesnt stop running. If your a fan concerned about character you do not sign this guy.

threefolddead
02-27-2011, 08:36 AM
... Seriously? Portis? The guy can't get on the football field and when he does hes been unimpressive as of late. We don't need to continue to sign free agents like that. I'm sick of bringing in these guys that have lost a step and acting like they are going to help or fill a hole. Goes back to our D-line from the Browns with Shanny. Lets develop our own talent unless we see a legit free agent and not some used up, washed up, cocky guy who didn't like Denver to begin with.

underrated29
02-27-2011, 12:25 PM
If the pack cant re adjust AJ. Hawks 10 mil contract, they will cut him.

We could use LB help, he might be worth it. Portis is not.

Lonestar
02-27-2011, 12:31 PM
Not sure what position Hawk plays but IIRC he is a stud. Not quite mathews but a whole lot better than we have.

BroncoWave
02-27-2011, 12:45 PM
Let's hope not we need no ego issues on this team.

Does no one remember his Cow town comments about DEN when he left.

Screw him and the horse he rode in on. If mikey the great RB guru cuts him there is a reason.

:lol: WOW. You JUST called Denver a cow town not even a week ago.

TXBRONC
02-27-2011, 01:00 PM

He's 30.

Whatcha think?

No matter what he says he's got a lot mileage of his body so I would shy away from bringing him in.

KCL
02-27-2011, 02:53 PM
Dude's washed up as a player but his mouth doesnt stop running. If your a fan concerned about character you do not sign this guy.

Larry Johnson is the same way...hey I hear he is available...that is someone who would be lucky if a team signed him..what an arrogant ass he turned out to be.

Lonestar
02-27-2011, 02:58 PM
:lol: WOW. You JUST called Denver a cow town not even a week ago.

Yep I did becuase that is how many athletes feel about it. As compared to MIA, NYC, BOS, LA,CHI den does not compare.

Smaller population, less to do, not on the same level for entertainment, restaurants, night clubs or last but not least endorsements. That is where supplemental income comes from.

MJ did not make most of his millions just on the basket ball floor he got uber rich from commercials and endorsements.

How many athletes in DEN have been household names. Besides John.

You can count them on one hand. If not half of one.

Do not get me wrong I love DEN but it does not compare with the mega cities.

claymore
02-27-2011, 03:24 PM
On paper we made out in the trade, but in reality we havent been the same since. We could never truly use Champ to 100% of his abilities. We could have milked Portis for more points, wins etc... Imo.

Having said that, his shelf life is expired.

underrated29
02-27-2011, 03:44 PM
Yep I did becuase that is how many athletes feel about it. As compared to MIA, NYC, BOS, LA,CHI den does not compare.

Smaller population, less to do, not on the same level for entertainment, restaurants, night clubs or last but not least endorsements. That is where supplemental income comes from.

MJ did not make most of his millions just on the basket ball floor he got uber rich from commercials and endorsements.

How many athletes in DEN have been household names. Besides John.

You can count them on one hand. If not half of one.

Do not get me wrong I love DEN but it does not compare with the mega cities.

John elway, Terrel Davis, Shannon Sharpe, Eddie Mcaffrey, Rod Smith, Bill Romanowski, Joe Sakic, Peter Forsberg, Patrick Roy, Larry Walker, some guy named Cargo?, Melo, Matumbo, Billips........

Those were the first few that immediately popped into my head when I thought of football, baseball, basketball and hockey. That I am quite sure are household names.

rcsodak
02-27-2011, 05:56 PM
John elway, Terrel Davis, Shannon Sharpe, Eddie Mcaffrey, Rod Smith, Bill Romanowski, Joe Sakic, Peter Forsberg, Patrick Roy, Larry Walker, some guy named Cargo?, Melo, Matumbo, Billips........

Those were the first few that immediately popped into my head when I thought of football, baseball, basketball and hockey. That I am quite sure are household names.

WOW. :lol: Did you just include "Melo"?

He couldn't WAIT to get out of Denver, iirc.

Plus, Eddie/Romo were really the only FA's on your list...the rest were drafted (i'm including JE, just cuz). And didn't the Av's get moved to Denver? So, unless the players were all gonna just up and quit....... ;)

Lonestar
02-27-2011, 07:00 PM

Yeah ask someone that lives outside of Colorado or its surrounding states how many know those names And recognize them as some one that stayed in DEN for all if their career.

Then Ask them about players from the BIGS.

You just do not get it.

Lonestar
02-27-2011, 07:04 PM

Plus, Eddie/Romo were really the only FA's on your list...the rest were drafted (i'm including JE, just cuz). And didn't the Av's get moved to Denver? So, unless the players were all gonna just up and quit....... ;)

I'd give him TD but after that folks in the real world think that DEN is in the mountains surrounded by buffalo herds. That you can climb off a airplane and walk to a ski lift.

claymore
02-27-2011, 07:11 PM
I'd give him TD but after that folks in the real world think that DEN is in the mountains surrounded by buffalo herds. That you can climb off a airplane and walk to a ski lift.

Why do you hate Colorado JR?

Shananahan
02-28-2011, 04:42 AM
Why do you fabricate and distort the truth about Colorado JR?

Lonestar
02-28-2011, 10:44 AM
Why do you fabricate and distort the truth about Colorado JR?

I'm guessing your from Colorado and do not deal with non residents.

I have lived the Den for over halfmy life and the other times in other cities from NY to LA.

I know from experience what ordinary folks from outside of Colorado and surrounding states know of Denver.

They get their perceptions from what they see on national TV mostly when the Broncos play.

Unless they have come to visit, lots of just plain old folks think that DEN is about how I described it.

PAINTERDAVE
02-28-2011, 11:47 AM
St Louis - the popolaution has dropped to it's lowest level since 1870...
it is around 320,000 people.

Rockin' city there, huh?

Detroit. Kansas City. Pittsburgh. Cleveland. Green Bay. Indianapolis. Buffalo.

I know Green Bay just won the Super Bowl... but the town is TINY and there is NOTHING to do.

Denver is by far NOT the worst place/small city/crappy location for a player to be drafted.

Tebow has tweeted about how much he LOVES it here...
says the city is very clean and the people are very friendly. :welcome:

SOCALORADO.
02-28-2011, 11:50 AM
john elway, terrel davis, shannon sharpe, eddie mcaffrey, rod smith, bill romanowski, joe sakic, peter forsberg, patrick roy, larry walker, some guy named cargo?, melo, matumbo, billips........

Those were the first few that immediately popped into my head when i thought of football, baseball, basketball and hockey. That i am quite sure are household names.

A English!!!!!!!

underrated29
02-28-2011, 12:33 PM

Yeah ask someone that lives outside of Colorado or its surrounding states how many know those names And recognize them as some one that stayed in DEN for all if their career.

Then Ask them about players from the BIGS.

You just do not get it.

No where in JRs post does it mention Free agents, trades or anything else. It simply asks for BIG houshold names. Which I provided.

And, they are BIG household names. Regardless of weather Melo wanted to play in NY or here. They know he was a nugget. Same for the Avs, regardless if they were from quebec and got moved over to Denver. By that Logic then NO ONE should count the NJ Devils, because they used to be the hockey team here in Denver.

JR- you are in texas. Why dont You ask around buddy. I know, from all the people I see and meet around the states and world. They know who they are. You should do the same, I will give you 5 easy ones. John Elway, TD, Joe Sakic, Patrick Roy, Melo.

rcsodak
02-28-2011, 12:51 PM
I'm guessing your from Colorado and do not deal with non residents.

I have lived the Den for over halfmy life and the other times in other cities from NY to LA.

I know from experience what ordinary folks from outside of Colorado and surrounding states know of Denver.

They get their perceptions from what they see on national TV mostly when the Broncos play.

Unless they have come to visit, lots of just plain old folks think that DEN is about how I described it.

And they think a river runs into the Coors factory and the beer comes out the other side in a train. :lol:
Reminds me of the idgits I came across, growing up, down south. I told them where I was from, and they were amazed I 1) could afford a plane 2)knew how to drive a car. They thought bwe were still in horse/buggy. People believe what they percieve....and until they see for themselves.....

rcsodak
02-28-2011, 12:55 PM
No where in JRs post does it mention Free agents, trades or anything else. It simply asks for BIG houshold names. Which I provided.

And, they are BIG household names. Regardless of weather Melo wanted to play in NY or here. They know he was a nugget. Same for the Avs, regardless if they were from quebec and got moved over to Denver. By that Logic then NO ONE should count the NJ Devils, because they used to be the hockey team here in Denver.

JR- you are in texas. Why dont You ask around buddy. I know, from all the people I see and meet around the states and world. They know who they are. You should do the same, I will give you 5 easy ones. John Elway, TD, Joe Sakic, Patrick Roy, Melo.

My bad, 29. I thought an earlier post was talking up FA's wanting to come to Denver.

rcsodak
02-28-2011, 12:57 PM
Tommie Harris was just cut. I'd love him in B&O.

NightTerror218
02-28-2011, 08:47 PM
And they think a river runs into the Coors factory and the beer comes out the other side in a train. :lol:
Reminds me of the idgits I came across, growing up, down south. I told them where I was from, and they were amazed I 1) could afford a plane 2)knew how to drive a car. They thought bwe were still in horse/buggy. People believe what they percieve....and until they see for themselves.....

All this talk is nothin compared to what people think of Alaska....you think of Alaska and you think of polar bears, sled dogs and igloos. People in the "big cities" have said some of the dumbest comments I have ever heard. "Do you have running water" " Do you ever see the sun" "What do you heat your igloo w/o it melting" "Are there cars in Alaska or do you have to use dog sleds" "Alaska is bigger then texas?" "Alaska is not part of the US, its another country" "Alaska is located in the ocean hawaii?" (stupid maps)

HORSEPOWER 56
02-28-2011, 09:21 PM
All this talk is nothin compared to what people think of Alaska....you think of Alaska and you think of polar bears, sled dogs and igloos. People in the "big cities" have said some of the dumbest comments I have ever heard. "Do you have running water" " Do you ever see the sun" "What do you heat your igloo w/o it melting" "Are there cars in Alaska or do you have to use dog sleds" "Alaska is bigger then texas?" "Alaska is not part of the US, its another country" "Alaska is located in the ocean hawaii?" (stupid maps)

Sooo, you're saying that 1/2 that stuff isn't true...? :confused:

BTW, what do you heat your igloo with w/o it melting?

Lonestar
02-28-2011, 10:24 PM

Hell I do not even know them, might be hockey players but could not prove it by me.

I do not have to ask around any more, as I have in the past and most folks in ELP do not even know where DEN is.. Unless they have a relative there..

Most folks from here may never get out of the county let alone out of the states of NM, TEX or Chihuahua ..

I did not fall out of the turnip patch just yesterday..I have for decades tried to right the misconceptions of folks that do not have a clue about DEN..

Getting back to the original statement most PRO players would not come to DEN unless they were drafted or are getting extraordinary money to play there..

Now once they have lived there a few will raise their kids there but most will go home when they can..