PDA

View Full Version : Colorado rally swamps No. 5 Texas

Denver Native (Carol)
02-26-2011, 08:33 PM
BOULDER — "Bracketologists" projecting the 68-team field for the NCAA Tournament will need to add another contender.

Colorado jumped back into the conversation today, treating a sold-out Coors Evens Center to a stunning 91-89 victory over a fifth-ranked Texas team that leads the Big 12 Conference and was being mentioned nationally as a potential No. 1 seed.

CU trailed by as many as 22 points in the first half.

Colorado fans stormed the court and yelled the school fight song to celebrate the program's first win over a top-five team since the Buffs beat then-No. 3 Texas here in 2003.

Getting 33 points from sophomore guard Alec Burks, the Buffaloes (18-11, 7-7 Big 12) were still down 48-33 at halftime.

"We just said we were going to do it at the defensive end (in the second half)," CU senior Cory Higgins said.

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_17491216

OrangeHoof
02-26-2011, 08:45 PM
Congrats to Colorado. I don't know if you'll make it into the tournament unless you have a long run in the conference tourney. There are probably six other Big XII schools with more convincing resumes than CU. But look at it this way. Once you get to the PAC-12, you'll be in a weaker basketball league and all those pacific coast teams are really going to struggle at altitude more than the plains teams do.

Lonestar
02-26-2011, 09:38 PM
heard about it on teh radio the new coach was in an interview sounds impressive. JUST maybe he can do something for that program that has sucked for a long time..

MasterShake
02-26-2011, 11:45 PM
Love that CU did this, but I feel kind of weird when they storm the court. Act like it was supposed to happen! :lol:

Northman
02-27-2011, 08:24 AM
Love that CU did this, but I feel kind of weird when they storm the court. Act like it was supposed to happen! :lol:

But it wasnt. :D

I have no problem with them storming the court, it was an upset and the kids wanted to celebrate. I never understood the whole "reigning in emotion" with college athletics.

MasterShake
02-27-2011, 07:02 PM
But it wasnt. :D

I have no problem with them storming the court, it was an upset and the kids wanted to celebrate. I never understood the whole "reigning in emotion" with college athletics.

Thats true. Good win either way!

OrangeHoof
03-11-2011, 11:10 AM
Give the Buffs some props. They've pushed past Baylor and Nebraska and, win their win over K-State, look to have made the NCAA tournament, even if they lose to Kansas tonight (no shame in that).

It looks like Kansas, Kansas St. Texas, Texas A&M, Missouri and Colorado will be getting invites.

rcsodak
03-11-2011, 02:03 PM
Give the Buffs some props. They've pushed past Baylor and Nebraska and, win their win over K-State, look to have made the NCAA tournament, even if they lose to Kansas tonight (no shame in that).

It looks like Kansas, Kansas St. Texas, Texas A&M, Missouri and Colorado will be getting invites.

I doubt this win gets them in. They'd need to win the tourney, imo.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Buff
03-11-2011, 02:53 PM
I doubt this win gets them in. They'd need to win the tourney, imo.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Wrong. We're essentially a lock already. 4-2 vs. Top 25 teams. Beaten #23 ranked Kansas State three times on the year. 21 wins. Alec Burks.

Joe Lunardi moved us out of his "last four in" into the top 64 and changed us from a #12 to a #11 seed in his projected bracket.

BigDaddyBronco
03-11-2011, 03:23 PM
Wrong. We're essentially a lock already. 4-2 vs. Top 25 teams. Beaten #23 ranked Kansas State three times on the year. 21 wins. Alec Burks.

Joe Lunardi moved us out of his "last four in" into the top 64 and changed us from a #12 to a #11 seed in his projected bracket.

I'm hoping New Mexico's win over CU helps when they get evaluated. UNM really needs to beat BYU again and at least make a showing in the Mtn West title game to have a shot.